• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Hmm, interesting. I just looked at my Zelda Master Edition and Special Edition tracking and it's being shipped out of Indiana via USPS. Normally almost all gaming stuff comes out of Nevada since I'm in CA.

huh?

jyZiazV.png

5vSlesf.png

Someone lied

I wouldn't doubt it as I mentioned in post before one you quoted. I am also not ruling out that they cannot fulfill all the orders (I'm here in austin and get my stuff from San Antonio warehouse)

So after trying to chat with an Amazon rep instead of calling them I was told that shipping and delivery on the Master Edition is based on first come first served when it was originally ordered. That's why my order us arriving on Saturday I guess??? I'm still confused but my Prime membership was extended and he said he would contact the carrier to see if they can have it arrive sooner. I expect nothing to come from that but it was a nice gesture.

In other related Amazon shenanigans, UPS dropped off two boxes that contained items that no one ordered. The address was mine but the name was completely different. I'm so confused haha.

Lkr

I can get same day delivery where I live so I'm not really concerned about it coming Friday, I just want it to charge/ship so I know for a fact I'm getting one

dafodeu

Just spoke with an Amazon customer support agent over the phone and she confirmed none of the warehouses in Texas have any to fulfill all the System pre-orders.

Sigh. This is surreal. Should have not cancelled my back up pre-order from Best Buy a few days back.

Do prime members get priority? I don't have prime but ordered January 13th grey switch and paid for 2 day shipping. I havn't been charged yet but it says shipping today arriving Friday. I'm in East Coast

Tucah

you speak so well
NYC Gaffers with an Amazon Switch order, what's your status looking like?

I'm in BK and mine is still "Not Yet Shipped/Arriving Friday"

Brooklyn and the same. My preorders never ship until the day/night before, I'm not expecting the status to change until tomorrow.

ultrazilla

Woke up this morning horrified that Amazon had tried to charge my card for the Switch pre-order and it had been declined as funds weren't available for me until today. So I went to the credit union and put money in and updated my order with Amazon.

The charge just went through within the last couple of hours and they're preparing it for shipping.

Word of warning! Amazon had my Switch arriving Tuesday when I had originally ordered it for Friday release. I'm not sure what happened but luckily I was able to change the shipping for $6 extra and get it this Friday. So if anyone has pre-ordered from Amazon, check your arrival dates!

Two days away! So pumped. Hope the tips help you out there!

JavyOO7

Amazon just sent me email telling me that BOTW Switch version shipped.

I'm at an office right now, so...

[screaming internally]

(For those wondering, Miami, FL. Though I think USPS ships my stuff around here so I'll probably get all the stuff I preordered from Amazon at 8pm... /sad)

SgtFlowers

Neo Member
Was thinking about it but I'm not about to miss school or be up super late without certainty that I will even get one.

Oh I forgot about school and like you said there is no guarantee. You got a good head about this, take life at a pace and enjoy the view while you wait. I'm sure you'll keep yourself busy while you wait out the weekend.

Probably nothing, but getting antsy about my BB preorders. I have 3 separate Switch related orders they are all "Preparing". In my bank account there are pending charges for all 3 too. I just figured that I would have gotten a shipping notice for all my Switch goodies by now if they are supposedly going to make it by the 3rd.

ultrazilla

Amazon just sent me email telling me that BOTW Switch version shipped.

I'm at an office right now, so...

[screaming internally]

(For those wondering, Miami, FL. Though I think USPS ships my stuff around here so I'll probably get all the stuff I preordered from Amazon at 8pm... /sad)

Awesome! I've been on a media blackout of Zelda for awhile now, especially now that it's out in the wild(no pun intended........ah I guess it was!)

Friday shall be epic. My brother bought my a copy of the Special Edition with the map as a birthday gift! :)

Probably nothing, but getting antsy about my BB preorders. I have 3 separate Switch related orders they are all "Preparing". In my bank account there are pending charges for all 3 too. I just figured that I would have gotten a shipping notice for all my Switch goodies by now if they are supposedly going to make it by the 3rd.

Best Buy make sure the charges post before getting a shipping label ready. Once your bank clears those charges, you're good to go. If anything, give the bank a call and let them know those charges are legit!

So apparently if you have pre-ordered the console in-store from GameStop, they are now calling all customers to say that it is mandatory that you purchase a game with your console otherwise you will not be able to redeem your pre-order.

What the hell?

It would still be better than their GCN launch (this is online, I don't know about in-store)

Purple Gamecube: Forced to purchase: Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race, Rogue Leader, a 2nd controller, and a memory card

Black Gamecube: Forced to purchase: Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race, Rogue Leader, a 2nd controller, a memory card AND some Madden game

Thoraxes

Target order didn't ship yet. Near Chicago.

Expecting something probably around 7PM tomorrow as far as a notice goes. It said preparing for shipping last weekend.

I've been assured from my local in-mall Gamestop that if I show up two or three hours before they open their doors on Friday, that I will surely walk away with a system and Zelda. Feels good.

Best Buy just sent shipping notices on my BOTW, pro controller, and amiibo.

No clue what target is doing, but looks like my system won't arrive until next week.

neilyadig

Picking up in-store Best Buy on Friday after work, partially to avoid any shipping issues. Hope its not a nightmare scenario there.

Oh I forgot about school and like you said there is no guarantee. You got a good head about this, take life at a pace and enjoy the view while you wait. I'm sure you'll keep yourself busy while you wait out the weekend.

Oh I'm sure il be just fine. Thank you for your words of wisdom though.

Sorry for the drive by post. Just wanted to express my joy that my Switch shipped from Best Buy. I ordered it late in one of those "back in stock for 2 minute things," not expecting for the order to go through even. However, here I am waiting for Friday like the lot of ya.

Jeff-DSA

Best Buy (midnight) in-store pickup should charge me sometime early tomorrow morning I'm assuming?

I don't think it will charge. I'm guessing that it will be charged when you pick up. You might see the status progress, but the actual charge shouldn't happen.

PSFan

Aaand, my Switch has shipped from Amazon via USPS. Phew. Only thing left now is my pro controller to ship from Best Buy.

Ziocyte

Anyone live in the Bay Area and had their Best Buy order "ship"? Still says it is arriving tomorrow, but the train hasn't left the station for me! (Still preparing...)

Merrydeath

NYC here

Best buy
Pick up status on friday for Nintendo Switch

Amazon
Preparing Shippment for Super Bomberman R

Not yet shipped
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild Master edition.

I just got off the phone from amazon telling me not to worry and that it still happening.

rhino2627

Neo Member
A lot of late day updates!!

Amazon Orders
Switch- Preparing for Shipment, arriving Friday
Zelda- Preparing for Shipment, arriving Friday

Best Buy Orders
Switch- - Shipped, waiting for UPS pickup
Pro Controller- Shipped, currently with UPS

Colorado here

PSFan

FFFFFFF please don't ship via USPS for me or I wont get it until Monday.

I'm in SC. Amazon usually ships stuff to me via USPS and everything always arrives when it's supposed to. Even on Sundays sometimes. My Switch will arrive with the regular mail delivery and be waiting for me when I get home from work.

I'm in SC. Amazon usually ships stuff to me via USPS and everything always arrives when it's supposed to. Even on Sundays sometimes. My Switch will arrive with the regular mail delivery and be waiting for me when I get home from work.

Im in Utah and if Amazon uses USPS its always late.

Top Bottom