• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Fracas

#fuckonami
Anyone with a Walmart order see an update? Nothing here yet. Still scheduled for release date delivery.

edit: oh shit i got charged for mine

Lee

I don't know how, because the register literally won't let them scan the item, and it's not like these minimum wage Walmart workers often know what a switch is or why/how they should override the register.

Someone in this very thread got two consoles today at Walmart, so you never know.

Incompentance.
I pre-ordered in store through their lay-away program. Went at lunch to ask about coming in on Thursday and 2 different managers said 'We have them now!'. I paid off the lay-away, and then they went to the cage.

Edit: They couldn't ring it up with the SKU, but the lady at the service desk (after an hour of messing around) said that I could just bring them back after Thurs and get a receipt with the SKU on it.

vez23Qc.png

All paid off now, woooooooo!

Took longer than usual because of the Amazon server hiccup.

Anyways, I'm beyond excited to get my first ever console at launch!

kwabi

My Neon Switch on Best Buy finally changed status! Now it no longer says "awaiting authentication" and says "order received"! It's happening!!

crpav

My Best buy order of Zelda standard Switch version, Zelda Wii U and Zelda Switch Master's Edition all have shipped. The Switch itself and pro controller still preparing...

antonz

Same thing here, whatever that means.

Means the order is being sent to the warehouse for "preparing"

Seems like in general Best Buy is taking a whatever approach to the games. if they get there early they don't care since you need the console. Making sure Consoles for the most part are not released early.

LightJak007

Neo Member
Spoke with Wal-Mart, apparently my order ships on March 3 and I get it on Monday, March 6.

I ordered one on Amazon too, so I should at least get one on launch day.

The third Switch that I ordered at Best Buy was auto-cancelled after the payment failed (due to fraud prevention). They did give me 24 hours to correct but it autocancelled after I changed my payment details. My friend won't get a Switch due to that, so very unfortunate. :(

jxN3

Damn, went to eBay to see what the switch and master editions are going for...

Just watched a Switch sell for $574....

and a Master Edition for $447...

Pretty nuts...

My amazon order has been updated again. Zelda is now listed as "Shipping now". Switch shows processing still. Both day arriving on Friday. In NY btw

SiDCrAzY

One of my Amazon orders is now preparing for shipment, too bad its only Super Bomberman R and not Zelda or the actual Switch.

It would be hilarious/depressing if I get Bomberman on launch day and somehow miss out on Zelda and my Switch. Not panicking though, at least not yet.

modsbox

My Switch order on Best Buy just went from 'Preordered' to 'Order Received'.

Is that bad? I expected it to go from 'Preordered' to 'Preparing' or similar. Anyone with preorder experience on Best Buy that can help me understand if things are on track?

Where did you see this? I saw duckroll talking about a physical copy from Singapore having it, but nothing about the Japanese version.
Maybe that is what it was. I remember reading something in the thread but didn't know what page it was. Anyone know where to order one?

Also just ordered a neon joycon set and Zelda amiibo on Walmart.com. delivery on Friday and no tax.

antonz

My Switch order on Best Buy just went from 'Preordered' to 'Order Received'.

Is that bad? I expected it to go from 'Preordered' to 'Preparing' or similar. Anyone with preorder experience on Best Buy that can help me understand if things are on track?

Order Received means Distribution Center was officially informed to get the Order ready. Should switch to preparing soon.

Not easily.

I missed preorders, so I'll be camping on Thursday, hoping to get one of about 10 extra units my local Gamestop said they'll have. Might be easier at Bestbuy, Target, or Walmart, but I'm forced to go to Gamestop because I have a bunch of GS credit I need to get spent.

If you are talking about getting one on Friday, your best bet would be to maybe try Target when they open up. I would get there early though maybe a couple hours before they open up. You may also want to try Walmart if your nearest is open 24 hours and try to get one at midnight, but I would still get there a couple hours early.
Fuck. I don't want to get up that early. I should've preordered when I had the chance.

Charadis

Spotted a Switch in the wild today. Tried to buy it, and made it all the way to the cash register, but was shut down by another associate.

Oh well 😂

MnhwgEX.jpg

Vitacat

Damn, went to eBay to see what the switch and master editions are going for...

Just watched a Switch sell for $574....

and a Master Edition for $447...

Pretty nuts...

If only people weren't foolish enough to pay these asshole scalpers that sort of money.

But, human nature.

Now, the Master Edition I can sorta get, since it is actually rare. But the Switch? Nearly twice the price to have one a few days or weeks sooner? Plus, there are going to be some at retailers on Thursday/Friday.

Fuck. I don't want to get up that early. I should've preordered when I had the chance.
Yeah. You, me, and whole lot of people. :-/

So you can't do anything with them at all.

This story is getting funnier by the second.

The only thing to my benefit is the fact that this saves me an hour round trip to this store Thursday night, and instead, I can pick up Zelda just down the street.

Also, I get to say "Oooh I have a Switch before you! Who wants to touch me!" Other than that, I have to sit and wait like everyone else :)

Does Amazon usually ship early? It was my understanding that Amazon ships like the day before if it is guaranteed to be delivered Friday.

Maybe that's just because I live in Southern California so the shipping is quicker I'm not sure.

Persona7

Banned
Does Amazon usually ship early? It was my understanding that Amazon ships like the day before if it is guaranteed to be delivered Friday.

Maybe that's just because I live in Southern California so the shipping is quicker I'm not sure.
I've noticed three things in my experience with amazon release day delivery. Sometimes they ship 2-3 days early and use the slower service. Other times they overnight. They also sometimes prepare shipments and get everything ready early and then hold the items for a few days.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Spotted a Switch in the wild today. Tried to buy it, and made it all the way to the cash register, but was shut down by another associate.

Oh well 😂

MnhwgEX.jpg

I really think they do this purposely now. Lol. Like, let's bait these people for our own amusement!! MWAHAHA!!

... though, in reality.. I know they just don't know it's not supposed to be out there.

crpav

Update: Pro controller has now shipped from Best Buy. Now just the Switch itself. Not sure if hyped or not though...

Top Bottom