• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

iyox

Any idea if GameStop will call those who preordered and let them know what the plan is? I was planning on just showing up at midnight, but seems like people in the thread have discovered alternative procedures.

PolishQ

I got an email from Gamestop back on 2/21 that said to expect a shipping notification email with tracking number on March 2nd. So it's apparently normal that nobody's Gamestop order has shipped yet.

Ponn

Banned
I feel like amazon is playing with me.

I ordered the fucking Hori Tough Pouch because the PDP one was delayed, and the delivery estimate is fucking tuesday? are you shitting me, one fucking week? Why do I fucking pay Prime? holy shit.

And I go to check on my fucking Switch order... of course, NO YET SHIPPED.

It's funny watching people continually panic with video game preorders and Amazon. Every time. I understand weird shit has happened with Zelda and Amazon but everyone keep in mind with release day shipping and Amazon it is very common for them to use next day shipping with orders. Your order may not show shipped till 8 o'clock tomorrow night but you would still get it Friday. People just chill before doing something to make it worse for yourselves.

DonShula

Just for fun, I went back to my launch PS4 order (from Amazon) to compare shipping timeframes. PS4 released on 11/15/13. Mine shipped 11/14 at 4:46pm and arrived on 11/15. I live very close to several distribution centers.

Moral of the story is not to panic today :)

I got an email from Gamestop back on 2/21 that said to expect a shipping notification email with tracking number on March 2nd. So it's apparently normal that nobody's Gamestop order has shipped yet.
I was coming to ask this as well, but it seems like tomorrow is when GameStop will be shipping out their stuff.

Amazon still hasn't shipped :(

When does Amazon usually ship you products for release day delivery?

Mine hasn't shipped yet, but I'm not really worried. I always get a shipping notification for new video games like 7-8PM the night before release, and they've always been delivered on-time (Central Florida). Not sure if it's like that everywhere, but yeah.

Patience.

Me right now waiting for Best Buy.

PRE-ORDERED PRE-ORDERED PRE-ORDERED! CHANGE TO PREPARING! SOMETHING!

8sJwVeO.jpg

My copy of 1 2 Switch hasn't moved to preparing yet but I'm not too concerned since Amazon usually ships late to me and it always comes on launch day. Also I'm in Nothern NJ

RootCause

I feel like amazon is playing with me.

I ordered the fucking Hori Tough Pouch because the PDP one was delayed, and the delivery estimate is fucking tuesday? are you shitting me, one fucking week? Why do I fucking pay Prime? holy shit.

And I go to check on my fucking Switch order... of course, NO YET SHIPPED.
lol I've been a prime member for 6 years, and opted paying for faster shipping. And it looks like I won't get it until Monday. Freaking USPS. 🤦

RikuDawn

Amiibos just shipped from Best Buy. All I'm really waiting for is the console on Amazon. I mean 1-2 Switch too but honestly that can wait.

Armaly

Called Amazon support and the PDP starter kit isn't shipping until 3/3 so expect it between the 6th and the 10th.

Edit: His reasoning was some of the accessories didn't have release date delivery, they just come out on 3/3.

BooJoh

Prime member in NC here. My BOTW and amiibo that previously said Preparing have reverted back to "Arriving Friday Not yet shipped" and "Arriving Fri, Mar 3 Pre-ordered." Both those and my system (which still hasn't been charged) still say "Expected to ship Mar 1" so I'm not panicking. ...yet.

Just doubled checked with Amazon to make sure I'm all set with getting the console on Friday, and they gave me free one day shipping. This also moved my ship date to March 2nd instead of today. Not too worried about it since I live near a shipping center and it was prob going to ship tomorrow anyways.

Kevin

Ordered a copy of Zelda from Wal-Mart with a listed March 3rd arrival but still no movement at all. I doubt I'll be seeing it this Friday. I also have a special edition order in. I'm thinking about just canceling the regular copy and waiting for the special edition copy which says it will arrive next Wednesday but man I really was hoping to finally play this Friday.

Well that was surprising. My Neon Blue JoyCons just shipped from Best Buy and it was the last one that went from pre-ordered to preparing by a huge amount of time compared to everything else. I wonder if the JoyCons aren't shipping from the same distribution center. Nothing else has been shipped.

javadoze

Gamestop: [Switch Console] Called and supposedly it's preparing to be shipped.

BestBuy: [Breath of the Wild] Order status says it shipped!

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
This thread, man. At this point I'm convinced it would have been less stress to just line up somewhere at release then deal with waiting for shipping, wondering what carrier will pick it up, etc.

Ponn

Banned
Just doubled checked with Amazon to make sure I'm all set with getting the console on Friday, and they gave me free one day shipping. This also moved my ship date to March 2nd instead of today. Not too worried about it since I live near a shipping center and it was prob going to ship tomorrow anyways.

Do you mean you talked to them and they changed your shipping method to one day shipping? Did you have release day shipping before that?

TZchassis

micro SD card, wolf link amiibo, neon joy-cons, pro controller all shipped. Switch status is preparing.
I want my console early Friday before my mail room closes , don't disappoint me Best Buy.

ds8k

I ordered from GameStop and paid for release-day delivery. If it doesn't show up on Friday I'm gonna be pissed.

Best Buy order of BotW hasn't changed, and Amazon hasn't shipped my Neon JoyCon.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Just contacted Amazon.

My Switch is not available at the closest fulfillment center. Shipping from some other center. Will be shipped "within tomorrow with upgraded shipping method and will be delivered by guaranteed day (Friday)".

Hopeful after the detailed response.

Update:

So after being transfered to three different compartments of Best Buy's customer service, I found out my order of BOTW, 1,2 Switch, and Pro controller will be shipping "between 4PM central time today and 10AM central time tomorrow".

Both companies are being oddly specific. It's the only reason I'm not freaking out right now.

DonShula

Update:

So after being transfered to three different compartments of Best Buy's customer service, I found out my order of BOTW, 1,2 Switch, and Pro controller will be shipping "between 4PM central time today and 10AM central time tomorrow".

Both companies are being oddly specific. It's the only reason I'm not freaking out right now.

This is not the first rodeo for either one of them.

Update:

Not to be a dick but why are you calling and probably annoying these people? Do you have reason to believe your preorder won't arrive on time like everyone else's preorder?

Not to be a dick but why are you calling and probably annoying these people? Do you have reason to believe your preorder won't arrive on time like everyone else's preorder?

I ordered a launch PS4 from Amazon. They lost it. Then they waited to try and find the other one. Then they finally sent me a new one.

It took a week.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
This is not the first rodeo for either one of them.

Haha well sure, but usually when I call customer service they just give me the run around and provide vague answers based off of whatever my online order status currently says. It's unusual for either to provide me with specific details that aren't already provided on the website.

Exactly.

The people constantly calling and harassing people about their consoles are ridiculous.

Unless you have a payment or other legitimate issue, you should not be calling these places.

Edit : One second after I posted this, I got the shipping confirmation for my gray switch from Best Buy.

Calm yourselves.

Best But shipped my Switch about an hour ago, but I can't find the charge on my Credit Card's account history. Probably just a delay, but I would assume the charge would show up pretty quickly. I've seen charges show up almost instantly for Amazon pre-orders.

Ponn

Banned
Exactly.

The people constantly calling and harassing people about their consoles are ridiculous.

If you have a payment or other legitimate issue, you should not be calling these places.

They are also going to end up screwing themselves by messing up their order having CS agents accessing and possibly changing something they shouldn't. That one poster above who called and the CS agent changed it to one day shipping might have just screwed themselves from getting it on release day shipping now. Those are specially flagged for a reason with release day shipping so they can process first and quicker than any other orders before release day. Seriously people, chill the fuck out.

ThatMattZ

Got one preordered at Gamestop.com and Amazon. Neither have shipped yet. Do I have anything to be worried about yet?

Nah, Gamestop orders should be shipping out tomorrow. If you have overnight shipping you will get it release day. I've had a lot of release day deliveries from Amazon that have shipped the day before too.

I live outside Chicago so we have a few warehouses near us. So things tend to ship late but still arrive on release day.

Top Bottom