• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Well if you're in a Prime Now city (you can check here), you use that site to order Amazon stuff and get 2 hour delivery. It's not everything on Amazon, but is rather a (very) limited selection of things they have in your local warehouse. Supposedly there is Switch stock set aside for Prime Now orders on launch day.

I wonder what time it goes live. It would be awesome to snag one off there, but I'll probably end up getting in a line a few hours early at a best buy and trying that I guess. If that fails I probably will just swing on over to target after and hope I get one there.

ar4757

When Best Buy says Zelda posters for the midnight launch while supplies last, do you think I could snag one that morning if I skip the midnight launch?

I wonder what time it goes live. It would be awesome to snag one off there, but I'll probably end up getting in a line a few hours early at a best buy and trying that I guess. If that fails I probably will just swing on over to target after and hope I get one there.

I will be checking on Thursday and Friday, and I'll post in here when I see Switch stuff go live on Prime Now.

Well if you're in a Prime Now city (you can check here), you use that site to order Amazon stuff and get 2 hour delivery. It's not everything on Amazon, but is rather a (very) limited selection of things they have in your local warehouse. Supposedly there is Switch stock set aside for Prime Now orders on launch day.
Nice thanks. But sadly my city is not on the list.

DMONKUMA

Bit of an update about my shipping orders from Best Buy....

-Blue Neon Joycons have just been shipped
-Charging grip is still being prepared

Fun thing is that the charging grip had the "preparing" notification before the Blue Neon pair.

My Amazon order for my case hasn't shipped yet tho

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Bit of an update about my shipping orders from Best Buy....

-Blue Neon Joycons have just been shipped
-Charging grip is still being prepared

Fun thing is that the charging grip had the "preparing" notification before the Blue Neon pair.

My Amazon order for my case hasn't shipped yet tho

All of my stuff is still preparing. I must live five minutes away from a shipping center .. lol.

enbred

Banned
Jealous of you guys. I'm not seeing enough shipping going on in my spreadsheet :(

n5hLN8Y.png

Holy shit

Armaly

Contacted Amazon rep. He thinks i'm getting it on launch but is not sure. Tried contacting the inventory team and they said my order should be updated in March... Got $5 discount doe. We'll see.

Erv

Ive got a question about Amazon. I preordered my switch before I got Amazon prime. So I chose two day shipping which was seven bucks. will Amazon reimburse me for shipping since I have prime now? Prime would get me free shipping on this right?

Malfunky

It's gone already but did people just miss the Wal-Mart stock alert? I got a nowinstock alert ten minutes ago, figured it would have popped up on GAF somewhere.

I got a text message, opened the link immediately, and it was out of stock. Either it was an error or it sold out incredibly fast.

So Best Buy says they have neon joycons in stock... you think it's for real? My pro controller from the is scheduled to be delivered on Thursday.

Also, do you think the extra power cord/ adapter would be worth it?

I have my switch from Best Buy being shipped, but my copy of Zelda is an in store pickup. Can I pick up zelda at midnight or is the midnight launch for systems only?

My Best Buy told me that they'll have games, accessories and amiibo available for purchase but they'll be first come first serve. He then made it sound like they would have 1 combined line for preorders and walk-ins. Whoever was first can pick up an extra stock system (if they didn't pre-order) and games or their preorders along with anything else extra. Once extra stock runs out, that's it.

Kinda bullshit if you ask me. If you Pre-ordered you should get priority in my opinion. Just limit everything to 1 per customer.

e_i

GS just called me to say to come in at 6 pm on Thursday to get my number(?). Apparently, they're grouping everyone (they have 35 preorders).and handling people in groups. I go past there on my way home from work.

bluexy

Ive got a question about Amazon. I preordered my switch before I got Amazon prime. So I chose two day shipping which was seven bucks. will Amazon reimburse me for shipping since I have prime now? Prime would get me free shipping on this right?

You should go into your order to see if you can redo your shipping info. Amazon has, in the past, not updated shipping info in this manner.

So my Zelda SE shipped from Best Buy! (I'm in MA)... still no Switch shipment yet... god damn I'm gonna have to stare at Zelda all day Thursday with nothing to play it on.

Persona7

Banned

No, you would need to create a new order. They also started reverting orders to basic shipping if your prime lapses.

Darklor01

I'm moving. So this is my last hurrah for a good while. Had to pick up everything I can while in the transition. I didn't even list my non launch preorders or all the other amiibo I picked up once I preordered the BotW ones. :/

I get that. I really do. Before my wife and I moved I did the same thing. Now that we have our own place, no more massive spending. Had one last hurrah building a custom PC.

Darklor01

I don't have a spreadsheet, but I have a Switch for every member of my family. Except my 7 month old. He doesn't need one yet. So that's still four. I WIN. Or maybe I lose. I probably lose. Damnit.

There are no losers in either situation. He still wins though if you account that all of that is for one person. But... wow, your whole family!!

JMY86

I didn't yet :(
super nervous.

Everything is most likely fine. The majority of people will probably get charged overnight or tomorrow morning. I would not get worried until Thursday if you have still not been charged by then I would contact CS.

Persona7

Banned
Well, Amazon just updated my Wii U BotW date to March 3rd, so that's good lol

I wonder how many people canceled their orders because of the shipping estimation...lol. I've received orders on release day that never updated. People were freaking out yesterday.

Got the Hyperkin "Hard Shell" carrying case today.

It's not that hard of a case.

I was expecting slightly harder plastic.

Probably better than most other cases in terms of protection and not bad for $10.

Well my neon switch online order for best buy got advanced to preparing. Im in California if that matters still. So hyped for friday!

Gamestop just tried to Okie Doke me. This fool almost made me preorder a guardian amiibo saying it was gamestop exclusive! Googled that jawn and back down. Yall sneaky as fuck!!!

Top Bottom