• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Hinchy

My Amazon pre-order just shipped out. It's using UPS too which is a relief because USPS has become notably more incredibly unreliable and frustrating for me in the past couple of years. UPS also tends to deliver to me earlier in the day as well.

AmyS

Think I am just going to show up at Walmart right when they open so I can hopefully roll in and get a pro controller. I will not wait in line for hours so I might as well just arrive when they open and hopefully I can just grab a controller off the shelf while people are in line for switch hardware. Target opens two hours later...I could hit a second walmart on the way home if I fail to get one first try.

I really don't want to wait two hours for Target to open or drive back and forth.

I'm still thinking about how I'll attempt to get a pro controller.

The GameStop I'm picking up the Switch from at midnight has, on either side of it, a Best Buy and a Target. There;s also a Walmart Super Center nearby. I'm thinking Walmart will be my best bet.

co1onel

It keep coming back in stock on walmart.com for like 30 seconds but tells me my payment method can't be authorized each time

Maengun1

I'm really hoping the single color joycon pairs (all red or all blue) aren't as weirdly rare as it feels like they're gonna be now. I'm getting the grey Switch and I want an extra set of red joycons. So far it seems like grey joycons can be easily obtained (never went out of stock at online afaik), then the mixed pair....then nothing for the monotones

co1onel

That's just a regular site error because of traffic. It's gone, buddy.

No people on reddit are saying they are still able to get one while it flashes up again. I'm guessing its going back up randomly due to cancelled orders from declined payment methods and those who ordered more than one.

Ants

i hope this wal-mart thing is legit. i've been fucked before by nintendo pre-orders. once at wal-mart and once at best buy. i won't relax until it's in my hands.

For anyone who has trouble ordering recently from WalMart.com with a credit card.. Try your debit card instead. My credit card git declined multiple times the other night trying to preorder botw special edition when it was up, and my bank even put a hold on it and thought there was suspicious activity going on.

It worked with a debit card though. I guess WalMart doesn't accept credit cards right now. Credit cards do charge the merchant a bit for every order, so that could be it.

RikuDawn

My Zelda's Master Edition shipped. But my console still says "not yet shipped" and my 1-2 Switch still says "pre-ordered" tho I wouldn't really care if that got here late or even if it got canceled entirely.

Zelda and console still hasn't shipped from amazon.

curious about how much the joy controllers are worth when you trade in them in at gamestop. They have a switch promotion that ends march 19 and I would like to snag a blue set.

Really wanted Neon but I stuck with amazon for a more consistent experience. Look at the people over at reddit sweating over Walmart.

co1onel

For anyone who has trouble ordering recently from WalMart.com with a credit card.. Try your debit card instead. My credit card git declined multiple times the other night trying to preorder botw special edition when it was up, and my bank even put a hold on it and thought there was suspicious activity going on.

It worked with a debit card though. I guess WalMart doesn't accept credit cards right now. Credit cards do charge the merchant a bit for every order, so that could be it.

Holy shit I love you, I changed to a debit card and it worked. Guess we'll see if it gets cancelled now, although someone on reddit said they talked to customer service and was told these are legit pre-orders

FUCK YES!!!

I just snagged a Neon Switch console off of Walmart.com. I just went ahead and added it my cart with all of payment and contact information already filled out. I literally refreshed every 2 seconds in a different tab. As soon as it said in stock, I hit complete order and I got it!

I'm so fucking pumped for Zelda on Friday. Gotta try to beat Horizion by then lol.

100% this. I used a Visa debit card and it went right through. Says I can pick it up from my local Walmart on Friday anytime after 6 PM.

kcxiv

walmart wont take my fucking credit card, its stupid. It i just ordered something on amazon too right after, the CC is good. fucking walmart. lol

NEO0MJ

No people on reddit are saying they are still able to get one while it flashes up again. I'm guessing its going back up randomly due to cancelled orders from declined payment methods and those who ordered more than one.

Hmmm, maybe I was just unlucky?

I have a debit card and it didn't work when I tried it before, which like I mentioned was twice. They charged me and then under a minute refunded me both times.

kcxiv

Hmmm, maybe I was just unlucky?

I have a debit card and it didn't work when I tried it before, which like I mentioned was twice. They charged me and then under a minute refunded me both times.

yeah i give up, fuck it. Ill just try bestbuy at midnight or target in the AM. Fuck Walmart lol

JMY86

I ordered literal seconds after it went live and I still don't have any movement.

You may be closer to a distribution center than me. I'm sure everything is fine Amazon can ship up until Thursday evening for release day delivery depending on where your distribution center is.

sadromeo

Even though I know my Switch and other Best Buy orders are in preparing stage, I am still constantine checking the order page.

I am waiting to see "shipped", please be soon!

sadromeo

The hype and anticipation is really getting to me. I had to purchase the Hori $10 screen protector now as well.

Come on Thursday/Friday, let's go!

Switch Case has shipped from Amazon (to Florida)!

giphy.gif

From my Best Buy console and controller orders, nothing has shipped. Preparing to ship but hasn't budged for nearly 3 days.

Pouring salt on the would, overnight, my Amazon order for a Switch traveling case changed from March 3rd to December (ie, unknown/unspecified).

So far I'm having a wonderful shipping day.

6am and the only thing being prepared is the Wii U version of Zelda. THAT ONE ISNT EVEN FOR ME!!! Amazon hasn't charged me. None of the other retailers have either. My hype is being stabbed in the heart :(

DonShula

You may be closer to a distribution center than me. I'm sure everything is fine Amazon can ship up until Thursday evening for release day delivery depending on where your distribution center is.

I have four Amazon distribution centers within 60 minutes of my home. They can ship stuff at crazy times of day and still get it to me on time. I won't panic if I don't see any movement today.

BooJoh

Amazon shows preparing shipment for BOTW Switch and Zelda amiibo and has charged me for both. System is still on "Not yet shipped" and my RDS case is still saying "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate."

Hype increasing, just gotta see an update on my system.

Same. Amazon still hasn't charged my card, and the pending charges from Best Buy just disappeared. Starting to get worried and angry (worr-gry?). If these retailers crap the bed, they won't just ruin my Switch-mas, but also that of two good friends who I secured preorders for (3 systems total and one pro controller). Gonna be a long day.

I canceled my walmart.com preorder that I placed back in January because it wasn't going to arrive until middle of next week and ain't nobody got time for that. Will just buy one friday morning my store has 8 not pre ordered.

Top Bottom