• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

I'm going to assume that by this point, Amazon's only going to charge me very late tonight or early in the morning like what they did with my copy of Zelda: Arts and Artifacts

Edit: Just realized that the closest Amazon Facility from my place is about an hour or so, yep, not going to see that tracking update happen until then

Has anyone w/ Best Buy in-store pickup had their status change from "Processing"/"Awaiting Authorization" yet? I'm hoping this is normal...

silentbum

Neo Member
Has anyone w/ Best Buy in-store pickup had their status change from "Processing"/"Awaiting Authorization" yet? I'm hoping this is normal...

I'm still stuck at the same thing. It's probably because system release hype is so high, but it's getting me supremely nervous.

Hoping it all goes through without a hitch.

Not yet. Just for comparison I ordered the Dr. Strange Blu-ray this week for in store pickup and it didn't change to processing until Monday for pickup on Tuesday.

Lexxon

Most of my in-store pickups are still labeled as "pre-ordered", with a couple as "in progress".

I just realized I'm going to need a cart or something to haul out a Switch Console, the giant Master Edition and Special Edition BotW (one for a friend) boxes, plus the pro controller and amiibo. Yikes!

So my pro controller from BB is at the local fedex sort facility. Will Fedex allow me to intercept the package so I get it a day early?
Screenshot_20170301-042243_zpsi0v6lqw5_edit_1488378208509_zpshn2rxmtu.jpeg

shanafan

So my pro controller from BB is at the local fedex sort facility. Will Fedex allow me to intercept the package so I get it a day early?

I have done this before.

I saw that it was at Fedex distribution center on a Saturday, and I was scheduled I get it on Tuesday. I called their number to change shipping information, and I drove there and picked it up within the hour.

It was actually pretty easy and painless.

Pro Controller from BB has shipped!

The actual Switch is still Preparing....fingers crossed!

My Amazon order for Zelda still has not shipped, but it says it'll arrive by Friday. Gonna be a grueling 2 days.

ReitStuff

I called Fedex once to ask if I could go to the local facility and pick up a package a day early and they said no. Not sure if this is always the case though.

Morts

I wouldn't expect most pre-orders to ship until tomorrow morning. In the US, anyway. No reason to freak out yet.

DonShula

Go to the actual tracking page on the FedEx site (not on the Best Buy site) and see if any of the options to customize delivery are available. Sometimes they will let you hold items at the sorting facility. They might charge you a couple bucks (UPS charges for some of those services, not sure about FedEx).

shanafan

Best Buy still has my Zelda Special Edition at processing. Starting to think it's not going to make it by Friday. :*(

It comes out Friday though?

Best Buy has a habit of shipping items the day before it comes out, and it arrives release day. Not uncommon at all.

Kyzer

Banned
People scared cuz their status hasnt changed and people surprised theirs has so early in the same thread. That new console panic smell

PSFan

Well, my Amazon orders for BOTW Switch and BOTW WiiU have changed to Shipping today. The Switch itself is still at preparing for shipment.

Here we go:

- Zelda BOTW sitting pretty with Amazon at: Arriving Friday, not yet shipped. (My stuff doesn't usually ship out until mid-afternoon, so I'll hold my freakout till then.)
- Neon Console all paid off and will be waiting for me after my half-day at work on Friday.
- eShop $50 digital code (for Shovel Knight) purchased and verified in my Amazon account

unbiasedgamer

Neo Member
Heads up, Dont know how this will affect things. Its on the UPS site.

Severe Weather in Louisville, KY, Causing Delays
Severe weather in Louisville, KY, caused a significant disruption to operations at Worldport®, UPS's main hub in the United States. As a result, some shipments may experience unavoidable delays.
UPS is working to move shipments to their final destinations as quickly as possible. You can track shipment progress on ups.com.
The UPS Service Guarantee does not apply when transportation networks are disrupted due to conditions beyond UPS's control.

CRISIS AVERTED!!

Seems the order Gamestop had emailed me about was in regards to my Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 order. I swear my life flashed before my eyes and I hit full panic mode. But the rep assured me my Zelda SE was all good and would be shipping tomorrow for delivery on Friday

KevinG

The more I see the Neon Joy-Con version, the more I wish I had that one on order.

I've been completely content on my Grey Switch, but that Neon...

ncslamm

UPS emailed me to let me know my Neon Joycons will be arriving tomorrow from Best Buy. Makes me wish I had ordered the console for shipping instead of in-store pick up.

Lexxon

Neon Switch shipped from Best Buy, heading to NH!

Not tracking on UPS yet, but I expect it to be there Friday. Best Buy's been good about this sort of thing, although I usually do in store pickup.

Lren

Neon Switch shipped from Best Buy, heading to NH!

Not tracking on UPS yet, but I expect it to be there Friday. Best Buy's been good about this sort of thing, although I usually do in store pickup.

Nice to see a fellow NH resident! My order still hasn't shipped yet but its still early. Friday sounds about right though as I know the distribution center we often get is the one in NY.

I placed a preorder for the Switch at Wal-Mart who says that my order is "Undefined on March 3". I placed my order on February 7. Am I screwed with not getting this thing shipped for launch?

tebunker

Banned
It looks like Walmart has the Neon Joy-Cons in stock for anyone who wants it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Joy-Con-Pair-Neon-Red-and-Neon-Blue-N-A/55449978

Thanks! I didn't want to get up early Friday to go to Target to fight to get a pair of neon controllers and / or a pro controller. Better off just ordering it and paying $4 more for convenience.

So now all I need to secure is an eshop card and we in business for four player snipperclips, possibly bomberman and any other family game.

UPS emailed me to let me know my Neon Joycons will be arriving tomorrow from Best Buy. Makes me wish I had ordered the console for shipping instead of in-store pick up.

Same. Getting the Joycons tomorrow. Guess I get to see how easily I can color mod them a day early! Heading to GA, btw :)

Fracas

#fuckonami
I placed a preorder for the Switch at Wal-Mart who says that my order is "Undefined on March 3". I placed my order on February 7. Am I screwed with not getting this thing shipped for launch?
Check your bank account and see if you were charged. I'm in the exact same boat as you and I was charged yesterday. No update on order. I'm guessing it'll ship today or tomorrow.

Top Bottom