• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

wuth

Having delt with Amazon it's funny to see everyone freaking out.

Half the time I'll get a package and then the notification saying it shipped lol. Y'all need to relax :)

Yup. I usually get my Amazon pre-order packages delivered via courier at 9:00PM... Then it says it has shipped.

If you're in a major metropolitan area, or near a distribution center, they'll be driving straight to your house that night, possibly.

I contacted Amazon about Switch preorder about it arriving next week and I was told I was in the 2nd shipment. I ordered it on Amazon within the first few minutes of it being live.

Yet my Switch preorder with Best Buy (Thank god I did) is om my way to my delivery to my place today. This was order on February 3rd.

Piggus

You guys really need to stop wasting your time with Amazon's CS. They are not going to update you on your shipment beyond what you already know, and they're not going to make it go any faster. They typically ship consoles one day before launch with overnight shipping.

Breath. Relax.

Tendo

My amazon order just updated my switch to arriving Tuesday. What. The. Hell. I ordered within minutes. I'm furious.

blackflag

You guys really need to stop wasting your time with Amazon's CS. They are not going to update you on your shipment beyond what you already know, and they're not going to make it go any faster. They typically ship consoles one day before launch with overnight shipping.

Breath. Relax.

Seriously, having dealt with them many times I know this is normal.

Relax people...now if they change your delivery date then it's time to freak out.

silentbum

Neo Member
Has there been anyone with a Best Buy order for in-store pickup that's had any progress on the status of their order? I keep reading everyone saying they're still just stuck at Pre-Ordered with "Awaiting Authorization" and the correct estimated date.

Just wanna make sure everyone is in that same boat.

Has there been anyone with a Best Buy order for in-store pickup that's had any progress on the status of their order? I keep reading everyone saying they're still just stuck at Pre-Ordered with "Awaiting Authorization" and the correct estimated date.

Don't think anyone posting here anyway has had any movement besides "Pre-Ordered."

ncslamm

It's going to say that until tomorrow night or maybe never change until you pick it up.

lutheran

Yeah. I'm furious. This is the second major screw up from them this year. Already barely used it but done with prime for sure now.

Can't blame you man, I am still waiting on my Amazon delivery status to change. Where do you live if you don't mind me asking.

Best Buy called me to let me know they have my Switch, it's safe and won't be sold to anyone else, and I can pick it up either at midnight or after 10 AM Friday. Nice!

I contacted Amazon about Switch preorder about it arriving next week and I was told I was in the 2nd shipment. I ordered it on Amazon within the first few minutes of it being live.

Yet my Switch preorder with Best Buy (Thank god I did) is om my way to my delivery to my place today. This was order on February 3rd.

That's weird. I ordered my Switch on Amazon, but it wasn't until at least noon PST the day after the presentation. My order has said and still says arriving March 3rd this whole time, despite very clearly being late to order.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Obviously if your delivery date changes you'll wanna contact them. We're talking about people going nuts just because their order hasn't shipped, which is totally normal for Amazon.

I think the anxiety is coming from other people having issues. We've had: Master Edition Zelda mass cancellation, delivery dates being pushed back for editing an order or for no reason at all, Amazon CS telling people that they are part of a second shipment or that they have been moved to the back of the queue, etc, etc.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
You can look back through your bank statement online, searching for Best Buy. If the charge isn't on there, it was a pre-auth that you remember, and you'll need the funds when you pick up.
...hmmm if I can get 52 from my cousin and go donate plasma tomorrow, that might cover it....

I am pretty stoked because I managed to get a preorder at Gamestop during their Pro Day special. I just happened to walk in at the right time, and didn't think they'd have any left. Picking up the system, Zelda, and Skylanders from Gamestop. Ordered my Pro controller, and Bomberman from Best Buy, and they're on their way :)

So I'm guessing if a Best Buy location isn't available in this drop down box they aren't doing a midnight launch? Kind of surprised since my branch isn't there but is a pretty big store. Hrmph. I guess this is probably a good thing in the long run as I have to work in the morning anyway.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-g...ts/pcmcat183100050001.c?id=pcmcat183100050001

This also worries me, all of my games and accessories are listed as "available march 3rd" but the console itself just says "we'll notify you when available for pickup" :|

Well mine still says that it's available Friday, March 3rd which it has since I preordered.

Yup. Awaiting authorization available March 3rd here.

Also my copy of Zelda and Hori Tough Case just shipped from Amazon with a delivery date of Friday.

blackflag

That's weird. I ordered my Switch on Amazon, but it wasn't until at least noon PST the day after the presentation. My order has said and still says arriving March 3rd this whole time, despite very clearly being late to order.

What day was the presentation? I ordered mine Jan 13 but I don't remember if that was the same day or later.

Sushigod7

I talked to Best Buy today about my in store pick up I can't do midnight launch I was just making sure things were ok to be filled etc. They said as long as its in there pre-ordered shouldn't be any issues. At this point the stores have their stock so if you were going to encounter a issue it would have happened already.

Timeaisis

Yep, same for me.

Amazon has my order in Preparing for Shipment status and the pending charges for the Switch and Zelda just appeared in the recent activity for my amex card. I should be good for Friday!

Now I just need to score a ridiculously overpriced Pro Controller from a Walmart tomorrow night.

BooJoh

Regarding orders where Amazon says Friday but UPS says Monday or Tuesday, this happens to me all the time with Amazon orders, and the UPS tracking always ends up changing to "Schedule for Early Delivery" on the original expected date. I've only had one order show up late and I got a month of free Prime for my trouble.

If Amazon themselves show a later date and you're a Prime member then you may want to check with CS, but otherwise I'd just say don't sweat it.

Two of my 4 orders were "Preparing" this morning, then went back to "Not yet shipped" and now 3 out of 4 are Preparing Shipment, all still say Friday, except for the RDS case which has never changed from "We'll need a little more time," and I'm fine with that one not shipping til Friday if that's what happens.

I order from Amazon all the time and everything is going basically as-expected for me.

Tendo

On the phone with amazon. Sounds like I'm boned. Release date delivery doesn't guarantee delivery on release date is what this idiot is saying.

Zelde SE, 1,2 Switch, Bomberman, and my gray Switch console have all just shipped from amazon.

Still waiting on my Pro Controllors to ship, have 1 each from Best Buy and GameStop

SiDCrAzY

i1ygbWt.png

200w.gif

antonz

Jut talked to Amazon about my Order just to check if everything was ok. Turns out it was a good idea I contacted them. They responded with the following.
I'm very sorry about the delay in sending your order. While looking into this, I found a problem that was preventing your order from shipping. This is corrected now, and your order will be shipping soon.

I'd like to get your order to you faster to help make up for the delay, so I've upgraded the shipping method to One-Day Shipping. There's no additional charge for this.

Now says will Ship March 2nd and arrive on the 3rd instead of claiming it will ship today

Jedi2016

Mine from Amazon shipped, UPS.

Which is good, because I can have them hold it at the distribution center and pick it up first thing Friday morning instead of waiting for the truck to show up.

And Zelda's in the same box. Sweet.

Redd

Not gonna lie, I really don't want to wait in line at Gamestop for the midnight launch. My store was telling me how they were gonna hand out tickets before midnight. I don't know what that's about. Was hoping I could drive up around 12:45 when the crowd thins out and grab my Switch. Wonder if I actually need a ticket to grab it at the midnight thing.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I'm far more concerned about this than I should be. On the GDC show floor watching people play Snipperclips and I can't stop myself from obsessively checking my Amazon order history for updates. I am the definition of thirsty.

Dineren

Banned
Anyone know how Best Buy in store preorders are handled? Years ago I had Best Buy give away my preorder to a walkin customer so I've always been nervous about using them. Is that still possible or is the system more locked down now? I've got a preorder with Amazon, but I'd rather get it from Best Buy and I'm running out of time to cancel the Amazon order.

I normally wouldn't worry about it, but this thread has made me paranoid (next time I'm staying out!).

Mechazawa

Jut talked to Amazon about my Order just to check if everything was ok. Turns out it was a good idea I contacted them. They responded with the following.

Now says will Ship March 2nd and arrive on the 3rd instead of claiming it will ship today

ya got me STRAIGHT SPOOKED NOW.

best buy:
wolf link amiibo showed up today
switch case and screen protectors will be here tomorrow
Switch/Zelda/Pro controller all finally shipped to be here Friday

its happening.

its real

Apparently my Amazon pre-order is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, the hell? Luckily I'm not keeping it (I'm returning this one to Best Buy so I can get one at Best Buy at midnight while also using my Amazon gift credit), but that's pretty bullshit.

Thank God my Master Edition is set to arrive on time though.

Tendo

Just canceled Prime. Livid. Done pre ordering for them. This was the 3rd pre order screw up in a row from them.

Top Bottom