• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

akileese

There have been conflicting reports of when Best Buy in-store pickup orders are charged. Is it at the time of processing, or when they're picked up?

Ideally, I'd like to be present when my card is charged in case anything goes wrong.

At time of processing they put a hold on your card for the purchase amount. Now where this gets confusing is length of hold. I've never had a hold stick for more than 3 or 4 days. This one held for two weeks. It requires you to be a bit astute with your finances if you're short on cash and picking one up and it's kind of annoying. I wish they'd pick an either or as far as charging when you order or charging at shipping/pick up but whatever. Playing the hold game with them is a pain in the ass.

Unless they charged me late last night, I've yet to be charged for my Master Edition or my amiibo. The hold on my card just cleared on Saturday too. I had to switch the card since my old one was cancelled by the bank. Actually now that I think about it, the hold was closer to three weeks than two.

I woke up to a credit card alert saying that there was suspicious activity and sure enough my preorder from bestbuy was somehow marked as suspicious. So I called the automated line and told them I made the purchase. Order still says preparing.

I hope this doesn't screw me over.

It shouldn't. I paid down a large payment for a phone and also got an alert. Since I was physically in the store with a phone rep the payment came through on his end. While that went on I made a call just like you did and had the flag removed. I seriously doubt this will cause problems.

SeanR1221

Yessss! My neighbor is going to sell me his extra at cost

Only thing that sucks is he ordered them from target and he says they won't be here until Tuesday. He said he didn't see different shipping options when he pre ordered.

Oh well. I can wait. Just glad to secure one!

unbiasedgamer

Neo Member
So it happened. My Walmart pre-order that I placed as soon as it became available got delayed. I called and complained and they all they could do for me is take 10% off the price. I guess thats better than nothing. $269.99 for a delayed switch. If this happens to anyone else call them up so you can get the discount.

hgJDoEQ.png

Smidget

So it happened. My Walmart pre-order that I placed as soon as it became available got delayed. I called and complained and they all they could do for me is take 10% off the price. I guess thats better than nothing. $269.99 for a delayed switch. If this happens to anyone else call them up so you can get the discount.

hgJDoEQ.png

Hmmm mine says undefined too. Does that mean for sure it's delayed? :/

Letep

Weird - my Amazon order of Bomberman just changed to the 7th.

All my BB stuff (Switch, amiibos, Pro Controller/Charge Grip) was charged a couple days ago and have been in preparing since then. GameSpot order (Zelda Master Edition) was charged Saturday and is still open.

My Amazon order of Bomberman changed from the 3rd to the 7th.

todd360

It shouldn't. I paid down a large payment for a phone and also got an alert. Since I was physically in the store with a phone rep the payment came through on his end. While that went on I made a call just like you did and had the flag removed. I seriously doubt this will cause problems.

Ok sounds good. I'm less worried now. Thanks.

maxcriden

Yeah.. sorry for any confusion.. ship to home. I fell asleep and didn't get to reply.

NP! Thanks for the clarification. I'm hoping yours will arrive speedily.

Still showing "Preparing" on both my Switch and Pro Controller, but says they will deliver by Thursday 3/2. We'll see...

If it's any consolation, with BB I've at times had games ship the day before (or maybe even early on the day of release, I don't remember if so though), and still arrive on release day.

Jafku

There have been conflicting reports of when Best Buy in-store pickup orders are charged. Is it at the time of processing, or when they're picked up?

Ideally, I'd like to be present when my card is charged in case anything goes wrong.

Usually when they are picked up

For anyone that ordered through GameStop for delivery, is your status still Open?

I paid via Gift card and PuR Trade credit and all of that seems to have been deducted on Saturday as expected, but my order status online has not changed at all.

In the same boat for my SE of BotW. What shipping fonyou have? I've Day One delivery so I'm expecting (re: hoping) that it will ship between today or tomorrow with Thursday being the latest

Amazon hasn't started prepping my Zelda (standard), Bomberman, Switch or screen protectors yet... this is the first and last time I go with them for a console launch :/

KevinG

Amazon hasn't started prepping my Zelda (standard), Bomberman, Switch or screen protectors yet... this is the first and last time I go with them for a console launch :/

It's pretty normal for them to ship at the last second and everything still arrives on time.

If you have prime you will still get them on the 3rd unless you live in Antartica... actually you would still get them on the 3rd but at 8pm thats a long trip.

vgamer1

Best buy shipping order (Switch, Gray) moved to preparing!

My in store pick up order (Switch, Gray) is still "Pre-Ordered/Processing".

We're so close!!!

While not a comsole, my preorder for Story of Seasons didn't ship until after 9pm EST last night from Amazon. As a former warehouse employee for them, it really all depends on where the system delegates your order to. My order last night is coming from NJ (out for delivery now) despite there being 5-6 warehouses all within a stone's throw of DC. Many factors such as time of processing affect shipping. If your order was processed around...say 5:30pm, and your nearest dustribution center closes at 6, then of course your order will be re-routed to another center granted said order was not already accepted by a warehouse associate for their qeue of items to pick from the shelves. Once picked, the cart is taken to sit with others at the packing station and wait to be chosen by a packer. A small cart alone can contain well over 150-200 items for a single packer while a large cart can have nearly 125-150 (variying sizes of items go on large carts while small carts usually have small single items like dvds, books, games but small items also end up on large carts, especially if they are a multi-item order shipping from the same place)

It's pretty normal for them to ship at the last second and everything still arrives on time.

I've ordered stuff where they ended up shipping it the day before and it still arriving sometime late morning/early afternoon.

My order status is all prepared just waiting to ship tomorrow. I pre-ordered and paid off my copy of Zelda at my closest GS so I just need to make a quick swing by to pick it up. I'll check out cases then too before making my mind up on which one I want.

After that, I might go around to a few stores and see if anyone has any Pro controllers available.

Persona7

Banned

Yeah, Amazon runs release day delivery around overnight deliveries. Same experience with best buy on a few cases but they also ship a few days before.

Do we know what gamestops are doing midnight launches for walk-in customers?

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/NintendoSwitch-Zelda/

Make sure to call and figure out the exact situation.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Amazon does a good job getting stuff out on time. My order for Horizon didn't start prepping until just before midnight last night and it is arriving today. I have never had them miss release day on anything.

wonderpug

Neo Member
FWIW, I almost always use Amazon to preorder video games for that lovely 20% discount, and they have never missed a launch date delivery for me.

My Pro Controller from Best Buy "shipped" but UPS hasn't picked it up yet, I am confident I'll have it Friday though.
Same with my Charge Grip. What's interesting is I got two orders for shipping from BestBuy - one made a month ago including two JoyCons and an AC Adapter, and the Charge Grip I ordered a week ago. And the week-old order shipped first (for some reason the order from a month ago has been "In Progress" for the entire month, though...)

The neon joy-con was the last thing to switch to Preparing on my listing of Best Buy orders. But somehow is the first and only thing shipping. Your turn Amazon.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Talked to my local Wal-Mart and they seem to be supplied on botb colors for non-preorders. And they have pro controllers up for grabs on release.

ESBL

So I opened up my Amazon Prime Now app to order some stuff and on the front page it says get the Nintendo Switch release day 3/3, YMMV since Prime Now works depending on your location.

shanafan

For any of those worried about Best Buy..

My Horizon Zero Dawn went out UPS late last night, and I already have it in hand now. My distribution center is a state over, so it's very close.

Did anyone else preorde the Switch LAN adapter? Preordered on Amazon and the product page says release on 3/3 but it still reads as preordered with no estimation of delivery

Best Buy just switched over to preparing. Yay!
Too bad that's the preorder I placed for my Brother-In-Law that's shipping direct to him.
He lives down in Texas, so I can't intercept it if MY preorder goes FUBAR...
Edit: And he just asked me what Wii U games will work on it....

Also: Zelda BOTW Switch preorder on Amazon now says it's shipping TODAY! Yes!

Just waiting on Amazon to ship... Should be shipping on 3/1...

I am jealous of those who have midnight release preorders, but I will just have to wait a few more hours.

For any of those worried about Best Buy..

My Horizon Zero Dawn went out UPS late last night, and I already have it in hand now. My distribution center is a state over, so it's very close.

My Horizon Zero Dawn was just delivered from Amazon's delivery services about 20 minutes ago. My order page expected it to be delivered before 8pm.

Jeff-DSA

Seeing some movement on my Best Buy stuff. In one order I had some stuff for pickup (console, games) and some stuff to be shipped because they weren't available for pickup (Neon Joy-Con, charging grip). The shipped items have now shipped, while the rest is still set to "preordered." For the shipped stuff, FedEx is saying Friday for delivery.

Seeing the status change, even a little, is always fun.

I pre-ordered the neon joy-cons on Saturday and it's now listed as shipped, awaiting pickup by the carrier to be delivered by Friday, so I imagine a lot of y'all's BB orderes will ship today, hopefully.

R0ckman

Weird - my Amazon order of Bomberman just changed to the 7th.

All my BB stuff (Switch, amiibos, Pro Controller/Charge Grip) was charged a couple days ago and have been in preparing since then. GameSpot order (Zelda Master Edition) was charged Saturday and is still open.

It sold out? Looks like thats whats causing the weird stuff.

Edit: Yeah, its sold out.

ViciousDS

Banned
If you have prime you will still get them on the 3rd unless you live in Antartica... actually you would still get them on the 3rd but at 8pm thats a long trip.

if its like it has been in the last year......depends. I have had Prime extended 6 months in the last 9 due to games being delayed in shipping. Amazon doesn't have exactly the greatest track record atm/

Top Bottom