• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

ctfg23

I'm pretty close to an Amazon distribution center so my orders probably won't ship until the night before release but I'm still checking every few minutes anyway.

Rootbeer

Banned
The dream of receiving some or all of my Switch stuff from Best Buy on Thurs instead of Fri is still alive... but it's dying as still nothing has actually shipped despite all saying Mar 2nd delivery. BB likes to ship last moment due to my location, so maybe there's still hope...

sadromeo

The dream of receiving some or all of my Switch stuff from Best Buy on Thurs instead of Fri is still alive... but it's dying as still nothing has actually shipped despite all saying Mar 2nd delivery. BB likes to ship last moment due to my location, so maybe there's still hope...

I am hoping the same thing. Unless they actually ship on Wednesday, I don't see receiving the Switch until Friday (which is absolutely fine with me too).

Robiin

Mine shipped today, like two hours ago. I know this thread is about US but I'm in Norway, but whatever. I live right next to the postal office, so I expect a message tomorrow morning (so in like 20 hours) that it's ready for pickup! Hyped

It's been 70 degrees in NYC all week- wake up to suddenly see "chance of snow showers 1-3 inches" on Friday.

Mother Nature, don't do this boo.

Koppai

March 3. You'll probably see your order update (and receive a notification) with a message saying you can pickup your order on the 2nd but they most likely won't let you get it early.
They will not let you get it before 12:01 AM on March 3rd.

Woke up to the dreaded email from Gamestop that said,

Our records indicate that you recently placed order number ______________ with us at GameStop.com or EBgames.com. Thank you for your business.
Our system was unable to process your order as your payment was declined by your credit card company. Please contact your credit card issuing bank to resolve the issue or update your payment information.

We suggest using one of the following options for a quick resolution:

1) Contact your financial institution to resolve the issue
Please reply to this email and add the word "RESOLVED" to the subject line ...

But I got the authorization charge on Saturday, the funds ($119.43) read as pending in my bank account and I don't have a "spare" $119.43 on hand short of just up and trading in my FFXV 1tb PS4 for the quick cash.... I replied to the email RESOLVED but intend to call as soon as the Cusyomer Service opens at 9am EST..... UGH!!!!!!!!!!

It's been 70 degrees in NYC all week- wake up to suddenly see "chance of snow showers 1-3 inches" on Friday.

Mother Nature, don't do this boo.

I know what you mean dude. I live over in Jersey down across the bay area and the weather has been pretty nice all week. Checked on it the other day since there's a St. Patrick's Day parade Sunday and it looks like it won't even break the very low 40's.

My amazon preorder (ordered the second after preorders begin) just moved from the 3rd to the 7th. What the fuck Amazon? I just e-mailed their support, I really hope this is an error. I am a prime subscriber.

olimpia84

Do we know how many (aprox) units each Best Buy is receiving for launch day for those who didn't pre-order? Hype is getting to me and I'm considering getting one on midnight release but won't bother if they only have 10 units for 100 people waiting in line.

Question about the GameStop trade in deal. Can I still trade in and get the bonus toward a switch even if it's not available? They're sold out everywhere
I actually just did this with my cousin- you trade everything in toward a "Switch Item." So, he traded $300 worth of games, put a $5 preorder on Zelda Switch, got all the bonuses, and got the rest put on a gift card.

enewtabie

For those sharing your Amazon order status, please let us know if you are an Amazon Prime member.

Thanks,

Possible Friday Switch User

I'm a Prime member and my Switch, BOTW and SD card all say preparing for shipment,will update carrier information shortly. I also live close to a Amazon center in Durham.

RRockman

Banned
I'm a prime member but I haven't been moved from

Arriving Friday
Not yet shipped

I do live in an area that is close to a warehouse, so maybe that is a factor?

linkboy

For those sharing your Amazon order status, please let us know if you are an Amazon Prime member.

Thanks,

Possible Friday Switch User

I'm a Prime member and my Switch shipped (via UPS), will be here on Friday.

It's shipping from Minnesota, I'm in Rapid City, SD.

Can't believe it's almost time.

Arriving Friday
Not yet shipped

Yeah, most definitely. I used to live close to a warehouse and my orders wouldn't even charge/ship until either the night before or the morning of.

ctfg23

Arriving Friday
Not yet shipped

Yeah I'm close to a distribution center too and often have my items shipped the night before I get them.

I'm an Amazon Prime member and most of the accessories I bought are still listed as arriving Tuesday, March 7. I bought a charging grip on 1/13 and a pair of gray joycons on 1/22 and an extra AC adapter in February. A game cartridge case and a carrying case are coming Friday.

But I do live somewhat close to an Amazon distribution center, and often even when I get 2-day shipping they'll ship it out the night before the scheduled delivery date so we'll see what happens.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I don't mean to freak anybody out but I just got this message from a non Switch related UPS shipment.

Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster
Louisville, KY, US

D-Man

I ordered on Amazon (Prime) and my order of Zelda shows as "Shipping now" while my Switch is "not yet shipped". Both say they're arriving on Friday.

Hopefully my Switch order updates later in the day.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I don't mean to freak anybody out but I just got this message from a non Switch related UPS shipment.

Delay in delivery due to weather or natural disaster
Louisville, KY, US

Yes, they got slammed with some horrible weather out there. I hope everyone is safe in that area.

greelay

I'm pretty close to an Amazon distribution center so my orders probably won't ship until the night before release but I'm still checking every few minutes anyway.

Yeah, this describes me as well. But I am still dreaming of getting it early, even though this has never happened to me, from any retailer.

My amazon preorder (ordered the second after preorders begin) just moved from the 3rd to the 7th. What the fuck Amazon? I just e-mailed their support, I really hope this is an error. I am a prime subscriber.
I opened a support chat with Amazon, and my experience was bizarre. The first rep told me that the Switch was sold out, and was immediately cut off. The second said that they fixed the issue, but it still shows as back-ordered. I just now got an email containing this:

Unfortunately, we don't have any more stock of [ITEM] right now, and we're not sure [if/when] we'll be able to get more. The Kindle edition of this book is currently available.

What the fuck?

Anyone getting shipping notices from Best Buy yet regarding games? I decided to ship my copy of 1-2-Switch, since I won't be home from work on Friday until after the mail arrives, and it saves me a trip to Best Buy when I go to pick up my system from Gamestop during my lunch break; but currently, my order is still in "Preparing" status. If I'm to get the game by Friday, the way they claim, they need to get this thing out the door and in transit pretty damn soon...

What weather or natural disaster? I live in Lexington, KY.

I'm assuming they're talking about the front that's currently coming through. I live about 90 minutes north of Louisville in Indiana, and we are currently still under a tornado watch from last evening's storms. It was pretty nasty between 10pm and midnight last evening.

shanafan

Anyone getting shipping notices from Best Buy yet regarding games? I decided to ship my copy of 1-2-Switch, since I won't be home from work on Friday until after the mail arrives, and it saves me a trip to Best Buy when I go to pick up my system from Gamestop during my lunch break; but currently, my order is still in "Preparing" status. If I'm to get the game by Friday, the way they claim, they need to get this thing out the door and in transit pretty damn soon...

I always preorder from Best Buy, and usually it ships the day before and arrives the next day.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Thunderstorms with high winds, some tornadoes around the tri-state area too but those weather warnings pop up on UPS.com all the time and most the bad weather has passed so I wouldn't worry much about.

This isn't just a weather warning.
My package (shipped Amazon prime) is officially delayed. It's mentioned twice in my tracking history. It was supposed to deliver today but now will be waiting.

Hoping this doesn't happen with the Switch.

I opened a support chat with Amazon, and my experience was bizarre. The first rep told me that the Switch was sold out, and was immediately cut off. The second said that they fixed the issue, but it still shows as back-ordered. I just now got an email containing this:

Unfortunately, we don't have any more stock of [ITEM] right now, and we're not sure [if/when] we'll be able to get more. The Kindle edition of this book is currently available.

What the fuck?

Man, I hope the rest of us in "Not yet shipped" don't get this to happen to us. I paid off my Switch with Giftcards so I didn't have to worry about it so I'd be SOL

JMY86

Prime customer and Ohio resident. I got a text message from my bank around 4 am that I had been charged for my order.

Pd3Tt1g.png

West Michigan here, here is my current shipping status:

Amazon:
Gray Switch: Preparing for Shipment
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition: Preparing for Shipment
1-2 Switch: Preparing for Shipment
Super Bomberman R: Preparing for Shipment

Best Buy:
Switch Pro Controller: Preparing

GameStop
Switch Pro Controller: Open (no change since purchased)

West Michigan here, here my current shipping status

Amazon:
Gray Switch: Preparing for Shipment
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition: Preparing for Shipment
1-2 Switch: Preparing for Shipment
Super Bomberman R: Preparing for Shipment

Best Buy:
Switch Pro Controller: Preparing

GameStop
Switch Pro Controller: Open (no change since purchased)

Ugh. I'm Grand Rapids and my Switch is "Not Yet Shipped". Arriving Friday.

Top Bottom