• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

My special edition Zelda and Switch still showing nothing as far as preparing to ship I'm Amazon. It says they are due for release day delivery. Hmmmmm

My Best Buy in store still hasn't moved (I expect they'll probably deal with all of their in store orders tomorrow sometime so they can be ready for midnight and Friday pick ups). My regular edition of Zelda and Switch case have no movement on Amazon yet either.

Terrorblot

So I'm guessing if a Best Buy location isn't available in this drop down box they aren't doing a midnight launch? Kind of surprised since my branch isn't there but is a pretty big store. Hrmph. I guess this is probably a good thing in the long run as I have to work in the morning anyway.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-g...ts/pcmcat183100050001.c?id=pcmcat183100050001

My Best Buy in store still hasn't moved (I expect they'll probably deal with all of their in store orders tomorrow sometime so they can be ready for midnight and Friday pick ups). My regular edition of Zelda and Switch case have no movement on Amazon yet either.

This also worries me, all of my games and accessories are listed as "available march 3rd" but the console itself just says "we'll notify you when available for pickup" :|

My Switch shipped & is in Louisville Kentucky which is just 5 hours from my house. I wonder if there's any chance of me getting it tomorrow?!! I'm so ready!!!

On the plus side I called my Best Buy and apparently they're going to start selling the Switch at 10PM! He also eased my worries by telling me that even though my online in store has a "Pre-ordered" status on it that it should be fine as one will be placed aside for me.

kwabi

Hmm. Talked to an Amazon rep about my Switch pre-order. At first the status said it would ship today but I was getting paranoid because of how late it's getting. The rep just gave me a 1 day shipping upgrade for free, but now it says it will ship March 2nd.

I wonder if I should have stayed put and not talked to the rep at all lol.

So I'm guessing if a Best Buy location isn't available in this drop down box they aren't doing a midnight launch? Kind of surprised since my branch isn't there but is a pretty big store. Hrmph. I guess this is probably a good thing in the long run as I have to work in the morning anyway.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-g...ts/pcmcat183100050001.c?id=pcmcat183100050001

That list is not complete.

Myself and multiple others here have called local BBs not on the list and confirmed they are doing midnight openings.

Ibuki

Banned
Starting to calm down now.

Order from Amazon still says Arriving Friday. I live near a fulfillment center though.

JMY86

My Switch shipped & is in Louisville Kentucky which is just 5 hours from my house. I wonder if there's any chance of me getting it tomorrow?!! I'm so ready!!!

My gaming purchases usually ship from Kentucky. My Switch order is shipping from Maryland for some reason. I may have gotten a bit lucky with the crazy weather they are having in KY.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

This also worries me, all of my games and accessories are listed as "available march 3rd" but the console itself just says "we'll notify you when available for pickup" :|
Call them! My store is not on the list and they are doing a midnight launch.

Bastion

My Target pre-order says "preparing to ship" which is has said for a couple of days now at least. It says I should get it by Friday.

Lucent

My store (Walmart) is getting 13 Neon and 25 Grays. We had 11 preorders total (including my own) and 2 canceled. So we effectively have 29 switches to sell. My manager asked if I'd stay longer to help do a midnight launch so I'll be helping handle the Switch distribution. So I should be able to take mine home tomorrow night. Gonna have to wait until Friday though for Zelda since I'm having that delivered. I'm gonna be too tired to play anyway.

Bt8codJ.jpg

Where I am at currently.

Orange County, CA.

Not too worried.

Ibuki

Banned
My store (Walmart) is getting 13 Neon and 25 Grays. We had 11 preorders total (including my own) and 2 canceled. So we effectively have 29 switches to sell. My manager asked if I'd stay longer to help do a midnight launch so I'll be helping handle the Switch distribution. So I should be able to take mine home tomorrow night. Gonna have to wait until Friday though for Zelda since I'm having that delivered. I'm gonna be too tired to play anyway.

Any other info about how it will be handled? Lines, tickets, etc?

RikuDawn

Something weird is that my 1-2 Switch order says "preparing for shipment" if I check on my computer but "pre-ordered" on my phone. I've tried resetting my phone and logging off and back onto Amazon on it and the same on my computer but no matter what, they say different things on different devices. My Switch itself says "preparing for shipment" on both which makes me feel somewhat better though.

charpunk

My neon switch, pro controller, and joycons have now all shipped from Best Buy (I'm in FL). Just waiting on Best Buy to pick my gray switch and amiibos for in store pickup, and GameStop to ship Zelda master edition.

Lucent

Any other info about how it will be handled? Lines, tickets, etc?

My manager is probably gonna handle it the way she did the NES classic. Around 10pm hand out numbers to people until we run out of numbers. Those people are secured a system to buy at midnight. After an hour if not all of them have been claimed, they're up for grabs by anyone.

KaYotiX

Banned
Having delt with Amazon it's funny to see everyone freaking out.

Half the time I'll get a package and then the notification saying it shipped lol. Y'all need to relax :)

Goddamn, Amazon letting me down hard.

Zelda has been in "Shipping Now" status for a day or so with an arrival date of Friday. An hour ago, I finally get the "Shipped" notification. Hooray!

...except they changed the delivery date to fucking Monday via UPS. First of all, Amazon always uses USPS for my packages. Secondly, UPS never delivers to my house until end of the day (7pm - 8pm EST) because it's pretty much the end of their route.

I'm picking up my Switch tomorrow at midnight, and I had completely expected Amazon to have the game at my doorstep either tomorrow or early Friday. I could even accept late delivery Friday. Fine...whatever...but fucking Monday?!?!

Granted, there's still a chance, but I let CS know that it was very slim and I would probably never be using their service for this purpose again if it doesn't arrive when I expected it.

Ugh. I'm only so upset because this weekend is the best time I'll have to actually play before my schedule changes again. I guess I'll see if I can pick up a copy while I'm out, but we'll see...

Top Bottom