• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

wwm0nkey

Friend sent me this, it begins!
Qu3VCfx.jpg

Happy early birthday! They're doing a ticket system for GameStop if you already preordered?

My Birthday is actually tomorrow! :)
I hope that I get some awesome Nindies announcements. And yes, just to speed up the process. So between 6 and close anyone with a pre-order can stop in, pay everything off, and get their ticket. Numbered in order of those who paid first.

Then before midnight people get in order based on their numbered tickets, and then people who didn't stop in earlier/don't have preorders are first-come first-served.

So when I get there, let's say I'm number 5, there will be a bag or bundle with that number and all of the stuff I have preordered.

vgamer1

I can't stop checking my best buy order status every three minutes.

Still awaiting authorization, when I log in to check my best buy credit card status no pending charges have been made yet.

I called them last night and their automated system stated they were preparing the order.. don't know what to think!

Still awaiting authorization, when I log in to check my best buy credit card status no pending charges have been made yet.

I called them last night and their automated system stated they were preparing the order.. don't know what to think!

My status also says preparing. Can only imagine that everything is fine. My BB card has been charged. You can tell if it has been charged by clicking on the order information. It will show your card and the billing address. It used to say awaiting authorization, but now it shows just the payment info.

vgamer1

My status also says preparing. Can only imagine that everything is fine. My BB card has been charged. You can tell if it has been charged by clicking on the order information. It will show your card and the billing address. It used to say awaiting authorization, but now it shows just the payment info.

Yeah, mine still says awaiting authorization.

What case and usb C cable/charge brick do y'all recommend?

Lot's of good recommendations here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334910

I got these: iOrange-E Braided USB C Charger Cable (10ft) $13.99 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016ZYUDT2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Anker 2 Port 24 W USB Wall Charger: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LCDT7FC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I received both. Amazing build quality - ESPECIALLY the USB C cable. Plus it's 10 feet.

As for case I'm going with the official one for everyday commuter use and then the Special Edition BotW case for longer trips.

maxcriden

They just installed a bunch of new stations that show video at Target and Wal-Mart so I am assuming they won't have them for a while. Not sure if Gamestop has this too.

Yeah, I think it will be the same for GS. Pretty sure I had read demo units won't be in stores till a few weeks after launch at the earliest.

I'm doing in store pick up at Best Buy, and both Zelda and the Switch are marked as being available March 2nd. Hope I can pick it up a day early but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Your store is likely doing a midnight launch.

Yep, and here is how to check:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-g...ts/pcmcat183100050001.c?id=pcmcat183100050001

My Birthday is actually tomorrow! :)
I hope that I get some awesome Nindies announcements. And yes, just to speed up the process. So between 6 and close anyone with a pre-order can stop in, pay everything off, and get their ticket. Numbered in order of those who paid first.

Then before midnight people get in order based on their numbered tickets, and then people who didn't stop in earlier/don't have preorders are first-come first-served.

So when I get there, let's say I'm number 5, there will be a bag or bundle with that number and all of the stuff I have preordered.

Thanks for the info! I'm hearing mixed things from my GS about whether there will be a midnight release. So, I'll talk to them tomorrow to see, though they said they'd call everyone to tell them. I'd like to do a midnight release so I can work Friday and have the Zelda downloads done in plenty of time since I won't be able to play till Friday afternoon at the earliest anyway.

Happy very soon birthday! I hope you get some awesome Nindie announcements also, perhaps something Yooka-Laylee related!

psyfi

Banned
I've done a good job of not thinking about Zelda and just letting it slowly get closer and closer to launch, but man, it's gonna be impossible for me to not countdown the seconds this week.

I need to get off GAF lmao

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I've done a good job of not thinking about Zelda and just letting it slowly get closer and closer to launch, but man, it's gonna be impossible for me to not countdown the seconds this week.

LOL.. yeah.. good luck with that.

lt519

I got lucky (?) and have a work deadline due Friday. It's 8AM to 8PM days for me at work through Thursday. Should help pass the time and the OT should subsequently pay for all of it :p

Reading all your guys posts about being charged and checking your orders combined with the wait for the console is killing me. Really wished I thought about going online to Newegg and pre-order one right after the presentation. Signed up for a email notification, hoping they get some by the time it hits Friday.To the people who were lucky enough to get a preorder in, enjoy your new console.

maxcriden

Reading all your guys posts about being charged and checking your orders combined with the wait for the console is killing me. Really wished I thought about going online to Newegg and pre-order one right after the presentation. Signed up for a email notification, hoping they get some by the time it hits Friday.To the people who were lucky enough to get a preorder in, enjoy your new console.

My biggest recommendation would be:
Have you been in the BST thread in the community forum? If you're in NA especially, several posters have been selling their preorders at cost in there, and you can check anyone's feedback in the feedback thread.

Alternately if you're in NA some stores are doing first come first serve, Target I know is one, I think Walmart also, and probably some others. I'd call your local store to see how many they're getting in and if they're selling at midnight and I'd arrive early. GS is getting limited stock also so you may want to call them too.

sadromeo

Anyone in socal have their neon order from Best Buy go to preparing yet?

Still nothing on my end

Mine has not changed to preparing yet either. In SoCal with neon switch order at Best Buy. Still on pre-ordered.

Getting really worried now.

maxcriden

Mine has not changed to preparing yet either. In SoCal with neon switch order at Best Buy. Still on pre-ordered.

Sometimes my BB orders don't prepare/ship till a couple days before release. Sometimes they ship the day before. I wouldn't necessarily worry yet. ^^

FZZ

Banned

I wouldn't get worried til Tuesday

but it IS really weird that it's only the Neon model and on the west coast

I know people who ordered the Neon from Florida and theirs is shipping

no idea what's going on or how Best Buy's system works

spock

PSA For those planning to use amazon gift card credit...

If you FULLY pay off a pre-ordered item with a gift card your order will be kicked out and re-qued. HOWEVER, if you use a gift card to pay some BUT not all of an item via gift card, meaning some of the cost stays on your original billing method, you wont lose your place.

So in my case, yesterday I applied a gift card to pay for zelda in full. That screwed the delivery date for that order. Today while on the phone with Amazon the rep applied my remaining balance of $297 to my switch console which maintained the 3/3 delivery date. Then canceled zelda which I'll get credit for. They did give me an extra $15 in credit (peanuts for the time wasted) due to having to buy zelda at best buy.

Gamestop:

Zelda Master Edition: Charged my card.

Best Buy:

Pro Controller: Charged my card and status at "preparing."

Grey Switch System (In store pick-up): Haven't been charged and still says "pre-ordered."

I hope in store pick-up orders are processed differently.

Gamestop:

Zelda Master Edition: Charged my card.

Best Buy:

Pro Controller: Charged my card and status at "preparing."

Grey Switch System (In store pick-up): Haven't been charged and still says "pre-ordered."

I hope in store pick-up orders are processed differently.

My Grey BB in-store pickup says the same, with Awaiting Authorization.

DonShula

My 1 2 Switch from Best Buy has shifted to "preparing." Bomberman on the same order is still "processing."

Can't wait for Friday. Need Zelda. NEED ZELDA.

CKD5989

Same exact situation here. SoCal, Neon Bundle, Best Buy, still "Pre-ordered". Fully expect the orders to go through but always uncomfortable until the orders are confirmed. FWIW, my pro controller preorder is at the "Preparing" stage and my card has been charged.

Fingers crossed!

DonShula

Sometimes my BB orders don't prepare/ship till a couple days before release. Sometimes they ship the day before. I wouldn't necessarily worry yet. ^^

This is sage advice here.

Launches aren't your typical thing when it comes to shipping. Hundreds of thousands of these things are getting dispatched in a very short window.

There's a post buried in this thread from someone whose launch PS4 was shipped at 11pm the night before. I've seen similar things from Amazon.

Do not panic.

Lot's of good recommendations here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1334910

I got these: iOrange-E Braided USB C Charger Cable (10ft) $13.99 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016ZYUDT2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Anker 2 Port 24 W USB Wall Charger: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LCDT7FC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I received both. Amazing build quality - ESPECIALLY the USB C cable. Plus it's 10 feet.

As for case I'm going with the official one for everyday commuter use and then the Special Edition BotW case for longer trips.

Any reason you don't like Sheikah case for everyday? Is it really bulky?

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Was thinking about canceling my Preorder since I have a huge backlog of PS4 and 3DS games, especially with Horizon Zero Dawn out tomorrow and a lot more PS4 exclusives coming soon. But I checked my status on Bestbuy and my Switch and Zelda are preparing for shipment and the money has been taken out of my account. Lol.

My Best Buy Neon switch order placed on Jan 12th still stuck on pre ordered..processing..has not budged at all..using my best buy credit card on this order just like I did for my amiibos which are all set to preparing so not sure what is going on

I called the automated number also says preparing order which is total nonsense since I just checked my best buy credit card online and there has not been any authorization for anything(Except the amiibos since that is already on preparing)

LaneDS

For in-store pickup, especially with a midnight launch, will Best Buy send an e-mail saying your order is ready for pickup? I'm probably going to show up at midnight and just assume it'll go smoothly, but I'd like to have the assurance at the same time.

My biggest recommendation would be:
Have you been in the BST thread in the community forum? If you're in NA especially, several posters have been selling their preorders at cost in there, and you can check anyone's feedback in the feedback thread.

Alternately if you're in NA some stores are doing first come first serve, Target I know is one, I think Walmart also, and probably some others. I'd call your local store to see how many they're getting in and if they're selling at midnight and I'd arrive early. GS is getting limited stock also so you may want to call them too.

Sweet, I'll check on there after work. Will be the first time, I buy something on Gaf if I find one. Thanks for the heads up.

Jafku

I'm getting the switch from Gamestop. I put it on my MasterCard but since then have gotten like 200 dollars in GS gift cards. I ordered it online. I tried calling and applying my gift cards but the rep on the phone said there would an additional handling and processing fee and that my order could be cancelled so I said no. My question is this...

When I get the switch, could I return and immediately rebuy it in a store? I don't want to return it for them to be like "you can't rebuy it or immediately rebuy it". I don't know how it works with high demand items.

I ordered my switch from gamestop.com as well. First of all that I like you got $200 in gs trade credit. The guy in store said he couldn't add it to my order but he did say I could return and rebuy it and apply the trade credit. Second, he gave me a number to call gamestop and they applied the credit to my order so that rep is misinformed. Here's the number 1-800-883-8895. I think it's just their customer care #

Does anyone know if DQH 1+2 has an English language option? I'd love to get it on Friday from the Japanese eshop, but have no clue if I'll be able to play without a translation guide.

nullpoynter

Looks like Best Buy has charged me for both my pro controller and Zelda now which are both scheduled to arrive on Friday. Now just waiting for Amazon to charge me for the Switch.

Ok. All three of my Best Buy Switch pre-orders (console, Zelda, Pro Controller) are in the "Preparing" stage, I can no longer cancel anything, and the funds have been charged to my bank account.

Best Buy veterans, is there any chance at this point my order can be cancelled? I've had one or two bad experiences with pre-ordered consoles in the past.

vgamer1

My Best Buy Neon switch order placed on Jan 12th still stuck on pre ordered..processing..has not budged at all..using my best buy credit card on this order just like I did for my amiibos which are all set to preparing so not sure what is going on

I called the automated number also says preparing order which is total nonsense since I just checked my best buy credit card online and there has not been any authorization for anything(Except the amiibos since that is already on preparing)

I had also posted on reddit and multiple people who had shipping orders using best buy credit cards are still "pre-ordered" not "processing", which gives me hope. I'm kiiinda freaking out over here.

So bestbuy charged my PayPal for the instore pro controllers but it still shows processing. I'm in Oregon:

Paypal always gets charged earlier.

I'm not too worried about my Best Buy switch. Payment charged, preparing.

More concerned about Target.

Says expected arrival is March 4th. Nothing other than that for the last week.

Ok. All three of my Best Buy Switch pre-orders (console, Zelda, Pro Controller) are in the "Preparing" stage, I can no longer cancel anything, and the funds have been charged to my bank account.

Best Buy veterans, is there any chance at this point my order can be cancelled? I've had one or two bad experiences with pre-ordered consoles in the past.
Well nothing's *really* there until it's there, but you have definitely paid for the item now so a payment or stock issue is unlikely.

quick question: the eshop cards we have available at amazon, bestbuy, etc,, will work just fine with switch correcT? Can I buy cards now and just enter on switch's eshop? has this been confirmed by nintendo?

jmizzal

All my orders are from 3 different stores

Switch at Gamestop
Zelda Special edition at Best buy near the gamestop both close to my job
Pro Controller and Zelda BotW amiibo at Best buy 20 mins away from the other stores but closer to home

So on lunch break picking up the first two and on the way home picking up the rest

Top Bottom