• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

I didn't preorder from Amazon immediately because I was torn on whether I wanted one now or later. I eventually decided I do want one, so I put my name in to be notified, and they've never e-mailed me to say they've gotten a larger initial allotment. That seems crazy to me. Now I'm not sure if I should venture out and try to get one from a store, or wait for Amazon to get more.

I didn't preorder from Amazon immediately because I was torn on whether I wanted one now or later. I eventually decided I do want one, so I put my name in to be notified, and they've never e-mailed me to say they've gotten a larger initial allotment. That seems crazy to me. Now I'm not sure if I should venture out and try to get one from a store, or wait for Amazon to get more.

AFAIK, the Switch never went back in stock after the first couple of days at Amazon.

My Best Buy order I made on 2/3 has shipped. I'm in New Jersey.

I thought I was getting real Zen about the wait but, oh boy, did that get me excited.

Just a theory you guys, but if you live within an hour or so of an Amazon distribution center (can check google for their addresses), you probably won't see your orders moving until tomorrow. I live 40 minutes away from two centers and they just aren't moving on my copy of BotW. They'd break street date if they sent it out today.

Smellycat

Just a theory you guys, but if you live within an hour or so of an Amazon distribution center (can check google for their addresses), you probably won't see your orders moving until tomorrow. I live 40 minutes away from two centers and they just aren't moving on my copy of BotW. They'd break street date if they sent it out today.

yeah, I live 20 minutes away lol

Best Buy finally shipped mine (ordered the night they went up, payed with Best Buy card). My Pro controller, charging grip, Zelda, and Bomberman are all still preparing.

My Amazon order was preparing but I requested cancellation on it so we'll see how that goes.

spongy185

Neo Member
My BB order from 2/1 (and just the switch, not zelda which was part of same order) just choked and asked me to re-enter payment info. I called them and theres a recording about the swithc asking you to re-enter the payment info if you got the message, spoke to an agent and they say it looks good on their end...stills preparing, set for friday...heres hoping

Went to Gamestop to pay off my 1,2 Switch, BotW, and Switch Grey Console in full because they called to confirm the midnight release but also to tell me they'd only be holding my console for 72 hours due to high demand.

I don't want to have to deal with any BS come launch day.

I'm not going to hang out with people for 5 hours to wait to pick up something I've already paid for, so I plan to just drop by around 11:30-11:45 and then wait in the line to pick mine up.

On a side note, has anyone's BotW Wii U version shipped from Amazon? Mine has a "we'll give you a delivery update later" notice on it instead of an "arriving Friday" notice on it.

I guess if I get to Gamestop Thursday night and Amazon doesn't ship my Wii U version by then I'll just go pick up the Wii U copy at Gamestop.

McBryBry

All of my stuff (Switch, Zelda, 1 2 Switch, amiibo) is still set at pre-ordered for pickup at my local best buy. Hopefully all is well...

Caponetone

Neo Member
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master Edition shipped from Best Buy
Nintendo Switch Grey shipped from Best Buy

Still waiting on Super Bomberman R and Pro Controller to also ship from Best Buy

I'm in Virginia

Magwik

Banned
Gamestop emailed me today about my cancelled order. It also looks like they are getting the two sided Zelda poster.

Glix

Went to Gamestop to pay off my 1,2 Switch, BotW, and Switch Grey Console in full because they called to confirm the midnight release but also to tell me they'd only be holding my console for 72 hours due to high demand.

I don't want to have to deal with any BS come launch day.

I'm not going to hang out with people for 5 hours to wait to pick up something I've already paid for, so I plan to just drop by around 11:30-11:45 and then wait in the line to pick mine up.

On a side note, has anyone's BotW Wii U version shipped from Amazon? Mine has a "we'll give you a delivery update later" notice on it instead of an "arriving Friday" notice on it.

I guess if I get to Gamestop Thursday night and Amazon doesn't ship my Wii U version by then I'll just go pick up the Wii U copy at Gamestop.

They way mine explained it to me, is that they are opening at 9 to start giving people their "sale receipt". Even though I'm fully paid off they have to do an actual ring up.

So starting at Nine they are going to let you come in if you have a preorder, ring you up, put all your items in a bag with your name on it. Then at 12 they are going to start giving them out.

MrBenchmark

It always used to be from Kentucky, occasionally from Kenosha. Not sure if that will change since they opened that new warehouse by us.

I see a lot of those two. Has that new warehouse opened yet? my case and Zelda from Amazon say arriving Friday but have not shipped yet I'd expect them to charge and ship tonight.

The BB i preordered to pick up at isn't opening at midnight :(

Desperado

Fuck me, for some reason my debit card was declined on my Amazon Zelda preorder earlier this morning. I changed payment methods but now it's scheduled to arrive Tuesday ;(

My Best Buy order I made on 2/3 has shipped. I'm in New Jersey.

I thought I was getting real Zen about the wait but, oh boy, did that get me excited.

Damn. I also ordered from BB on 2/3 and it has yet to ship (Still Preparing). And I live in PA, too.

Also, does it have an estimated delivery date?

How does the midnight release work for Best Buy if I have a preorder? Do they close at normal hours then reopen for midnight? Can I just get there for midnight and pick up the system? Do I need to get there earlier?
Do they charge me when I pick it up?

Last night's Walmart order is saying "undefined," but I haven't gotten a cancellation notice -- am I in the clear?
I'm in the same boat, ordered for store pickup, but still no specifics. Based on what I have seen on Reddit, all preorders from last night are "undefined."

Luckily Walmart is my backup if Amazon somehow screws up the delivery (I am more concerned about the delivery persons competency. If it's amazons own delivery service or ontrac, they have proven time and again their inability to deliver to my apartment office)

hoserx

How does the midnight release work for Best Buy if I have a preorder? Do they close at normal hours then reopen for midnight? Can I just get there for midnight and pick up the system? Do I need to get there earlier?
Do they charge me when I pick it up?

They close at normal hours and begin to prepare for the midnight launch. If you have a preorder, you don't NEED to be there early, as you have something guaranteed. You just might have to wait for other people to get through the line before you get your system. Depending on your payment method, they'll charge you there. Unless you paid paypal, which you would have already been charged.

Damn. I also ordered from BB on 2/3 and it has yet to ship (Still Preparing). And I live in PA, too.

Also, does it have an estimated delivery date?

Friday, which it should have no problem meeting. I'd say you should be fine as long as it ships by early tomorrow, but I'd expect by tonight.

I'll also add it was in preparing since Monday.

They close at normal hours and begin to prepare for the midnight launch. If you have a preorder, you don't NEED to be there early, as you have something guaranteed. You just might have to wait for other people to get through the line before you get your system. Depending on your payment method, they'll charge you there. Unless you paid paypal, which you would have already been charged.

Thanks for all the info.

MrBenchmark

so if you preordered for instore pickup and they charged back in january then that fell off they won't charge again till your actually in the store? Just trying to fully understand exactly how they handle it.

I see a lot of those two. Has that new warehouse opened yet? my case and Zelda from Amazon say arriving Friday but have not shipped yet I'd expect them to charge and ship tonight.

The BB i preordered to pick up at isn't opening at midnight :(

If it has opened, I have yet to get anything out of it. And I order tons of stuff on Amazon. My Amazon order of Zelda shipped yesterday, but it shipped out of NJ...

The BB closest to me (Algonquin) is never on the midnight release list, so I didn't bother with in store pick up. In fact, they never get any of the cool stuff. Pretty garbage compared to the location they moved from... Which used to be around the corner from me. Still burned about that.

Top Bottom