• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Bsigg12

FWaBAX8.jpg

Denver, CO.

We have a new Amazon fulfillment center about 15 minutes from my office.

Loaded Man

My BOTW Master Edition from Amazon has been charged and is in status "Preparing To Ship." YES!

Still waiting for BB to ship my Switch + pro controller + amiibos + 2 games. :/

what time do ya'll think people will start lining up on Thursday if they didn't pre-order?

Heard a worker at the Bestbuy near me that is doing a midnight launch say that have double the amount of switches on hand then the number of in store preorders for it. I assume the line is going to be really long but a lot of people will get one.

hoserx

what time do ya'll think people will start lining up on Thursday if they didn't pre-order?

When I waited in line for ps4 on launch, I arrived at 11am for a midnight release. I was the first person there, but tthat gives you an idea of how early people may show up. I waited about the same amount of time for the original Wii, too.

Alright, tracking my Joycon charging grip from Best Buy, it's arriving on Thursday. I figured I'd get something from them a bit early :p

Wish the Pro controller would come Thursday too, just to have something to actually check out before Friday.

Heard a worker at the Bestbuy near me that is doing a midnight launch say that have double the amount of switches on hand then the number of in store preorders for it. I assume the line is going to be really long but a lot of people will get one.

When I waited in line for ps4 on launch, I arrived at 11am for a midnight release. I was the first person there, but tthat gives you an idea of how early people may show up. I waited about the same amount of time for the original Wii, too.

I'd probably show up 5-6 hours before a store opens or 8 hours before if it's a midnight launch. Who can really say though.

thanks for the input ya'll. i got to the local microsoft store at 1PM for the midnight launch in my area and there was about 5 or 6 people in front of me. i am working so I hope i'll be okay getting to best buy around 8PM...if not it's target in the AM then!

Lee

I really think they do this purposely now. Lol. Like, let's bait these people for our own amusement!! MWAHAHA!!

... though, in reality.. I know they just don't know it's not supposed to be out there.

They definitely do. The GameStop near my house had a NES classic box sitting behind the counter. It's empty, apparently, but while I was in there I heard at least two people ask about it only to be told it's promotional. The employee seemed to enjoy letting the customer down each time.

I know this is a longshot, but does anybody know where I could track down a Pro Controller? Like I'm desperate, I might just have to buy a marked up one on eBay at this point.

I got a call from my Gamestop telling me to come in at 10 on Friday morning. They also said they were told by Nintendo to sell any preorders that are not picked up by 10am Saturday. I don't know if Nintendo actually told them that but if anybody else preordered from Gamestop I'd make sure you grab it on Friday or call ahead if you cannot make it

sadromeo

With all this hype and excitement, I ended up getting the 200GB sandisk micro SD card:

http://a.co/hZiXNoG

Not bad at $72.00.

I intend to go physical unless I have to buy digital so I should be covered.

The only things I don't have now is just a powerbank that has USB-C and a pro controller...

Is the pro controller REALLY necessary for Zelda: BOTW? Especially if planning to spend most of the time using the Switch in tablet mode?

Longest 3-5 days ever...

antonz

With all this hype and excitement, I ended up getting the 200GB sandisk micro SD card:

http://a.co/hZiXNoG

Not bad at $72.00.

I intend to go physical unless I have to buy digital so I should be covered.

The only things I don't have now is just a powerbank that has USB-C and a pro controller...

Is the pro controller REALLY necessary for Zelda: BOTW? Especially if planning to spend most of the time using the Switch in tablet mode?

Longest 3-5 days ever...

I see no particular reason why the pro controller is absolutely needed. The Joycon grip makes a pro controller. The only thing the pro controller really offers is a traditional directional pad and that can be a huge deal for some.

I see no particular reason why the pro controller is absolutely needed. The Joycon grip makes a pro controller. The only thing the pro controller really offers is a traditional directional pad and that can be a huge deal for some.
I just hear it's better overall. Looks better too.

Plus, those joycon connectivity issues.

It's gone already but did people just miss the Wal-Mart stock alert? I got a nowinstock alert ten minutes ago, figured it would have popped up on GAF somewhere.

I'd probably show up 5-6 hours before a store opens or 8 hours before if it's a midnight launch. Who can really say though.

Heh, I'm just going to show up at my Best Buy 3 or 4 hours before midnight and see what happens. I'm not hell-bent on getting one at launch, though.

I'm at work right now which doesn't let me bring my phone in but I just got an email from Google Voice that Best Buy left me a voicemail about my pickup! Says they are indeed open at midnight and will have two lines for preorders and those without. It's almost here!

Anyone know how Best Buy is handling the midnight launch? Are they letting people inside at 11 or something to get things lines up or are they strictly not opening their doors til midnight?

hoserx

I have my switch from Best Buy being shipped, but my copy of Zelda is an in store pickup. Can I pick up zelda at midnight or is the midnight launch for systems only?

newarrior

Anyone know how Best Buy is handling the midnight launch? Are they letting people inside at 11 or something to get things lines up or are they strictly not opening their doors til midnight?

My local one said they're handing out tickets at 11pm, with priority to people with pre-orders.

That answer didn't fill me with confidence, so I'll call back tomorrow and talk to someone else to get more info.

Gaspard

So far Best Buy shipped my:

Joycons + 2 BotW Amiibos + Bomberman

So now I'm currently waiting for Amazon to ship the console + Zelda (which it says will ship tomorrow).

JMY86

I have my switch from Best Buy being shipped, but my copy of Zelda is an in store pickup. Can I pick up zelda at midnight or is the midnight launch for systems only?

You should be able to pick it up at midnight. I remember picking up a copy of Dark Souls II at a Bestbuy midnight Titanfall launch.

Couleurs

Should I be worried?

c34825c1ad.png

When did you preorder? I was going to get that last week but there's a message that says:
"Note on Availability: Due to high customer demand, orders placed after February 7, 2017 may not be delivered until May 2017. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item. Orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they are received."

Armaly

My Zelda case is in the same limbo. Unfortunately I think that means we missed the first batch.
Damn. :/
When did you preorder? I was going to get that but theres a message that says:
"Note on Availability: Due to high customer demand, orders placed after February 7, 2017 may not be delivered until May 2017. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item. Orders will be fulfilled in the order in which they are received."

February 4th.

How does it work?

Well if you're in a Prime Now city (you can check here), you use that site to order Amazon stuff and get 2 hour delivery. It's not everything on Amazon, but is rather a (very) limited selection of things they have in your local warehouse. Supposedly there is Switch stock set aside for Prime Now orders on launch day.

Lorcain

If you live in the Northern VA - DC area, I just called and confirmed that the Best Buy stores in Fair Lakes and Sterling are doing midnight launches. Those are high volume stores, so hopefully their stock will be good.

Top Bottom