• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

HAHAHA

MIq8Sel.png
jimmy-mcnulty.gif

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Just put in an in-store pickup order for 1,2,Switch at Best Buy. Apparently I had a promo $10 gift card still attached to my account from January. Bonus.

Gonna drop in on Friday to nab Zelda and use the 10% off coupon I have. Hopefully it stacks.

Still rather bummed I missed out on that Visa Checkout deal...I'm purposely holding myself back from spending too much at launch because of it.

R0ckman

What the hell? On Amazon my Bomberman is about to ship but my Zelda and Switch are on "not shipped yet" WTF is going on? Some of my accessories comfirmed for March 3rd are also not getting ready. I thought everything comes grouped together.

Via Best Buy, my copy of Zelda has shipped but not my Switch. Still says get by March 3rd. I assumed Zelda would arrive via USPS and the delay for the Switch was because it would come FedEx or UPS but now I see that the tracking number from Best Buy is a UPS number.

Worried.

maxcriden

My Amazon order now says arriving Tuesday!! Motherfuckers. Last time I pre-order on Amazon. :

Mine is on Monday. I'm hoping for a switchmas miracle. I got my ps4 earlier than the estimated time. But yeah, I think I'm done for Amazon system preorders. Unless it's a last resort.

Really sorry to hear it, to both of you. Did they already ship? If both might not be too late to contact Amazon to see if they can expedite?

You could also try getting it in store day one, like at Target or WM or even BB or GS (I expect these stores to have much less stock), if you call your local stores you can maybe see how many they'll have and if they're selling at midnight. Then you could just return the Amazon one when it comes.

Amazon is telling me Friday, UPS says Monday. It's currently in Omaha, I'm in Rapid City.

If it takes 5 days to go 7 hours, UPS can fuck right off.

Sorry to hear it. I think my advice just above might apply to you also, or alternately maybe they'd let you pick it up at the distribution center it lands at on Friday evening if it doesn't come all the way to you?

Via Best Buy, my copy of Zelda has shipped but not my Switch. Still says get by March 3rd. I assumed Zelda would arrive via USPS and the delay for the Switch was because it would come FedEx or UPS but now I see that the tracking number from Best Buy is a UPS number.

Worried.

Sorry to hear it. FWIW I've had orders from BB and Amazon ship the day before they arrive.

antonz

Well, if this thread shows you anything, for best buy at least, it isn't about when you ordered your switch.... it's about where you are geographically.

Yeah I suspect there is some planned process behind it all. Someone the other day mentioned their stuff shipped from Arizona to cross the country. I am in Arizona and got a UPS shipping alert today which tells me they aren't shipping from Arizona as whenever I get Best Buy stuff from in state its always USPS. Probably shipping from distant distribution centers to keep street date mostly in tact.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I might move my business to Best Buy from now on, Prime is just not reliable and not worth it anymore.

I honestly have no issue with their shipping for the most part, I switched to Best Buy after they pissed me off over and over with not refunding money when their own site reduced price without me paying to ship it back to them as a return first, re-order and get it shipped back as a 7+ year long Prime Member.

maxcriden

Shouldn't have done in store pickup!

What do you mean?

What the hell? On Amazon my Bomberman is about to ship but my Zelda and Switch are on "not shipped yet" WTF is going on? Some of my accessories comfirmed for March 3rd are also not getting ready. I thought everything comes grouped together.

My Switch, Zelda, and carrying case all still show friday delivery, but none have shipped yet. Cmon Amazon, don't fuck this up

Sorry to hear it. FWIW I've had orders from BB and Amazon ship the day before they arrive. You could also try contacting Amazon to make sure it's still coming in time, which probably means shipping tomorrow or later today.

jwillenn

I got an email from Gamestop back on 2/21 that said to expect a shipping notification email with tracking number on March 2nd. So it's apparently normal that nobody's Gamestop order has shipped yet.

Yeah, that's one I'm thinking/hoping...

It would have been nice to see a status other than "open" though. Preparing or something, *****! :D

Grey Switch & Zelda from Amazon still in Not Yet Shipped status for Friday.

Pro Controller from Best Buy still in Preparing status from a few days ago.

Fully expecting that none of the items will actually ship until tomorrow evening sometime.

Not really stressing it though. Pretty much par of the course when I preorder from Amazon. They almost always ship the day before release.

Grey Switch & Zelda from Amazon still in Not Yet Shipped status for Friday.

Pro Controller from Best Buy still in Preparing status from a few days ago.

Fully expecting that none of the items will actually ship until tomorrow evening sometime.

Not really stressing it though. Pretty much par of the course when I preorder from Amazon. They almost always ship the day before release.

That's the right attitude! I honestly understand that people are anxiously waiting for Amazon orders to ship, but there's a bright side if they don't! Amazon is really good about customer satisfaction, so if your release day delivery order isn't there on release day, you can call and get some free money out of it.

sleepnaught

Will the eShop be up on the third? Worst case scenario if Zelda doesn't show on time, maybe I can play some Shovel Knight instead.

ncslamm

Received the first of my Zelda/Switch stuff today. A&A LE is staying sealed. Just got notification that the First 4 Link Statue has shipped as well. Just waiting on my BOTW amiibos, the statue, and the deluxe strategy guide.

WadeitOut

Well, if this thread shows you anything, for best buy at least, it isn't about when you ordered your switch.... it's about where you are geographically.

Which is the case with every retailer. They do logistics to ship it when they know it will get delivered the day it's supposed to.

vgamer1

Which is the case with every retailer. They do logistics to ship it when they know it will get delivered the day it's supposed to.

Except for amazon, who have missed their "guaranteed" prime shipping date on my last 4/5 orders.

Speaking of: has anyone unboxed a master edition yet to see if the game is marked "Not for resale" or anything? Might pick up a copy at midnight from bestbuy because Amazon's been so unreliable for me.

RootCause

Really sorry to hear it, to both of you. Did they already ship? If both might not be too late to contact Amazon to see if they can expedite?

You could also try getting it in store day one, like at Target or WM or even BB or GS (I expect these stores to have much less stock), if you call your local stores you can maybe see how many they'll have and if they're selling at midnight. Then you could just return the Amazon one when it comes.

Sorry to hear it. FWIW I've had orders from BB and Amazon ship the day before they arrive.

Can they really do something about it? I'm scared I'll mess the order up. Really disappointed with them to be honest. I even payed for faster shipping. :(

sadromeo

Received the first of my Zelda/Switch stuff today. A&A LE is staying sealed. Just got notification that the First 4 Link Statue has shipped as well. Just waiting on my BOTW amiibos, the statue, and the deluxe strategy guide.

So nice!

I need to think about getting those other Zelda amiibos...

GPsych

So this is weird. When I preordered my Switch + Zelda, I did in-store pickup because the Best Buy is like .5 miles from my house. I've been watching the preorder pretty closely and today it suddenly changed. It now says that my Switch will be shipping to my home address and it's in-store pickup for Zelda. Any idea why it suddenly changed? It still says "processing" but says that it will arrive by March 3rd...

ncslamm

So nice!

I need to think about getting those other Zelda amiibos...

OOT Link and 8-Bit Link are easy to find. The WW 2pack...not so much. Online anyways. Couldn't find any in stock within 50 miles of me. Bought from a 3rd party on Amazon. Hype will make you buy some stuff you never would have before. These are my first amiibos.

melman101

Extra joycons and joycon charging grip shipped from Best Buy.

Hori Case / Hori Premium Screen Protector / Bomberman / 1,2 Switch have not shipped yet from Amazon. Preparing for shipment.

Hori Stand / Zelda Breath of the Wild collector's guide still says delivery estimate with no date.

Pro controller, switch and zelda are in store at Best Buy. Hopefully my Best Buy is doing a midnight launch. I called and they said yes but will call again tomorrow to double confirm. LOL

gweemz

What is that book in the middle?

Top Bottom