• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Did you get an upgrade to release date delivery? Sometimes that doesn't happen if you order too early or too late. If there was a delayed shipment you can get a free month to prime if you have it. I don't think amazon uses USPS for any two day or overnight deliveries unless you live near a amazon warehouse.

Yeah it shipped on the 25th and the last update was this.

"Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item"

that was on yesterday at noon.

no further updates.

what crazy is the last thing I had shipped via USPS is currently in claim because they lost it.

Amazon Prime with USPS shipping is a day late in Utah often. Drives me crazy.

well that's good to know, I wish they would update the site so I knew where it even was but USPS tracking is SO bad.

ontop of that amazon cloud services are having problems today so chat support isnt working with amazon today and my prime ends tomorrow.

anyways sorry to shit up this thread.

PRAY TO LINK that my Nintendo stuff ships UPS.

spookyfish

Amazon Prime with USPS shipping is a day late in Utah often. Drives me crazy.

Even worse is when Best Buy does UPS Sure (Sh*t) Post -- where UPS hands it off to the USPS, so it literally takes twice as long as if they would just send it one or the other.

Persona7

Banned
Yeah it shipped on the 25th and the last update was this.

"Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item"

that was on yesterday at noon.

no further updates.

what crazy is the last thing I had shipped via USPS is currently in claim because they lost it.

damn that sucks

you can probably get a free month of prime and a credit in your account if you complain to live chat.

Ibuki

Banned
I'd actually be fine if Amazon uses USPS for mine. At least I know a pretty close window of when it would arrive. UPS/Fedex could arrive any time from 10AM to 8PM...

Pro Controller has shipped from Best Buy! Colorado here.

Still waiting on the Switch itself, also from BBY.

Mostly in the same boat, in NY. My Pro Controller and Switch are still in preparing, but my Zelda shipped.

I'll be annoyed if it doesn't ship since a long time ago I kept that one over the Amazon order for the points.

Best Buy - Shipping - Indiana

- Nintendo Switch Neon - Chase Visa - Preparing
- 3 Breath of the Wild Amiibo - Chase Visa Checkout - Preparing
- Zelda Breath of the Wild - Chase Visa Checkout - Preparing
- 2 Pro Controllers - Chase Visa Checkout - Preparing
- Super Bomberman R - Paypal - Shipped

shanafan

I'd actually be fine if Amazon uses USPS for mine. At least I know a pretty close window of when it would arrive. UPS/Fedex could arrive any time from 10AM to 8PM...

I love shipping my stuff to work. USPS comes between 8-8:30 AM, UPS is 11:30-12, and Fedex isn't till like 4 PM.

lutheran

img_5077xmksa.gif

This means your orders were moved to open orders, I had the same issue and checked open orders and now both of my Switch items say expected delivery friday, not yet shipped.

Ibuki

Banned
I love shipping my stuff to work. USPS comes between 8-8:30 AM, UPS is 11:30-12, and Fedex isn't till like 4 PM.

That actually worked out great for a couple weeks, and then Amazon started using AMZL for my building. It was a nightmare. Multiple late deliveries. They would try to deliver at like 5:08 even though we were open from 8-5.

I ordered mine online for in store pick up at Best Buy

Mine says "preordered" and available
March 3. Will I be able to get this at midnight launch and when does in store pickup show it's ready. Usually the night before? The status hasn't moved

Master Edition from Amazon is shipping today! Looks like I'm almost in the clear!

Amazon must have read my mind thinking about cancelling my BotW amiibos since I checked my orders and all but two of the amiibos are gone now. All that is left is the Zelda one and the Guardian.

Guess it's time to go to the B/S/T thread again...

Last thing I had shipped from Amazon (the Art and Artifacts Zelda book) was 3 days late when I ordered a replacement. The replacement got here in good time but who knows what happened to that first one... and I don't think Amazon'll be in a position to send another Switch if USPS manages to lose the first so... fingers crossed. It won't feel real until it's out for delivery lol

R0ckman

Last thing I had shipped from Amazon (the Art and Artifacts Zelda book) was 3 days late when I ordered a replacement. The replacement got here in good time but who knows what happened to that first one... and I don't think Amazon'll be in a position to send another Switch if USPS manages to lose the first so... fingers crossed. It won't feel real until it's out for delivery lol

This isn't normal. Was this with Prime?

lutheran

Why were they moved to open orders?

No idea, but before they moved I had changed my credit card payment for the Zelda game and for 3 days it changed from expected delivery Friday the 3rd to we need more time to estimate a delivery date. So when I checked now, both the game and my Switch console were moved to open orders and now both say Expected delivery date the 3rd of March.

NONE of my stuff is shipped. Best Buy store pickup stuff is PREPARING

My shipped to home stuff is PREPARING

PREPARING
PREPARING
PREPARING!!!

stress.gif

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I called Amazon and the rep told me that if you do anything to an order for an item that is currently not available, like update shipping speed, add gift card balance, etc, it will put you "at the back of the line" and could bump back shipping or cancel the order.

I know this is what people have warned about, but whaaaaaaaaaaaat the hell kind of BS is this? It doesn't warn you anywhere on the order page that it could completely screw your order if you apply a gift card balance. I've done it many times and never had an issue.

Thankfully I did it to my Bomberman order and not the Zelda SE or Switch console. She did upgrade the Bomberman to 1-day shipping, but that's the 6th, which obviously is still not good enough and I'll be canceling that order and getting at Best Buy or somewhere else.

Not very pleased with Amazon right now.

Bio-Frost

I called Amazon and the rep told me that if you do anything to an order for an item that is currently not available, like update shipping speed, add gift card balance, etc, it will put you "at the back of the line" and could bump back shipping or cancel the order.

I know this is what people have warned about, but whaaaaaaaaaaaat the hell kind of BS is this? It doesn't warn you anywhere on the order page that it could completely screw your order if you apply a gift card balance. I've done it many times and never had an issue.

Thankfully I did it to my Bomberman order and not the Zelda SE or Switch console. She did upgrade the Bomberman to 1-day shipping, but that's the 6th, which obviously is still not good enough and I'll be canceling that order and getting at Best Buy or somewhere else.

Others have said this never happened to them, but this same thing happened to me with FFXV collectors edition. Never again am I updating an order after I place it.

Yep. It sucks. I just got a new debit card from my bank, but I'm waiting until after the weekend to activate it so as not torisk screwing up my Pro Controller order.

lutheran

I did that with Zelda, I changed my payment source on Sunday and when it finished changing over I noticed my delivery date went from this Friday to we need more time to estimate a delivery date. Yesterday I went on live chat and the rep couldn't help me much but he said he would check in on the order to make sure it gets straightened out. Now both the Switch and the game said that they will be delivered on Friday but for some reason both were moved to open orders from the normal order section.

The Big N

Banned
I did that with Zelda, I changed my payment source on Sunday and when it finished changing over I noticed my delivery date went from this Friday to we need more time to estimate a delivery date. Yesterday I went on live chat and the rep couldn't help me much but he said he would check in on the order to make sure it gets straightened out. Now both the Switch and the game said that they will be delivered on Friday but for some reason both were moved to open orders from the normal order section.

Open orders is where it should be. If you order an item that is not available yet it stays in Open orders until its ready to ship. I haven't touched my Zelda and Switch preorder on Amazon and they've been in open order since Jan 13.

Damn shame I can't add my gift card balance to an existing order or it'll go RIP
Oh well , I always need Amazon credit anyway

Maybe I'll try to get them to refund me $100 in exchange for my $100 Amazon credit on Friday lol, 0.0001# chance is best chance 😎

Jerm411

Working in a Wal-Mart this week.....we get pretty much full access at these stores...in the back and there's Switch stuff everywhere. It's hard to look at lol.....

bumpkin

Still no change (Preparing) on my Joy-Con and grip order. They charged me for it a day or two ago and I have two-day shipping on it, but apparently I won't get it early because it hasn't been shipped.

Oh well, probably for the best. It'd be torture to be able to hold the Joy-Cons in my hand and not have a console to use them yet. :(

enbred

Banned
My Zelda standard edition from Amazon that had no delivery date for many days and was "We'll email you when we have..." now shows "Not yet shipped" and has a delivery date!

Check your Amazon people.

Nicko

My bestbuy preorders for the Switch and a pro controller are at "preparing" status and say they will be delivered by Thursday the 2nd. Any actual chance that I will get them on that day???

My best buy order still says processing even though I already paid through paypal on Jan 13. Not sure if I'm just over reacting because I want it or if I should actually be worried.

Ibuki

Banned
My bestbuy preorders for the Switch and a pro controller are at "preparing" status and say they will be delivered by Thursday the 2nd. Any actual chance that I will get them on that day???

Wait until the tracking shows up on UPS or whoever shipped and that will tell you.

Top Bottom