• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Mirand

I couldn't take the Amazon uncertainty with Zelda and switched to digital. At least it's a nice game to have on hand at all times. Oh well.

Mudo

Any thoughts on what time to show up to Best Buy tomorrow to try and snag a Switch? They are doing midnight release and will have extras on a first come basis? I have never done anything like this but am considering it as preorders we're always sold out when i tried back at the announcement

Both my Switches (one Grey, one Neon) and Pro controller have shipped from Best Buy! STill waiting on Amazon to ship out another Grey unit tho :S

Anyone gonna pick up a protection plan from best buy? I'm a little tempted

I'm leaning towards getting Best Buy's protection plan as well. Between the possible reliability issues of the left Joy-con and my doubts over how the Joy-con "attachment mechanism" will hold up over time, I think it's worth $50. Also covers accidental damage too, which is always good to have with a portable system.

What's with Amazon not even listing a ship date on the accessories I bought? The case, screen protector and guide all have "we'll update you with a delivery date once available".

charpunk

Have a neon switch, set of joycons, and a pro controller set for shipping at best buy and the only thing that had shipped so far are the joycons :(

Still waiting for GameStop to ship my Zelda master edition as well. Starting to freak out lol

Bullza2o

Maybe I should just cancel and buy digital then.....
Sorry man :(

Come on Amazon ship my Gray Switch and Zelda SE now!!! I've been stalking my account every half hour haha.

Arriving Friday (2-day ship w/Prime)
Not yet shipped
Paid off with GCs

packy34

Any thoughts on what time to show up to Best Buy tomorrow to try and snag a Switch? They are doing midnight release and will have extras on a first come basis? I have never done anything like this but am considering it as preorders we're always sold out when i tried back at the announcement

At least 12 hours prior, maybe earlier depending on when you start to see a line forming

Received a $30 Amazon gift card from someone and I used it to get a 200gb Micro SD for $40 so I'm stoked!!

Status update:

AMAZON:
Grey Switch console - Arriving Friday - Not yet shipped
Bomberman - Arriving Friday - Not yet shipped

BEST BUY:
Pro Controller - In-Store Pick-up

GAMESTOP:
Master Edition - Open

Effect

Every time my phone notification goes off that I have a new email I get more and more annoyed because it's not a message from Amazon about my order changing.

crpav

Come on Best Buy, how much preparing do you have to do of my switch console order? Everything else shipped yesterday.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I guess all these sites have a Time/Space wormhole to deliver all of these items to everyone. Amazing! ;)

Added a gift card to my Zelda game, it changed shipping to Tuesday. I'm done with amazon after this. Prime has been trash for me past 2 years anyways. Best Buy is my new bff.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
twb1451g7tiy.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...you_allows_the_one_nerd_on_staff_to_make_the/

Ja0ZQ.gif

M-PG71C

My Amazon and BB order all still states arriving Friday. I'll just leave it at that. If it is not there I'll do some first world bitching of the finest order.

RootCause

Lol pay extra for fastest shipping to get your shit after the weekend. Good job Amazon. 👏👏👏👏

Zelda SE "Shipping Now" from Amazon.

So jealous of people that got in on the Master Edition.
And I'm jealous of you. My ME got canned. So I'll be waiting to see if those go back in stock.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Same here. These are some amazing preparations.

Here at your favorite retailer, this gentleman carefully inspects each and every part of every package before it is allowed to leave our facilities. We know this may take a while, but also know that you appreciate our dedication to quality. It may take a while longer than expected for our packages to leave the Preparing stages, but trust us.. it's worth it!
Checking%2Bsheet2.jpg

Seil

My Amazon and BB order all still states arriving Friday. I'll just leave it at that. If it is not there I'll do some first world bitching of the finest order.

I want proper movement because I've had amazon tell me something's arriving Friday when Friday was two days ago before x.x Friday releases make me nervous lol.

Lucario

Switch, Joycons, Charging grip, pro controller, and Zelda all shipped from Best Buy. Due to arrive on Friday.

I am excite

Pejo

Same here.

These are some amazing preparations.

Best Buy = Best Preparations.

My order has no movement on it either. I'm not that worried though, At least I know I'll eventually get a Switch, unlike when I was worried about my limited edition stuff that they were fishy about.

eculley

Neo Member
Gamestop.com - Gray Joy-Con (non bundle), still says open for order status.

Here is an oddity - I got an email stating my order was on hold becuase my card was declined. I checked my credit card statement and there was a auth hold from Gamestop. I called my card company and they told me Gamestop attempted to place a second hold and they declined it and that the first was in fact a charge. I called Gamestop and they ensured me it was NOT a charge. So here I am, broke student with a auth hold on my card, hoping they dont try and bill me again before shipping because it will get declined. I hope its a charge and the order is fine. Gamestop says its fine, but I am worried D:

Effect

Going back through some of my past recent preorders and noticed a number of them don't ship until the day before they're suppose to be delivered (release day delivery) when I used Amazon Prime. At least according the emails I got when I look at the dates. So maybe I'll get some change tonight or tomorrow morning. If nothing then I'll likely panic and get super pissed. In Pennsylvania. I did do a search and noticed I have a amazon center 30 minutes from me but I don't think my orders have ever originated from there though.

Got

Banned
Master Edition Zelda is marked as shipping today on Amazon. Waiting on the system itself to update. As a side note, I got the cancelled order e-mail from Amazon, but it never actually showed as cancelled.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
What....da hell?

I had $110 in credit at Amazon and tried to apply it to my Bomberman order yesterday, only to have that bump back the delivery date (ended up canceling that order). I wanted to use some of the credit on my Switch, too, but didn't update my order as the CS rep said it could mess with my hardware preorder delivery like it did with Bomberman.

Well, now I went into my account and my credit is... gone. Whaaaaaaaaat? I check my orders and it appears my Switch is "preparing" and the system automatically applied the credit to that order. I mean, on one hand, that's what I wanted and that's cool, but on the other hand, Amazon seems to be going full honey badger the past few days and I don't really know what to expect.

My pro controller shipped yesterday from Best Buy but my console still says it's "preparing." Should I be worried at this point?

I'm probably more anxious than I should be.

kahi

Gamestop.com - Gray Joy-Con (non bundle), still says open for order status.

Here is an oddity - I got an email stating my order was on hold becuase my card was declined. I checked my credit card statement and there was a auth hold from Gamestop. I called my card company and they told me Gamestop attempted to place a second hold and they declined it and that the first was in fact a charge. I called Gamestop and they ensured me it was NOT a charge. So here I am, broke student with a auth hold on my card, hoping they dont try and bill me again before shipping because it will get declined. I hope its a charge and the order is fine. Gamestop says its fine, but I am worried D:

Yeah,I've had zero movement on Gamestop order. Amazon shipped Zelda, screen protector, & case though!

MechaDekka

Neo Member
Does anyone know how reliable GameStop is with their shipping? I ordered my pro controller from them and have never used them before.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Just contacted Amazon.

My Switch is not available at the closest fulfillment center. Shipping from some other center. Will be shipped "within tomorrow with upgraded shipping method and will be delivered by guaranteed day (Friday)".

Hopeful after the detailed response.

now I am having second thoughts on my grey switch after seeing videos on youtube. Now I want the neon LOL.

I have the grey and zelda SE preordered for BB instore pickup. Tomorrow will be cold in Michigan, around 20-30s, so not sure if I will get there around 10pm to try my luck to get an extra Neon, or just forget about it and pick up my preordered grey at midnight

Top Bottom