• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

III-V

So at least one person has had Best Buy change status to shipping:

They have got to do it today or I doubt it will arrive on time for me...

K' Dash

Prime customer and Ohio resident. I got a text message from my bank around 4 am that I had been charged for my order.

http://i.imgur.com/Pd3Tt1g.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[img]http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif

HylianTom

Banned
- Louisiana

I awaken to find that Amazon has moved my Master Edition to "Preparing for Shipment." And my credit card has the charge on it. My Collector's Edition guide still needs "a little more time," but I'm not stressed over it.

Meanwhile, Best Buy/UPS' tracker shows the amiibo arriving tomorrow. Neat.

And finally, the local GameStop called me to give a heads-up that my midnight items will waiting for me in a big bag. Looks like I'm all set.

So at least one person has had Best Buy change status to shipping:

They have got to do it today or I doubt it will arrive on time for me...

I'm still waiting for mine to flip too. I'm going to have an annuerism today based on the amount of refreshing I've been doing. I've never had an issue with anything from them arriving late though. So I hope this isn't the order to change that.

Strider

I've never preordered anything from BestBuy but I preordered some Switch accessories from them a couple weeks back...

Since I placed the order I've had a pending charge on my card but today I check my transactions and the order isn't showing on my account at all. Not as pending. Not as charged. I'ts just completely gone away... Not too sure what to think about that...

So yea... Since I'm familiar with Amazon I'm not too worried about my actual Switch but idk what to think regarding my accessories.

I'm a Amazon Prime member with BotW preorders for Switch and Wii U, Hori Premium Screen Protector, and traveling case.

Only the Hori screen is "Shipping Now" with March 3rd delivery.The 2 Zeldas have a March 3rd delivery but status is still "Not Yet Shipped". And the traveling case was previously March 3rd release but changed to Dec. 29th (TBD) last night.

I have the Switch console preordered at Best Buy as well as the charging grip and Pro controller.

All have the status "Preparing" and I signed in as a guest using Paypal.

My location is PA.

my stuff are expected to ship tomorrow :(
Amazon Prme why?? Connecticut

Zelda and the Zelda guide book

but Switch hardware still says expected to ship March 1st

steveovig

Gamestop still hasn't taken the payment out of my bank account yet and it still says the order is open. Should I be worried? I'm going to give them a call later I suppose.

sonto340

when the fuck is game stop going to ship? we are only a few days away now
If you paid for one day shipping then they'll ship out on the second and allegedly arrive on the 3rd

If you didn't pay for one day shipping it'll ship on the 3rd and show up whenever UPS feels like it.

Friends,

If my BB in store pick up status does not change from pre-ordered to preparing by the end of today, I will vanquish myself from the earthly realm.

Yours,
WWR

Cleve

my stuff are expected to ship tomorrow :(
Amazon Prme why?? Connecticut

Zelda and the Zelda guide book

but Switch hardware still says expected to ship March 1st

They expect it to show up friday. Amazon ships stuff the day before for me all the time, makes it by release day no problem.

Checks Best Buy and GameStop to see updates - nothing has changed

troy_whole_brain_crying.gif

TheGrizz

My shipments are preparing for shipment on Amazon.com (Prime). I live extremely close to a distro center, therefore, I assume it won't actually ship until Thursday at some point.

I also have an order placed with Best Buy for in store pickup. I won't expect that to change from pre-order to processing until Thursday as well.

It's going to be a fun day on Friday!!

bluehat9

Gamestop still hasn't taken the payment out of my bank account yet and it still says the order is open. Should I be worried? I'm going to give them a call later I suppose.

Email from them said I'm supposed to get an email 3/2 with tracking info. But it also said they were going to put a charge on my card on 2/25 and they didn't, so who knows?

kahi

Cover, case, and Zelda are slated to ship today from Amazon. Gamestop pre-order of console still in Open stage.

inc77

All my Best Buy Switch pre-order games (Zelda, Bomberman) all shipped out yesterday and scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. The Switch needs to be shipped today to guarantee that I get it Friday. Torture!

ReitStuff

So my Best Buy Switch preorder had been pending on my card since Sunday, but then I wake up today to see that it's no longer pending and I have not been charged. The order still says preparing though....is something wrong!

K' Dash

Hori Tough Pouch -> Not Yet Shipped
Zelda Breath of the Wild -> Not Yet Shipped
Nintendo Switch -> Not Yet Shipped

What the FUCK is happening Amazon?

hoserx

All my Best Buy Switch pre-order games (Zelda, Bomberman) all shipped out yesterday and scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. The Switch needs to be shipped today to guarantee that I get it Friday. Torture!

I've been preparing since last friday! My switch is going to be prepared as fuck by the time I get it! haha

DarkKyo

Nothing I've ordered has shipped yet! (Switch, Zelda SE, Hori screen protector)

You're killing me, Amazon. I hate that they are still in "open orders". I live in MA.. anyone else from MA had their Switch ship yet?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Hori Tough Pouch -> Not Yet Shipped
Zelda Breath of the Wild -> Not Yet Shipped
Nintendo Switch -> Not Yet Shipped

What the FUCK is happening Amazon?

For me it would not be odd at all for Amazon to have not shipped them yet. I would actually expect them to ship sometime this evening, maybe even tomorrow morning... I think I live relatively close to a distribution center.

GameStop didn't charge me but put a hold on my card. I assume we will get tracking like the emailed stated. It said March 2nd.
I got that hold on Saturday but got an email from Gamestop this morning saying that the charge failed. My bank has a pending transaction from them for $119.48... WTF?!?! I'm going to call because now I'm panicking and my Zelda SE is for release day delivery. Thoughts?

Amazon has shipped stuff the day/night before release too

Kinda boggles my mind because why spend extra for one day and overnight shipping, when you can spend less for two day shipping

The difference between those two are huge btw

Lexxon

You're killing me, Amazon. I hate that they are still in "open orders". I live in MA.. anyone else from MA had their Switch ship yet?

My Amazon order is still sitting unshipped, although it's going to Nashua, NH (so close enough!). It is expected to ship today, and Amazon can be a little slow updating shipping status. I wouldn't get concerned unless it doesn't show shipped by tonight, and even then there's lots of folks saying Amazon shipps day before for them all the time (not common for me, even as a Prime member). Even then, Amazon are the kings of 1-2 day shipping, and barring weather or carrier messups, they've very rarely had shipping delays from their estimated dates for me.

My PDP screen protector officially shipped from Best Buy today. No updates on my Target order or my Gamestop's.

Calm down people, there is still two days worth of time for things to get shipped out.
Nah, that'd be too logical.

Kinda boggles my mind because why spend extra for one day and overnight shipping, when you can spend less for two day shipping

It's Amazon. I'm sure they get some crazy good deal, considering their volume.

Calm down people, there is still two days worth of time for things to get shipped out.

It's pointless trying to tell these people to calm down. The train is full speed and there is no stopping it.
If they don't get it Friday by 7 am....They will riot. We'll be seeing 50 threads on how much [insert delivery] service sucks and absurd that they cant deliver in time.

I'm on the non pre order bus, with many options I'm just going to try and wait 2 hours or just walk in.
Not sure if anyone can confirm this but a GameStop employee said they'll be receiving more consoles the day of 3/3

DarkKyo

There's also far less room for error when they choose to zip it out to you in a single day. I've been screwed on getting stuff first day because they decided to do overnight shipping on a two-day shipping order.
My Amazon order is still sitting unshipped, although it's going to Nashua, NH (so close enough!). It is expected to ship today, and Amazon can be a little slow updating shipping status. I wouldn't get concerned unless it doesn't show shipped by tonight. Even then, Amazon are the kings of 1-2 day shipping, and barring weather or carrier messups, they've very rarely had shipping delays from their estimated dates for me.

Yeah you're right, it will probably be fine and we should just be patient. It's just difficult when you've been waiting for this system/game for so long at this point. Also for me I have stuff shipped to my parents house an hour away because I feel it's a safer destination so I still have to drive to get it(so it would suck to drive there day 1 and it not be there).

DonShula

Checked my Prime Now app and my area will have Switch units available for same day delivery on Friday. That (probably) means one of my distribution centers will indeed stock the Switch. Which in turn means I'm probably waiting an agonizingly long time for my shipment notification since my preorder will have all of a half hour transit time to my house.

My money's on Thursday night. I remember my copy of RE6 (the r stands for regret) shipping at like midnight the night before and still arriving on time.

Pastry

Banned

My GameStop order is open but they put a hold on my card on the 25th for the amount of the order.

Top Bottom