• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Retro

Trying to decide if I want to go to a Best Buy around 7PM to wait for opening at midnight. If I call and ask, do they share how many Switches they are receiving?

When I called today the guy said "a few extra", which does not fill me with much hope. My BB is in a very large, busy mall, and the only one within 30 miles, so for them to only have 'a few extra' is either extremely short-sighted or a load of bullshit.

maxcriden

In-store pickup.

Ah, man. Same here I dunno if I want to bother calling, I kinda just want to rely on my GS preorder working out. I guess if I'm going to have a backup I should probably follow through on it, though. What if it's in "Status: Pre-ordered
Available Fri, Mar 3."? It shows as in the initial processing stage but that's not the same as "in progress," so is there no issue there? Or does preordered come before in progress?

JaseMath

Posting for the new page.

Just talked to a BB rep who said they're dealing with a "glitch in the system" (she said that several times) that's preventing some Switch pre-orders from moving past the initial processing stages. I had to do a questionnaire, got a case number, she sent it to the supervisor—the whole bit. If you've pre-ordered a Switch/Switch accessories/Switch games that are still in the In Progress status, CALL THEM NOW.

Ah, man. Same here I dunno if I want to bother calling, I kinda just want to rely on my GS preorder working out. I guess if I'm going to have a backup I should probably follow through on it, though. What if it's in "Status: Pre-ordered
Available Fri, Mar 3."? It shows as in the initial processing stage but that's not the same as "in progress," so is there no issue there? Or does preordered come before in progress?

Pre-ordered is good—that's the second stage. If the status is marked as In-Progress, that's when you need to take action.

Jafku

Pre-ordered is good—that's the second stage. If the status is marked as In-Progress, that's when you need to take action.

shit, that affects my pro controller. Thankfully my Zelda Masters Edition is in Pre-Ordered. Damnit I don't wanna call :/

Some of my orders say In Progress but that's because of Visa Checkout. If anyone did Visa Checkout and it says in progress on said order, you should probably be fine.

I did my Switch order before Visa Checkout and it says pre-ordered. Guess I'm ok there.

maxcriden

Thank you. So sorry you are dealing with this! I hope it still gets to you for pick-up by Friday.

BTW, the reason I was/still am a little confused is that although I of course believe you that pre-ordered is the second stage after "in-progress," the bar underneath shows:

Processing - Preparing - Ready to Pick Up - Picked Up

And a colored dot above the "processing" step, so I figured it was potentially the same or still considered the first step, but it seems not from what you said.

JaseMath

Some of my orders say In Progress but that's because of Visa Checkout. If anyone did Visa Checkout and it says in progress on said order, you should probably be fine.

I did my Switch order before Visa Checkout and it says pre-ordered. Guess I'm ok there.

Care to elaborate? That's exactly the reason I called in the first place...

Thank you. So sorry you are dealing with this! I hope it still gets to you for pick-up by Friday.

BTW, the reason I was/still am a little confused is that although I of course believe you that pre-ordered is the second stage after "in-progress," the bar underneath shows:

Processing - Preparing - Ready to Pick Up - Picked Up

And a colored dot above the "processing" step, so I figured it was potentially the same or still considered the first step, but it seems not from what you said.

I asked the rep the same thing, and she said Pre-Ordered is basically saying the order is confirmed in their system and is awaiting fulfillment.

SRTtoZ

Welp Best Buy said it will be here on Friday, so I'm quite excited but at the same time I know when I'm done with Zelda it will sit and gain dust until MK8 comes out. Ordered the regular gray along with Zelda and a set of red joy-cons and the official case.

duckroll

Looking though the launch lineup for preorder at stores here in Singapore, I see an English Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Disgaea 5 JP which has English options apparently. I wonder why they aren't launch in the US.

Pineapple

Geez, just looked through c list to see what I'd find. Nintendo Switch running from $400-$1250. All for Friday too.

Isn't it illegal in some states to sell electronics or other items like this at prices significantly above retail value?

And who would actually pay $600+ for a system on launch day?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Ah, I see. Whereas "in-progress" means the order isn't yet confirmed in their system?

I called. Mine are in progress or pre-ordered but the actual status are preparing. She assured me that meant they are not allowed to be released until "Nintendo allows them to ship" which should be the 2nd according to her, but, everything is fine with all of my orders.

I asked the rep the same thing, and she said Pre-Ordered is basically saying the order is confirmed in their system and is awaiting fulfillment.

So my Switch says Pre-Ordered.

My games say In Progress, but when you go to the Order Details, they say Pre-Ordered, as they were part of an order with some stuff that has already come in.

Hattori

Banned
Looking though the launch lineup for preorder at stores here in Singapore, I see an English Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Disgaea 5 JP which has English options apparently. I wonder why they aren't launch in the US.
do you also see I Am Setsuna? If so does it have English options as well?

Vitacat

They are both coming to US, but I didn't know the Asian versions had full English options already. Would've been superb launch games to have.

Simo

When I called today the guy said "a few extra", which does not fill me with much hope. My BB is in a very large, busy mall, and the only one within 30 miles, so for them to only have 'a few extra' is either extremely short-sighted or a load of bullshit.

For comparison the Wal-Mart's close to my nearest Best Buy have between 20 to 50 units so I'd have to imagine the Best Buy would have something comparable in inventory,

I'm going to head to my BB that's doing ticketing and then processing transactions at 11:30.

Pigs

Looks like I'm not getting a Switch. Finally got a hold of Gamestop and the customer service tech who said he was recreating my order never did anything. Not sure what he plans to do with my credit card info I gave him. They lady I just talked to said there was nothing in the notes saying he was going to create a new order and when I told her what the guy told me she just hung up on me. I knew I should have preorded through Best Buy. What a bummer.

Care to elaborate? That's exactly the reason I called in the first place...

It was asked a while ago in some Visa Checkout deals threads because there was concern also, but any order placed using Visa Checkout will read as In Progress for whatever reason, but if you click into the order and look at the individual items it should say 'pre-ordered'. I would take an image of my orders to show what I'm talking about but don't want my order numbers and what not out there.

Anyway, for example I ordered Horizon with Visa Checkout (along with BOTW and a random 5 dollar gift card). My overall order still reads in progress, but my 5 dollar gift card shipped out to me fine, and Horizon just switched to ready to pick up. I expect BOTW to flip to ready to pick up even though the overall order still reads 'in progress.'

By all means, call Best Buy if that makes you feel more comfortable, but I just wanted to say that 'in progress' status should be fine if it is from a Visa Checkout deal as long as your individual items within the order are reading out correctly (like it saying pre-ordered).

maxcriden

I called. Mine are in progress or pre-ordered but the actual status are preparing. She assured me that meant they are not allowed to be released until "Nintendo allows them to ship" which should be the 2nd according to her, but, everything is fine with all of my orders.

Interesting, my actual status is "processing" which is before preparing. #_# Hard to keep this all straight. But, are you doing in-store pickup? For some reason I thought you were doing ship to home.

JaseMath

Ah, I see. Whereas "in-progress" means the order isn't yet confirmed in their system?
I guess; she said there was a glitch that was preventing some orders from moving past the initial stages. That worries me since, if the system never moved my order past the initial stage, then BB wouldn't allocate stock for an order that's essentially floating out in space, unfulfilled. She can send it to her supervisor and do whatever else—it's not going to make stock magically appear for me.

I hope my order goes through. Luckily it's not the Switch itself, but my ProCon and BotW (and those two thing might have enough to go around at store opening).
It was asked a while ago in some Visa Checkout deals, but any order placed using Visa Checkout will read as In Progress for whatever reason, but if you click into the order and look at the individual items it should say 'pre-ordered'. I would take an image of my orders to show what I'm talking about but don't want my order numbers and what not out there.

Anyway, for example I ordered Horizon with Visa Checkout (along with BOTW and a random 5 dollar gift card). My overall order still reads in progress, but my 5 dollar gift card shipped out to me fine, and Horizon just switched to ready to pick up. I expect BOTW to flip to ready to pick up even though it still reads 'in progress.'

By all means, call Best Buy if that makes you feel more comfortable, but I just wanted to say that 'in progress' status should be fine if it is from a Visa Checkout deal as long as your individual items within the order are reading out correcting (like it saying pre-ordered).

You're right—my status says Pre-Ordered inside the order pages. That's odd. Hopefully everything else you said holds true!

linkboy

My pre-order for Zelda (which I'm getting via in-store at BB) says:

Available: Thur Mar 2

The green dot is above processing (the first option).

Is there an official list of best micro sd cards to use with switch yet, or are people just making educated guesses?

You can't go wrong with SanDisk or Samsung. Just be sure (if buying them on-line) to get them from a reputbile place, as there's a lot of fake cards out there.

Briarios

Just cancelled my pre-order ... too expensive for one game right now. In 5 or 6 months, I'll probably pick it up. I also didn't want to scalp it, that felt kinda gross -- so, releasing it seemed the right thing.

I'm a little jealous of everyone getting it, but, financially, it's the right thing for me. I may keep the pre-order for the Zelda Special Edition, though ... just for when I do get it :)

maxcriden

Looks like I'm not getting a Switch. Finally got a hold of Gamestop and the customer service tech who said he was recreating my order never did anything. Not sure what he plans to do with my credit card info I gave him. They lady I just talked to said there was nothing in the notes saying he was going to create a new order and when I told her what the guy told me she just hung up on me. I knew I should have preorded through Best Buy. What a bummer.

Really sorry to hear it. You may still be able to get one, though. I'm going to copy/paste some advice:

My biggest recommendation would be:
Have you been in the BST thread in the community forum? If you're in NA especially, several posters have been selling their preorders at cost in there, and you can check anyone's feedback in the feedback thread.

Alternately if you're in NA some stores are doing first come first serve, Target I know is one, I think Walmart also, and probably some others. I'd call your local store to see how many they're getting in and if they're selling at midnight and I'd arrive early whenever they are opening. GS is getting limited stock also so you may want to call them too.

I guess; she said there was a glitch that was preventing some orders from moving past the initial stages. That worries me since, if the system never moved my order past the initial stage, then BB wouldn't allocate stock for an order that's essentially floating out in space, unfulfilled. She can send it to her supervisor and do whatever else—it's not going to make stock magically appear for me.

I hope my order goes through. Luckily it's not the Switch itself, but my ProCon and BotW (and those two thing might have enough to go around at store opening).

Oh, gotcha. Well, worst case scenario you can download Zelda - I'm relieved for you that it's not your Switch!

I'm hoping just the JCs (possibly with grip) will suffice for Zelda. If I see a ProCon I might pick one up just as a backup and return it if the JCs are good as is (nice portmanteau BTW!).

Smellycat

Just cancelled my pre-order ... too expensive for one game right now. In 5 or 6 months, I'll probably pick it up. I also didn't want to scalp it, that felt kinda gross -- so, releasing it seemed the right thing.

I'm a little jealous of everyone getting it, but, financially, it's the right thing for me. I may keep the pre-order for the Zelda Special Edition, though ... just for when I do get it :)

Definitely keep the Zelda SE!!

Retro

For comparison the Wal-Mart's close to my nearest Best Buy have between 20 to 50 units so I'd have to imagine the Best Buy would have something comparable in inventory,

I'm going to head to my BB that's doing ticketing and then processing transactions at 11:30.

The Walmarts near me are showing nearly 60-80 Grey units alone, that's the kind of area I live in, so yeah, I don't buy that line from Best Buy either. I'd like to avoid Walmart (as a company, and because the store that's getting the most units is in a somewhat skeezy area which seems odd), but if I get to BB and they're still saying they won't have many and the line looks bad, I guess I'll head there. At they very least I can be inside.

1FujjTw.jpg

I'm good to go right?

Stoof

Added a gift card to my amazon purchase a few hours ago and still have my preorder so that didn't seem to mess up thankfully :)

Hattori

Banned
Preordered I am Setsuna from the Amazon Japan, it's surprisingly cheap at ~$45, it was way more expensive a couple weeks earlier with shipping

linkboy

Added a gift card to my amazon purchase a few hours ago and still have my preorder so that didn't seem to mess up thankfully :)

I think you're good as long as you don't change the payment option (i.e. pay the item off fully with store credit, which replaces the card you used).

I put $59 in credit on my Switch and it didn't change anything, but my Zelda pre-order got fucked up when I applied that same credit to it (ended up canceling it and going with Best Buy).

Kermy

Any one know the best way to cancel a Best Buy pickup that's ready for pickup? Do I need to go to the store to return it even though I haven't picked it up yet?

R0ckman

What a shit company. It's almost like an anti-store for services.

tbro777

Neo Member
I did the same and so far still shows as arriving Friday.

I think you're good as long as you don't change the payment option (i.e. pay the item off fully with store credit, which replaces the card you used).

I paid the whole thing with a gift card, still shows arriving Friday.

OmahaG8

Any one know the best way to cancel a Best Buy pickup that's ready for pickup? Do I need to go to the store to return it even though I haven't picked it up yet?

Call them to get it back into inventory quicker for others, or just don't pick it up and they'll put it back on the shelves in X number of days (10?).

Top Bottom