• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Boke1879

So is this going to be like the nes classic.

No. I mean I kinda expect it to be a bit scarce. But Nintendo really has no reason to hold back any stock. If anything though production could slow down after the initial launch and a bit after. I fully expect them to have stock available around the Splatoon launch and definitely this fall.

NimbusD

I just realised I set all my best buy preorders(all the games and pro controller) to in-store pickup and not shipping

I've got shit preordered at gamestop to go pick up

I've got the system preordered from Amazon

I'm gonna end up with games but no system, system but no pro controller, or some fucked up combo of games, system, accessories for launch day and be pissed

At least you're not like me and accidentally preordered the Wii u Zelda from Amazon instead of the switch. I only realized it because of those release date emails they sent last week. Now I have to pick up Zelda at best buy and get my switch from Amazon and hope it doesn't come while I'm not home.

Damnit, I've got that new console bug. I said I was gonna wait, but...
hype

Guess my plan is to hit them in order of opening: walmart at midnight, target at 8am, then best buy at 10am

You'll get your final pre-authorization when " Your In-Store Pickup is Ready!" email is sent. They'll charge your card at pick up.

Wait, so if you're like me and used a debit card (I was already pre-authorized initially and the funds took 3 or 4 days to move back into my account), you're going to get pre-authorized again and THEN pay the actual charge? I'd rather not pay $650 and have $325 pushed back onto my card a few days later.

Looking though the launch lineup for preorder at stores here in Singapore, I see an English Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Disgaea 5 JP which has English options apparently. I wonder why they aren't launch in the US.

Don't you dare get my hopes up for English Puyo Puyo Tetris at launch.

Don't do it.

damn, Target order page says my switch will get here on march 4th, and zelda will get here sometime between march 7 - 10.

there's been no activity since i pre-ordered in january, so fingers crossed that gets updated 🤞

Wait, so if you're like me and used a debit card (I was already pre-authorized initially and the funds took 3 or 4 days to move back into my account), you're going to get pre-authorized again and THEN pay the actual charge? I'd rather not pay $650 and have $325 pushed back onto my card a few days later.

I've never had that with an in store pickup. Once they charge, they have your money and just give you your stuff at the store. They look at the card to verify the order. But I've also never preordered a system from them, just games.

When I pick up my Switch on Friday, I can try and get confirmation and photos of all non-US/EU retail launch titles which have English options. If they state it on the box that is.

I love you.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
7YtLjwZ.png

Still sweating this from Best Buy... I've been assured it will be okay but if something fucks up I will be soooo upset. :(

lt519

Grey at midnight launch or Neon through shipping next day. What do? If I take the day off I need to swing by Best Buy for all the accessories anyway but the shipment could not be until the afternoon and I'll have wasted a day of vacation.

(I also can hook someone up with my other order for tax+shipping, but don't let that influence what you tell me to do)

No. I mean I kinda expect it to be a bit scarce. But Nintendo really has no reason to hold back any stock. If anything though production could slow down after the initial launch and a bit after. I fully expect them to have stock available around the Splatoon launch and definitely this fall.

did they have a reason to hold back nes classics though?

TZchassis

Got my 128gb micro SD & Wolf Link amiibo earlier today. BestBuy just updated my Pro controller status too. I really hope that I'll get my switch early Friday to get a chance to pick it up from the mail room and before I go to school. When I return the mail room will be closed. I really hope that I don't have to wait for the next morning 🙄

ncslamm

Everyone is so anxious about their preorder, including me. We are over-analyzing the shit out of the order confirmation screen.

I check my Best Buy orders page every hour

rhino2627

Neo Member
Grey at midnight launch or Neon through shipping next day. What do? If I take the day off I need to swing by Best Buy for all the accessories anyway but the shipment could not be until the afternoon and I'll have wasted a day of vacation.

(I also can hook someone up with my other order for tax+shipping, but don't let that influence what you tell me to do)

Call UPS (or FedEx) and change your delivery to pick up. You can also do it online. Should be ready to pick up at the local center by 9am on 3/3. I've done this for several iPhone launches to get them earlier as UPS doesn't deliver to my house until the afternoon.

FZZ

Banned
7YtLjwZ.png

Still sweating this from Best Buy... I've been assured it will be okay but if something fucks up I will be soooo upset. :(

You'll be fine I have the same thing

It means they charged it and then refunded you

Called Best Buy and my order is on track still

Only worried if it gets canceled because Chase wants it authorized, even though I already called yesterday to get a note on my account and get pre-authorization done

lt519

Call UPS (or FedEx) and change your delivery to pick up. You can also do it online. Should be ready to pick up at the local center by 9am on 3/3. I've done this for several iPhone launches to get them earlier as UPS doesn't deliver to my house until the afternoon.

Good call, I'll see if I can do that, the neon seems a lot more fun!

SifuSeafood

Neo Member
Just cancelled my pre-order ... too expensive for one game right now. In 5 or 6 months, I'll probably pick it up. I also didn't want to scalp it, that felt kinda gross -- so, releasing it seemed the right thing.

I'm a little jealous of everyone getting it, but, financially, it's the right thing for me. I may keep the pre-order for the Zelda Special Edition, though ... just for when I do get it :)

My exact thoughts. I think I'll get it in the fall... There's plenty of games to play that I haven't bought yet either. There's a good line-up for PS4 right now, imho.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
You'll be fine I have the same thing

It means they charged it and then refunded you

Called Best Buy and my order is on track still

Only worried if it gets canceled because Chase wants it authorized, even though I already called yesterday to get a note on my account and get pre-authorization done

Haha yeah I've been reassured but it's still in the back of my head that it's going to mess up.

Those taxes tho. Ouch.

No income tax though. Fuck poor people!!1111

Fuck me.

Just talked to a BB rep who said they're dealing with a "glitch in the system" (she said that several times) that's preventing some Switch pre-orders from moving past the initial processing stages. I had to do a questionnaire, got a case number, she sent it to the supervisor—the whole bit. If you've pre-ordered a Switch/Switch accessories/Switch games that are still in the In Progress status, CALL THEM NOW.

Glad I called.

Dude, stop. You're going crazy over this. In Store Pick-Ups are not being processed yet. You got told wrong information most likely too. The following are currently valid and normal statuses.

Items Being Shipped
Preparing
Pre-Ordered
In Progress if you used Visa Checkout

Items Being Picked Up
Pre-Ordered

I know you're trying to be helpful, but please stop causing a panic.

MomoQca

7YtLjwZ.png

That's exactly what I got! 😡

Just curious...did you pay with your credit card? I heard BB won't process the order until they ship it...

LogN

Mine's pre-ordered and fully paid off.

Getting the system, Zelda SE, Bomberman R, Charging Grip and Screen Protector.

Can't wait!

Soi-Fong

Hmm wondering if I should plug in the Switch to my Samsung 4K TV or just my normal 1080p one.

I'm wondering if there will be a degradation in quality if I'm hooked up to a 4K TV.

JaseMath

Dude, stop. You're going crazy over this. In Store Pick-Ups are not being processed yet. You got told wrong information most likely too. The following are currently valid and normal statuses.

Items Being Shipped
Preparing
Pre-Ordered

Items Being Picked Up
Pre-Ordered

I know you're trying to be helpful, but please stop causing a panic.
I'm honestly not trying to be alarmist, though the In Progress status is/was worrying me. I've never used the Visa Checkout service, and as per the FAQ on BB's own site, I can only go by the status to get a read on my order. I called their service line to put my mind at ease (seeing as stock is stretched pretty thin), and the rep was throwing around the word "glitch" pretty liberally. Apologies if it seems like I'm stirring the pot—I just thought people ought to know.

RootCause

Payed for the fastest shipping speed. Really hope it gets here on Friday. :(

is switching memory cards as simple as it was on the 3ds? I think I'll use my 32GB card. No need for the extra space at the moment.

kvothe232

Hmm wondering if I should plug in the Switch to my Samsung 4K TV or just my normal 1080p one.

I'm wondering if there will be a degradation in quality if I'm hooked up to a 4K TV.

I'm also wondering about the picture quality on my 4k set. I think I will be playing mostly in handheld mode but it would be great if docking it to the tv doesn't make it look like crap. I mean 900p blown up to 2160p, it seems insane.

Ghgghggh

Banned
Hey all,

Question. I preordered at a Miami Gamestop. They are doing a midnight launch. Should I get their early so I'm not stuck in a line? How does Gamestop handle their midnight launch for customers who have pre ordered.

Thanks!

linkboy

Bah!

Got a USPS text notification of an expected delivery for Mar 3rd. Got all excited thinking it was my Switch, nope, it's the Super Famicom version of Mega Man 7 that I bought.

I don't think I'm be comfortable until I have my Switch in my hands.

antonz

Hey all,

Question. I preordered at a Miami Gamestop. They are doing a midnight launch. Should I get their early so I'm not stuck in a line? How does Gamestop handle their midnight launch for customers who have pre ordered.

Thanks!

Typically an hour or two early they will let people pay off their orders etc. Still end up waiting til midnight but then at midnight they just handout the stuff to the people who its owed

javadoze

I received an email from gamestop saying my payment method was unable to process.

...I paid with trade credit and gift cards...

Gamestop plz...

Top Bottom