• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

shanafan

SE Michigan here.. Switch has shipped! ETA is Friday.

Pro controller and Link Archer amiibo still in preparing status.

Kawngi

Best Buy just shipped out my copy of Zelda :D

Just waiting for Amazon to switch the console from PFS to Shipped and I can finally ease my mind a bit, haha

mStudios

HAHAHA

MIq8Sel.png

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
All three Switch items (Zelda SE, Pro Controller, and Bomberman) have shipped now. Surprisingly though each has its own shipping code... they really split all my items up instead of shipping them as one? Seems kinda wasteful but whatever.

All three Switch items (Zelda SE, Pro Controller, and Bomberman) have shipped now. Surprisingly though each has its own shipping code... they really split all my items up instead of shipping them as one? Seems kinda wasteful but whatever.

Probably just coming from different warehouses.

My Amazon Switch just shipped a few minutes ago, woo.

norm9

My Amazon order hasn't shipped yet, but it still says arriving by the 3rd. I've got the day off Friday so it better be on my doorstep FedEx, not some We Missed You paperslip bullshit.

//DEVIL//

I never get notifications from Amazon until the night before. Don't worry.

Seriously, I'm guessing I won't get a shipped notification until tomorrow at like 7-8pm.

This is especially true if you live close to a warehouse. I'm about 45 minutes from a major Amazon distro center.

I dont know where is amazon warehouse in NY lol.

SRTtoZ

Best Buy Order:

Nintendo Switch - Gray
Zelda BOTW Swich
Official Nintendo Carrying Case
Set of Red Joy-Cons

BestBuy marked my switch as shipped with tracking "awaiting ups pickup"

Pretty much means they printed the label and are waiting for UPS to pick it up from the warehouse :)

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
My GameStop is doing a midnight launch. Man, I'm seriously thinking of blowing off work Friday since there won't be any overtime and I'll get paid anyway.

I have to work Saturday so at least I'll get a decent day to screw around with the system.

RootCause

My Amazon order now says arriving Tuesday!! Motherfuckers. Last time I pre-order on Amazon. :
Mine is on Monday. I'm hoping for a switchmas miracle. I got my ps4 earlier than the estimated time. But yeah, I think I'm done for Amazon system preorders. Unless it's a last resort.

joeposh

It seems that people are able to change the shipping address for a Switch on Amazon without issue, but if I have a copy of Zelda BOTW in the same order, would I risk pushing that ship date back? Deciding whether to change it to my office address.

Lexxon

Has anyone seen any movement whatsoever from any Target or Walmart orders? I have 3 systems between those stores, one for pickup from Walmart, all for friends or friends of friends. So far they're all estimated sometime next week, possibly while I'm gone at PAX...

PSFan

Welp, just got another BB email saying that my Zelda and Bow Link amiibos have shipped. Just waiting on the pro controller now. It still in Preparing stage, even though it was part of the order that had my charging grip, which has shipped.

wanders

Both my Switches (one Grey, one Neon) and Pro controller have shipped from Best Buy! STill waiting on Amazon to ship out another Grey unit tho :S

I'm leaning towards getting Best Buy's protection plan as well. Between the possible reliability issues of the left Joy-con and my doubts over how the Joy-con "attachment mechanism" will hold up over time, I think it's worth $50. Also covers accidental damage too, which is always good to have with a portable system.

it's funny I used to work at Best Buy but I would never recommend the protection plan to friends because it was so expensive and the probability of an accident occurring is low but I'm really considering it for the switch. 😩😩😩

$50 for two years of accidental coverage; would you guys do it?

Sylas

I will say, depending on where you are in the US that there's a nasty-ass storm that's doing some serious damage. Don't necessarily expect delays but don't be too surprised if you live in the east coast.

forrest

formerly nacire
My wife just set up a gathering and dinner with my mother some other family members on Friday.

OmVl8hI.gif

Tell me about it man! We haven't had shit going on at all socially for weeks and all of the sudden there is a Friday after work function my wife wants me to come to followed by a Friday night bday dinner by a friend, and another friend is throwing a party on Sunday.

One3OneKing

Neo Member
I know this will be lost among the excitement and I swear I'm just as excited, but Amazon knows what they're doing. This is likely not even close to one of their busiest launches or busy times of year. If your delivery date is 3/3, then you'll get it then. Worrying yourself to death on when exactly it ships, where it's shipping from, etc. is only going to drive you mad and is likely a very simplified, idea of how their logistics work to get you your Switch on-time.

I've seen people say they're never ordering from Amazon again simply because another retailer started shipping out earlier than them. That's crazy. Chatting with agents and trying to dig for further info when you're still on track for 3/3 is kinda ridiculous. There's like a 99% chance you'll get your Switch on-time. So just relax everyone. 3/3 is only 2 days away. Happy Switch'ing :)

spock

It seems that people are able to change the shipping address for a Switch on Amazon without issue, but if I have a copy of Zelda BOTW in the same order, would I risk pushing that ship date back? Deciding whether to change it to my office address.

Honestly I would not mess with it. I lost zelda on release from Amazon buy paying for it with a gift card the other day, seems like any change can screw things up at this point.

spock

it's funny I used to work at Best Buy but I would never recommend the protection plan to friends because it was so expensive and the probability of an accident occurring is low but I'm really considering it for the switch. 😩😩😩

$50 for two years of accidental coverage; would you guys do it?

Does anyone know if Amazon offer this and can it be done after purchase/shipping

Best Buy FINALLY shipped the Switch! Also shipped my Pro controller and charging grip and couple hours prior from BB as well.

It all comes down to Amazon. Will they ship my game and cases on time?

Alright, I'm out of here.

Not sure if it's just kids who have never ordered anything online before, but some of you guys are insufferable.

You will get your consoles on Friday as long as there aren't any payment issues or something major like that.

People have been getting shipping notifications at random times throughout the day and that will continue into tomorrow. Especially from Amazon.

hoserx

Well, if this thread shows you anything, for best buy at least, it isn't about when you ordered your switch.... it's about where you are geographically.

Top Bottom