• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

I'm honestly not trying to be alarmist, though the In Progress status is/was worrying me. I've never used the Visa Checkout service, and as per the FAQ on BB's own site, I can only go by the status to get a read on my order. I called their service line to put my mind at ease (seeing as stock is stretched pretty thin), and the rep was throwing around the word "glitch" pretty liberally. Apologies if it seems like I'm stirring the pot—I just thought people ought to know.

Like I said, I know you are just trying to help so I know you're not trying to stir the pot, but you've posted several times with a bit of paranoia about your status. I even responded to one saying everything is normal. Relax. It's way too soon to worry about anything. Remember, status and when things get processed are going to be different depending on if it's being shipped or picked up, where you live, what region the warehouse is located, how that warehouse processes things, and how close or far that warehouse is to you. A perfect example is Horizon. Some people had theirs shipped out last week. Mine shipped out today.

If it helps you, or anyone else in this thread to take a step back and relax a bit, here's a list of all my items at Best Buy and their status. I've pretty much got every combo possible between shipped, pick up, and with or without Visa Checkout. You'll see it's more or less consistent and normal to what everyone else is experiencing. By the way, don't call Best Buy; you're likely to cause more damage than not. All it takes is a rep to even touch your order to try to "fix" it and they could screw it up and you'll lose your order.

Item: Joy-Con Charging Grip
In Store Pickup: No
Visa Checkout: Yes
Card Charged: Yes
Order Status: In Progress
Item Status: Preparing
Bar Status: Preparing

Item: Pro Controller
Visa Checkout: No
Order Status: Preparing

Item: Joy-Con Charging Grip

Item: Joy-Con Blue
Card Charged: No
Order Status: Pre-ordered
Item Status: Pre-ordered
Bar Status: Processing

Item: 1 2 Switch
In Store Pickup: Yes

Item: Bomberman R

Item: Breath of the Wild - Link Amiibo

Item: Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Special Edition

Item: Nintendo Switch System - Grey

Edit 1 - 1:00am 2/28

Blue Joycon status changed. Also note above, I do have two different charging grips on order under different circumstances so you can see how they compare and differ.

Item: Joy-Con Blue

Neoxon

All this uncertainty is exactly why I pre-ordered in-store (that & my GameStop allowed me to do a smaller down payment for the system & game and pay the rest later). Sure, I'll have to drive over to the store, but I won't have to be uncertain on if my pre-order was processed.

All this uncertainty is exactly why I pre-ordered in-store (that & my GameStop allowed me to do a smaller down payment for the system & game and pay the rest later). Sure, I'll have to drive over to the store, but I won't have to be uncertain on if my pre-order was processed.

Same reason I don't bother with online preorders.

antonz

Anyone been charged by BestBuy yet?

I'm super worried

In Store Pickup will not be charged until the store itself deals with your order. So could be as late as Thursday.

Shipping orders have been being charged over last 2 days. So those seem to be in process. Likely depending on distribution centers etc.

My bestbuy preorder of the switch says I'll "get it by March 2nd"

Anyone else sa the same? Would be awesome if i actually do get it a day early.

Shiit I haven't gotten botw preorded yet though. I wonder if I'll get the same preorder date if I do.

DMONKUMA

Only did I'd be worried about is my Blue Neon pair that's being shipped to me. My charging grip is already being prepared but not joycons yet, but I'd give until Wednesday until I'll actually start to worry.

heads up guys.. special edition of breath of the wild is now in stock at walmart. Actually its been up for 35 minutes now, and I confirmed my preorder(hopefully it stays) 5 minutes ago. I'm surprised its not closed yet.
https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/games/thelegendofzeldabreathofthewild/

Things I noticed though
1. couldn't pay with credit card. I used debit(you can use paypal or visa check out apparently)
2. says its shipping march 2nd, but it should come by march 10.

I was thinking about pickup, but then it said I'd only be able to pick up on march 7, which is tuesday. ugh.

heads up guys.. special edition of breath of the wild is now in stock at walmart. Actually its been up for 35 minutes now, and I confirmed my preorder(hopefully it stays) 5 minutes ago. I'm surprised its not closed yet.
https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/games/thelegendofzeldabreathofthewild/

Things I noticed though
1. couldn't pay with credit card. I used debit(you can use paypal or visa check out apparently)
2. says its shipping march 2nd, but it should come by march 10.

I was thinking about pickup, but then it said I'd only be able to pick up on march 7, which is tuesday. ugh.

The in store pick up would be Wal-Mart shipping it from their warehouse to a specified store location. It doesn't pull from a specific store's stock allocation. That's why it won't be available until the 7th.

NFreak

Best Buy just charged my card so I think I should be good thankfully. Was getting a bit worried there because of all the others that were getting charged.

greelay

My amazon orders have been coming in at around 5 pm lately, ever since they stopped giving UPS my deliveries, it has been way later. Hopefully friday is different.

Best Buy just charged my card so I think I should be good thankfully. Was getting a bit worried there because of all the others that were getting charged.

they charged my card too. Walmart also is charging my card for the special edition zelda(the one that got released an hour ago). We'll see if the special edition zelda one goes through though.

FZZ

Banned

Where do you live?

Also what model did you get?

edit: ORDER RECEIVED

YES, CARD HAS BEEN CHARGED

edit 2: Hasn't switched to preparing yet though :/

I can still cancel it, hope something doesn't go wrong. Card charge is pending rn, but it's showing up on my account

sadromeo

Where do you live?

YAY! My card has been charged for the switch too and it is now set to Preparing!

The only thing left is my charging grip. It is still at pre-ordered but I would rather have the Switch processed first over the grip anyway.

Hype is crazy right now.

SFenton

Where do you live?

edit 2: Hasn't switched to preparing yet though :/

I can still cancel it, hope something doesn't go wrong. Card charge is pending rn, but it's showing up on my account

SAME SO GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN

Welp, I think I am going to try and get one Thursday night.

I think my best action would be to go to Best Buy around 9pm or so. If I strike out there, I will go to my local Walmart (24/7) and if that's a no-go too, I will wake up around 4 am or so to get to a Target. Hopefully this works out.

I hate to ask but is there anywhere in the USA I can still order a switch from? Best Buy fuck up my preorder and their stupid system glitch auto canceled mine so I need a new preorder.

Is there anywhere switchs are still in stock at the market price?

I hate to ask but is there anywhere in the USA I can still order a switch from? Best Buy fuck up my preorder and their stupid system glitch auto canceled mine so I need a new preorder.

Is there anywhere switchs are still in stock at the market price?

B/S/T Community thread might be you best bet at this point. If not, camping outside of a Best Buy from Thursday afternoon/evening.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1221967&page=100000

1FujjTw.jpg

Still no change on my instore order.

nullpoynter

Welp, I think I am going to try and get one Thursday night.

I think my best action would be to go to Best Buy around 9pm or so. If I strike out there, I will go to my local Walmart (24/7) and if that's a no-go too, I will wake up around 4 am or so to get to a Target. Hopefully this works out.
9pm is way too late for a midnight launch. You'll have to be there much earlier to score one. From my past experiences the lines will start before noon for a midnight launch. For a Friday morning launch people will be in line all night long. I always got in line 12 hours early and even then I was in the middle of the line.

9pm is way too late for a midnight launch. You'll have to be there much earlier to score one. From my past experiences the lines will start before noon for a midnight launch. For a Friday morning launch people will be in line all night long. I always got in line 12 hours early and even then I was in the middle of the line.

Really? I work Thursday and won't get home until about 5:30. Is getting there around 6:30 going to be too late, you think?

gappvembe

Well fuck. I just realized my Zelda Collectors edition is getting shipped from Best Buy, not store pick up. I don't recall if I could only ship it when I ordered it, or I didn't choose it.

Oh well.
So it will be the Pro Controller, Neon Switch, Bomberman R, 1-2 Switch, and 5 Amiibos at midnight then. I'll be stalking the mailbox/driveway all day Friday then.

B/S/T Community thread might be you best bet at this point. If not, camping outside of a Best Buy from Thursday afternoon/evening.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1221967&page=100000
I guess I'll try camping out at Best Buy, sucks because I don't really want to give them business after how bad they are handling the situation and the fact that it's still fairly chilly outside in Minnesota, but if I want to play Zelda at launch this is my chance.

hoserx

Usually if something releases on a friday, the order ships on a Tuesday in my experience. We should hopefully see something today.

Far out. Thanks! I've never preordered a system before. I've always just done the launch day line-up.

nullpoynter

Really? I work Thursday and won't get home until about 5:30. Is getting there around 6:30 going to be too late, you think?
The last time I waited in line was during the PS2 and Wii launches. I guess it just depends on your location really. 6:30 might be too late for a midnight launch, but if so, head over to a store doing a Friday morning launch and see if the line has started. Also call ahead and see if the store will tell you how many units they have for walk-ins. Good luck!

The last time I waited in line was during the PS2 and Wii launches. I guess it just depends on your location really. 6:30 might be too late for a midnight launch, but if so, head over to a store doing a Friday morning launch and see if the line has started. Also call ahead and see if the store will tell you how many units they have for walk-ins. Good luck!

That's fair. I did the Midnight launch for the Xbox One. I got there around 5? But there were about 5 people in line. About 12 ended up coming but they only had about 10. Really tough to determine.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Same thing happend to me but when i tried to update my payment, the guy gave me a $50 gift card.

The advice they gave me a while ago when it comes to these gift cards is to wait until you receive the item, return it in store and have them re-ring it with the $50 gift card.

This only works out if 1) You have the credit available to do this since it takes a few business days to get your original credit back on your CC 2) You didn't pay with rewards points since it takes several days to get that back before you can use them again.

Sometimes, the system just seems to work against you, and other times, it's perfect.

I don't know if this is the right place but my BotW Master Edition from Amazon has changed to "Preparing for Shipment"!!! Is it finally over? Can I relax now?

gnexus

I don't know if this is the right place but my BotW Master Edition from Amazon has changed to "Preparing for Shipment"!!! Is it finally over? Can I relax now?

Mine still says "Not yet shipped", same with my Neon Switch. Oh well, I'll keep waiting until the end of the day

giphy.gif

PMS341

Why did my doctor have to schedule my first appointment for noon this Friday -_- Possibly the worst time imaginable ughhhhh.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Interesting, my actual status is "processing" which is before preparing. #_# Hard to keep this all straight. But, are you doing in-store pickup? For some reason I thought you were doing ship to home.

Yeah.. sorry for any confusion.. ship to home. I fell asleep and didn't get to reply.

Top Bottom