• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Does anyone know how best buy does midnight releases? Is it like a normal in store pick up order, or is it a whole dumb ordeal like gamestop?

The store I'm picking mine up from is doing 2 lines. One for preorders and one for non preorders. They received more units for non pre orders so decided to do tickets for those waiting in line. Nintendo is not allowing them to ring people up until 12:01 and they will have cashiers specific for preorders and non preorders. They will have accessories spread out on tables as you walk in to grab and bring to the register to check out.

Hope that helps.

You win by default!! I refuse to buy my 8 year old a switch and he's awesome with his devices. Maybe for Xmas.

Dude, I learned the hard way with our oldest when is "too early" to get them electronics by finding him washing his DS games in the sink when he was five. I put a "must be 8" limitation on personal electronic devices over $50 after that. He's 15 now. Lol.

Gaming, both digital and analog, is one of our families biggest activities. The family that plays together stays together.

Anyone know if Gamestop is getting any extra Master Editions in store? I am assuming there is hope as Gamestop never opened up in store Master Edition preorders. Surely Gamestop would be getting at least a couple of Master Editions? That is unless neckbeard employees are hoarding them for themselves.

ss_lemonade

What time can we go pick up our systems from Best Buy anyway? My order page says March 2.
March 3. You'll probably see your order update (and receive a notification) with a message saying you can pickup your order on the 2nd but they most likely won't let you get it early.

Persona7

Banned
Anyone know if Gamestop is getting any extra Master Editions in store? I am assuming there is hope as Gamestop never opened up in store Master Edition preorders. Surely Gamestop would be getting at least a couple of Master Editions? That is unless neckbeard employees are hoarding them for themselves.

Someone on reddit said their store got two pre-orders due to a glitch where it was available in store for a short period and they didn't receive any. That was just one store though.

Yeh, Portland. Mine is shipping and it will arrive on Thursday.
Happy Valley here. Ordered from Amazon, not shipping out until tomorrow, and expected to arrive on Friday. I've had a lot of luck with getting things shipped in one day from them though from their Uber service, so hopefully I'm lucky.

tebunker

Banned
I noticed that Bomberman is unavailable on Amazon.

Good news?

To be honest I think it is a combination of thirst, short orders, cartridge prices, and a meager list of physical launch games.

Bomberman may pull a full million in this launch even if it is an average game.

Honestly I want to see reviews of a retail copy, specifically from Jeff gerstmann, a quick look is fine. I want to hear what the older players think about it.

Otherwise just give me Super CD Bomberman please on VC

Quick question about Best Buy in store preorders.

I've used 3 different payment methods for the items I preordered. Will they have all my items together when I go and pick them up?

Zelda and switch - BB credit card
Pro controller - Visa card
Bomberman/ 12, switch - 5$ deposits

I'm considering heading up there around 7 or 8 Thursday just to ensure I get my items. I've lost sleep waiting for this damn console and Zelda and took Friday off of work. I can't leave disappointed.

Okay so I have a quick kinda off topic question, I'm getting my switch on friday and I wanted to know if there was a way to have the audio from my PC and the audio from the switch play out of the same set of headphones. My monitor has a line in port and if I am in hdmi moe I can have that audio playing instead of the hdmi audio it also has a headphone jack and I was thinking about buying two 3.5mm Male to Male cables and trying to rig my PC and monitor to eachother while using the hami plugged into the monitor to recieve video from the switch. Would this work, would I be able to have windows output to two audio sources in a way. Thanks in advance.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Honestly through all the stuff that's been going on with the system since Jan 13 I still feel better about this launch than Wii U (not hyped) and 3DS (hyped). Both of those systems had a lot less going for them. Hopefully Nintendo pull through and get us some handheld-like support for this hybrid. On topic: still waiting for that amazon shipped notification 😔

Persona7

Banned
Okay so I have a quick kinda off topic question, I'm getting my switch on friday and I wanted to know if there was a way to have the audio from my PC and the audio from the switch play out of the same set of headphones. My monitor has a line in port and if I am in hdmi moe I can have that audio playing instead of the hdmi audio it also has a headphone jack and I was thinking about buying two 3.5mm Male to Male cables and trying to rig my PC and monitor to eachother while using the hami plugged into the monitor to recieve video from the switch. Would this work, would I be able to have windows output to two audio sources in a way. Thanks in advance.

A mixer would work this way through the switch headphone jack. I've only used hardware mixers but there are software mixers depending on your computer audio hardware/software as well.

NFreak

Quick question about Best Buy in store preorders.

I've used 3 different payment methods for the items I preordered. Will they have all my items together when I go and pick them up?

Zelda and switch - BB credit card
Pro controller - Visa card
Bomberman/ 12, switch - 5$ deposits

I'm considering heading up there around 7 or 8 Thursday just to ensure I get my items. I've lost sleep waiting for this damn console and Zelda and took Friday off of work. I can't leave disappointed.

They'll have all your items together but you will probably need to go through the pick up process three times so they can confirm your payment methods and everything. And when I say pick up process I just mean showing them your credit card/ID for each purchase.

kwabi

If you can't wait for the UPS truck to deliver your Switch, consider using UPS My Choice! I found a deal on slickdeals ($3 for 3 months of UPS My Choice). See here: https://slickdeals.net/f/9522572-3-months-ups-my-choice-premium-membership-3?v=1&src=SiteSearch

The slickdeals post is a bit old, but the promo code worked for me. I re-routed my shipment to my UPS store which opens at 8AM on Friday! You will need to have a tracking number available in order to re-route your shipment.

Some of my Amazon items went from Pre-ordered to Preparing for shipment and then back to Pre-ordered.

FKfcnN.gif

Some of my Amazon items went from Pre-ordered to Preparing for shipment and then back to Pre-ordered.

FKfcnN.gif

Mine has just been sitting on Not Yet Shipped for a while now. Still says Arriving Friday. But I keep seeing people here seeing movement on theirs or a few posts up someone's Amazon stuff shipped already. I'm scratching my head wondering when the movement will happen on mine.

LotusHD

Banned
Go go go go (tho I'm sticking with my Gray console)

I still want a Neon, but I'm too scared they'll end up canceling on me or something, so I'mma just stick to my Grey one from Amazon just in case. It's shipping today anyways, so meh.

Also I'm warming up to it.

Has anyones accessory orders updated from Amazon? I pre-ordered the Hori Screen Protector and Compact Playstand back on February 13th but I dont even have a "Track Package" option available for them. Im a little worried because when I use a regular web browser theres no option but when I use the Mobile app theres a track package portion and on the Orders Page portion it says both are Arriving March 3rd. But then when I actually click on the order itself it says the Screen Protector will arrive March 3rd and then the Playstand says "Email when available." I know the webpage for the Playstand says sold out but it says only orders after the 16th of February would be delayed. If Amazon is a bust does anyone know where else I can get the Playstand because I really need it by Monday.

SRTtoZ

Man I really hope Tropical Freeze is ported over. I'd love to play that on the go or in my house and really enjoyed it while I had a WiiU.

Illucio

Banned
According to Reddit, some of those neon walmart orders are being cancelled so be careful guys

Got my hopes up for nothing :/

With the Triple15 code it would of paid off the taxes and I would be purchasing the console at $297.

No reason to cancel from Best Buy though, I should just play it safe.

Persona7

Banned
Think I am just going to show up at Walmart right when they open so I can hopefully roll in and get a pro controller. I will not wait in line for hours so I might as well just arrive when they open and hopefully I can just grab a controller off the shelf while people are in line for switch hardware. Target opens two hours later...I could hit a second walmart on the way home if I fail to get one first try.

I really don't want to wait two hours for Target to open or drive back and forth.

Think I am just going to show up at Walmart right when they open so I can hopefully roll in and get a pro controller. Target opens two hours later...I could hit a second walmart on the way home if I fail to get one first try.

I really don't want to wait two hours for Target to open or drive back and forth.
Good luck. My store got 5. Most other stores around me have between 5 and 13ish

Top Bottom