• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Xdrive05

most people that got the grey switch did because they preferred the color or because the neon was out of stock?

I think most people didn't want to be seen in public with a device with neon colored sides. The initial reaction to the colors was pretty negative, and I think most, myself included, actually kinda like the look now. But people preordered the Switch before the neon had time to grow on them.

SiDCrAzY

Almost there. I'm in Texas.

bJrwoJ6.png

EyPtG0a.png

finalflame

Don't freak out about Amazon. If you live in an area where they have a warehouse in your city/neighboring city, your console very well might not ship until the morning of Friday. I live in San Francisco about an hour from their Bay Area warehouse and fully expect my shit to ship either tomorrow night or early Friday.

FZZ

Banned
My package just began shipping

but it's in fucking Kentucky lmao what

cmon Best Buy my ass here in socal smh

it's with FedEx, hope they don't fuck up. Over here I much prefer UPS or USPS

AdropOFvenom

Neo Member
Zelda Breath of the Wild shipped for me (Best Buy, NY/US), still waiting for Switch itself (Also Best Buy)

most people that got the grey switch did because they preferred the color or because the neon was out of stock?

I would've gotten the Grey regardless, I like the colors individually, but my little bit of OCD prevents me from having one with 2 different colors on each side. Now that they're selling same colored sets individually I might eventually bite. I'll probably wait a bit though to see what other variations they put out (ie: Classic d-pad version, bigger buttons version?)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
My amazon orders have charged.
Now it's relax time.

I'll be picking one up from BB at midnight release. The amazon orders are for the flips so it's ok if they arrive later in the day.

I seriously hope my card doesn't deny the Amazon transactions.

That's the only thing I am worrying about right now.

Call customer service and tell them you will be making a large purchase today or tomorrow. That's what I did. They'll make a note of it so they know not to flag your purchase. My credit card company is always denying large purchases thinking they are fraudulent.

Don't freak out about Amazon. If you live in an area where they have a warehouse in your city/neighboring city, your console very well might not ship until the morning of Friday. I live in San Francisco about an hour from their Bay Area warehouse and fully expect my shit to ship either tomorrow night or early Friday.

This is why I'm not worried at all, despite constantly checking it because why not. They even opened up a recent distribution center here in New Jersey, so they could ship it tomorrow night and still have it on my door by Friday morning.

_woLf

All of my Switch hardware just shipped from Best Buy. Console, pro controller, extra joycon set, extra charge cable. One of the most enjoyable spam of text messages ever.

Heading to Washington if anyone cares. It's happening!

10am: My Breath of the Wild: Master Edition and one of my Switch consoles shipped from Best Buy.

I'm in Philadelphia.

None of the other stuff from either Amazon or Best Buy though and I did all the ordering of multiple consoles / pro controllers / Zeldas for my other siblings.

I'm in southwest Florida.

Amazon shipped my Master Edition yesterday from Indiana, scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

My Grey Switch, also from Amazon, is preparing for shipment as of a few hours ago.

I am in South Florida, specifically the Fort Lauderdale area. Hopefully soon....

FZZ

Banned
Man everyone getting UPS and my ass here with FedEx

I personally don't have good experiences with FedEx here in socal

also Amazon BoTW still hasn't charged me yet, but they did do a pending 1.00 transaction yesterday

spock

I notice some people on amazon have there switch listed as "shipping today", mine still says "shipping march 1st", any others in the same boat? Wondering if its worth calling them, etc.

Edit: I'm in New Hampshire if that matters.

Weevilone

My Best Buy Switch shipped, so I canceled my Amazon preorder. Can't be bothered to flip it, so someone else will wind up with that one.

It is arriving 3/2.

Nope, it's likely not coming tomorrow. The second I got my email from Best Buy about shipping, I also got one from UPS, but tracking is different.

Hip Hop

I'm sad I had to cancel my Switch release delivery from Amazon.

Going to miss Zelda, but I'll pick it up once again when more games are out and I hope they add a lot more to the online functions (web browser, Youtube/Netflix apps, etc.). And are the joycon disconnection issues really that big?

Really don't have time to play games right now, so it's best I keep out for a bit.

dearodie

I notice some people on amazon have there switch listed as "shipping today", mine still says "shipping march 1st", any others in the same boat? Wondering if its worth calling them, etc.

Edit: I'm in New Hampshire if that matters.
Today is March 1st

blackflag

She. I preordered from Amazon (when it first was available) that's all that was up. I didn't know about the neon honestly until yesterday. I would rather have it but I assume I can buy other joycons later.

tebunker

Banned
Amazon gonna wait to last minute to ship.

How do you think they save so much money? Dude they are world class supply chain. I almost always defer to their systems because of their scope and range and capabilities. It's amazing to me that they can nearly seamlessly ship millions of packages a day with very small % of error and complaints.

I wish i still lived in RVA bc there are two DCs and a warehouse just south of the city and you can get stuff so fast.

Top Bottom