• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Lee

What....da hell?

I had $110 in credit at Amazon and tried to apply it to my Bomberman order yesterday, only to have that bump back the delivery date (ended up canceling that order). I wanted to use some of the credit on my Switch, too, but didn't update my order as the CS rep said it could mess with my hardware preorder delivery like it did with Bomberman.

Well, now I went into my account and my credit is... gone. Whaaaaaaaaat? I check my orders and it appears my Switch is "preparing" and the system automatically applied the credit to that order. I mean, on one hand, that's what I wanted and that's cool, but on the other hand, Amazon seems to be going full honey badger the past few days and I don't really know what to expect.

Maybe a preference somewhere? I know on their subscribe & save orders there is an option to apply any available gift-cards to the order once it ships. Didn't think they did that for regular orders though. Glad it worked out for you.

Best Buy Switch I ordered to be delivered to my Bro-in-Law in Texas JUST shipped. One less thing to worry about.
Just waiting on MY Amazon Switch and the blue Joycons I ordered from Walmart last night.

Best Buy:
Neon Switch: Preparing
Grey Switch: Preparing
Zelda: Preparing
Travel Case: Preparing

Ugh...
Wisconsin here, and we are having snow currently

ngower

now I am having second thoughts on my grey switch after seeing videos on youtube. Now I want the neon LOL.

I have the grey and zelda SE preordered for BB instore pickup. Tomorrow will be cold in Michigan, around 20-30s, so not sure if I will get there around 10pm to try my luck to get an extra Neon, or just forget about it and pick up my preordered grey at midnight

I'm sticking with my grey but if there's a neon to switch (heh) on the day of I may do that. Alternatively: I might buy the joycons later to have as a backup pair for parties or whatever.

J4mm1nJ03

SE Michigan - Finally have all of my Amazon items charged and preparing to ship: Grey console, Zelda, 1-2 Switch, Just Dance (not for me, haha), and the Surge case.

Bestbuy Pro Controller for delivery paid through PayPal is still at the preparing stage.

I'm kind of split between like 3 different carrying cases but the fact that the Surge one is seemingly the only one of the 3 I can get by launch through Amazon means I'll probably just cancel the others. The RDS and Butterfox ones are the others I was considering.

Excited for Friday!

Malus

Woop my standard Zelda shipped from Best Buy.

Now to hope that Walmart can come through on the Neon preorders they opened last night.

I'm sticking with my grey but if there's a neon to switch (heh) on the day of I may do that. Alternatively: I might buy the joycons later to have as a backup pair for parties or whatever.

yeah, I hear you. I wish tomorrow would not be that cold and snowy.
Plus I wake up 630 AM to be at work at 715AM.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Best Buy (NY)
SMDxN5b.jpg

Almost Over

Shipped items:
Pro Controller, Neon Joy-Con set, Zelda BoTW, Amiibo Figure BoTW (Archer)), Amiibo Figure BoTW (Zelda)

Preparing:
Switch (Neon), Switch (Gray), Switch Case

Digital Delivery pending:
Zelda BoTW Season Pass

My BestBuy Neon Switch just shipped.

Queens, NY

I haven't bought any game(s) since I still have doubts whether I'll keep it or not. Best Buy has a 15 day return policy so I'll make my decision before then.

how are you all finding out how many switched your local walmart will have?
they seem to have taken the switch placeholder off of the website

Effect

Against my better judgement I ordered all the Zelda BoTW Amiibo since they just went back up con Amazon. Were sold out until now. No self control and likely shouldn't be spending the money. On the credit card they go though.

K' Dash

I feel like amazon is playing with me.

I ordered the fucking Hori Tough Pouch because the PDP one was delayed, and the delivery estimate is fucking tuesday? are you shitting me, one fucking week? Why do I fucking pay Prime? holy shit.

And I go to check on my fucking Switch order... of course, NO YET SHIPPED.

Honestly if your Switch hasn't shipped yet it is time to panic big time. You probably are not getting it. Ever. In fact I just canceled your order where you bought it.

PANIC

h0mebas3

I'm curious, my Best Buy pre-order for in store pickup says "Status: Pre-ordered" but the credit card information says "Awaiting Authorization". Is this normal?

BB FINALLY shipped my Pro controller and charging grip!
BB order of Switch console still in Preparing status. Ugh...

My Amazon orders of Zelda, traveling and screen protector say Arriving Friday but still have yet to ship. Not even a Preparing Shipment status, just Not yet Shipped.

how are you all finding out how many switched your local walmart will have?
they seem to have taken the switch placeholder off of the website

My Walmart taped a sign on the case for their Nintendo section that says they have sold out of all their systems. Don't remember the exact wording, but it SEEMS like they pre sold everything and won't have any available on Friday for walk-ins. Could be wrong...
It's right around the corner from me, so I've gone every morning this week. Kind of have been hoping to grab an early pro controller. All they put out so far is a crappy game case and screen protectors.

spock

Re-posting what I posted the other day as I see some running into the same Amazon issue. Applying credit a week or more ago seems to have worked fine however as shipping dates approached it seemed to trigger a a different processing algorithm.

Using a gift card balance, if the balance covers the item cost in full will count as altering payment information and resets your ship date for pre order items. If the gift card balance doesnt cover the total amount and your original payment method is still covering even 1 penny than the original ship date is maintained. Lost zelda on amazon yesterday paying for it in full via gift card. Found out the details after talking for hours with different reps. Today I was able to apply 297 of a gift card to my switch and that didnt mess with ship date, thats how me and the rep on the phone figured out the whole issue with paying in full vs partial via amazon gift card.

Lame stuff.

Krakatoa

I'm curious, my Best Buy pre-order for in store pickup says "Status: Pre-ordered" but the credit card information says "Awaiting Authorization". Is this normal?

From my understanding this is normal, and they charge your card when you pick the system up.

Xdrive05

Best Buy. Just to be clear, everyone's console store-pickup still just shows "preordered" right?

My pro controller still hasn't shipped yet. *panic intensifies*

Top Bottom