• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

phanphare

Banned
Got my Hyperkin case today from Amazon (and it feels just like you think a $9.99 case would). Switch, 1-2-Switch, and Zelda are all in "Expected to ship tomorrow" mode.

that's the case I got, is it suitable enough if I'm just going to be throwing it in another bag when I travel with it?

edit: actually I just read some reviews on amazon and apparently the actual case is not what was pictured. attempting to cancel.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Anybody know of any stores with neon joycons still available for preorder/ purchase?
Walmart had them available all day but they seem to be gone now. Might be worth keeping an eye on them though.

atbigelow

Amazon order (Switch) still pending shipment tomorrow for delivery Friday.
Best Buy order (Zelda, Pro Controller) "preparing" for shipment, supposedly for delivery Thursday.

And I absolutely have Friday off for this. The anticipation is excruciating...

ctfg23

OK so on Amazon I have the Switch and Zelda SE paid off via gift card, but some other accessories are not. My payment method for those items may or may not work. In the event that the charge can't go through, what are the chances that it messes up my gift card covered items, like if Amazon tries to ship them together or something? I almost want to cancel everything not covered via gift card to make sure I get the console and Zelda.
Quoting for new page. Sorry for being impatient but they're probably going to attempt to charge soon and I don't want to lose the console/Zelda SE.

bumpkin

I'm hopeful that I'll start seeing status changes tomorrow on my Best Buy orders. I have one that's being shipped to my house (arriving Friday), and the rest are in-store pickups on Friday (at midnight). I'll definitely report in here if/when the statuses change.

Wait, so they aren't giving pre-orders priority for stuff that they pre-ordered? Or just not priority for the extra stuff?

Because pre-ordering and then having someone else buy your console would defeat the whole purpose.

No, If you pre-ordered you're garunteed what you pre-ordered. But since it's one line, the five people in front of me could be walk-ins. Those people can buy any of the extra switches and games/accessories. So while I am garunteed what I pre-ordered, there is chance that anything else I might want to pick up (amiibo for example) will be sold out by the time I get to the front to claim my pre-orders.

It's stupid and complicated. It should just be two lines. I'm hoping it is and the guy was just being lazy.

chronomac

that's the case I got, is it suitable enough if I'm just going to be throwing it in another bag when I travel with it?

edit: actually I just read some reviews on amazon and apparently the actual case is not what was pictured. attempting to cancel.
You beat me to it. The straps are vertical and not the diagonal ones shown in the photos (and on the packaging), but that might not matter too much. I'm going to wait and see how it fits on Friday before deciding.

DarkWish

Wal-Mart.com has (had?) the blue/blue, red/red, and blue/red JoyCon sets in stock for pre-order. I got a blue/blue set and it's set to arrive on Friday. That's the main color scheme I wanted, so glad I was able to get it!

phanphare

Banned
You beat me to it. The straps are vertical and not the diagonal ones shown in the photos (and on the packaging), but that might not matter too much. I'm going to wait and see how it fits on Friday before deciding.

honestly the logo on the case is bugging me more than anything. I just wanted a plain black case.

Amazon:

Arriving Friday
Not yet shipped

Best Buy:
Screen protector Status: Shipped
Expected Delivery
Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Zelda Status: Preparing
Get it by Fri, Mar 3.

Pro Controller Status: Pre-ordered
Available Fri, Mar 3. (In-Store pickup)

Gamestop:

Some accessories preordered, going thursday at 7 to camp out for system to use trade in credit and return the amazon order

Gnilres

So everything looks good on my Switch preorder from Amazon

Also bought the collectors and deluxe editions of the Breath of the Wild guide but both say they need time to estimate the delivery date.

linkboy

I did the same, but I'm going to return it. Amazon has the Hori case as a pre-order, so I opted for that instead.

chronomac

honestly the logo on the case is bugging me more than anything. I just wanted a plain black case.
Same but, you know, there's always…

4be92dbb-278a-4bda-87ef-683a03fa13da_1.48f86041e498000ec3dbe8372981a011.jpeg

Bestbuy hasn't shipped my Switch/Pro Controller/Zelda yet

but they shipped my Switch Case & Wolf Link Amiibo.....so i'ma be sitting here Thursday looking like boo boo the full w/ an amiibo and an empty case

DarkWish

Here's what I have coming for myself and my wife...

GameStop (in store pick up):
- Gray Switch Console
- Zelda
- Pro Controller

Best Buy (in store pick up):
- Zelda Special Edition

Best Buy (ship to home):
- Neon Switch Console
- All five Breath of the Wild amiibo

Amazon:
- Super Bomberman R
- Zelda Themed Switch Case

Wal-Mart (ship to home):
- Blue JoyCon Set

Lots of stuff! So excited for it all.

Target fucking sucks. Estimated delivery is next Thursday. Are you kidding me??

mine says that too, have you tried calling their customer service? I did to see if I could upgrade my shipping and they told me I couldn't because it was slated to arrive on Friday, despite what the website says.

hey guys.. has anyone gotten this weird glitch from bestbuy?

A couple weeks ago, I barely missed preordering the special edition of zelda botw. I managed to put it into my kart, but the preorders were sold out.

Problem now is that this game still shows up in my cart(obviously unavailable), and I can't remove it! wtf..Not sure what to do.

edit: nvm.. talked to customer service and managed to get it out of my cart.

Man I really wan to get zelda this weekend. Thinking about cancelling my special edition of botw from walmart. Don't wanna have to wait until next tuesday to friday. ffff

so i keep seeing people talk about having ups hold their package for pick up, searching their website i see this service is part of a premium subsription membership, is there some other free way to do this? wouldnt think there would be a bunch of people paying ups

Memles

Here's what I have coming for myself and my wife...

Best Buy (in store pick up):
- Zelda Special Edition

Question: is there a date listed on your in-store pickup Special Edition? It is the one item I have for in-store pickup that doesn't have a date listed on it, so I'm trying to figure out if there's a possibility I'm buying a regular copy of Zelda and ditching my Special Edition come Thursday night.

JABEE

hey guys.. has anyone gotten this weird glitch from bestbuy?

A couple weeks ago, I barely missed preordering the special edition of zelda botw. I managed to put it into my kart, but the preorders were sold out.

Problem now is that this game still shows up in my cart(obviously unavailable), and I can't remove it! wtf..Not sure what to do.

Clear your cookies for Best Buy. Sign out in all browsers.

While signed out, add an item to your cart and go to check-out.

As you are going to check-out, it will prompt you to sign in. Do this.

You can now exit out of the check-out and your cart should be cleared.

Pastry

Banned
Tapping my fingers waiting for Gamestop.com to update my order status.

Anyone with a gamestop.com order have a status other than 'Open'?

NimbusD

Woo, getting excited. glad I kept my second switch preorder. Was trying to sell it and make a few tens for my trouble if possible, but instead managed to get a friend to buy it from me at cost after convincing him to get the system. Now I got switch friends to do switch shenanigans with.

linkboy

so i keep seeing people talk about having ups hold their package for pick up, searching their website i see this service is part of a premium subsription membership, is there some other free way to do this? wouldnt think there would be a bunch of people paying ups

Swing by the distribution center where you live and talk to them. I did this when I bought my son's bed and mattress from Amazon (would have been a huge pain in the ass for the UPS guy to haul them up the stairs).

They should be more then willing to help you out.

DarkWish

Question: is there a date listed on your in-store pickup Special Edition? It is the one item I have for in-store pickup that doesn't have a date listed on it, so I'm trying to figure out if there's a possibility I'm buying a regular copy of Zelda and ditching my Special Edition come Thursday night.
Yea, it says status "pre-ordered" and available Friday, March 3rd.

Memles

Yea, it says status "pre-ordered" and available Friday, March 3rd.

Thanks—not sure why there's no specific date attached to mine, but hopefully it's just a weird glitch. (I mean, I say this knowing the "alternative" is actually me saving $32 and not getting trinkets and things I don't really need (or could get less expensively, in the case of the case) but still.)

Fodder76

I'm in Austin, TX and I preordered with Amazon. Just got a shipping notice. Earlier than I thought, but it still says it will be delivered Friday. I'm kinda hoping it arrives a day early. :)

Target fucking sucks. Estimated delivery is next Thursday. Are you kidding me??

If it makes you feel any better.. Same with Walmart(at least the most recent special editions that were up the other night).

BTW, do you know when they will be shipping it? I'm guessing on the 2nd?

Top Bottom