• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Alright guys, I don't want to worry anybody, but there is this on the UPS website.

Severe Weather in Louisville, KY, Causing Delays

Severe weather in Louisville, KY, caused a significant disruption to operations at Worldport®, UPS's main hub in the United States. As a result, some shipments may experience unavoidable delays.

UPS is working to move shipments to their final destinations as quickly as possible. You can track shipment progress on ups.com.

The UPS Service Guarantee does not apply when transportation networks are disrupted due to conditions beyond UPS's control.Track Your Packages Now

This right here is what I'm worried about. Louisville is the distribution center closest to me too (my Pro Controller shipped from there yesterday). I wonder if there would be any way to call Best Buy and expedite the shipping on it so it can still make it here by Friday.

Anaithsol

Neo Member
For all the people who ordered from Amazon and is located in florida our orders will probably not ship until later tonight or tomorrow. We have an Amazon warehouse in Ruskin, so they'll probably wait until thursday to ship. Don't panic

Yeah, this is pretty much accurate for all my preorders placed on Amazon being located in South Florida.

When I contacted Amazon support earlier today to apply some gift card credit, I casually asked if my order would ship out today or tomorrow and they confirmed it would ship out tomorrow in my case. As a precaution, they also upgraded my order to next day delivery in the event that the original two-day shipping caused it to arrive on Monday or Tuesday.

Texas here as well with Amazon order. All my accessories and games have been sent but with regard to system, I contacted customer service. They really read to be untrained. Am going to copy and Paste the convo

After Asking if Order # will be fulfilled by this Friday

I've checked on the website and can confirm that the item : Nintendo Switch , is out of stock.

Which reads like all she did was search for the item using the search engine we use and saw that, obviously, they're all gone. Didn't answer my question so I ask for clarification: this was a pre-order. Will my pre-order be fulfilled in time by this Friday to which she responded

I've checked and can confirm that you are absolutely correct that you had placed this order on: Friday, January 13, 2017 12:13 AM.
And to answer your question, yes the pre-orders are fulfilled.
As soon as the item comes back in stock we'll ship out your package.

That last line made me eye roll hard and I ended the chat immediately.

In truth, we have a warehouse in Dallas and I have no doubt ours will be shipped out tomorrow for it to arrive on time Friday.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
EverythingbutSwitchShipped.jpg

does anybody know if (through past experience) there would be any possibility for my switch to arrive Friday even though Target says it wont come until next week?

TB14

"Severe Weather in Louisville, KY, Causing Delays"

Ordered Switch from Amazon and Zelda from Best Buy. They both ship from Louisville for me.

ryan299

Amazon hasn't shipped mine yet. I remember they didn't ship my x1 until a day before. Thought I wasn't getting that on release.

packy34

I have regularly and consistently have had Amazon miss their dates for the past few months.

I have Prime and I live near Industry CA which is one of their largest warehouses.

And I've never had Amazon miss a single date in almost 10 years, except one time due to a massive snow storm.

Everything is anecdotal but they seem to be more reliable than not.

Will there be a thread on Nintendo Switch in-store pickups? I'm kicking myself for not pre-ordering (had to save money on a move) and kicking myself more after calling a few retailers and them saying they're expecting massive lines Friday/Midnight.

Just spoke the the Best Buy manager at the place I preordered from. No walk in units available so only Pre-Order people can wait in line. Also they're closing the store to regular customers at 9PM but if you have a pre-order you get to stay inside the store until midnight. So the Pre-order people are gonna have the store to themselves for 3 hours, this is gonna be fun lol.

RootCause

My stuff is coming via USPS which is weird! My PS4 Pro also came via USPS! The reason it is weird is because I live in the boonies and my mailman/mailwoman drives their sedan and just keeps the package in the front passenger seat, lol.
Oh, boy! Be sure to check his driving record. :p

Amazon always sends my systems via usps, meanwhile some crap I don't mind waiting for get ups.

Edit
I don't know which carrier they plan on using.

Olimar

Neo Member
So apparently if you have pre-ordered the console in-store from GameStop, they are now calling all customers to say that it is mandatory that you purchase a game with your console otherwise you will not be able to redeem your pre-order.

What the hell?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
And I've never had Amazon miss a single date in almost 10 years, except one time due to a massive snow storm.

Everything is anecdotal but they seem to be more reliable than not.

My electronics usually come on time. But camping chairs and diapers always come late for me when using Prime. At least I get a free month each time they miss. It's like having a coupon for every order of diapers.

So apparently if you have pre-ordered the console in-store from GameStop, they are now calling all customers to say that it is mandatory that you purchase a game with your console otherwise you will not be able to redeem your pre-order.

What the hell?

Holy shit that's predatory. Where are you hearing this?

TankRizzo

Banned
So apparently if you have pre-ordered the console in-store from GameStop, they are now calling all customers to say that it is manditory that you purchase a game with your console otherwise you will not be able to redeem your pre-order.

What the hell?
Which random jabroni on twitter said this?

Got

Banned
I have regularly and consistently have had Amazon miss their dates for the past few months.

I have Prime and I live near Industry CA which is one of their largest warehouses.

In Los Angeles here and over the past month about 8 out of my 10 orders have not met the promised receive by date. There track record here for me definitely sucks.

Tidalwave

What the hell?
Source please?

Erv

Dam Amazon hasn't shipped. Knew it might be too good to be true. Anyone in Illinois or Indiana have theirs ship?

spock

Prime member in new hampshire, Switch just went from "shipping today/not yet shipped" to "preparing for shipment". Things are moving.

jwillenn

Gamestop Online is on top of this. No worries, guys! I just called to see what would be said about the order. Status: On Release/Preparing For Shipment. Bank Approved. "Pending" because they officially charge upon shipping. Look for email tomorrow. 3/3 ETA.

What the hell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGgzeKdICDk

wouldn't apply to me, but still...

SgtFlowers

Neo Member
Im so jealous of everyone whos is coming Friday. Target says that mine wont arrive until the 7th-10th. Im going to have Zelda for several days with no console to play it on :(.
That sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that. If I were in your shoes I'd go and stand in line at GS early and see if I could score one.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So I'm having some slight paranoia about my switch preorder, I preordered from best buy and found out that they charge you for your preorder even when it hasent shipped yet :(in my case, I went for pick up) which works in my favor since I'm low on money right now, but I can't help but feel that maybe I wasent charged(I was charged cause I remember checking my bank balance and it missing the 300+ dollars for it) but still, I can't help but think maybe it didn't charge and if have to pay down or upfront which would be bad because it would put me in the red

What the hell?

Bullshit. I don't believe this for a second.

packy34

A lot of Amazon orders might not ship until tomorrow... possibly even late tomorrow night. There are a lot of factors as to why this might happen to you but there's no reason to worry unless Friday rolls around and it's not on a delivery truck yet.

Went back and checked both my PS4 and PS4 Pro ship dates from Amazon. Both were shipped the day before they arrived.

So I'm having some slight paranoia about my switch preorder, I preordered from best buy and found out that they charge you for your preorder even when it hasent shipped yet :(in my case, I went for pick up) which works in my favor since I'm low on money right now, but I can't help but feel that maybe I wasent charged(I was charged cause I remember checking my bank balance and it missing the 300+ dollars for it) but still, I can't help but think maybe it didn't charge and if have to pay down or upfront which would be bad because it would put me in the red

They charge your card for a pre-auth right off the bat, but after a few days, that charge disappears and they'll charge your card again when the order is ready/picked up.

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal

What the hell?

This wasn't the case for me at all. Got my call a couple hours ago and the only thing he mentioned was that the store was having a midnight opening. Absolutely NOTHING about having to buy a game.

JGamer

Neo Member

They do an initial authorization charge when you place the order, but don't do the final charge until it is either shipped or you pick it up.

This wasn't the case for me at all. Got my call a couple hours ago and the only thing he mentioned was that the store was having a midnight opening. Absolutely NOTHING about having to buy a game.

Yeah that is a bullshit quote. Im telling yall to be careful with gamestop these guys are lying like crazy.

I said it yesterday but this goofball at the register tried to make me preorder the guardian amiibo for 20$ saying that its gamestop exclusive

does anybody know if (through past experience) there would be any possibility for my switch to arrive Friday even though Target says it wont come until next week?

Supposedly PSVR orders had a similar timetable for estimated delivery (a week later), but most of them were actually delivered on release date.

But considering that it's Wednesday and there's been no movement at all on the orders, I kind of doubt that the same will happen here.

El Jaffe

My Switch hasn't shipped yet, but I live not even 10min from the Amazon Warehouse in San Antonio, so Im not worried about it missing the date. I've ordered items at midnight before and gotten them in the morning.

sadromeo

OOT Link and 8-Bit Link are easy to find. The WW 2pack...not so much. Online anyways. Couldn't find any in stock within 50 miles of me. Bought from a 3rd party on Amazon. Hype will make you buy some stuff you never would have before. These are my first amiibos.

Tell me about it.

These are my first too.

What the hell?

I have received no such phone call and even if so it's still total bullshit. I'm buying Zelda anyways but if they tried pulling that shit they'd be getting a nasty survey.

You literally remember that it's already been paid for

Top Bottom