• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Ogawa-san

Single katana haze doesn't work like it did anymore though T_T
At first I thought those couple people I parried in PvP and didn't immediately lose all of their stamina just had a lot of it. Then I parried a random enemy and same thing happened.

RIP horrendously OP revenant farming.

xuchu

At first I thought those couple people I parried in PvP and didn't immediately lose all of their stamina just had a lot of it. Then I parried a random enemy and same thing happened.

RIP horrendously OP revenant farming.

Just use the dual katana parry (the shrike) or backwave now.

There's no new region in my game. What the actual fuck.

Go to the Store, search "Nioh", go to the DLC page specifically (Dragon of the North).

If it doesn't say purchased, just "purchase" it (if you already bought it, it'll be free) then the "Purchase" button becomes "download" and if your game is already updated to 1.8, when you press X on the "download" button, it'll "complete" the download instantly.

Edit: Do I have to beat the "The Queen's Eyes" mission?

I'd guess yes, because the epilogue of that mission is what leads to the dlc happening as far as story goes.

It is 1.08. What difficulty?

If you press square on the map you can change the difficulty of the game. Way of samurai, way of strong, way of beast.

Also did you beat the main game?

I believe you have to beat Queen eyes as it's part of the main story missions.

N° 2048

This game is perfect. Can play in short sessions or long.

It's my game away from games lol if that makes sense. Also great game for podcasts.

brawly

Those
three clones
in The Queen's Eyes are literally making me ask myself whether I should stop playing videogames. Pure fucking dreck designed to infuriate.

Deku Tree

Those
three clones
in The Queen's Eyes are literally making me ask myself whether I should stop playing videogames. Pure fucking dreck designed to infuriate.

There are videos on youtube showing you how to do it.

If you stand in the right spots you can Aggro them one at a time to the entrance to the room. Then easily defeat them 1v1. It's a little finiky but you can make it work.

Those
three clones

The hand cannon can one shot them. You can get at least one before the rest jump out, though it's possible to do all three.

xuchu

So for anyone who has played ninja gaiden 3. Does
Maria's
moveset remind you of
Regent of the mask

WetWaffle

Hey, so how is the kusarigama for pve and pvp? I feel like I'm limiting myself since I just use 2 katana. 1 normal, the other electric. Also, will someone who's ahead tell me how much Okatsu and the blacksmith skins are? I haven't gone that far in the game.

Hey, so how is the kusarigama for pve and pvp? I feel like I'm limiting myself since I just use 2 katana. 1 normal, the other electric. Also, will someone who's ahead tell me how much Okatsu and the blacksmith skins are? I haven't gone that far in the game.

Tome, Fuku and Ginchiyo are 70K, Okatsu is 100K

As for the new male skins, Masamune is 30K, Shigezane is 20K and Shigenaga is 10K.

I fully expect Maria in next DLC for 200K. I'm ok with paying that much as long as it will be the Kimono look not the boss fight one.

Sarcasm

So I got that water boss with no fire. Took awhile.

You can actually use the bonfires to light your weapon on fire..so three buffs right there >.>

Wooo, finally beat two Yokai in a row. Thanks for the tips in this thread guys.

Also I just discovered I was buying single sword skills and there's a separate menu for dual katana -_- so that's a bunch of samurai points wasted. Wonder if I should just restart my playthrough. I'm fairly early in

Do you guys have any wishes as what they should add as a next weapon? I would really like Sansetsukon, could be fun.

latest

Sarcasm

So I am doing doho and this....

ndo17u55.png

I have done it five times and still no check mark, why? I tried using the skill and whatnot. It wants you to learn and go to skill customization.

None of those three are getting check marks....=(

So I am doing doho and this....

ndo17u55.png

I have done it five times and still no check mark, why? I tried using the skill and whatnot. It wants you to learn and go to skill customization.

None of those three are getting check marks....=(

Sorry, I'm confused. Is that screenshot not yours? I see check marks there, lol.

Sarcasm

OKay yea it was showing checks on wrong ones.

Also I need to up my DEX and my MAGIC, where can I farm to level up? I am in region 2 (completed main mission so can move to next but have sub missions available)?

But man 10 in DEX and MAGIC? Dumping my points into one stat is great but the cost is high now lol >.<

Mesharey

The DLC is really good and it has a lot of contents.
Finished the missions and most missions on NG+.

I think I need to respec for the next DLC, I like dual swords and Axes/Long Katana though :/.

Naite

Trying to finish these last way of the demon missions thru co-op and I can't imagine how some ppl got this far without quick-change scrolls.

xuchu

Wooo, finally beat two Yokai in a row. Thanks for the tips in this thread guys.

Also I just discovered I was buying single sword skills and there's a separate menu for dual katana -_- so that's a bunch of samurai points wasted. Wonder if I should just restart my playthrough. I'm fairly early in

You can buy a very cheap respec book, called the book of reincarnation, from the blacksmith if you want to change your skills and stats. I forget how much it originally costs (think it's 1000 at first) as it increases in price each time you buy it.

Caim

So I guess even the elemental status effects have official names.

Found an interesting magatama with

Throwing Speed Up (Iga Mega Horoku-Dama)
Tenacity (Recurrent Damage) (Status ailments can no longer kill you.)
Status Ailment Augmentation (Saturate) (Makes it easier to inflict water based status ailments)

Had fun using big toad as an Odachi training dummy earlier, https://youtu.be/McRfbwc0xNA

Really like the new dial a combo system, reminds me alot of monster hunter weapon combos.... but god dam do you need to do some heavy fluxing to go fast xD

edit: After writing that down i realize how suspiciously similar it actually is to Long sword in MH....

Deku Tree

I really wanted to like the odachi because it scales perfectly with my Axe build but I tried it out and realized that I am too much of a scrub to constantly switch stances like that and like it says in the skill tree in order to make the most of the weapon.

Also somebody on Reddit pointed out that the ki consumption per damage inflicted on the odachi is very bad compared to other weapons.

If I'm gonna use a heavy weapon I want it to hit hard for lots of damage like the Axe.

xuchu

For those who use dual swords, I made a quick and dirty weapon with skill damage (Sign of the Cross), this will be really good stacked with the master swordsman sign of the cross set bonus. God of wind III ki pulse into SOTC for sick damage.

n0sa25d.jpg

Still don't really know what the star symbol is and I've seen conflicting info about it. What I've noticed is that I've only seen it on drops or when forging weapons through the smithing texts. I have never seen them when reforging special effects.

Had fun using big toad as an Odachi training dummy earlier, https://youtu.be/McRfbwc0xNA

Really like the new dial a combo system, reminds me alot of monster hunter weapon combos.... but god dam do you need to do some heavy fluxing to go fast xD

edit: After writing that down i realize how suspiciously similar it actually is to Long sword in MH....

Sick combos dude. Yeah I'm really liking the weapon too but it uses ki like crazy so gotta double flux all the time. The low stance hilt bash is seriously underrated though, does some good ki damage to enemies.

Hybris

For those who use dual swords, I made a quick and dirty weapon with skill damage (Sign of the Cross), this will be really good stacked with the master swordsman sign of the cross set bonus. God of wind III ki pulse into SOTC for sick damage.

Says Sign of the Cross: I, does that work with sotc: II also?

oops meant to edit my previous post

xuchu

Says Sign of the Cross: I, does that work with sotc: II also?

oops meant to edit my previous post

I would imagine so as what Sotc II does is allow it to charge quicker but not charge more unlike iai QuickDraw for single katana. In fact it works the same way as a number of skills in that Sotc I is only available in the skill customisation menu (no separate Sotc II) and only Sotc I is shown in the status page as well.

I'll test and confirm later tonight by respeccing to only Sotc I and seeing if I do less or the same damage.

Hybris

I would imagine so as what Sotc II does is allow it to charge quicker but not charge more unlike iai QuickDraw for single katana. In fact it works the same way as a number of skills in that Sotc I is only available in the skill customisation menu (no separate Sotc II) and only Sotc I is shown in the status page as well.

I'll test and confirm later tonight by respeccing to only Sotc I and seeing if I do less or the same damage.

Yeah that would be a really strange decision from them if it didn't affect both. The wording makes it a bit ambiguous, but what else is new for this game's special effect stats...

Deku Tree

I played a 2v2 PvP match where something very weird happened.

I would lock on to the player but every time I went to attack them my swing would go sideways and hit the ground no where near them.

It wasn't even swinging where the player used to be on my screen.... Some kind of a weird tracking issue.

Top Bottom