• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

Just canceled Prime. Livid. Done pre ordering for them. This was the 3rd pre order screw up in a row from them.

If it weren't for how good they've been with me thus far, I probably would too. I'm going to wait and see what happens, but I'll probably still try to pick up a copy locally if I don't see progress by tomorrow.

It will probably be my first and last time using their Prime "release day delivery" though.

zaff0796

Neo Member
Welp just talked to amazon and they say that my order is currently unavaliable and will ship in 3-4 business days when they restock...WHAT. I ordered this in the middle of the night as soon as they went up.

Did they change the status of your order? Or does it still say it'll be shipped March 1 and arriving March 3 on your order page?

Still hasn't shipped for Amazon, but it now says it'll be delivered by 8pm on Friday instead of just Friday. Encouraging.

*lights sage*

Sylas

Calling/Chatting with Amazon is likely just making things worse/confusing the CS reps. If your date hasn't changed, wait until tomorrow to see what happens.

DonShula

What the fuck is this. I'm chatting with Amazon right now.

Lady: Upon checking here that your order is temporarily out of stock.
Me: Excuse me I had this preordered the moment it went live
Stock should not be an issue
Lady: This means the item is currently out of stock and we’re not sure when we’ll get more of this item.
Me: I would like to escalate and speak to your manager please
Lady: Our supply of some items is limited, and these products sell out quickly. I realize this is disappointing news, and I'm sorry we had to cancel your order.
Me: I HAD THIS PREORDERED
THIS WAS PREORDERED
I would like to speak to your manager

LOL. This is a case where the contacting the wrong person can cause you way more problems than doing nothing.

Still says march 3rd. Do you think she was just saying that cause she didn't know what else to say. Im really hoping so

Maybe the rep just checked the item page and saw it was out of stock? Try not to freak out too much. Seems the reps don't have a crazy amount of knowledge

BooJoh

Still waiting here, Amazon prime member, had to pay 15 bucks on top of that to get priority, Did I mention 15 bucks each for the Switch and Zelda, thankfully the prime pre order saving pretty much paid for the shipping.

Are you in the US? Did you manually choose 1-day shipping when you preordered? That's simply not how release date delivery works with Prime. You choose Free 2-Day Shipping and you get your order on release day with no shipping costs.

Just had a Chat with Amazon:
Thank you, I can see here that this order is already in the final stage of entering the shipping process, do not worry, I do not see any cause of delay of the delivery.

Holding strong for March 3rd! I have BB pre-order too, but that's store pickup and no movement on the website for that yet.

Placktor

Just had a Chat with Amazon:
Thank you, I can see here that this order is already in the final stage of entering the shipping process, do not worry, I do not see any cause of delay of the delivery.

Holding strong for March 3rd! I have BB pre-order too, but that's store pickup and no movement on the website for that yet.

Does yours show at "Not Yet Shipped"?

RootCause

Lady: This means the item is currently out of stock and we’re not sure when we’ll get more of this item.
Lady: Our supply of some items is limited, and these products sell out quickly. I realize this is disappointing news, and I'm sorry we had to cancel your order.
THIS WAS PREORDERED
was it removed from your order page?

LOL. This is a case where the contacting the wrong person can cause you way more problems than doing nothing.
I'm not contacting anyone.

wow. the rage and aggravation in this thread is about Defcon 2.

equivalent to disaster level Dragon
i hope someone gets this

I'm actually pretty excited to go out Friday morning and scrounge around for a Switch without a preorder, lol.

The hunt is fun.
i have a preorder for grey but i agree, so im going to look for a neon tomorrow night/friday morning

Nothing from Amazon for me yet, I have a neon switch pre-ordered from them and Zelda. Switch hasn't shipped yet apparently. Zelda says preparing for shipment......

Also have a grey switch with GameStop, I've been charged and got an email from them stating I'll receive my tracking number tomorrow and expect delivery for Friday....I'm surprised GameStop is doing better than Amazon so far.

Have a pro controller preordered at Best Buy, but that's for pick up so not all concerned.

Tick...Tock...Tick...Tock

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Broke down and called Amazon from the GDC show floor. They assured me it would be delivered Friday. Still not sure I trust it.

timshundo

"Preparing for Shipment" and CC charged from Amazon THERE IS A GOD

Edit: ok being dramatic and panic-y is fun yall but I'm not about to go calling Amazon warehouses or whatever. Jesus.

DonShula

I'm actually pretty excited to go out Friday morning and scrounge around for a Switch without a preorder, lol.

The hunt is fun.

More power to you. I can see it being fun if you're in it for the chase. Making some friends in line, punching them when the doors to the store finally open, spitting on managers, real circle of life stuff.

timshundo

The hunt is fun.

I get that. I did that with Wii U, Vita, PS4 Pro. It's fun and you don't feel like shit for not having one on launch day because you gave it your best. :)

You won't be able to return the Amazon one to Best Buy. They will scan the serial number upon checkout and won't let you return one they didn't sell.

wat? Since when was that a thing and why the hell would they care? I mean, the Amazon credit can go elsewhere (and I'm only doing this because the Amazon order was a back-up to begin with, so why not use the credit since I have the order), but I can't imagine why they would be that concerned where it came from.

Monger

Amazon shipped Zelda early this morning and my package with the Switch and 1-2 Switch just shipped out ~20 minutes ago.

Kind of surprised actually since I often don't get Amazon preorders on release day.

Boke1879

Guys this happens at every launch. I recall this happening before the PS4 came out as well. Most places ship out the day before when it comes to release date delivery.

Nia

Both Zelda and the Switch are listed as preparing to ship now. I hope they will ship early tomorrow at least.

PsychBat!

Banned
Guys this happens at every launch. I recall this happening before the PS4 came out as well. Most places ship out the day before when it comes to release date delivery.

raw

Placktor

Well they say mine is delayed yet it still shows up at march 3rd guaranteed delivery. Im really hoping that the customer support is wrong/confused and I will still get it then.

However after my master edition getting cancelled and this ordeal I don't think I will pre-order anything major from amazon again.

THIS WAS PREORDERED

Same. I had this conversation twice, once over chat and the other over the phone.

LotusHD

Banned

Basically this. But with that being said, no one is better at being bad for your heart like Amazon is lol

Amazon usually doesn't ship my Prime orders until the day before I'm supposed to get them and so far they haven't let me down. That said, the fact I'm still at Not Yet Shipped while others are starting to see movement is a bit concerning. I guess tomorrow will be the day :/

DonShula

Tracked at DC level usually by what was sold to the retailer. Extremely unlikely serial numbers would be recorded/scanned at checkout.

I... don't think this is correct. Console serials get scanned when the console is purchased. The Wii U serial was scanned as well. This is for returns and warranty tracking. There's usually a serial sticker outside the packaging. Some consoles used to have the actual serial number visible through the packaging.

THIS WAS PREORDERED

funny-Seinfeld-reservation-car-rent.jpg

Top Bottom