• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Gaffers in this thread right now:

coffee-sylvester-cat.gif

Been me all week. Stay strong guys.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Anyone's Best Buy still Preparing for their console? Should I call?
Mine is and all the rest of my stuff (3 games, 2 amiibo, and 1 pro controller) is still in progress. Not to worried about it cause they shipped my copy of Horizon on Monday afternoon and I got it on Tuesday.

TI82

Banned
Breath of the wild and my pro controller are out for delivery. When I get home tonight I'll post some cool pics for you all.

Do you mean you talked to them and they changed your shipping method to one day shipping? Did you have release day shipping before that?

Not sure if he even changed anything tbh. Looks like he just refunded me for shipping expenses (not a prime member). But its actually preparing for shipping now, before it was just hanging out. So i think im all good.

It's funny watching people continually panic with video game preorders and Amazon. Every time. I understand weird shit has happened with Zelda and Amazon but everyone keep in mind with release day shipping and Amazon it is very common for them to use next day shipping with orders. Your order may not show shipped till 8 o'clock tomorrow night but you would still get it Friday. People just chill before doing something to make it worse for yourselves.

Rational perspective. That said I don't like being charged for something that doesn't even have a shipping label yet. If they fuck up and don't ship on time, I won't have a system until Monday and I can't just make other plans to buy locally because they already charged me for $700 of Switch stuff.

Call customer service and tell them you will be making a large purchase today or tomorrow. That's what I did. They'll make a note of it so they know not to flag your purchase. My credit card company is always denying large purchases thinking they are fraudulent.

Thanks for that, relieved just a bit off of anxiously waiting for Amazon to ship the orders.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Not to be a dick but why are you calling and probably annoying these people? Do you have reason to believe your preorder won't arrive on time like everyone else's preorder?

Well that's what the service is for, to answer customer questions. I wasn't calling to be argumentative or "annoying", just trying to find out any further information on my orders.

And yes I do have reason to believe my preorders might not arrive on time. Amazon has my Switch listed as two day shipping and usually the item would have already been shipped or at least charged to my card at this point if it was going to make it by Friday with two day shipping. On the other side, Best Buy charged my card on Sunday and has still yet to ship my items (stuck in processing), and has already placed delivery delays on my last two release day orders.

I don't feel like I'm out of line to place a call to customer service at this point in time, or honestly any point in time regarding an item I paid for.

ViciousDS

Banned
So I swear to living fuck GameStop had free release date shipping and kept checking my order.

I now just noticed this shitty little tidbit, god fuck you gamestop. Glad I have one in store but now my cousin has to wait

On 3/2, you will receive an email from GameStop which will contain the tracking information for your Nintendo Switch order. Based on the shipping method that you selected, you should expect to receive your order by Monday, 3/6!

Want to get your Nintendo Switch on launch day? You can simply reply to this email, and a representative will be in touch with you within 24-48 hours! Keep in mind that additional charges may apply when upgrading your shipping method.

Ponn

Banned
Not sure if he even changed anything tbh. Looks like he just refunded me for shipping expenses (not a prime member). But its actually preparing for shipping now, before it was just hanging out. So i think im all good.

Ok so you didn't have Prime, whew, hope it works out for you then. FYI though for the future CS usually doesn't understand the difference between one day shipping and release day shipping and they think they are being helpful when in fact they can be making it worse so people need to be careful with changes right now, especially now.

Just because you're status screen may not reflect something an order could be queued up in a shipping dept. and making changes could get it pulled and slapped to the back of the line. While it may be entertaining to watch all this hysteria today and tomorrow, reading the disappointment on Friday won't be.

So I swear to living fuck GameStop had free release date shipping and kept checking my order.

I now just noticed this shitty little tidbit, god fuck you gamestop. Glad I have one in store but now my cousin has to wait
They've never had free release day shipping, at least not on the 4-5 of my last pre-orders. My last order was for Tales of Berseria CE and that's only because amazon dropped the ball hard and cancelled my order.

ss_lemonade

Finally received a shipped email from best buy for both the Switch and Zelda. I was wondering though: will UPS require a signature/someone to be home to receive the package?

looks like my local walmart is getting 10 neons and 14 greys in stock on launch day. i might just stop by and see if i can snag a neon.

anyone know how console launches work at 24/7 walmarts?

patientx

Guys, do you think it is possible that with a nintendo japan account -without any 3ds/wiiu registered to it- we can use it to register the device with and use it outside japan to download demos from japanese eshop ? I have a US account actually but thinking this might work to try some demos/stuff in JP eshop.

What do you think ?

Ok so you didn't have Prime, whew, hope it works out for you then. FYI though for the future CS usually doesn't understand the difference between one day shipping and release day shipping and they think they are being helpful when in fact they can be making it worse so people need to be careful with changes right now, especially now.

Just because you're status screen may not reflect something an order could be queued up in a shipping dept. and making changes could get it pulled and slapped to the back of the line. While it may be entertaining to watch all this hysteria today and tomorrow, reading the disappointment on Friday won't be.

Yeah I appreciate that. I just asked for a status update and he just changed it without even asking lol. Seemed like he was in a rush to get off the chat. Hopefully no one runs into an issue with this

Defect

Best Buy Pro controller shipped.

Now I wait for my GameStop Neon Switch and Zelda ME and Amazon Grey Switch and Zelda SE.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
People are being charged and preparing shipment from amazon and nothing so far for me :( sigh lol

I never get notifications from Amazon until the night before. Don't worry.

Seriously, I'm guessing I won't get a shipped notification until tomorrow at like 7-8pm.

This is especially true if you live close to a warehouse. I'm about 45 minutes from a major Amazon distro center.

Top Bottom