• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

maxcriden

That won't change until Thursday.

Thank you both! I see I could have just scrolled up too. ;^^

Now to decide Neon or Gray... I think gray... neon is at BB and gray is at

It says that if your store is doing a midnight launch. Mine isn't and says 3/3.

Same.

See, I have a similar level of anxiety as others in this thread, but it's directed differently. I'm anxious that the info I was given about my BB doing a midnight launch, no matter how confident the employee I talked to seemed about it, is inaccurate.

The employee tell you something different than is on the site?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-g...ts/pcmcat183100050001.c?id=pcmcat183100050001

Oh. I just saw your other posts. Weird. I guess I should call mine too since it's not on the GA list.

Oddly, when I called GS (my other preorder is there) a few days ago they said they were doing a midnight launch. Then I stopped in there to trade in some games (TIVs spiked recently and there was a 50% extra when you put it towards Switch games deal) and that person (different from whom I talked to OTP) said it wasn't decided yet and they'd be calling people....

yeah, unless you did Paypal

Ok, cool, thanks - I didn't do PayPal.

So how does a midnight launch at BestBuy work? Do they just stay open until a bit after midnight, or do they stay open the entire time into Friday morning? Wondering about it since BB doesn't open until 10am and I get out if work at 6am.

Probably just for a couple hours. I would call and ask.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Thank you both! I see I could have just scrolled up too. ;^^

Now to decide Neon or Gray... I think gray... neon is at BB and gray is at

Same.

The employee tell you something different than is on the site?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-g...ts/pcmcat183100050001.c?id=pcmcat183100050001

Oh. I just saw your other posts. Weird. I guess I should call mine too since it's not on the GA list.

Oddly, when I called GS (my other preorder is there) a few days ago they said they were doing a midnight launch. Then I stopped in there to trade in some games (TIVs spiked recently and there was a 50% extra when you put it towards Switch games deal) and that person (different from whom I talked to OTP) said it wasn't decided yet and they'd be calling people....

Ok, cool, thanks - I didn't do PayPal.

Probably just for a couple hours. I would call and ask.

That website doesn't really say a thing.
Select a store from the list and you can go preorder. I don't see any listing of stores open at midnight.

Persona7

Banned
Matters to me some.. I actually just got off the phone with a Target. Do you live in a big city?

It seems most stores are receiving at least 20 depending on various factors. Super Targets are also are receiving more stock than regular stores. The stock indicator isn't published yet but a lot of stores have units already and can be viewed internally. Super Targets nearby also received two cases of Pro Controllers while regular stores received one case.

maxcriden

That website doesn't really say a thing.
Select a store from the list and you can go preorder. I don't see any listing of stores open at midnight.

Wait, what do you mean? The site I'm looking at that I linked to (I think correctly) says it's the stores with a midnight launch. For example my store isn't listed there.

tebunker

Banned

OmahaG8

Anyone here have a Best Buy order for Bomberman that has moved past the "Processing" phase into "Preparing"? Searched the thread and found others with processing, none that have gone beyond.

Everything else I have preordered looks up to snuff. BOTW amiibos, Zelda's, Switch, Pro, 12S.

rmt92

It seems most stores are receiving at least 20 depending on various factors. Super Targets are also are receiving more stock than regular stores. The stock indicator isn't published yet but a lot of stores have units already and can be viewed internally. Super Targets nearby also received two cases of Pro Controllers while regular stores received one case.

Ok thanks! I asked how many they had gotten, but they said they hadn't got any in yet. But I worked at Target for a bit myself and understand that they're going to have 1-2 trucks before Friday.

JaseMath

My BB Visa Checkout order for a ProCon and BotW—placed on the 15th—is still listed as In Progress (the initial stage). The rest are either listed as Pre-Ordered or Preparing.

Anyone else still seeing this? Is this a byproduct of the Visa Checkout process? It's an in-store pickup if that matters.

Ibuki

Banned
I don't get how any of you guys can buy a carrying pouch without getting your hands on it first..

I can wait a couple of days to make sure that I can really feel out one of these things so that I feel comfortable with the purchase. The switch can stay in the house until then.

It's going to go into my bag, so I don't really care...

I just don't want it loose in there.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I feel like my Best Buy orders couldn't possibly be more prepared. They're so prepared that their practically jumping into the shipping truck. I wish.

Bsigg12

How is software selling out?

What year is it?

It's Nintendo. Weird shit like this happens with them all the time.

I honestly think they are only barely producing more copies of say Legend of Zelda than total Switch units that will be available in the first month to keep their overstock low.

When I was working in market advertising for them, they were notorious for only stocking 3DS and Wii U games like Pokemon and Mario Kart with more than 5 copies to keep games from sitting on shelves. It was unreal.

My BB Visa Checkout order for a ProCon and BotW—placed on the 15th—is still listed as In Progress (the initial stage). The rest are either listed as Pre-Ordered or Preparing.

Anyone else still seeing this? Is this a byproduct of the Visa Checkout process? It's an in-store pickup if that matters.

The two that I ordered, both with the visa checkout promotion, are past progress if that is the first stage. The one that is an in store pick up is on pre-ordered, and the one that is being delivered is at preparing.

The two that I ordered, both with the visa checkout promotion, are past progress if that is the first stage. The one that is an in store pick up is on pre-ordered, and the one that is being delivered is at preparing.

This is how mine is as well. Ordered the Charging Grip for shipping, and the Pro Controller for pick up.

Lren

Anyone here have a Best Buy order for Bomberman that has moved past the "Processing" phase into "Preparing"? Searched the thread and found others with processing, none that have gone beyond.

Everything else I have preordered looks up to snuff. BOTW amiibos, Zelda's, Switch, Pro, 12S.
Mine is set to preparing along with everything else. Kinda glad I preordered it when I did.

Megatron

It's Nintendo. Weird shit like this happens with them all the time.

I honestly think they are only barely producing more copies of say Legend of Zelda than total Switch units that will be available in the first month to keep their overstock low.

Why would they produce more copies of Zelda than Switch units? How many people are going to buy the switch Zelda but no Switch? ( I guess some people buying the Collector's editions)

mohuerta

My Bomberman order says preparing since yesterday. BOTW SE, Switch, pro controller, and amiibos are all preparing and all say get it by Thurs March 2.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Wait, what do you mean? The site I'm looking at that I linked to (I think correctly) says it's the stores with a midnight launch. For example my store isn't listed there.

Ah. I didn't think that was the case since all stores I know of in my state are listed.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
How is software selling out?

What year is it?

I imagine sales are as close to 1:1 as is possible and these cartridges cost far more to make than blu rays so the risk margins are razor thin. Third parties are really going to feel that sting. And if you have an unexpected hit..

So the answer to your question is 1994.

So the answer to your question is 1994.
hQGu1.jpg

I just realised I set all my best buy preorders(all the games and pro controller) to in-store pickup and not shipping

I've got shit preordered at gamestop to go pick up

I've got the system preordered from Amazon

I'm gonna end up with games but no system, system but no pro controller, or some fucked up combo of games, system, accessories for launch day and be pissed

Veitsev

I don't get how any of you guys can buy a carrying pouch without getting your hands on it first..

I can wait a couple of days to make sure that I can really feel out one of these things so that I feel comfortable with the purchase. The switch can stay in the house until then.

Its Hori. They make really good stuff.

MomoQca

Fuck! Turns out I might not get the Switch on Friday due to a dumb screw-up on my part...

How long will it take for the Switch to be available again? :(

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
N64 games were 70$ even 80$ at times. Makes me laugh when people bitch about spending 60$ on a game or say they will wait for a sale.

And that $70 in 1997 is actually $106 in today's money. So $60 today is NOTHING!

Don't even talk to me about saving up for Phantasy Star 4!

maxcriden

Ah. I didn't think that was the case since all stores I know of in my state are listed.

Gotcha. Yeah, some aren't listed unfortunately. :( Here's hoping one of my two preorders is available as a midnight release. I don't want to take off Friday if I can't play till the afternoon anyway (waiting to play Zelda w/ my wife!).

JaseMath

Fuck me.

Just talked to a BB rep who said they're dealing with a "glitch in the system" (she said that several times) that's preventing some Switch pre-orders from moving past the initial processing stages. I had to do a questionnaire, got a case number, she sent it to the supervisor—the whole bit. If you've pre-ordered a Switch/Switch accessories/Switch games that are still in the In Progress status, CALL THEM NOW.

Glad I called.

maxcriden

I always look for the DKC3 price. Inflation has been kind to gaming on the consumer side. Especially when you factor in the race to the bottom for digital games (which isn't necessarily a good thing at all).

Fuck me.

Just talked to a BB rep who said they're dealing with a "glitch in the system" that's preventing some Switch pre-orders from moving past the initial processing stages. I had to do a questionnaire and everything.

Glad I called.

Crap. Thanks, Jason. Is that an in-store pick-up or shipped order?

Apath

Trying to decide if I want to go to a Best Buy around 7PM to wait for opening at midnight. If I call and ask, do they share how many Switches they are receiving?

Persona7

Banned
Ok thanks! I asked how many they had gotten, but they said they hadn't got any in yet. But I worked at Target for a bit myself and understand that they're going to have 1-2 trucks before Friday.

Yeah, it seems that this is the case. The store my friend manages for example hasn't received any Joy cons or software besides the Zelda SE and I guess the rest of the shipment comes in before friday.

JaseMath

I always look for the DKC3 price. Inflation has been kind to gaming on the consumer side. Especially when you factor in the race to the bottom for digital games (which isn't necessarily a good thing at all).

Crap. Thanks, Jason. Is that an in-store pick-up or shipped order?

In-store pickup.

Top Bottom