• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Erv

Just called Amazon and they gave me the free prime shipping. So just call if youre in a similar situation

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Well my neon switch online order for best buy got advanced to preparing. Im in California if that matters still. So hyped for friday!

I stopped asking and keeping up with the list. People got bothered. It was mainly about states some stuff shipped from.

mstevens

My Best Buy told me that they'll have games, accessories and amiibo available for purchase but they'll be first come first serve. He then made it sound like they would have 1 combined line for preorders and walk-ins. Whoever was first can pick up an extra stock system (if they didn't pre-order) and games or their preorders along with anything else extra. Once extra stock runs out, that's it.

Kinda bullshit if you ask me. If you Pre-ordered you should get priority in my opinion. Just limit everything to 1 per customer.

Wait, so they aren't giving pre-orders priority for stuff that they pre-ordered? Or just not priority for the extra stuff?

Because pre-ordering and then having someone else buy your console would defeat the whole purpose.

K' Dash

You're so lucky you'll be getting the system on friday and play all weekend, I'm importing from amazon US and will have to wait a few days :/

kahi

Gamestop order is still at the "Open" stage, I e-mailed customer support to ask why it didn't show overnight shipping, and received this reply, and order is now updated showing 1-day shipping.

wnGisDF.png

seeing tons of people getting there stuff shipped is just increasing my hype cant wait to walk into gamestop and pick it up at midnight.

I was able to call the Amazon warehouse that I presume my Nintendo™ Switch is located at, spoke to the floor manager and he assured me that it will be shipped out and that they would be fully staffed that day with no current call outs or people on vacation at the moment, all seems well there. So I then called UPS and spoke with the head delivery manager who will be in charge of picking up my Switch at the Amazon warehouse and delivering it to the UPS sorting facility, I asked for his license number so I could check his driving record to make sure he was the best choice to handle my Switch. I then called my local BRINKS security company and asked the prices on home/porch security officer to stand watch at my home since I will be at work on Friday and I don't want anyone taking my Switch off my porch during the 10 minute drive I have from my job to home, not too bad price wise, I'll look into it further tomorrow. Thinking of perhaps renting a faster vehicle for the week so my 10 minute drive is a little shorter just in case I need it.

I was able to call the Amazon warehouse that I presume my Nintendo™ Switch is located at, spoke to the floor manager and he assured me that it will be shipped out and that they would be fully staffed that day with no current call outs or people on vacation at the moment, all seems well there. So I then called UPS and spoke with the head delivery manager who will be in charge of picking up my Switch at the Amazon warehouse and delivering it to the UPS sorting facility, I asked for his license number so I could check his driving record to make sure he was the best choice to handle my Switch. I then called my local BRINKS security company and asked the prices on home/porch security officer to stand watch at my home since I will be at work on Friday and I don't want anyone taking my Switch off my porch during the 10 minute drive I have from my job to home, not too bad price wise, I'll look into it further tomorrow. Thinking of perhaps renting a faster vehicle for the week so my 10 minute drive is a little shorter just in case I need it.

You had me going for quick second.

Solidsnake32292

Neo Member

Yep, you definitely had me until UPS LOL

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
None of my stuff has shipped.

I am in the same boat.

I have yet to be charged for my grey Switch from Amazon, but my order still says "arriving Friday, not yet shipped". I personally have never experienced Amazon being late on a release day package, so I'm not too worried yet.

On the other hand my Best Buy orders (BOTW SE, Pro Controller, and 1,2 Switch) were charged to my card Sunday evening, but have been stuck in the preparing stage since. They all say "get by Mar. 3rd" but Best Buy has been 1 for 3 on release day orders for me so I'm starting to get a bit worried about those.

Though as long as I get the Switch on Friday I can just go out and pickup a SE of BOTW and return my sealed copy from BB once it arrives. So I'm still a cool cucumber. But come tomorrow and still nothing has shipped.... then I will start to freak.

SiDCrAzY

You won't even call in sick at work Friday? If you're going to half ass this, then you don't deserve a Switch.

Koppai

Wait, so they aren't giving pre-orders priority for stuff that they pre-ordered? Or just not priority for the extra stuff?

Because pre-ordering and then having someone else buy your console would defeat the whole purpose.
Anything you preorder will be held up to 7 days.

So far only one of my Pro Controllers has shipped from BB; everything else is "preparing." Has anyone's actual console shipped yet or is it mainly just accessories?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Have any retailers indicated whether or not they'll have extra Pro controllers available at launch?

Not sure about all retailers, but I've seen pictures of extra Switch Pro Controllers already out on shelves at multiple different Walmarts.

Also bad news for me (well not really) But my gamestop is having a midnight launch but I have my special Zelda at Best buy and they open at 10am... Im in a heavy debate right now

Cindro

Guys. Gals.

I'm losing my damn mind over here.

The paranoia of my BB preorder being randomly scrwed up. The hype for Zelda making me lose sleep. The extreme anticipation, only to feel a gaping hole of existential misery once BotW is conquered and I realize I tied all of my happiness eggs for the first part of 2017 to a single, finite basket.

Not to mention the worry over my pre-ordered amiibo not meeting my QC standards (I love meticulously combing through every available package of a given character to select the best looking one).

Can this thread be a support group until Friday? A lot of us need it!

no movement on my 3 best buy orders for in-store pickup..

they haven't charged my card yet

hoping that will happen in the next couple days.

My store was on the midnight opening list, but no one has called about it yet..

You had me at the ™ lol

Also bad news for me (well not really) But my gamestop is having a midnight launch but I have my special Zelda at Best buy and they open at 10am... Im in a heavy debate right now
Your best buy isn't doing a midnight launch?

Erekiddo

I'm a little irritated.

I ordered the 200GB Sandisk card right when the Amazon outage happened. My order was stuck and I called in to cancel so I get my credit back. Upon trying to order again, they're sold out. (Amazon Prime Now)

I got another credit due to the outage. Worth downgrading to the 128GB and only pay $3 shipped?

I was lucky enough to get in a Zelda ME preorder and I'll hopefully be picking it up at Best Buy on Friday - though there's still time for them to fuck up, this would be literally the first bby.com-for-store-pickup order of a game's limited edition that would go without a hiccup for me - but I don't have an actual Switch locked down. Probably kneecapping myself by holding out for a Neon.

Really not sure I have it in me to go the "camping out at midnight" route anymore. I guess when I was still in college and I'd have friends going with me I'd be more likely to go.

Best Buy switch has been on "preparing" since Sunday. I had to call Saturday to update my payment method and the authorization went through immediately on new card - still on processing phase. Next day it moved up to preparing and has been that way ever since.

I hope me updating the payment method so close to ship date did not screw anything up. On the one hand the fact that it moved up to preparing a day later makes me hopeful, but at the same time if they have to wait for the authorization charge to release before then actually taking my funds that might delay it right? Or would they just happen one after another in this case?

The lady I spoke with today said it's already been authorized (which is a good thing) but she also said it was supposed to show $0 not $318. Ugh.

I'm hopeful because i'm in Virginia and the distribution center my console is being held at (according to lady) is in Ohio - which is very close. I'm hoping they will ship it out tomorrow and 2 day it..

My Bomberman preorder finally joined my Switch and went from preordered to Not Yet Shipped on Amazon. Little movement is still movement. I have yet to miss release day delivery from them so I'm not worried.

LProtag

My Best Buy order is at preparing, so I'm hoping I didn't get the whole Chase cancellation thing.

The payment is currently pending on my card.

Top Bottom