• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

FWIW I have Amazon Prime & I'm in Texas, Zelda shipped yesterday evening & Switch says Arriving Friday not Yet Shipped. Spoke with Amazon-

Amazon - I see that item is not readily available at our inventory I’m sorry we certainly did not expect this to happen.
Me - Any idea on when it would be available? I preordered minutes from it being available to do so.
Amazon - I'm really sorry, We are working with our seller and manufacturer. Once the item is in stock we will try to deliver it soon. I will go ahead and change the shipping speed to one day, so once the item is in stock you will get the item soon. And as a goodwill gesture I will extend your prime membership for 1 month.

So guess we'll see what happens.

I got the notification for my Switch + Zelda shipping from Amazon at 4:30pm, but according to the tracking, they actually shipped at 1:00pm (EST) so a lot of you guys waiting probably have been shipped already.

Interfectum

5CHDtJm.png

so_good.png

giphy.gif

Jafku

For all the people who ordered from Amazon and is located in florida our orders will probably not ship until later tonight or tomorrow. We have an Amazon warehouse in Ruskin, so they'll probably wait until thursday to ship. Don't panic

Pastry

Banned
Does GameStop ship orders together?

Will my Switch and Zelda arrive in the same package? I was billed for one amount.

Ducayne

All Best Buy orders shipped

Now fingers crossed they will let me pick it up at the UPS Depot tomorrow night ahead of delivery Friday (I have a 6AM flight Friday morning :(((((((( )

If not, guess I'll be buying a second Switch tomorrow night at midnight somewhere.

Anyone going to the Noho Best Buy? I'm thinking that is going to be my best bet in NYC (least crowded maybe?)

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
After the 3DS and Wii U I promised myself I would never buy a nintendo system at launch....you bastards are making it real hard lol

R0ckman

FWIW I have Amazon Prime & I'm in Texas, Zelda shipped yesterday evening & Switch says Arriving Friday not Yet Shipped. Spoke with Amazon-

Amazon - I see that item is not readily available at our inventory I’m sorry we certainly did not expect this to happen.
Me - Any idea on when it would be available? I preordered minutes from it being available to do so.
Amazon - I'm really sorry, We are working with our seller and manufacturer. Once the item is in stock we will try to deliver it soon. I will go ahead and change the shipping speed to one day, so once the item is in stock you will get the item soon. And as a goodwill gesture I will extend your prime membership for 1 month.

Rep sounds clueless, can they tell that your order is not able to be met just by looking at your own status?

K' Dash

For all the people who ordered from Amazon and is located in florida our orders will probably not ship until later tonight or tomorrow. We have an Amazon warehouse in Ruskin, so they'll probably wait until thursday to ship. Don't panic

This is me, thank you for the info.

Ibuki

Banned

So they took more orders than they could fulfill. This feels like a disaster...

Thanks. Do we have multiple or just that one in Ruskin? No update all day on my end, I know someone in this thread said his shipped, he was in Southwest Florida.

Cyborg

After the 3DS and Wii U I promised myself I would never buy a nintendo system at launch....you bastards are making it real hard lol

I cancelled mine, I had two pre-orders. I cancelled the 1st couple of days ago and now with the bad hardware reviews I canceled the 2nd one to.

Not paying 400€ for the state this console is in

SgtFlowers

Neo Member
My switch on Amazon hasn't been shipped yet("Not yet shipped ") says it's arriving Friday bomber man however says it's being shipped as I write this.

Not too worried though, have an Amazon distribution center just an hour away. Never had problems with my games shipping to me from Amazon. Sometimes I even got them a day early, if they were 3ds games.

Good to hear. Down here in the South East and I came to the thread to VENT!!!

tebunker

Banned
So they took more orders than they could fulfill. This feels like a disaster...

Guys this is an overreaction. We can't rely on what a cs agent says. Unless you have a manager on the phone or a connection at Amazon take what they say with a hugenormous grain of salt. Or you will stress out. They can not see everything in the system or what it is doing. They have base levels accesses etc.

I recommend at least another 24 hours till you smash the panic buttons.

If your order says arriving Friday odds are it will. Even if Amazon had to drop ship from a 3rd party distributor. It may get there at 8pm but its rare for it to still say guaranteed by X date and not hit that date or not get updated.

Persona7

Banned
I can't be reading that right. Who in their right mind would want to stay in a GameStop for 6 hours? I'd pay you a Nintendo Switch to not stand in a GameStop for 6 hours.
You go in at six and pay. Arrive at midnight and they check your receipt and give you the switch.

Piggus

Amazon - I see that item is not readily available at our inventory I'm sorry we certainly did not expect this to happen.

You shouldn't take what Amazon customers service says too seriously. They're good about making it up to you when they mess something up, but they're generally not able to see anything that you can't see when it comes to where an item is in the shipping process, therefore you get a canned response based on availability. What they're looking at probably has nothing to do with preorders. I asked them about an item that I thought was going to be late, and they gave me pretty much the same response. Surprise, the item showed up on time.

Be patient people.

Amiibo and Zelda collectors edition say "shipping now" and have said so all morning.

When I got Pokemon Moon at Launch, it shipped on Wednesday and I got it Thursday. I was hoping for the same with this, but it doesn't look like it.

Best Buy in store pickup still says "pre-ordered"

Ibuki

Banned
Guys this is an overreaction. We can't rely on what a cs agent says. Unless you have a manager on the phone or a connection at Amazon take what they say with a hugenormous grain of salt. Or you will stress out. They can not see everything in the system or what it is doing. They have base levels accesses etc.

There have been multiple others who's orders are arriving Monday or Tuesday.

Phatmac

I should've pre-order a Pro Controller for Friday. Hopefully there are some wild ones out there on launch day. On Amazon it's still preparing for shipment. Oh god please ship!

I was going to start worrying until I remembered this haha, it's less than an hour away from me so that would explain it

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Amazon shipped my switch stuff via UPS (ground).
Hope it gets here on time! I'll be watching that tracking number like a hawk.

My order just shipped from Ruskin :) I'm in North Carolina though!

Chorazin

YEEEEEEEAH! Everything is marked for shipping today from Amazon! (I'm in PA.)

Gray Switch
Zelda CE
1 2 Switch
Hori Screen Protector

Now only waiting for Amazon Japan to ship out my Pro Controller on Friday, but I can live with out it for the weekend since they're expecting it to arrive Monday or Tuesday.

Ibuki

Banned
There is an Amazon location within ~40 minutes of me, so that would make sense if it ships a little later. The only problem I will have is if the estimated delivery changes to Monday or Tuesday like some are experiencing.

I should've pre-order a Pro Controller for Friday. Hopefully there are some wild ones out there on launch day. On Amazon it's still preparing for shipment. Oh god please ship!

My regret was not pre-ordering a pro controller. I will track one down at a Walmart after midnight but it still sucks.

Im so jealous of everyone whos is coming Friday. Target says that mine wont arrive until the 7th-10th. Im going to have Zelda for several days with no console to play it on :(.

Amazon - Switch is preparing for shipment! Huzzah!

Best Buy - 4 of my BotW amiibo are still stuck on preparing, been that way for a couple days now, however my Zelda BotW amiibo has shipped and will be here tomorrow.

Gamestop - They held funds for my BotW SE, but then released them, no shipping update.

Now, I'm just missing that pro controller.

BahamutX83

Neo Member

That has been my experience as well. (nw Florida) Usually new release games, but they did the same with my Majora's Mask CE pre-order.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Glad people are getting their Zelda CEs shipped from Amazon, because I was getting worried they didn't have stock yet. Hopefully mine moves to preparing soon.

tebunker

Banned
There have been multiple others who's orders are arriving Monday or Tuesday.
Right but odds are thats been updated in the system and you can see it on Amazon's site

Others need to remember that Amazon does everything they can to get stuff in one box, so that may mean multiple shipments or shipping stuff from farther away but all together. I just want to caution people that contacting cs won't give you too much detail.

Alright guys, I don't want to worry anybody, but there is this on the UPS website.

Severe Weather in Louisville, KY, Causing Delays

Severe weather in Louisville, KY, caused a significant disruption to operations at Worldport®, UPS's main hub in the United States. As a result, some shipments may experience unavoidable delays.

UPS is working to move shipments to their final destinations as quickly as possible. You can track shipment progress on ups.com.

The UPS Service Guarantee does not apply when transportation networks are disrupted due to conditions beyond UPS's control.Track Your Packages Now

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
So since they shipped, if you work for UPS as a driver and your delivery is on your truck, you could technically get it today?

Lexxon

Im so jealous of everyone whos is coming Friday. Target says that mine wont arrive until the 7th-10th. Im going to have Zelda for several days with no console to play it on :(.

Yeah I might have someone waiting on my Target Switch (mine is coming from BB). Mine says the same dates, and has since I ordered it. I'm hoping Target surprises and ships them out today/tomorrow with fast delivery for Fri/Sat.

Amazon rep gave me some mumbo jumbo as to why my order is arriving on Saturday. Something about Prime 2 day shipping not applying to preorders. Wasn't helpful at all cause he kept repeating that. I'll try using the chat system.

Plus my Master Edition is being shipped through USPS. I've had lots of things bent and broken when shipped through them...

Yeah I might have someone waiting on my Target Switch (mine is coming from BB). Mine says the same dates, and has since I ordered it. I'm hoping Target surprises and ships them out today/tomorrow with fast delivery for Fri/Sat.
I've been holding out hope for that all week. If not, the proceeding days will be painful.

Zarth

If your order says arriving Friday odds are it will. Even if Amazon had to drop ship from a 3rd party distributor. It may get there at 8pm but its rare for it to still say guaranteed by X date and not hit that date or not get updated.

I have regularly and consistently have had Amazon miss their dates for the past few months.

I have Prime and I live near Industry CA which is one of their largest warehouses.

Alright guys, I don't want to worry anybody, but there is this on the UPS website.

Severe Weather in Louisville, KY, Causing Delays

Severe weather in Louisville, KY, caused a significant disruption to operations at Worldport®, UPS's main hub in the United States. As a result, some shipments may experience unavoidable delays.

UPS is working to move shipments to their final destinations as quickly as possible. You can track shipment progress on ups.com.

The UPS Service Guarantee does not apply when transportation networks are disrupted due to conditions beyond UPS's control.Track Your Packages Now

Still haven't gotten my horizon zero dawn preorder from amazon cause of some delay. I think this might explain it.

Also, I was at GameStop two days ago and asked how many switches they were receiving on launch day. They said for those who have not preordered, they might have 5 Switches to sell.

My stuff is coming via USPS which is weird! My PS4 Pro also came via USPS! The reason it is weird is because I live in the boonies and my mailman/mailwoman drives their sedan and just keeps the package in the front passenger seat, lol.

Top Bottom