• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

bumpkin

Jealous of you guys. I'm not seeing enough shipping going on in my spreadsheet :(

n5hLN8Y.png
Almost 1200 dollars? Good god, man (or woman). I'm excited about the Switch, but fuck.

Made some fairly simple stuff for my instagram to pass the time, thought I'd drop it here.

Does anyone know how widespread Amiibo release are now? Not sure if I want to immediately splurge on the BoTW stuff, but if it's impossible to find later I feel like I have to.

Made some fairly simple stuff for my instagram to pass the time, thought I'd drop it here.

Does anyone know how widespread Amiibo release are now? Not sure if I want to immediately splurge on the BoTW stuff, but if it's impossible to find later I feel like I have to.
It's not like how it was back then. It's hard to say though with the Switch releasing but I imagine they won't be impossible to find.

Alaska sucks, My switch is pre-ordered through Amazon, but I have Amazon Prime and they won't offer their usual overnight/ 2 day shipping. so my estimated delivery s between the 6th and 9th, with a estimated shipping on launch day. Is this just a place holder date or am I gonna have to wait like an asshole :/

Almond

Come on, Aamzon. It's March 1 now, you can go ahead and say it's preparing for shipment now
:(

It's stressful enough waiting to make sure it gets delivered to the right house.

Persona7

Banned
Come on, Aamzon. It's March 1 now, you can go ahead and say it's preparing for shipment
:(

It's stressful enough waiting to make sure it gets delivered to the right house.

No point in worrying until Thursday night.

Hmm...Switch Man missed out on Zelda SE and ME.

rhino2627

Neo Member
so i keep seeing people talk about having ups hold their package for pick up, searching their website i see this service is part of a premium subsription membership, is there some other free way to do this? wouldnt think there would be a bunch of people paying ups

You can join UPS MyChoice for free. There is a premium option but it isn't necessary to hold a package. I've done it many times for iPhone launches and have never been charged a dime.

So wait for Best Buy in store pickup, shouldn't we be expecting our order status' to change tomorrow (Wednesday)? Or will this not happen until Thursday night?

Just wondering because mine is doing a midnight launch Thursday.

RootCause

Alaska sucks, My switch is pre-ordered through Amazon, but I have Amazon Prime and they won't offer their usual overnight/ 2 day shipping. so my estimated delivery s between the 6th and 9th, with a estimated shipping on launch day. Is this just a place holder date or am I gonna have to wait like an asshole :/
Silly question. do they let you upgrade shipping?

Don't want to get your hopes up. But my ps4 arrived earlier than the estimated arrival date. With that said, they screwed me with Horizon which is now scheduled to arrive on Monday. :/

Qblivion

Does anyone know how best buy does midnight releases? Is it like a normal in store pick up order, or is it a whole dumb ordeal like gamestop?

sadromeo

It seems like for anyone that did not get a chance to pre-order a Switch, they have some choices on where to go to line up. Best Buy, Gamestop, Walmart and Target seem to have small up to decent amounts of allocation for non pre-orders.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So wait for Best Buy in store pickup, shouldn't we be expecting our order status' to change tomorrow (Wednesday)? Or will this not happen until Thursday night?

Maybe tomorrow, probably Thursday.

I did in-store pickup for PS4 Pro and I got an e-mail at 6am on 11/9 letting me know my order would be ready the next day.

Silly question. do they let you upgrade shipping?

Don't want to get your hopes up. But my ps4 arrived earlier than the estimated arrival date. With that said, they screwed me with Horizon which is now scheduled to arrive on Monday. :/

I did, I'm paying 15 bucks more so it will show up between the 6th and 9th, on top of my Amazon Prime sub, I could have gotten free ground shipping and gotten it in like a week and a half.

Does anyone have a Switch preorder from Walmart that has not even began processing yet? I'm starting to worry about that order. Also I hope all your orders are shipping or about to ship. My pro controller has shipped from bestbuy & will be here Thursday.

tebunker

Banned
Jealous of you guys. I'm not seeing enough shipping going on in my spreadsheet :(

n5hLN8Y.png

You, you might have a problem...

I thought I was bad when I realized my total was $660. That was just for the system, extra controllers(extra joycons and pro con), sd card and Zelda, 1-2 Switch and $50 in eshop credit. That should get us quite a while. May get Bomberman later on, Puyo Puyo is much later etc. Maybe a charging grip at some point and carrying case.

But looking at that thing you posted... You're going to be out like $1200 plus. Also why didn't you buy eshop at target and save 5%, or did you have a bunch of GS credit on this?

Jharp

Sorry if this has been asked a million times already: Is there a realistic expectation for when it might be readily available for purchase again? I just cancelled my Wii U preorder for Zelda thinking I'll pick it up on Switch when I get a Switch, but who knows when that'll be? I suppose I'll get it on Wii U again if that version turns out good.

The Lamp

I'm in the same boat.

Just 48 hours left...

Vitacat

Sorry if this has been asked a million times already: Is there a realistic expectation for when it might be readily available for purchase again? I just cancelled my Wii U preorder for Zelda thinking I'll pick it up on Switch when I get a Switch, but who knows when that'll be? I suppose I'll get it on Wii U again if that version turns out good.
No one knows. I asked my local GameStop the other day, and they basically just replied, "it's Nintendo, we have no idea about anything."

Im a huge Nintendo fan!!! $1200 sounds like a lot but...it's like 70% of what I really spent 😅

You, you might have a problem...

I thought I was bad when I realized my total was $660. That was just for the system, extra controllers(extra joycons and pro con), sd card and Zelda, 1-2 Switch and $50 in eshop credit. That should get us quite a while. May get Bomberman later on, Puyo Puyo is much later etc. Maybe a charging grip at some point and carrying case.

But looking at that thing you posted... You're going to be out like $1200 plus. Also why didn't you buy eshop at target and save 5%, or did you have a bunch of GS credit on this?

Used my amazon card at GS to get % back and GS points. I have kids and a pretty great group of friends so the extra joycons and straps were needed. The amiibo are what set me back. But they will be used as decoration more than in game stuff. I've been waiting a long time to make shelves for my pops, amiibo, nendoroids...

The good thing is I budgeted this all out. Been setting aside money here and there once I knew the system was coming. I usually overdo it when new consoles launch. I'm still bitter about getting a day one Xbox S only for every store to sell it in bundles with free games :(

My Uncle told me Nintendo approves of this, and they are truly grateful.
Edit: He also said you might need an extra pro controller, just to be safe.

No. The wallet is in a vice grip...unless we see even more indies!!!

Top Bottom