• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

My Amazon Switch preorder still shows that it will begin shipping on the first while my Amazon Bomberman order shows it'll be delivered on the 7th. Best Buy shows my Zelda is preparing though. So worst case scenario is I can only play Zelda on Friday.

Although, the USB-C cable I ordered on Thursday and was supposed to be here on Saturday has been delayed twice.

So it happened. My Walmart pre-order that I placed as soon as it became available got delayed. I called and complained and they all they could do for me is take 10% off the price. I guess thats better than nothing. $269.99 for a delayed switch. If this happens to anyone else call them up so you can get the discount.

hgJDoEQ.png

I complained...and didn't get a discount. ffs lol

They said some bs about a problem with a bank hold. I used a walmart credit card (available funds has not been an issue). Ugh

Jeff-DSA

Does anybody have a Walmart.com preorder for store pickup that was dated for release day? I've only ever seen them for a few days after release.

Fireblend

Banned
Not sure if I want to keep the PDP or Hori case. Help!

The PDP looks way prettier but the Hori looks like it actually does its job and it's more of a snug fit.

When does Best Buy typically charge cards for pre-orders? I won't be satisfied til I see the money removed from my account (and also when I'm holding the console)

It's a new day and more paranoia going on I see. I'm going to post this again for anyone worried about their Best Buy pre-orders.

First, do not contact Best Buy unless you're absolutely sure there is something wrong. Calling them and having them muck with your order risks something getting screwed up and you losing your pre-order all together. Just leave it alone at this point.

Second, the status of your order highly depends on several factors which includes is it being shipped, is it being picked up locally, where you live, where the distribution center is, how close or far you are from the distribution center, and the normal procedure of that distribution center. Different distribution centers behave differently. Where you live can greatly affect how quick or soon the status changes so just because someone else has an item shipped but you're stuck in pre-ordered doesn't mean anything.

Third, in store pick up won't change state until much closer to release and your card likely won't be charged until the day before or the day of. So if you don't see any movement for your in store pick up, it is normal at this point.

The following are currently valid possible states:

Items Being Shipped
Shipped
Preparing
Pre-Ordered
In Progress if you used Visa Checkout

Items Being Picked Up
Pre-Ordered
In Progress if you used Visa Checkout

Here's an example of the current state of my orders and you'll see depending on if it's picked up, shipped, and Visa Checkout can change the status compared to other items. Also, yes, I do have two Charging Grips on order and even there you can see how they differ.

Item: Joy-Con Charging Grip
In Store Pickup: No
Visa Checkout: Yes
Card Charged: Yes
Order Status: In Progress
Item Status: Preparing
Bar Status: Preparing

Item: Pro Controller
Visa Checkout: No
Order Status: Preparing

Item: Joy-Con Charging Grip

Item: Joy-Con Blue

Item: 1 2 Switch
In Store Pickup: Yes
Card Charged: No
Item Status: Pre-ordered
Bar Status: Processing

Item: Bomberman R

Item: Breath of the Wild - Link Amiibo

Item: Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Special Edition
Order Status: Pre-ordered

Item: Nintendo Switch System - Grey
Order Status: Pre-ordered

Relax everyone. Everything is normal right now.

I'm curious to see if the Amazon-ordered Pro controllers actually don't arrive until the 7th. I think it's possible that they will just ship with the console.

JMY86

Nope nothing yet still says "Not yet shipped." Depends on where you live too, you might see movement the day before.

I would expect Amazon to start billing overnight and begin shipping in the morning/afternoon. That is what happened with my Xbox One S & PS4 Pro preorders.

Persona7

Banned
I'm curious to see if the Amazon-ordered Pro controllers actually don't arrive until the 7th. I think it's possible that they will just ship with the console.

I believe some later orders of certain accessories were delayed for a second shipment. If it doesn't charge/ship by thursday night you might be able to get one at a retail store like Wal-Mart of Target on Friday.

spookyfish

Does anybody have a Walmart.com preorder for store pickup that was dated for release day? I've only ever seen them for a few days after release.

Yes. Not the Switch itself, but the Red and Blue joycons, with red and blue straps are (at the moment) dated for pick up on March 3.

EDIT: I'm in the metro-Atlanta area.

I believe some later orders were delayed for a second shipment. If it doesn't charge/ship by thursday night you might be able to get one at a retail store like Wal-Mart of Target on Friday.

I ordered mine the first minute they went up on Amazon. A second shipment wouldn't be arriving 4 days later, more like weeks later. I think it's just a matter of them not designating the Pro controllers as "release date delivery" like the Switch itself.

We'll see though, I won't be too worried about having to wait a few days for it.

Smellycat

I am getting the Zelda SE on Friday along with the Pro Controller

The Switch console will arrive between March 7-10. :(

I have to stare at the game box for 4-6 days. Meanwhile, I am off Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Jake2by4

I would expect Amazon to start billing overnight and begin shipping in the morning/afternoon. That is what happened with my Xbox One S & PS4 Pro preorders.

Yep and if you live near a fulfillment center they can ship it at midnight and have to you that day. Hope they us UPS though. Been having big releases shipping using the PO ugh..

I've been seeing more shipments in my area via Amazon themselves.
Mine usually gets transferred to my local PO.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I would like to add this, if there is a decent way to keep it updated for those who keep wondering where have items been shipped from, and from what store Website.

Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia - Reports of Items shipped: Walmart
Hawaii - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Idaho
Illinois Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon - Reports of Items shipped: Amazon
Pennsylvania Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Lgndryhr

I wish people would read posts like yours in here. So much unneeded paranoia and laziness really. The information is in this thread, on the websites you purchased from, etc. I will reply once in awhile in this thread, but seems no one reads any posts with the proper info. Instead they read the paranoia posts. I feel bad for customer service reps this week.

Setre

I never got a pre-order in so I'm currently bidding on two Switches on ebay. Price hasn't gone up to bad but I doubt I'll end up winning either one of them. If I do win both of them I'll have to cancel one and take the negative feedback.

Persona7

Banned
I ordered mine the first minute they went up on Amazon. A second shipment wouldn't be arriving 4 days later, more like weeks later. I think it's just a matter of them not designating the Pro controllers as "release date delivery" like the Switch itself.

We'll see though, I won't be too worried about having to wait a few days for it.

I don't know exactly how Nintendo ships product but the Target near me is getting a second shipment of consoles and accessories next week. There was a reddit post that said something about accessories/games being pushed to next week. The release date delivery thing is plausible too.

I don't know exactly how Nintendo ships product but the Target near me is getting a second shipment of consoles and accessories next week. The release date delivery thing is plausible too.

Ah, ok that could be. They might be expecting like a Monday shipment or something. I'm in a Prime Now city, so I may be able to snag one with that and be able to cancel my regular Amazon order.

How do 24-hour walmarts typically handle midnight releases? I can't imagine they let a huge line of people just mill around in the electronics section

Jeff-DSA

How do 24-hour walmarts typically handle midnight releases? I can't imagine they let a huge line of people just mill around in the electronics section

They often create a spot for the line to form and either hand out tickets or make the line wait in that designated area until midnight when they let them come forward. It can vary by store and by how many people start showing up.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
List updated... I'll try to keep it posted per page and update that one-per page. Also, I copy pasted the list of states form a Website, ... no clue why it's not alphabetical. LOL.

Edit: If I'm gone for a while, and miss a page, someone can take over ;)

Redd

Well went to Gamestop today and paid off what I owed on the Switch. Had to spend 10 minutes having this sales employee try to sell me stuff for the system. Zoned out for the first few minutes then cut him off amd asked for a Pro Controller. Found out they don't sell pre-orders for Pro Controllers. They might have them in stock Friday. -_-

Oh well now I gotta decide if I want to wait Thursday night for the midnight launch but leaning towards getting it Friday Morning.

JMY86

Yep and if you live near a fulfillment center they can ship it at midnight and have to you that day. Hope they us UPS though. Been having big releases shipping using the PO ugh..

Mine usually gets transferred to my local PO.

My Xbox One S and PS4 Pro preorders both shipped via UPS for release day delivery.

They often create a spot for the line to form and either hand out tickets or make the line wait in that designated area until midnight when they let them come forward. It can vary by store and by how many people start showing up.

So basically a nerd corral haha. Thanks

Top Bottom