• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Bsigg12

Amazon Grey Switch charged and set to ship today.

Best Buy Neon instore pickup still awaiting authorization but I'm not worried about that one.

KingDirk

Amazon is still showing my Switch and Zelda as "Not Yet Shipped". Don't love that. Customer service rep said it was guaranteed for Friday, though, so I guess I will stay mellow for a bit longer.

TankRizzo

Banned
Amazon just charged my neon console, my grey one is "ready for pickup" at Best Buy and will pick up my extra console tomorrow at Gamestop

Carlisle

No change in BB Zelda+Pro controller order status yet in Eastern PA--still preparing. Amazon Switch order now says "Not yet shipped," not sure if that's what it said yesterday or not, but that could be new. And Walmart just charged me for my case+sp preorder... but still processing. Everything still scheduled for day 1 Friday delivery. Everything's been charged except for the Switch itself.

This week has been rough waiting. One of the topics I gave a lecture on today ended up just being a two hour session of switch discussion. No one is getting any work done.

Amazon still hasn't charged me for the Switch. Zelda was charged yesterday. Both still show as arriving on the 3rd. I have a half day of work Friday which would be great if not for the fact that Amazon shipments usually don't arrive at my house until after 4 :/

Jzero

Zelda hasn't shipped yet from Amazon but it's still early. Still trying to figure out where the hell i'm going to find a switch on launch day.

PSFan

My Switch is on Shipping Now in Grand Rapids from Amazon. Hope they don't use USPS

I prefer they use USPS. I've had nothing but good experiences getting USPS shipments from Amazon. They always arrive along with the dail mail delivery. As opposed to UPS who more often than not show up after 6PM with my deliveries.

I prefer they use USPS. I've had nothing but good experiences getting USPS shipments from Amazon. They always arrive along with the dail mail delivery. As opposed to UPS who more often than not show up after 6PM with my deliveries.

This has been my experience as well.

_woLf

Zelda Special edition shipped.

I'm good to go on the essentials. Bomberman should ship today, too.

I'm really hoping it somehow makes it in tomorrow.

How long can I leave my Best Buy preorder until it gets sold?

I want to see if the left joycon sync issues is a hardware issue, if it is then I would wait until later in the year and just buy the Wii U version to play now. It doesnt look like there is any official comment from Nintendo about the issues and what will fix them. I dont mind waiting for a patch if its purely software since I plan to use Switch mostly handheld anyway, but the latest eurogamer article has me pretty concerned about sync issues given how far away from the TV I will be.

Lexxon

I want to see if the left joycon sync issues is a hardware issue, if it is then I would wait until later in the year and just buy the Wii U version to play now. It doesnt look like there is any official comment from Nintendo about the issues and what will fix them. I dont mind waiting for a patch if its purely software since I plan to use Switch mostly handheld anyway, but the latest eurogamer article has me pretty concerned about sync issues given how far away from the TV I will be.

Usually store pickups are held for 8 days. So Probably until next Friday or Saturday, depending on how they count.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Not. Yet. Shipped.

Ok, gonna head to GDC an try to get some hands-on time with the Switch to distract myself from the excruciating pain of waiting.

HylianTom

Banned
I'm not troubled, just curious: has anyone's Piggyback guide shown movement yet?

I was able to order it on Amazon as soon as it was available, but it's still showing that weird "we need a little more time" message..

bumpkin

Is it in-store pickup? They usually give you a date in the "Ready for Pickup" email telling you how long they'll hold onto your items.

Placktor

My switch on amazon still shows at "Not Yet Shipped". Getting a little worried

Best buy charged my card for Zelda, but still shows as preparing.

Flandy

Just a heads up, my friend has used gift cards to pay off her switch and BOTW special edition a month ago. Everything was fine. She's always done this with launch consoles through Amazon. However, she applied a gift card to pay off her neon joycons, and as soon as she applied the gift card - the status instantly changed from Arriving Friday to Arriving next Tuesday. So just a heads up, even though using gift cards normally doesn't delay shipping, I guess applying gift cards this close to release date WILL delay your shipping. There must be like a delay or process to gift cards or something. Just a heads up

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Getting worried about my Zelda SE on Amazon.

Arriving Friday
Not yet shipped

Just a heads up, my friend has used gift cards to pay off her switch and BOTW special edition a month ago. Everything was fine. She's always done this with launch consoles through Amazon. However, she applied a gift card to pay off her neon joycons, and as soon as she applied the gift card - the status instantly changed from Arriving Friday to Arriving next Tuesday. So just a heads up, even though using gift cards normally doesn't delay shipping, I guess applying gift cards this close to release date WILL delay your shipping. There must be like a delay or process to gift cards or something. Just a heads up

Yup, happened to my Bomberman order yesterday. I called and they refused to put it back on release date delivery. I ended up canceling that order and getting Bomberman at Best Buy.

Oh, it's only because I live in an apartment complex and they just lay packages by my door instead of leaving the pick up slip in my box

Really don't want that much money worth of stuff sitting in the hallway for hours while I'm working

NEO0MJ

So it seems local stores will have it but they're bundling the regular edition of Zelda with it and I don't want that as I already have the SE on preorder, and selling it locally might be difficult.

Mediking

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RikuDawn

Amazon:
Zelda Master Edition: Shipped
Neon Switch: Not Yet Shipped
1-2 Switch: Pre-Ordered
Best Buy:
Pro Controller: Shipped
Zelda Amiibos: In Progress

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Best Buy shipped my Switch and Zelda, still preparing Bomberman and my Pro controller.

Says they'll scheduled for delivery tomorrow (3/2). Sweet.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
twb1451g7tiy.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...you_allows_the_one_nerd_on_staff_to_make_the/

Got an email from BB. My Pro controller just shipped to my house. I'm in Maryland.

My in-store pick up Zelda/Switch still sitting on pre-order. I don't expect this to change til later today/tomorrow.

Top Bottom