• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
72395518.jpg

How'd you get it to ring through the register? Should've blocked without manager override.

Can you post receipt? Block all personal info obviously. Thanks.

Incompentance.
I pre-ordered in store through their lay-away program. Went at lunch to ask about coming in on Thursday and 2 different managers said 'We have them now!'. I paid off the lay-away, and then they went to the cage.

Edit: They couldn't ring it up with the SKU, but the lady at the service desk (after an hour of messing around) said that I could just bring them back after Thurs and get a receipt with the SKU on it.

Thanks for including where you're from for the list. It's really so those living in that state might see others in that state are getting stuff shipped. :D

No problem :) seriously thought my order would get canceled since it wasnt preparing but I guess since I live within 2 hours of a distribution center it just took its sweet time. My Hybrid case already shipped, not sure I need it might end up returning it..the pro controller, neon console, and amiibos are all preparing..would be nice to come in the same box but I doubt it

Incompentance.
I pre-ordered in store through their lay-away program. Went at lunch to ask about coming in on Thursday and 2 different managers said 'We have them now!'. I paid off the lay-away, and then they went to the cage.

Edit: They couldn't ring it up with the SKU, but the lady at the service desk (after an hour of messing around) said that I could just bring them back after Thurs and get a receipt with the SKU on it.
Wow lol

Incompentance.

Lmao awesome. Have fun with it.

Darklor01

Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
California - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Colorado - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia - Reports of Items shipped: Walmart, Best Buy
Hawaii - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
New Mexico
New York - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
North Carolina - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon - Reports of Items shipped: Amazon
Pennsylvania - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Utah - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Vermont
Virginia - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin - Report of some idiot managers in a Walmart store releasing Switch systems early
Wyoming

Lgndryhr

Oh boy. I feel bad for that manager when corporate sees this. Must have been an override to allow sale.

Incompentance.

oh....seems risky.

RootCause

First related Switch item shipped today
That's one of the two cases I got.

No problem :) seriously thought my order would get canceled since it wasnt preparing but I guess since I live within 2 hours of a distribution center it just took its sweet time. My Hybrid case already shipped, not sure I need it might end up returning it..the pro controller, neon console, and amiibos are all preparing..would be nice to come in the same box but I doubt it
Hey! I remember you from the amiibo days. :p

Yeah, this is what I should have done. Learn from my mistakes gaffers. I will tuck away this link for later use. Thank you!

Yeah I saw this exact one at amazon but they no longer have it available..is this one highly recommended? I dont know BHPHOTOVIDEO's return policy so would prefer best buy or amazon but not sure best buy has this in stock

FZZ

Banned
Btw for socal peeps

My Neon Switch was in the first orders for Best Buy, placed mine Jan 12th

My cousin who placed his on the second batch in February is still in the processing stage, but he called and the rep told him the same thing they told me.

So if you preordered your neon in the second batch at Best Buy expect your order to begin being prepared later today

Smellycat

OMG

I almost had a panic attack. I went to Amazon to check on my orders. The page said "there is a problem displaying your orders. You have 0 orders"

Then I refreshed the page lol

Cornbread78

YMMV, but I just picked up my two Switches from WalMart. Have no games to play yet, but hey, it saves me one trip on Thursday night.

edit: just a moment

Interesting if true since UPCs are blocked out of registers until launch time and transactions cannot be approved with the standard UPC (even management override) meaning someone would have to have fudged the UPC in order for it to go through a register, most likely a "friend" internally.

That guy/Gal can kiss his job goodbye once they realize inventory is off or Nintendo finds out, lol.

Mercutio

Yeah I saw this exact one at amazon but they no longer have it available..is this one highly recommended? I dont know BHPHOTOVIDEO's return policy so would prefer best buy or amazon but not sure best buy has this in stock

If it's BH Photo Video as in the camera store, they have an excellent return policy. I buy all my audio and photo gear there, and have gotten exchanges and returns on items that are $1000+.

In particular, I have a Nikkor 24-70 that had a speck of dust in the rear element... tiny and really not impacting the performance of the lens. BH still paid shipping for the exchange both ways, and gave me a new lens with no questions asked.

I wouldn't buy stuff like that at Amazon or Best Buy, frankly. I trust BH much more than either.

Darklor01

Interesting if true since UPCs are blocked out of registers until launch time and transactions cannot be approved with the standard UPC (even management override) meaning someone would have to have fudged the UPC in order for it to go through a register, most likely a "friend" internally.

That guy/Gal can kiss his job goodbye once they realize inventory is off.

One thought, .. perhaps they put the item in as a generic SKU when the layaway was created or rang it through with a generic SKU. That would avoid the tripped alarms. I've had it done a long time ago where a manager just put in the price with the generic SKU at the register for an item.

That guy/Gal can kiss his job goodbye once they realize inventory is off.

There are several people who helped me, but none of them were 'friends'. They all didn't seem to understand how the system worked, and were more concerned about charging back my credit card and re-scanning it in (which I think is how they're supposed to do it) than worrying about the date.

Cornbread78

One thought, .. perhaps they put the item in as a generic SKU when the layaway was created or rang it through with a generic SKU. That would avoid the tripped alarms. I've had it done a long time ago where a manager just put in the price with the generic SKU at the register for an item.

yeah, that's exactly the only way.

Bad news, bad bad news.

That's how many Wal-Mart employees lose jobs at registers for "fixing" prices and bypassing corporate policies..

There are several people who helped me, but none of them were 'friends'. They all didn't seem to understand how the system worked, and were more concerned about charging back my credit card and re-scanning it in (which I think is how they're supposed to do it) than worrying about the date.

LOL, not sure how they did they seeing as the boxes come shipped with giant fluorescent orange labels with "DO NOT SELL UNTIL March 3rd" all over them.

If Nintendo catches word, it can be around a $10k fine per unit sold prior to launch date.

RootCause

Click on the button to track your package. Its on that page.
Looks like the system is down at the moment.

Its been a rough couple of days for my preorders. Had my ME, and my Neon straps cancelled. Then Horizon went from March 1 arrival to March 6. And now it looks like I might not get it in time for the weekend. :/

Breath of the Wild just shipped from Best Buy, should be very soon for the 5 amiibo to follow suit.

For the love of god Amazon, charge my card for the Switch console itself already, I need to stop worrying

Which state pls (obviously, you don't have to answer)?

Texas

Piggus

The mass hysteria leading up to console launches as people panic about their orders not shipping in time will never fail to amuse me. C'mon you guys. We all know how Amazon and other's release day shipping works. There's nothing to worry about unless you have terrible weather in your area this week.

I'm doing in store pick-up for Best Buy, but it still says "Processing" and awaiting authorization on my card. However, it charged my card back when I first preordered it, so I know my card is fine. Should I be worried at all? Or since it's in store pick up am I all good?

Darklor01

The mass hysteria leading up to console launches as people panic about their orders not shipping in time will never fail to amuse me. C'mon you guys. We all know how Amazon and other's release day shipping works. There's nothing to worry about unless you have terrible weather in your area this week.

YtbDkfE.gif

People asking which states orders are shipping from like it means absolutely anything.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Everyone will get their consoles. Relax.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah, my Super Bomberman R shipped. Nice.

vgamer1

People asking which states orders are shipping from like it means absolutely anything.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Everyone will get their consoles. Relax.

The entire point of this thread is for people to discuss their pre-orders.

If you don't want to read about people discussing their pre-orders, maybe this isn't the right thread for you.

Can anyone confirm the temperature outside in your area was when your accessories shipped? If it was too hot the sorters might be working slower and taking more breaks.

DonShula

Can anyone confirm the temperature outside in your area was when your accessories shipped? If it was too hot the sorters might be working slower and taking more breaks.

The temperature in my area only affects the stamina and fatigue levels of my UPS driver. You're after the temperature at the distribution center I'd suspect.

Top Bottom