• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Persona7

Banned
I have a extra SD card but I don't see a need to use it yet. Not going to buy any indie games except maybe Stardew Valley because I have most of this other stuff on PC or can get it for like half the price.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
California - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Colorado - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia - Reports of Items shipped: Walmart, Best Buy
Hawaii - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
New Mexico
New York - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
North Carolina - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon - Reports of Items shipped: Amazon
Pennsylvania - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Utah - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Vermont
Virginia - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Hey everyone, I am in the process of obtaining someone's extra preorder that they got through Amazon. We should be good to go just by changing the shipping address right? He said there's still an option for it on his Order History but we wanted to be sure.

Rootbeer

Banned
Finally Bomberman R is preparing... now my entire series of orders is in the preparing stage. Everything says Mar 2 or 3 as the delivery date. Will be interesting if anything actually arrives early.

K' Dash

Hey everyone, I am in the process of obtaining someone's extra preorder that they got through Amazon. We should be good to go just by changing the shipping address right? He said there's still an option for it on his Order History but we wanted to be sure.

I would contact CS and tell them to change the address and confirm the delivery date won't be affected.

blitz64

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
California - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia - Reports of Items shipped: Walmart, Best Buy
Idaho
Illinois Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California - My Neon Best Buy SoCal ordered is in preparing status.
Colorado - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia - Reports of Items shipped: Walmart
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
North Carolina - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon - Reports of Items shipped: Amazon
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Utah - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Vermont
Virginia - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

My update:

Hey all! Located in PA here and my friend's copy of BoTW: ME just shipped via Best Buy. Currently refreshing to see if/when mine will update as well.

enbred

Banned
I'm keep getting this on Amazon when I go to check my orders:

There's a problem displaying some of your orders right now.
If you don't see the order you're looking for, try refreshing this page, or click "View order details" for that order.

It works when I try again, but I got this message several times today on both amazon.com and amazon.ca

Darklor01

My update:

I think most people have preparing status at this point for Best Buy orders, but I could definitely be wrong on that. I mean, for those who didn't have authorization issues.

I'm mostly updating for those who have items shipped by state/store site.

Ducayne

Have 6x Switch items preordered for shipping from Best Buy spread across 3x orders

Partial order of Bomberman just shipped! Jersey City here.

KevinG

Since nothing has changed on my Pro Controller order with Amazon, I may just cancel it and try my luck in the wild.

I want it for Zelda at launch. Not four days later.

Since nothing has changed on my Pro Controller order with Amazon, I may just cancel it and try my luck in the wild.

I want it for Zelda at launch. Not four days later.
Why? Amazon doesn't charge until 2 days before release date. Best Buy and Amazon operate differently.

gweemz

Maybe someone can help me. Preordered switch from Best Buy online to pick up in store. My credit card decided to put a hold on it when I first ordered, prompting Best Buy to email me to say update my payment info, which I did. My order is still there, but it says "failed authorization." I dont see any charges at all from Best Buy from Jan 13 to now. Trying to figure out if I should be charged yet or not, and if anyone has seen this.

qko

I'm keep getting this on Amazon when I go to check my orders:

It works when I try again, but I got this message several times today on both amazon.com and amazon.ca

I got a news alert that Amazon Web Servers are suffering from issues, so this might be why it's affected

Darklor01

Maybe someone can help me. Preordered switch from Best Buy online to pick up in store. My credit card decided to put a hold on it when I first ordered, prompting Best Buy to email me to say update my payment info, which I did. My order is still there, but it says "failed authorization." I dont see any charges at all from Best Buy from Jan 13 to now. Trying to figure out if I should be charged yet or not, and if anyone has seen this.

I'd think you should call BB Customer Service. There's even a pre-recorded message about failed authorizations when you call in. I forget what it says though.

gweemz

I should've clarified. It's not supposed to arrive until next Tuesday. I don't want to wait until then.

Just letting you know I went to Gamestop today,and they said they will have some to sell at midnight. Maybe try that if you have a switch ordered at Gamestop.

I was under the assumption the card wouldn't even be charged until I physically picked up the item. So e.g. if I waited until Sunday to go pick it up, that's when I would get the real charge. You're saying that isn't the case?

This is what I was told when I spoke to BB customer service, because I have an order that tells me "failed authorization" but tells customer service "awaiting authorization" and he said that I could change the payment option at the store when I got to pick it up...but in the past, when I have ordered for store pick up, they charged me before I picked up the item. So I am not sure, anyone here a BB employee who may know?

e_i

Walmart still has accessories (charging grip, etc) available for preorder. My Gamestop said that Nintendo has kill all preorders for accessories already to GS stores.

OmahaG8

YMMV, but I just picked up my two Switches from WalMart. Have no games to play yet, but hey, it saves me one trip on Thursday night.

s1K92SVfrUYnLfnKA

Brace yourself.

Top Bottom