• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Looks like I'm not getting a Switch. Finally got a hold of Gamestop and the customer service tech who said he was recreating my order never did anything. Not sure what he plans to do with my credit card info I gave him. They lady I just talked to said there was nothing in the notes saying he was going to create a new order and when I told her what the guy told me she just hung up on me. I knew I should have preorded through Best Buy. What a bummer.

I've experienced similar things from Amazon.com CS when they cannot or will not assist me, even as a (now former) Prime Member. That's the new Customer Service for large companies. If they cannot or will not assist you, they just end the conversation regardless of your customer level/service level and regardless of how much business you do with them now or have done with them over the years.

I'm sorry to hear you've gone through this. Perhaps someone in the BST thread has one you can buy off of them. I sold one there to another member at cost/shipping/tax.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I was finally able to order a pair of red/blue joy-cons from Walmart. Says they'll arrive Friday.

My amazon orders have been coming in at around 5 pm lately, ever since they stopped giving UPS my deliveries, it has been way later. Hopefully friday is different.

Mine have been showing up around 6~8 PM. Not expecting anything different here. My pro controller is actually at a local Gamestop, so I'll have to make the time for that somehow too.

shanafan

My Switch, Pro controller and Link archer amiibo are all in preparing status from Best Buy. I imagine all 3 will be shipped in the same box.

I tried to change my Zelda collector's edition to shipping from store pickup, but the site gave me an error and told me to call CS. Oh well, I'll keep that as store pickup then.

The advice they gave me a while ago when it comes to these gift cards is to wait until you receive the item, return it in store and have them re-ring it with the $50 gift card.

This only works out if 1) You have the credit available to do this since it takes a few business days to get your original credit back on your CC 2) You didn't pay with rewards points since it takes several days to get that back before you can use them again.

Sometimes, the system just seems to work against you, and other times, it's perfect.
Thanks for the look out man

Best Buy fuck up my order too, so maybe I'll give them a call and try to squeeze a gift card out of them if they can't restore my preorder.

Yea, i didnt call my store that i was going to pick it up in, i called best buy customer service, if that helps you any.

My Switch, Pro controller and Link archer amiibo are all in preparing status from Best Buy. I imagine all 3 will be shipped in the same box.
My pro controller is on preparing, Switch and Zelda are still sitting on pre-order status for me. Though I suspect the warehouses we are getting our stuff from are different. Good to know either way!

A set of Neon JoyCon run $80, right?

I wonder if I should just skip 1-2-Switch for now and pick up a pair. The grey looks fittingly inconspicuous for travel purposes but I am have a weakness for bright, neon colors and I would love to have a set or home.

Thoughts?

tommyguns

A set of Neon JoyCon run $80, right?

I wonder if I should just skip 1-2-Switch for now and pick up a pair. The grey looks fittingly inconspicuous for travel purposes but I am have a weakness for bright, neon colors and I would love to have a set or home.

Thoughts?

Yes, $80. I'm in a similar situation. I will be buying a grey console, but I really do want a pair of neon Joy Cons for when I'm at home and such. However, for the time being, I might buy a pro controller with that money instead of another set of Joy Cons.

Xdrive05

My Best Buy pro controller (to be shipped) is finally in preparing, but my Switch in-store pickup is still in pre-ordered. Is that normal? Do in-store pickups never go to "preparing" with Best Buy?

Garryk

My Best Buy pro controller (to be shipped) is finally in preparing, but my Switch in-store pickup is still in pre-ordered. Is that normal? Do in-store pickups never go to "preparing" with Best Buy?
I have a pre-ordered status Switch for in-store pick up as well. I ordered it on Jan. 13th and paid with PayPal. Hoping that I'm good.

Cornbread78

Can I just comment on how much bigger the Zelda SE boxes are than the actual Switch boxes? These system boxes are tiny....

qdnrP0h.jpg

EDIT: I should have placed them side by side, but my bad.

Thanks for the look out man

Yea, i didnt call my store that i was going to pick it up in, i called best buy customer service, if that helps you any.
Thanks will do, I called customer service Sunday and got the whole we'll handle it talk but I haven't heard anything since that gives me confidence I'll get my order uncanceled. So I'll give them another call this afternoon.

My pro controller is on preparing, Switch and Zelda are still sitting on pre-order status for me. Though I suspect the warehouses we are getting our stuff from are different. Good to know either way!

Yeah, that is my guess, too. I live about 4 hours away from the main Midwest distribution center, so I'm guessing my stuff won't switch from Pre-ordered until tomorrow. At least this is what I'm telling myself.

UCBooties

Ugh, GameStop scared the heck out of me this morning. They put a hold on my Switch and Zelda pre-order last week so I figured everything was ready to go.

This morning I saw that the holds were gone and all the money was back in my account. I panicked but my orders still show as "open" on the order history page. Why would you put a hold on and then drop it before you're ready to charge? Fingers crossed everything goes through ok.

eXMomoj

Neon Switch, Gray Switch, 2 Pro Controllers, and Zelda BOTW Special Edition have all been charged and in the "preparing" stage at Best Buy for me since yesterday.

itshappening.gif

silentbum

Neo Member
Paranoia is starting to set in since my Best Buy order still has the system and the game processing. The date still says March 3rd though, so I'm trying not to go too crazy.

Hmm...I can't afford to keep my BotW collection amiibos from Amazon anymore. I just wouldn't have the money by the time they tried charging me. But I don't want to cancel it...

If I do decide to cancel them I'll probably keep the Guardian and Zelda amiibo. The rest I'll just have to hopefully buy in the future.

Lexxon

My orders are Walmart and Target worry me. Target is estimating delivery Tue, Mar 7 - Fri, Mar 10, and I leave for PAX East on the 9th, although I guess my parents can come by and put the box in the house...Walmart is estimating the 9th for both the shipped and in-store pickup systems I have.

I ordered an obnoxious amount of systems when they went up though, although I have people counting on me for the others from Amazon, Best Buy, and Target.

I've ordered thousands of $ of items over the years from best buy, they generally don't ship stuff to me until the day before its due and sometimes the web site lags the actual shipment. Just check your order status page every 8-12 hours to make sure there is no issue with the CC being charged and denied - even if that happens, you get 24 hours to enter in a new credit card (or just re use the same one, just call your CC company to let them know of the charge before hand so they don't deny it again) and of course you should be shipping to the address that is the same as your billing address on your credit card, using the same phone number, etc.

If its for store pickup (best imo for hardware like this) you won't really see any change in the order until the day of release. There is no "moved from warehouse to pickup area" kind of status change, it just sorta happens an hour or two before the store opens usually (sometimes the night before) and it may or may not update the order status page. They are pretty good about sending a "your order is ready for pickup on this date" email 24 hours before the release window, it'll probably say 3/2 for pickup date but what that really means is 11:59pm on 3/2, not anytime during the day.

if you do store pickup, CAREFULLY LOOK OVER WHAT YOU GET. The serial # on the receipt should match the serial number visible on the box, make sure you get the switch version of zelda not the wii u version, etc, etc. The people moving stuff from the warehouse to pickup are human and mistakes can be made. Open the stuff in your car to make sure everything is included and fine, a lot easier to swap for a replacement right there than wait 24 hours and suddenly all switches are sold out.

The fuck is Amazon doing with my regular copy of Zelda

Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Everything is else is set. I guess if it doesn't ship, I'll go digital. Need to play this on Friday......

My orders are Walmart and Target worry me. Target is estimating delivery Tue, Mar 7 - Fri, Mar 10, and I leave for PAX East on the 9th, although I guess my parents can come by and put the box in the house...Walmart is estimating the 9th for both the shipped and in-store pickup systems I have.

I ordered an obnoxious amount of systems when they went up though, although I have people counting on me for the others from Amazon, Best Buy, and Target.

I thought about bringing mine to east. Not 100% sure I want to be lugging this around. Also its a hot new item, I'm sure thieves will be keeping an eye out.

For anyone that ordered through GameStop for delivery, is your status still Open?

I paid via Gift card and PuR Trade credit and all of that seems to have been deducted on Saturday as expected, but my order status online has not changed at all.

Kyzer

Banned
For anyone that ordered through GameStop for delivery, is your status still Open?

I paid via Gift card and PuR Trade credit and all of that seems to have been deducted on Saturday as expected, but my order status online has not changed at all.

yep still says open, not worried

Weird - my Amazon order of Bomberman just changed to the 7th.

All my BB stuff (Switch, amiibos, Pro Controller/Charge Grip) was charged a couple days ago and have been in preparing since then. GameSpot order (Zelda Master Edition) was charged Saturday and is still open.

Morts

Best Buy Switch is still 'Preparing'.

I wonder if I should bother pre-ordering Zelda at this point or just try to find it in store Friday.

Lexxon

I thought about bringing mine to east. Not 100% sure I want to be lugging this around. Also its a hot new item, I'm sure thieves will be keeping an eye out.

If Binding of Issac was out in time for PAX, I'd be more tempted to bring it to panel lines and such, but I don't think I want to be playing a game like Zelda in line, I'd rather do that in a quieter environment, and preferably on my TV.

I'm a little worried about bringing it too. Maybe to my hotel room, but I'm not so sure about on the show floor. I can always just use the 3DS in line and such.

I got all excited when my Pro controller went from processing to preparing on Monday, now it is still just sitting in Preparing, was hoping to eat it shipped to me on Thursday so I could play Zelda that night with it, may be later Friday evening knowing when the mail gets to the house.

Oh well at least it is arriving haha.

I got all excited when my Pro controller went from processing to preparing on Monday, now it is still just sitting in Preparing, was hoping to eat it shipped to me on Thursday so I could play Zelda that night with it, may be later Friday evening knowing when the mail gets to the house.

Oh well at least it is arriving haha.

My BB orders have been 'preparing' since the weekend. I would assume they would have to ship fairly soon, but we'll see.

DonShula

Daily reminder: 99% of you will get your stuff with no problem, regardless of what the order tracking states right now.

If you find your blood pressure rising, pretend you ordered a pair of shoes instead. Why wouldn't your shoes arrive on time? Your retailer of choice ships thousands of items each day. Your order is one of many. :)

Your UPS driver is going to have a heart attack while driving over a bridge and your Switch will literally swim with the fishes and you'll spend six weeks waiting for a replacement.

I'm less nervous about the shipping being on time from Best Buy and more nervous about why it still says Awaiting Authorization. Anyone else still in this spot?

phanphare

Banned
my pro controller order from best buy has moved from processing to preparing

hype

my in store pick up items are still just pre ordered but I think that won't change until thursday

Yeah, that is my guess, too. I live about 4 hours away from the main Midwest distribution center, so I'm guessing my stuff won't switch from Pre-ordered until tomorrow. At least this is what I'm telling myself.

Same. I'll try to find time to put in a post when my order status changes.

Though my pro controller getting prepped for shipping earlier then the other products seems a little odd. It was pre-ordered 9 days later then the Switch/Zelda, and is getting processed faster then those items. Maybe my distribution center got the controller sooner after Nintendo got its approval for sale in the US? Could also mean there is more of the controller, but that is some wishful thinking since this is Nintendo.

nikos

There have been conflicting reports of when Best Buy in-store pickup orders are charged. Is it at the time of processing, or when they're picked up?

Ideally, I'd like to be present when my card is charged in case anything goes wrong.

Ephemeris

There have been conflicting reports of when Best Buy in-store pickup orders are charged. Is it at the time of processing, or when they're picked up?

Ideally, I'd like to be present when my card is charged in case anything goes wrong.

I got an alert yesterday at 3:08am EST from my CC that informed me that Best Buy charged me for my [Tuesday, in-store] Horizon pickup.

Current Status'. All ordered from and shipping to NY.

Not planning on keeping all of this (ie: multiple cases/protectors/docks), but wasn't sure how shipping would shake out so I put in a bunch of orders. The consoles are all accounted for, though.

todd360

I woke up to a credit card alert saying that there was suspicious activity and sure enough my preorder from bestbuy was somehow marked as suspicious. So I called the automated line and told them I made the purchase. Order still says preparing.

I hope this doesn't screw me over.

they are charged on the day before or same day of the pick up.

Top Bottom