• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

ThatMattZ

Oh theyre overnighting?

If you have release day delivery yes. This is from an email I got from them last week.

5ukudkh.jpg

I've been constantly paranoid for weeks now that at any moment Amazon is going to cancel my preorder. Still showing up as 'Not Yet Shipped' for me (North Florida)

DNAbro

My Switch and Zelda orders still haven't shipped from Amazon but I'm used to it being shipped the day before.

I've been constantly paranoid for weeks now that at any moment Amazon is going to cancel my preorder. Still showing up as 'Not Yet Shipped' for me (North Florida)

Same area

Leatherface

Really sorry to hear it, to both of you. Did they already ship? If both might not be too late to contact Amazon to see if they can expedite?

You could also try getting it in store day one, like at Target or WM or even BB or GS (I expect these stores to have much less stock), if you call your local stores you can maybe see how many they'll have and if they're selling at midnight. Then you could just return the Amazon one when it comes.

Sorry to hear it. I think my advice just above might apply to you also, or alternately maybe they'd let you pick it up at the distribution center it lands at on Friday evening if it doesn't come all the way to you?

Sorry to hear it. FWIW I've had orders from BB and Amazon ship the day before they arrive.

Says it didn't ship yet. I already took Friday off so I think I am going to hit up a midnight launch somewhere and hope I can grab one at Target or something. If not I will try Costco Friday morning. The silver lining with all this is maybe I can have an extra to sell and get my switch for free? We shall see. Thanks for the concern / advice maxcriden.

Okay so I didn't manage to preorder a Switch anywhere. Where's my best bet to camp out and try and get one at launch?

I live near Modesto in CA, so I have access to multiple Walmarts, Targets, Gamestops, ToysRus and a Bestbuy.

Garryk

Received the first of my Zelda/Switch stuff today. A&A LE is staying sealed. Just got notification that the First 4 Link Statue has shipped as well. Just waiting on my BOTW amiibos, the statue, and the deluxe strategy guide.

I'm on the fence about the First 4 Link. I'm not really a figure-buyer, but I'm telling myself it's just a bigger amiibo. :p

Zarth

Still not shipped from Amazon but says expected today and arrives Friday.

Only mildly paranoid as during the time between January when I preordered and today I've had 2 major shipping fiascos with Amazon. One around a PSVR and another around my monthly subscriptions.

Would not have preordered from Amazon if that other stuff had happened before the preorders.

Goretrail

Since I spaced out during pre-order period, I have been running around, and calling around, Nashville looking for my best odds of getting my hands around a unit. Funny enough, unlike the anecdotal evidence I am hearing all over the internet, no stores in the city seem to have units for non pre-orders. At least none of the 10+ I have checked, including Best Buys, and Walmarts. Had a Walmart employee tell me there was going to be a second shipment on the 6th though.

So it looks like I am going to pop a handful of adderall and wait in the freezing weather all night in front of Toy's R Us since they do not do pre-orders. Well, probably gonna go around 4am. Hopefully that will be early enough. Fingers crossed they have some Zelda collectors additions as well.

DonShula

The GameStop near me is starting purchases at 6PM and letting people walk out the door at midnight!

I can't be reading that right. Who in their right mind would want to stay in a GameStop for 6 hours? I'd pay you a Nintendo Switch to not stand in a GameStop for 6 hours.

mohuerta

BB shipped my Zelda SE, amiibos, Bomberman, pro controller, and screen protector yesterday. My Switch shipped today. My only problem is I'm getting all this shipped to me in Texas, and I'm currently working in California. Might be up to 3 weeks before I get home.

Akoi

My switch just shipped from Amazon (I live in the Seattle area) ya!

Coming from Moreno Valley California!

Amazons page said arriving Monday... Then I went to the ups site and it said Friday!

tebunker

Banned
Looks like my Switch and Sd Card are getting ready to ship.

Zelda and 1-2 Switch are preparing to deliver and guaranteed delivery respectively.

I dont think finding a game on launch day will be that hard. Finding accessories and stuff seem to be the tougher thing

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Says it didn't ship yet. I already took Friday off so I think I am going to hit up a midnight launch somewhere and hope I can grab one at Target or something. If not I will try Costco Friday morning. The silver lining with all this is maybe I can have an extra to sell and get my switch for free? We shall see. Thanks for the concern / advice maxcriden.

That's the way I'm looking at it. I was scheduled to work tomorrow night but I just swapped with someone so I can work tonight instead. I made my schedule to where I had the 3rd - 6th off, so a delay to Tuesday (the 7th) would mean the Switch would arrive right on a stent where I work 5 out of 6 days (12 hour shifts) so I would hardly at all get to play with it until mid March.

Now I at least have the option to hit up a midnight release if need be so I'm not worried anymore.

Contacted Amazon customer service since my order was supposed to arrive next Tuesday. They bumped me up to overnight and I'll be getting it Friday. Amazon is the best!

I'm pretty surprised with Amazon this launch. This isn't good.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but all my Best Buy orders shipped on time. They'll actually be here a day early.

This is making me lose confidence in Amazon.

I'm pretty surprised with Amazon this launch. This isn't good.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but all my Best Buy orders shipped on time. They'll actually be here a day early.

This is making me lose confidence in Amazon.

this is me last year. I fucking hate amazon with a passion. Multiple late deliveries and damaged collectors editions.

Crossing my fingers, since I'm "guaranteed release-day delivery", I'll just whine to support again later tonight if it hasn't shipped by the time I get off work

wowzors

None of my shit has shipped from best buy, Zelda master, neon cons, neon switch, pro controller or charging grip.

I live in illinois

PSFan

My Wii U and Switch Zeldas have both shipped from Amazon. My Switch is still at Shipping Today though. And I just need my pro controller to ship from Best Buy and everything will be done.

ThatMattZ

None of my shit has shipped from best buy, Zelda master, neon cons, neon switch, pro controller or charging grip.

I live in illinois

I'm in Illinois too and none of my Best Buy stuff has shipped yet, but that's pretty standard for my experience with Best Buy. Typically my release date stuff ships the day before and I still get my stuff. I'm in the western suburbs of Chicago if that helps.

SHEEEPED

Neon Switch from Best Buy for delivery, NYC

I ordered it when it was available for five minutes on Feb. 3

Still waiting on Zelda from Amazon

Ibuki

Banned
Why are Amazon orders arriving Tuesday? Especially ones that have said Arriving Friday this entire time. What is going on?

Amazon just shipped my Zelda Master Edition and Special Edition, which were actually two separate orders, together in one box. Stuff is slowly trickling out the door.

Top Bottom