• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Persona7

Banned
I advise everyone to call their stores. GameStop's supply for extras will be slim while Best Buy's might be plentiful.

Yeah, I always try to mention that gamestop usually gets very little supply. Big releases will have extras but for the most part they only receive pre-ordered amount and 1-3 extras at best. Apparently the extra hardware they mentioned is about 1-4 units per store outside of pre-orders.

I should probably order one of these too if my premium protector is pushed back.

unbiasedgamer

Neo Member
I complained...and didn't get a discount. ffs lol

They said some bs about a problem with a bank hold. I used a walmart credit card (available funds has not been an issue). Ugh

Thats messed up, if they offered me a discount they should offer it to everybody they screwing over. Call back and ask to speak to a supervisor. Tell them that you received an email saying you had 2 days to fix the issue for the product to be shipped on time.

Third, in store pick up won't change state until much closer to release and your card likely won't be charged until the day before or the day of. So if you don't see any movement for your in store pick up, it is normal at this point.

I was under the assumption the card wouldn't even be charged until I physically picked up the item. So e.g. if I waited until Sunday to go pick it up, that's when I would get the real charge. You're saying that isn't the case?

Wait, calling them now for a Switch? Or waiting until release day?

Call now. If you're polite, they might give you an idea as to how many they received. They probably won't tell you a hard number but my Best Buy said they received a good amount, Target hinted at the fact as well.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
California - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Colorado - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia - Reports of Items shipped: Walmart
Hawaii - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Idaho
Illinois Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia - Reports of Items shipped: Walmart
Hawaii - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Idaho
Illinois Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
North Carolina - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon - Reports of Items shipped: Amazon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Utah - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Vermont
Virginia - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

I was under the assumption the card wouldn't even be charged until I physically picked up the item. So e.g. if I waited until Sunday to go pick it up, that's when I would get the real charge. You're saying that isn't the case?

I don't believe that's the case because Best Buy will send an e-mail like this out when the window to pick up is about to expire:

Marty, you still have time to pick up your order.

This will be your final reminder. We'll only hold your order until end of day, Saturday, January 25, 2016. If it's not picked up by then, we'll cancel the order and issue a refund.

I'm pretty sure if you do an order for a product that is in stock right now for in store pick up, you'll be charged immediately and not at the time of the pick up as well.

Dineren

Banned

Looking at past emails where I picked up my order it looks like they charge it as soon as your order is ready for pickup.

sadromeo

Although my Amiibos and Neon Switch are now in Preparing status at Best Buy, my charging grip from Best Buy went from Pre-Ordered to shipped. This is in So Cal.

So close....

Erekiddo

Oh, I didn't mean to bait people on with a potential good deal.

I had $30 in Amazon credit due to flowers being delivered in an exceptionally shitty state. Grabbed the card available at $71 and it came to $45 after tax.

I swear if Best Buy pre-authorizes another $325 hold and then I have to pay $325 the very next day I'll never pre order from them again. That's some messed up policy.

My Neon Nintendo Switch Pre Order from Jan 12th has FINALLY gone to PREPARING about freakin time!!! And I live in SoCal

My Power A - Hybrid Cover for Nintendo Switch - Charcoal shipped from best buy..hope Im making the right choice ordering that

Darklor01

My Neon Nintendo Switch Pre Order from Jan 12th has FINALLY gone to PREPARING about freakin time!!! And I live in SoCal

My Power A - Hybrid Cover for Nintendo Switch - Charcoal shipped from best buy..hope Im making the right choice ordering that

Thanks for including where you're from for the list. It's really so those living in that state might see others in that state are getting stuff shipped. :D

I don't believe that's the case because Best Buy will send an e-mail like this out when the window to pick up is about to expire:

I'm pretty sure if you do an order for a product that is in stock right now for in store pick up, you'll be charged immediately and not at the time of the pick up as well.

Looking at past emails where I picked up my order it looks like they charge it as soon as your order is ready for pickup.

Good to know, thanks for the info.

Darklor01

So I guess is it normal for there to be no updates to my in-store pickup Best Buy preorder at this point?

Yes. Usually get a notice E-Mail the day before pick-up. In fact, they usually tell you it's ready for pick-up, even if it isn't. In the fine print, it says the item will be able to be picked up on release date.

Memles

Just at "Awaiting UPS Pickup," but my Neon Joy-Con and Charging Grip are in "Shipped" status from Best Buy, to Virginia.

I'll echo a couple others..where?!

I mean.. you can go to places like Best Buy to price match items.

128GB SAMSUNG EVO PLUS
89.99 REG PRICE(from a brick-n-motar Best Buy)
41.04 PRICE MATCH AMAZON.COM
2.94 SALES TAX
---------------------------------
51.89 TOTAL

Some copy/pasta from my digital receipt. The lady who was price matching made an error and I got away with a close to 50% discount on my Evo Plus. Try to price match your item see if it gets you somewhere.

ViciousDS

Banned
northern illinois here

gamestop order says open atm for my grays

I ordered neons in store and those will be ready friday.

GAMESTOP IS ONLY HOLDING PRE-ORDERS TILL SATURDAY.

So If I were you I would sure as hell pick them up Friday

Darklor01

Anybody do in store pickup at best buy? Does anyone know how soon before the release they charge for in store pickup? I've only ever bought in stock products for pickup so I'm a little curious how preorders work.

ViciousDS

Banned
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...g_mb_mc128da_am_128gb_evo_micosdxc_class.html
$39.95 + Tax.

Legit store, I've bought from them a bunch of times.

just ordered, Darklor doing gods work!!!

Anybody do in store pickup at best buy? Does anyone know how soon before the release they charge for in store pickup? I've only ever bought in stock products for pickup so I'm a little curious how preorders work.

did you do paypal or credit card?

Top Bottom