• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I did that with Zelda, I changed my payment source on Sunday and when it finished changing over I noticed my delivery date went from this Friday to we need more time to estimate a delivery date. Yesterday I went on live chat and the rep couldn't help me much but he said he would check in on the order to make sure it gets straightened out. Now both the Switch and the game said that they will be delivered on Friday but for some reason both were moved to open orders from the normal order section.

It's cool that yours got sorted and set for Friday. The lady I talked to was very wishy washy, saying Bomberman could be udpated to get there on Friday, but it might not. I was like, I was set for Friday about 30 minutes ago, can't you put it back to that way, and she was like sorry, can't help, just hope for the best.

I canceled that order and just ordered Bomberman for pick up at Best Buy. Have to go there anyway to pick up my Link and Zelda amiibos on Friday.

Etzer

I called Amazon and the rep told me that if you do anything to an order for an item that is currently not available, like update shipping speed, add gift card balance, etc, it will put you "at the back of the line" and could bump back shipping or cancel the order.

I know this is what people have warned about, but whaaaaaaaaaaaat the hell kind of BS is this? It doesn't warn you anywhere on the order page that it could completely screw your order if you apply a gift card balance. I've done it many times and never had an issue.

Thankfully I did it to my Bomberman order and not the Zelda SE or Switch console. She did upgrade the Bomberman to 1-day shipping, but that's the 6th, which obviously is still not good enough and I'll be canceling that order and getting at Best Buy or somewhere else.

Not very pleased with Amazon right now.

Weird. I changed the payment method on my order (and the address on the Zelda order), but the estimated arrival date is still Friday. Hopefully it stays that way...

kpI1WvW.png

rhino2627

Neo Member
Question: I have two Pro Controllers being shipped. One from Best Buy that will be here Thursday and another from Amazon Japan (got a great deal) that will arrive on March 7.

I plan to return the Pro Controller to Best Buy, but am I able to return it once the packaging has been opened? I'd like to use it to play Zelda until the controller from Japan arrives.

So I talked to Best Buy customer service about how their online order glitch canceled my preorder and got the whole "well try again when it becomes available again" reply. I wasn't too happy, at least managed to get a $50 gift card out of the situation. I guess I need to try a midnight launch hope I can get a Switch that way. Man what a complete shit show :/

antonz

My bestbuy preorders for the Switch and a pro controller are at "preparing" status and say they will be delivered by Thursday the 2nd. Any actual chance that I will get them on that day???

Unlikely to get it before Friday. Preparing apparently doesn't mean much for Best Buy. My Switch is preparing for 2nd business day in a row now. Long as they don't find some way to fuck it up I'm fine.

Used to amazon where when they say preparing order its shipping within hours too

Amazon preorder hasn't budged. Still sitting at "Not yet shipped" with estimated arrival date still set for Friday.

Am I in the same boat as most, or what?

MAX PAYMENT

Do we know how many non pre-order consoles games top is getting?

As much as I despise the store, I have 240 in store credit, but no pre order.

Boke1879

My bestbuy preorders for the Switch and a pro controller are at "preparing" status and say they will be delivered by Thursday the 2nd. Any actual chance that I will get them on that day???

See what it says after it ships. Sometimes it corrects itself.

Although I did get Horizon yesterday. I never had a new game delivered early to me like that.

mews

Neo Member
has anyone's launch day Amazon order moved at all? been impatiently staring at mine for days now and i need some good news

tootie923

Amazon preorder hasn't budged. Still sitting at "Not yet shipped" with estimated arrival date still set for Friday.

They'll probably charge most people's cards tomorrow. My Zelda order has shipping for Wednesday the 1st. My Switch isn't getting sent from Japan until Friday, *sigh*.

Persona7

Banned

This is normal because Amazon usually overnights stuff to arrive on release date. Assuming you have release day delivery. I've had orders not update until 10-11PM and still arrive ~12 hours later.

ncslamm

All of my Amazon preorders had been pushed back. I cancelled what I could (game preorders, accessories) and switched those over to Best Buy. Bomberman and the AC adapter were showing arriving March 7 on Amazon and are showing release day delivery on Best Buy.

I've been loyal to Amazon for something like 12 years now but Best Buy may start getting most of my business. Especially with Gamers Club Unlocked. The only thing I didn't cancel was the deluxe strategy guide and nenderoid Link.

JMY86

They should start billing overnight into tomorrow and begin shipping out Wednesday afternoon. This is completely normal for Amazon, depending on where your distribution center is they can even ship into Thursday night for release day delivery.

jb1234

Walmart is confirming I won't get mine before the 9th. I'm not happy and am complaining about it but am not expecting much to come of it.

Ion Guru

My Amazon pre-order now says preparing for shipment, where as before it said expected to ship.

Did you preorder late at night / early in the morning after the press conference, or at 12 pm the next day? I preordered at 12 pm the next day and I'm still at "Arriving Friday".

Vitacat

Floating into this thread. When this thing is out, am I going to be able to buy one if I become interested?

Not easily.

I missed preorders, so I'll be camping on Thursday, hoping to get one of about 10 extra units my local Gamestop said they'll have. Might be easier at Bestbuy, Target, or Walmart, but I'm forced to go to Gamestop because I have a bunch of GS credit I need to get spent.

JMY86

Floating into this thread. When this thing is out, am I going to be able to buy one if I become interested?

If you are talking about getting one on Friday, your best bet would be to maybe try Target when they open up. I would get there early though maybe a couple hours before they open up. You may also want to try Walmart if your nearest is open 24 hours and try to get one at midnight, but I would still get there a couple hours early.

antonz

Of all I ordered the one I am most anxious to see make some progress is my Master Edition Zelda. When it ships Ill finally be able to have a sigh of relief.

Boke1879

To alot of people getting a bit worried about what status your order is.

Don't get too caught up with it. This stuff is kinda typical for a console launch. I'd say most things will ship out tomorrow.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Any chance of getting one on launch day? Ive got some extra coin to throw around and was thinking of a switch. Either that or a ryzen rig. No big deal if i miss out.

CronoShot

Finished paying off my preorder at Walmart. Surprisingly, they're getting quite a few in (36, 10 neon and 26 gray).

Weirdly enough, they only have 28 copies of Zelda. There will be blood.

I remember buying accessories for console launches before launch in the past. Guess not anymore

Depending on who you get, it's possible to grab peripherals early. Some employees don't give any fucks.

Someone on Reddit claims they got a BoTW Amiibo from Walmart, and I grabbed a stack of Vita games and accessories way before release because my local Walmart put them out early and decided to just sell them to me.

The Lamp

Depending on who you get, it's possible to grab peripherals early. Some employees don't give any fucks.

Someone on Reddit claims they got a BoTW Amiibo from Walmart, and I grabbed a stack of Vita games and accessories way before release because my local Walmart put them out early and decided to just sell them to me.

I don't know how, because the register literally won't let them scan the item, and it's not like these minimum wage Walmart workers often know what a switch is or why/how they should override the register.

Persona7

Banned

Someone probably got fired for that.

I remember buying accessories for console launches before launch in the past. Guess not anymore

Nintendo is notoriously strict with street dates.

Top Bottom