• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Preordered from Best Buy, got an email saying my payment info was invalid so went to update it and it kept saying invalid even though I know it's right and have used my card recently. Then I get an email saying more order was canceled, I contact customer service and say that's it's a glitch and are trying to figure things out. Still no word whether I'll get my switch yet :/

Shoot, this happened to me immediately after ordering (my cc company wanted me to verify the purchase) and it still says failed authorization after I corrected it. I should contact them to

I'm getting the switch from Gamestop. I put it on my MasterCard but since then have gotten like 200 dollars in GS gift cards. I ordered it online. I tried calling and applying my gift cards but the rep on the phone said there would an additional handling and processing fee and that my order could be cancelled so I said no. My question is this...

When I get the switch, could I return and immediately rebuy it in a store? I don't want to return it for them to be like "you can't rebuy it or immediately rebuy it". I don't know how it works with high demand items.

This is what I'm trying to do at Best Buy (and was advised to by a store clerk, though I'm sure it's still YMMV.)

Obviously explain everything you want to do before you attempt to return it so they can tell you yes or no before they start.

wonderpug

Neo Member
Is the power cord a wall wart? Can't seem to find confirmation anywhere and may need to do some wire logistics on my entertainment center prior to Friday.

It's a wall wart, but it's pretty narrow. I saw a picture that showed it fitting into a middle slot on a power strip like this:
QNJIkfW.jpg

But it wouldn't fit in the middle of one like this:
Sg7ZGLA.jpg

_h8bit

Banned
I'm working from home on Friday so I can be around to get any packages that show up (I live in an apartment building in a big city) but I'm honestly worried if any of them are coming through USPS. For the second time in as many weeks, my packages shipped via USPS just.. don't show up and I need to schedule for redelivery. No notice left, nothing to sign for, nothing. Plenty of other packages in the lobby but I don't seem to have great luck with mine :/

have a preorder on Amazon, will changing the shipping information affect me negatively anyway?
edit: and when I mean shipping info I just mean the address not the speed

NEO0MJ

have a preorder on Amazon, will changing the shipping information affect me negatively anyway?

Yes. My order was delayed because I changed shipping speed, and that was near launch! Some say that if you pay for an order with Amazon credit it won't effect it, however.

RootCause

Preordered from Best Buy, got an email saying my payment info was invalid so went to update it and it kept saying invalid even though I know it's right and have used my card recently. Then I get an email saying more order was canceled, I contact customer service and say that's it's a glitch and are trying to figure things out. Still no word whether I'll get my switch yet :/
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's just a glitch.
I've been on edge ever since my BOTW ME got cancelled.

Hoping the standard pops up on Amazon before the 3rd. I'll use the $30 credit I got for the cancellation, plus the 20% Prime discount.

I really don't want to go hunting for the game at retail stores on launch day. -_-

mstevens

Best Buy won't charge me until the day of if I'm doing in store pickup, right? I'm hearing people are getting charged but I'm assuming they are shipping.

Stopped into my local Gamestop before work to pay off the last bit of my preorder. Hype levels = maximum.

What's the GAF plan of attack this Friday?

Me: Taking a half-day from work (leaving as soon as UPS comes with my copy of BOTW from Amazon) & the bf has a friend visiting from out of town, so I'm clear for takeout, beer, and Zelda into the wee hours of Saturday morning.

Gurrry

I know I cant afford one right now, but I want one.

Anyone have an idea when Best Buy or some other outlet might put up the rest of their stock? I imagine some people who preordered might have cancelled, so maybe I can grab one after all? (even though I totally shouldnt)

Bladelaw

Sorry if this has been covered but does anyone have recommendations on SD cards for the Switch? Hearing about how few things will fit in the onboard storage means I'll want to upgrade sooner rather than later. I did a little research on the topic but I'm not sure how well the switch can take advantage of some of the "extreme pro speed" SD cards.

Is this one of those things I should just wait for places like Digital Foundry to check out and report on or is there already a known "best" card to go for?

Persona7

Banned
Sorry if this has been covered but does anyone have recommendations on SD cards for the Switch? Hearing about how few things will fit in the onboard storage means I'll want to upgrade sooner rather than later. I did a little research on the topic but I'm not sure how well the switch can take advantage of some of the "extreme pro speed" SD cards.

Is this one of those things I should just wait for places like Digital Foundry to check out and report on or is there already a known "best" card to go for?

This one seems to be popular as it's fast and provides numerous storage options/prices. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V62XBQQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I have used this specific card in the past (64GB x 2, 32GB x 2) as well without issue.

I have a Switch, Zelda Master Edition and a Pro Controller pre-ordered at Best Buy for in-store pickup. As of now they all say "Processing" but I don't expect it to change status until a day or two prior to launch.

Stopped into my local Gamestop before work to pay off the last bit of my preorder. Hype levels = maximum.

Me: Taking a half-day from work (leaving as soon as UPS comes with my copy of BOTW from Amazon) & the bf has a friend visiting from out of town, so I'm clear for takeout, beer, and Zelda into the wee hours of Saturday morning.

Well, my Gamestop (where my system, accessories, pro-controller and BotW amiibo are reserved and paid off) won't be doing a midnight much to my chagrin, so Friday morning, I will leave the house around 8:30am and sit outside the store until opening at 10 (some Gamestops have opened earlier following not doing a midnight so that could be their plan) to pick up everything. Then go back home, wait for my Gamestop online order of Zelda SE to be delivered. Doing an unboxing showing everything I got (including powerbank, usb-c cords and 128 microsd), applying screen protector, setting up system and gaming away with Zelda

Kaiken

Banned
Zelda and Switch all payed off. Shamelessly took Friday off and will be at Gamestop for the midnight release. Now to debate if I should even start Horizon: Zero Dawn tomorrow or just wait until Zelda is completed.

My Launch Plans

1. Leave work at 4pm on Thursday
  2. Pick up my ticket for GameStop midnight launch (everything is paid off already)
  3. Play random video games until 10:30
  4. Go to gamestop at 10:30
  5. At midnight Switch Get! along with BotW, Pro Controller, and Official Carrying Case
  6. Play Zelda and download Fast RMX, Shovel Knight and Snipperclips
  7. Sleep from like 3-5:30-ish
  8. Target at 6am for 8am opening
  9. Use Mom's 10% discount and 5% redcard to pick up 1 2 Switch, Neon Joy-Con, Charging Grip and maybe an extra Switch to sell to a friend (for amount paid, not profit)
  10. Enjoy a few days off to play!
  11. Sunday - birthday celebration at my local bar before it gets busy playing 1 2 Switch

My Launch Plans

2. Pick up my ticket for GameStop midnight launch (everything is paid off already)
  5. At midnight Switch Get! along with BotW, Pro Controller, and Official Carrying Case
  9. Use Mom's 10% discount and 5% redcard to pick up 1 2 Switch, Neon Joy-Con, Charging Grip and maybe an extra Switch to sell to a friend (for amount paid, not profit)
  11. Sunday - birthday celebration at my local bar before it gets busy playing 1 2 Switch

\Why do you need a ticket for a preorder? You don't need that

Well, my Gamestop (where my system, accessories, pro-controller and BotW amiibo are reserved and paid off) won't be doing a midnight much to my chagrin, so Friday morning, I will leave the house around 8:30am and sit outside the store until opening at 10 (some Gamestops have opened earlier following not doing a midnight so that could be their plan) to pick up everything. Then go back home, wait for my Gamestop online order of Zelda SE to be delivered. Doing an unboxing showing everything I got (including powerbank, usb-c cords and 128 microsd), applying screen protector, setting up system and gaming away with Zelda

Yeah my Gamestop isn't doing a midnight launch either. I was thinking about heading over a little before the store opens just to see if anybody is hanging around or not. Worst case I'll just grab some breakfast until 10

I'm going absolutely crazy at work today.

Haven't felt like this since I was a kid...counting down the days until a new Nintendo console/new Zelda is absolute bliss! Part of the fun, if you ask me...

Yeah my Gamestop isn't doing a midnight launch either. I was thinking about heading over a little before the store opens just to see if anybody is hanging around or not. Worst case I'll just grab some breakfast until 10

I might do that too. Ihop is right around the corner from the store. Or I could get a to-go from ihop (love my belgian waffles) and eat right in the car in front of Gamestop.

Effect

Kinda afraid to cancel my 1 2 Switch order on Amazon. It's a separate order from my system and Zelda orders but super paranoia any change to any order might screw with the others. Canceling a separate order shouldn't impact something else right?

eoa-swam

Kinda afraid to cancel my 1 2 Switch order on Amazon. It's a separate order from my system and Zelda orders but super paranoia any change to any order might screw with the others. Canceling a separate order shouldn't impact something else right?

Get in a chat and check with Amazon.

of course not, you guys are just going crazy man

get

Is there any scuttlebutt on demo stations? Will any retailers have them on Friday? Not preordering but I'd love to get my hands on one just to see what it's like.

spock

Yes. My order was delayed because I changed shipping speed, and that was near launch! Some say that if you pay for an order with Amazon credit it won't effect it, however.

I purchased $350+ in amazon gift cards yesterday to pay stuff off, i did zelda first and it screwed the order, only thing i did was apply gift card credit to the order.Thankfully i didnt do the console, but now i have a bunch of amazon credit i dont want right now and i will take the 350 hit to my credit card as well...feels like paying twice.

Did re-order zelda from bb for $60 instead of the $49 from amazon with prime. Sucks but whatever...

sensui-tomo

Wasnt able to preorder but i'm going to a Meijer on friday at midnight to see if i can snag one (if i cant , i'll just wait but if they got it Super) then i have to worry about finding LoZ BoTW since i have prime/GCU but never know if i can find a special edition somewhere (whatever the edition was without the sword figure)

Li Sama

Neo Member
Shoot, this happened to me immediately after ordering (my cc company wanted me to verify the purchase) and it still says failed authorization after I corrected it. I should contact them to
Wow I hope it's just a glitch I keep calling and they just say they can't reinstate canceled orders lol.

Persona7

Banned
Is there any scuttlebutt on demo stations? Will any retailers have them on Friday? Not preordering but I'd love to get my hands on one just to see what it's like.

They just installed a bunch of new stations that show video at Target and Wal-Mart so I am assuming they won't have them for a while. Not sure if Gamestop has this too.

psyfi

Banned

I'm going to Best Buy first thing in the morning, playing Zelda all day, then going to a party at my friend's house at 8pm. It'll probably be good for me to get out, but I know it's gonna be hard to rip myself from Hyrule, haha.

maxcriden

My Launch Plans

Happy early birthday! They're doing a ticket system for GameStop if you already preordered?

Top Bottom