• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
California - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Colorado - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Connecticut
Delaware
Florida
Georgia - Reports of Items shipped: Walmart, Best Buy
Hawaii - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy, Amazon
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
New Mexico
New York - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
North Carolina - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon - Reports of Items shipped: Amazon
Pennsylvania - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Rhode Island
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Utah - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Vermont
Virginia - Reports of Items shipped: Best Buy
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

I had a Amazon rep pretty much tell me if I don't get Zelda on launch day thay at least I get the 20% pre-order discount.

Normally I'd agree, but this is a launch title, and won't be playing much else is I don't have Zelda on day one.

Cancelled and pre-ordered from Best Buy.
Why'd you cancel? What did your order say?

Why's everybody confused about how 2 day shipping works? It's only Tuesday.

I've had a shipping estimate of Wednesday for quite sometime now. Not expecting it to ship before then.

K' Dash

Which case is it? The one I ordered was delayed until May if you ordered after 2/7

PDP-Nintendo-Switch-Premium-Console-Case-937x1024.jpg

That one.

I said I would wait 3-6 Months and see how it goes but I can't take it anymore. This would purely be my 3DS Replacement and the idea of those visuals in a handheld are too much for me to hold off; I would potentially play it on my monitor sometimes actually now thinking about it.

ANYWAYS - NY GAF - What do you think chances are I'd be able to snag one a week after launch? Or do I have to try a BestBuy and get there around 11PM on Thursday? I'm in Queens, so I would potentially have to hit up one in Long Island if they're doing release day, the one by me in Queens is too accessible and I doubt I'd get one.

dickroach

oh fucking motherfuck
I'd gotten a new debit card since I pre-ordered and BB canceled my pre-order even though I updated my payment info. bullshit

rhino2627

Neo Member
Why'd you cancel? What did your order say?

Why's everybody confused about how 2 day shipping works? It's only Tuesday.

I've had a shipping estimate of Wednesday for quite sometime now. Not expecting it to ship before then.

Completely agree, people are losing their minds for no reason. Amazon Prime orders will ship on 3/1 to arrive on 3/3. As long as your account still quotes delivery of 3/3, you're good.

shanafan

Since nothing has changed on my Pro Controller order with Amazon, I may just cancel it and try my luck in the wild.

I want it for Zelda at launch. Not four days later.

No, don't do that.

Really would cancel just because an item that doesn't come out for a few days hasn't changed the shipping status?

Snaku

Banned
I am with you on that, it was really good looking. I went with the HORI Tough Pouch, which isn't very pretty, but I'll be carrying the Switch around in my bag anyways.

Eh, it looked nice on the outside but once I got a look at the inside with that nasty mesh and questionable padding it was an easy pass for me.

Persona7

Banned
Just got an email saying my premium Hori protector from amazon is set to arrive this week despite ordering after the cut off date.

RPG

Where did you place your orders? I've got a Switch and Pro Controller from Best Buy still showing as "Preparing" but supposed to deliver on Thursday. I'm also in Colorado.
Best Buy. My orders for the same are also in Preparing. All of my items were in the same state yesterday and this morning, but have slowly been shipping out. My charging grip was the last one to charge and change to Preparing, but the first to ship.

Alright, so I just called Best Buy because my order has said "preparing" for the last two days.

The rep seemed pretty knowledgeable and told me the following:

"Preparing" means that the Best Buy Geek Squad was preparing their lunch while authorization was attempted by the online system. Essentially they have approve each authorization before passing on to the next step. Since they were preparing lunch, your order may have been missed.

So if your order says preparing, give them a call because they clearly missed it and that's why it's been stuck on preparing.

Wait what?

Carlisle

Eastern Pennsylvania here, Best Buy pro controller and Zelda orders are preparing. So was Amazon Switch order as of this morning. Everything still says expected delivery 3/3 though.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Want a time for problems, man...

I applied an Amazon gift card balance to my Bomberman R order and it changed from release date delivery to arriving on the 7th. I have some more gift card balance I wanted to add to my Zelda and Switch orders, but no way I'm doing that until I talk to someone at Amazon.

So, I call Amazon and they actually told me to call back in an hour, because they can't even access their own systems and can't look at any orders. WTF? My stuff is supposed to ship tomorrow and I'm hoping this all gets sorted out soon.

So, I call Amazon and they actually told me to call back in an hour, because they can't even access their own systems and can't look at any orders. WTF? My stuff is supposed to ship tomorrow and I'm hoping this all gets sorted out soon.

This is not a normal day for Amazon. All of their servers are having problems (and taking down like a third of the internet with them)

Snaku

Banned
Want a time for problems, man...

I applied an Amazon gift card balance to my Bomberman R order and it changed from release date delivery to arriving on the 7th. I have some more gift card balance I wanted to add to my Zelda and Switch orders, but no way I'm doing that until I talk to someone at Amazon.

There's like a dozen threads that warn people against doing this exact thing. You're lucky your order was only delayed and not just cancelled.

rhino2627

Neo Member
Best Buy. My orders for the same are also in Preparing. All of my items were in the same state yesterday and this morning, but have slowly been shipping out. My charging grip was the last one to charge and change to Preparing, but the first to ship.

Are all of your BBY items showing delivery of 3/2 or 3/3? I'm hoping mine get delivered on 3/2 but not overly optimistic. Besides, my Zelda is coming from Amazon and that certainly won't be here until 3/3.

shanafan

Alright, so I just called Best Buy because my order has said "preparing" for the last two days.

"Preparing" means that the Best Buy Geek Squad was preparing their lunch while authorization was attempted by the online system. Essentially they have approve each authorization before passing on to the next step. Since they were preparing lunch, your order may have been missed.

So if your order says preparing, give them a call because they clearly missed it and that's why it's been stuck on preparing.

I better not find any mustard spots or used napkins with my order!

rdytoroll

Lmao!

This thread man

arimanius

Got email saying Best Buy shipped Zelda. Now just waiting for confirmation from Gamestop they have shipped my Switch. Have a bad feeling I'll be staring at the Zelda box lovingly come Friday with no Switch to play it on. lol

Mortemis

Banned
Best Buy is telling me my switch is preparing to ship, and saying it'll be here by Thursday. Nice, hopefully it comes then.

Too bad Zelda won't be here till Friday.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

free-gone-to-lunch-sign.gif

shanafan

Got email saying Best Buy shipped Zelda. Now just waiting for confirmation from Gamestop they have shipped my Switch. Have a bad feeling I'll be staring at the Zelda box lovingly come Friday with no Switch to play it on. lol

GameStop will probably ship on Thurs/Fri, and standard shipping is 3 to 5 business days.

fucking amazon shipped my horizon via USPS and guess what isn't here today? I have never had UPS come late. If my Switch and Zelda ship usps im going to lose it.

Persona7

Banned
fucking amazon shipped my horizon via USPS and guess what isn't here today? I have never had UPS come late. If my Switch and Zelda ship usps im going to lose it.

Did you get an upgrade to release date delivery? Sometimes that doesn't happen if you order too early or too late. If there was a delayed shipment you can get a free month to prime if you have it. I don't think amazon uses USPS for any two day or overnight deliveries unless you live near a amazon warehouse.

Everyone freaking out about getting it on launch day....

I'm over here in Korea like "It'll get here eventually, I guess."

At a minimum, it'll be two weeks after launch.

Eh, it looked nice on the outside but once I got a look at the inside with that nasty mesh and questionable padding it was an easy pass for me.
The inside for all the cases or more or less the same aren't they? None of the cases seem to have extra padding on the inside. The only difference between the two is that the PDP one has a mesh net holding the switch.

Actually looking at it again, the PDP might be offering less protection since there's no padding on the zipper area where the Switch is sitting on.

Top Bottom