• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

So I'm in a REALLY annoying situation:

I was alerted on Friday that the credit card I had used to make several Best Buy orders during the $25 off $100 promotion was compromised. After updating my payment method to a new card, the discount no longer appears. I've contacted both Visa and BB customer support but I'm not sure what else I can do.

These were mostly video game preorders including several Switch games and accessories. I know these are being prepared to ship within the next few days so it would really suck to lose out on a lot of discounts because of fraudulent activity I had no control over.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
March3rd1.jpg

I cannot wait.

Jafku

So I'm in a REALLY annoying situation:

I was alerted on Friday that the credit card I had used to make several Best Buy orders during the $25 off $100 promotion was compromised. After updating my payment method to a new card, the discount no longer appears. I've contacted both Visa and BB customer support but I'm not sure what else I can do.

These were mostly video game preorders including several Switch games and accessories. I know these are being prepared to ship within the next few days so it would really suck to lose out on a lot of discounts because of fraudulent activity I had no control over.

I had the same issue. Contacted Best Buy CSR and the rep is giving me a $25 refund when I pick up my pro controller. Also gave me a reference number If I have to contact them. We'll see if they keep up their end on friday

Dartastic

I suppose people don't know yet, but does anyone know if the copy of Zelda that is coming in the Special Edition is the same as the normal edition? Meaning, if I pick up a standard copy of Zelda at the midnight launch to hold me over until my special edition comes, can I return the copy that comes in the special edition and not have any SKU issues?

Futureman

Do you think getting to Bestbuy around 2 PM on Thursday will be early enough to secure a walk in bought switch?

are they giving out tickets or something for walk ins? Wondering if it's possible to grab a ticket early, chill at home for a few hours and then come back...

Persona7

Banned
I suppose people don't know yet, but does anyone know if the copy of Zelda that is coming in the Special Edition is the same as the normal edition? Meaning, if I pick up a standard copy of Zelda at the midnight launch to hold me over until my special edition comes, can I return the copy that comes in the special edition and not have any SKU issues?

I would probably wait until a unboxing shows up before attempting this. So far, no details. Pack ins sometimes are "NOT FOR RESALE" units.

are they giving out tickets or something for walk ins? Wondering if it's possible to grab a ticket early, chill at home for a few hours and then come back...

My GameStop did that for the Xbox One. Non preorders lined up around 5pm. Waited two hours, paid off the system, told to come back at Midnight.

Dartastic

I would probably wait until a unboxing shows up before attempting this. So far, no details. Pack ins sometimes are "NOT FOR RESALE" units.
Yeah, I'm probably just going to wait right now. I can pick up my console at midnight but my special edition of Zelda is being shipped to me, so I probably won't be able to get it until like, night time when I'm going to be drunk and hopefully jubilant after a Timbers win, haha. At least Snipperclips is a launch title, along with Shovel Knight and all the DLC. Woooo Friday is going to be so good!

Zelda, Switch, start of the MLS season, Logan... Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

tommyguns

overkill man.

Was just trying to gauge what others thought. I didn't want to line up that early in any way, but if I had to to grab a switch+zelda on launch, I guess I would have. (Took off Friday)

I've ALWAYS pre ordered consoles besides the Wii, so wasn't really sure what to expect. Guess I'll be safe going later in the evening!

The next few days will be a little stressful. Worried they may cancel my amazon preorder at the last minute even though I ordered within the first minute of it going live.

Persona7

Banned
Yeah, I'm probably just going to wait right now. I can pick up my console at midnight but my special edition of Zelda is being shipped to me, so I probably won't be able to get it until like, night time when I'm going to be drunk and hopefully jubilant after a Timbers win, haha. At least Snipperclips is a launch title, along with Shovel Knight and all the DLC. Woooo Friday is going to be so good!

Zelda, Switch, start of the MLS season, Logan... Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I bet a NA copy unboxing will pop up a day or two before official release date on youtube so keep an eye out.

Darklor01

Order site for Switch/games/accessories:
giphy.gif

NeoGAF Switch related threads:
giphy.gif

E-Mail (looking for shipping e-mails)
giphy.gif

Persona7

Banned
Wal-Mart put a price sticker up for the Zelda SE so it seems they might have some available? Not sure if they even offered pre-orders.

maxcriden

For in-store pickup, especially with a midnight launch, will Best Buy send an e-mail saying your order is ready for pickup? I'm probably going to show up at midnight and just assume it'll go smoothly, but I'd like to have the assurance at the same time.

You've confirmed your store is doing a midnight launch, right? I'm not sure if there will be an email.

maxcriden

Was just trying to gauge what others thought. I didn't want to line up that early in any way, but if I had to to grab a switch+zelda on launch, I guess I would have. (Took off Friday)

I've ALWAYS pre ordered consoles besides the Wii, so wasn't really sure what to expect. Guess I'll be safe going later in the evening!

Honestly I would call your store, see how many they expect to get, and decide from there. If you're in NYC or something I would imagine 2 PM would be very smart....

What State do you live in?

I checked everything just now because.. well.. yours shipped. Mine.. still preparing.

Hawaii, I'm suprised myself, got a Fedex tracking # too. What's weird is it's expected to arrive Thursday. If it helps any I ordered on Feb 24, when someone posted the topic pros were in stock and I ordered just the controller. Getting my system from Gamestop instore.

Darklor01

Hawaii, I'm suprised myself, got a Fedex tracking # too. What's weird is it's expected to arrive Thursday. If it helps any I ordered on Feb 24, when someone posted the topic pros were in stock. Also, just the controller. Getting my system from Gamestop instore.

My Guess.. they shipped it to you now because they wanted to be sure it made it waaaaayyyyy out there on time.

Darklor01

Looks like Best Buy is shipping the Nintendo Switch to me and it is schedule to get to me on Wednesday!

I think it may be a good idea for people getting an update to mention where (State) they live so people in that same region can start looking for updates.

I had also posted on reddit and multiple people who had shipping orders using best buy credit cards are still "pre-ordered" not "processing", which gives me hope. I'm kiiinda freaking out over here.

Whats weird is that I dont think my best buy credit card ever had an authorization for the switch or anything else..right now my account shows zero balance but out of a 1500 credit limit it says I have 1427 available so Im assuming that is for the amiibos which were set to processing yesterday morning..maybe its just a Neon switch thing I really hope that best Buy had enough of these to go around and our orders wont get canceled

If your preorder says you're going to get the Switch before the third, don't get your hopes up. The package will likely be held at UPS or wherever until street date.

antonz

For some reason best buy decided they were overcharging me on taxes for the switch so just adjusted it to be cheaper. Problem is them doing so also started a brand new authorization check. They better not fuck me over trying to charge and ship due to a auth attempt because they lowered taxes by 7 bucks

Carlisle

Best Buy charged my CC for Zelda and Pro controller! Here we goooooo!

Amazon moved Switch order into preparing, but no charge yet.

My BB shipments are preparing!
My In-Store Pickup orders are sill in progress. Will that change come launch day?
You might get an email saying your in-store pickup order is ready on the afternoon of the 2nd, but the register won't let it leave until street date.

KevinG

Best Buy charged my CC for Zelda and Pro controller! Here we goooooo!

Amazon moved Switch order into preparing, but no charge yet.

Your Amazon order is actually changing status? I've never seen that happen more than a day or two out from release.

Top Bottom