• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

hoserx

so if you preordered for instore pickup and they charged back in january then that fell off they won't charge again till your actually in the store? Just trying to fully understand exactly how they handle it.

Well, check your statement. They may have just run an authorization on your card, not actually charged you.

Persona7

Banned
I wonder if amazon will put my Zelda SE and Switch in the same box...lol

My hori case and screen protector has a tracking number but hasn't been scanned into the UPS system yet.

Friday, which it should have no problem meeting. I'd say you should be fine as long as it ships by early tomorrow, but I'd expect by tonight.

I'll also add it was in preparing since Monday.

Mine was preparing since Monday, too, so I'd expect it would ship today as did yours. I figure they're going through the orders now.
Thanks for the info.

MrBenchmark

Well, check your statement. They may have just run an authorization on your card, not actually charged you.
yeah it was just a pre auth for the amount and fell off a week later.

Yeah, you'll checkout like you normally would in-store.

Thanks just want everything to go smooth.

Good luck everybody! The hype is getting super high here my son is talking about it non stop he's a hardcore Zelda player.

//DEVIL//

Sorry to ask this againn but my amazon preorder still hasnt changed status to preparing shipment . I am worried . It should arrive on friday as 2 day shipping. Whats up cmon already

Best Buy:
Grey Switch - Preparing
Neon Switch - Shipped (this went into preparing status a few days after the Grey and ended up being shipped before the Grey)

Amazon:
Grey Switch - Not yet shipped - Arriving Friday

I'm in California.

Mrmask

Nothing of the Switch has shipped for me yet. Still says I should receive everything on the third though, so fingers crossed.

Also, on a side note, does anyone know if Japans physical version of "I am Setsuna" will have english subs? I want a physical copy, but only if I can read it.

mjc

Meanwhile, my in store Best Buy orders are teasing me at the preordered status still.

giphy.gif

Persona7

Banned
Sorry to ask this againn but my amazon preorder still hasnt changed status to preparing shipment . I am worried . It should arrive on friday as 2 day shipping. Whats up cmon already

It can ship as late as 10-11 PM tonight and still arrive on time with two day delivery. If they overnight your shipment it can ship as late as 10-11 PM on Thursday night. Nothing to worry about.

Amazon randomly bumped my Pro Controller order from Tuesday to Monday. It's free two day shipping, so I wonder if one day will get it here on Sunday. I'll try my luck in stores Friday before trying.

akileese

Not worried but curious...Has anyone seen any movement on their in store pickups for Best Buy? Normally I'd get an email a week out telling me it's ready for pickup on this date after this time, but nothing yet for my Master Edition and Amiibos.

Additionally, do we know when the deluxe hard cover strategy guide is shipping? i got it from Amazon but I don't even have a delivery date yet.

*** Not sure if this deserves its own thread or not***

Gamestop stores all got emails saying they have to have 100% sell through of all Nintendo Switch systems by closing Saturday.

That pretty much means if you couldn't pick up your system by that time they have to sell it. You won't lose your money, but you'll have to wait until the next shipment.

Kind of sucks, but I don't think anyone here would hold out that long anyway. Also I'm pretty sure they'll call people who haven't and let them know on Saturday that they need to come pick it up.

Just figured I'd share
Cheers :)

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I have until 4PM today to decide on a case for it to be shipped by Friday. Still trying to decide if I want to grab one now or just want until I need one and pick it up at a local retailer.

It can ship as late as 10-11 PM tonight and still arrive on time with two day delivery. If they overnight your shipment it can ship as late as 10-11 PM on Thursday night. Nothing to worry about.

Yeah, I'm not worried about mine. I remember my PS4 order shipped at 11 PM the night before release, and I got it on time. Only launch system I've gotten late was the WiiU from Best Buy. Was like 4 days late and had shipped the Friday before release.

akileese

Gamestop stores all got emails saying they have to have 100% sell through of all Nintendo Switch systems by closing Saturday.

That pretty much means if you couldn't pick up your system by that time they have to sell it. You won't lose your money, but you'll have to wait until the next shipment.

Kind of sucks, but I don't think anyone here would hold out that long anyway. Also I'm pretty sure they'll call people who haven't and let them know on Saturday that they need to come pick it up.

Just figured I'd share

Pretty standard for new hardware. The waiting lists for these consoles is usually incredibly large and if you don't pick them up within a certain amount of time you usually forfeit your right to that preorder. They have the right to change that as the situation warrants.

Tidalwave

Just figured I'd share
They should get hell for this. I'm sure there's plenty of people who can't grab theirs over the weekend. Like goddamn give them some time..

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Oh hey, just found a 10% off coupon in my e-mail from Best Buy but it has to be used for in-store pickup. I assume there will be ample copies of Breath of the Wild to go around on Friday?

Dartastic

Oh hey, just found a 10% off coupon in my e-mail from Best Buy but it has to be used for in-store pickup. I assume there will be ample copies of Breath of the Wild to go around on Friday?
Is this linked to a GCU account or something? If it's not, uh, you should PM me with the coupon. :D

They should get hell for this. I'm sure there's plenty of people who can't grab theirs over the weekend. Like goddamn give them some time..

Pretty standard for new hardware. The waiting lists for these consoles is usually incredibly large and if you don't pick them up within a certain amount of time you usually forfeit your right to that preorder. They have the right to change that as the situation warrants.

:Shrug:

Just passing the message. I figured letting more people know can only help. I'm sure given the heads up people can make arrangements

zaff0796

Neo Member

Are you sure it's 10% off? I received a similar e-mail, but mine stated it was for 10% back in rewards on an in-store purchase.

Everything from BB has shipped except the Switch itself and the Pro Controller (for which I have been charged twice). (FL here)

Still waiting on any kind of update from GameStop about my Master Edition, but I assume that it'll ship tomorrow because I selected one-day shipping.

Yeah someone earlier in thread contacted GameStop and they said shipping starts tomorrow morning.

Okay good. That makes me feel better about that.

Samus4145

Just figured I'd share

That's standard for reserves with them. They only supposed to hold it for 48 hours.

edit: Nothing shipped yet here. Console, games from Amazon are stuck in the "not yet shipped" stage and Pro controller from BB is still Preparing. Amibos for in-store pickup from Best Buy are still In Progress.

Pastry

Banned
Everything from BB has shipped except the Switch itself and the Pro Controller (for which I have been charged twice).

Still waiting on any kind of update from GameStop about my Master Edition, but I assume that it'll ship tomorrow because I selected one-day shipping.

Yeah someone earlier in thread contacted GameStop and they said shipping starts tomorrow morning.

PMS341

For anyone that is curious, Gamestop confirmed to me that my "Open" status Breath of the Wild Master Edition pre-order would be overnighted and arrive on Friday. Shocked but excited. Hopefully Amazon doesn't magically cancel my actual Switch system.

unrealist

Lots of negative stuff ongoing in the other threads (impressions, previews, reviews).. Everything is being painted as - negative stuff gets extrapolated to end of the world / last console for Nintendo etc etc. Positive stuff .. is dampened down to "standard" requirements and nitpicking even.

is this the best thread for a little positive stuff about the Switch I am about to lay my hands on?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Are you sure it's 10% off? I received a similar e-mail, but mine stated it was for 10% back in rewards on an in-store purchase.

OCkRngz.png

I might actually try to use it on a Pro Controller should Best Buy have any left in stock on Friday, figure that won't be getting a price drop of any kind soon.

Top Bottom