• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

900 divine fragments later and still only AA-, now I have to farm divine fragments cause I don't have any left lol. Will give it another shot in few days when I'm done farming.

Now that I know AA exists, I'm not so bummed about TN nerfing my A+ down to A. I'll hop back into the game for a bit.

EDIT: Lol, forget AA. I can't even get Change to Attack (Skill) back on the damn weapon. 500 divine fragments so far.

EDIT 2:

Made this:

YLivqiT.jpg

Overall it's better than my old one, but still only A stat scaling, goddamnit.

It'll do for now.

Sarcasm

How do I know what the modifiers on weapon/armour do? I am at the wiki, looking at reforge and I can't click anything that mentions like chance to attack/etc.

How do I know what the modifiers on weapon/armour do? I am at the wiki, looking at reforge and I can't click anything that mentions like chance to attack/etc.

I think your best bet would be to ask here :) If you press start on the controller when inspecting an item you gonna have a small tooltip that will explain some of it.

About that that new star that shows up next to special effect, it basically just tell you, that you got super rare special effect on your item. Cross blades next to a special effect mean that it's a pvp stat.

If one gets a roll with Change to Attack A with a star it will be AA- at full familiarity, if one gets roll with A+ and the star it will be AA at full familiarity. Some yellow damage boosters will roll with AA- and the star and that will be AA at full familiarity.

I think your best bet would be to ask here :) If you press start on the controller when inspecting an item you gonna have a small tooltip that will explain some of it.

About that that new star that shows up next to special effect, it basically just tell you, that you got super rare special effect on your item. Cross blades next to a special effect mean that it's a pvp stat.

If one gets a roll with Change to Attack A with a star it will be AA- at full familiarity, if one gets roll with A+ and the star it will be AA at full familiarity. Some yellow damage boosters will roll with AA- and the star and that will be AA at full familiarity.

Well, 1200 divine fragments and I didn't get a single Change to Attack (ANY FUCKING STAT).

So, I'm quitting the "perfect weapon" race.

Well, 1200 divine fragments and I didn't get a single Change to Attack (ANY FUCKING STAT).

So, I'm quitting the "perfect weapon" race.

Oh maybe I should have been more specific, I don't get them through reforging, I don't think you even can, I get them through crafting. You pretty much have to craft a new weapon to have star stats on it. I did try reforging with divine fragments, regular stones and Amita Stones and none of them ever gave me anything.

I started crafting and I was getting them a lot, just not the ones I needed but still.

Oh maybe a should be more specific, I don't get them through reforging, I don't you even can, I get them through crafting. You pretty much have to craft a new weapon to have star stats on it. I did try reforging with divine fragments, regular stones and Amita Stones and none of them ever gave me anything.

i started crafting and I was getting them a lot, just not the ones I needed but still.

I know. But the non-rare Change to Attack (Skill) don't need that, and I couldn't even get one that goes to A+. So I give up.

There are way too many useless fucking attributes now that clutter up the possible tables of rolls.

Shit like "Weaken armor (armor slot)" should be anima stone exclusive (because those are essentially pvp attributes), but they aren't, which causes me to waste divine fragments getting those in slots. Or the attributes that make your attacks unparryable. Those should absolutely be pvp exclusive, but are for some reason in the main table of rollable attributes.

I know. But the non-rare Change to Attack (Skill) don't need that, and I couldn't even get one that goes to A+. So I give up.

Oh so you just trying to get the regular change to attack stat? I didn't really have problem with that. Every weapon I ever made got it for me sooner or later, most often sooner rather than later.

That my friend, is some terrible luck you're facing and with that I cannot help :(

Naite

Not sure the math behind it, but I was able to get enough glory to purchase Okatsu pretty quickly just by being a random co-op visitor. Not a single PvP match played. May have to do with WotD missions or w/e. Sometimes I was getting nearly 10k glory, other times just a few hundred. No idea why.

Also Okatsu's roar gesture sounds hilariously dumb.

spyder_ur

Feels so good to be back in this game. Making my way through the first DLC mission.

I still hate running out of arrows/bullets and having no way to restock other than enemies or going back and restarting the mission though. Someone tell me I've been misssing something this whole time.

If Team Ninja added something where I could change a single attribute of my choice to the max value of something I wanted, but it cost 100 million gold per attribute, I would rather farm the 700 million gold than do this bullshit dance of fuckery where I roll through 200 useless attributes they added in the patch.

I like Tome the best. I mean the girl did so much crafting and reforging for me I owe this to her lol

edit:

@AmethystEnd but some of the new stats are really great :)

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Some of these WotD side missions(solo) are fucking unreal ahaha. I need a better weapon lol. Keep dying the most stupid deaths cause of the damn cannon shooting ninjas in Iga-Style.

Edit: What's the MAX skill specific damages like Sign of Cross/etc on weapons? 25%?

I like Tome the best. I mean the girl did so much crafting and reforging for me I owe this to her lol

edit:

@AmethystEnd but some of the new stats are really great :)

Sure. If you manage to roll the .001% chance to see them.

I'd make animal sacrifices to the blood moon for Sign of the Cross damage up on my dual kats, for example.

But I don't want or need my singleplayer games to have Korean MMORPG percent chances of rolling good things.

Deku Tree

Sure. If you manage to roll the .001% chance to see them.

I'd make animal sacrifices to the blood moon for Sign of the Cross damage up on my dual kats, for example.

But I don't want or need my singleplayer games to have Korean MMORPG percent chances of rolling good things.

Yeah but you can totally dominate the whole game even on WotD difficulty by just using the best stuff that drops naturally for you and spending a short amount of time rolling it until you get "pretty good" bonuses.

There is really no need to try to beat the Korean MMO RNG odds.

Yeah but you can totally dominate the whole game even on WotD difficulty by just using the best stuff that drops naturally for you and spending a short amount of time rolling it until you get "pretty good" bonuses.

There is really no need to try to beat the Korean MMO RNG odds.

I've beaten Two Kings NG+ naked with no ninjutsu, onmyo, or guardian spirit.

I don't NEED the weapons to have the best rolls, but making an amazing weapon was fun. Mechanically, making an amazing weapon now is the same, but they introduced so many new attributes and requirements for the best stuff that it's gotten too ridiculous for even me.

spyder_ur

Getting 2-shot by the first DLC boss. Man. Level 120 is fine right?

I really dislike the system this game has of having to redo the whole mission if you'd like to go back to base, stock up on ammo, reroll gear, etc.

I hate her the most. She caused me so much fear over my ps4 pro fan noise.

Yeah what's up with that? Every time I'm doing something at the blacksmith my pro is going nuts.

edit:

I made a new bow today, super happy with it. The only thing I would add is 100% movement while using a bow but that will require making another bow with no transfer on it and it already was a pain in the ass to get this one to +12, but who knows, maybe one day.

33656785574_083b25e07f_o.png

Ogawa-san

Walked into WotStrong DLC with 150+5 gear and weapons and I feel I'm doing this in WotD instead. Two-shot land, completely outclassed.

And fuck kappas so, so very much.

I really like those duels on wotd, they are so much faster and enemies are pushing all the time. I don't think I'll ever switch my main weapon, parry with Katana is so natural that you don't even have to think about it, just natural reaction.

34471628826_8288a9c5b6_o.gif

Naite

Fuck secrets of the dead solo on WotD. It's paralysis hell.

Yeah that one and the other one with one-eyed imp really took me a while. I ended up using all my elixirs and had to quickly run thru my my menus to find some other healing item to survive. Best method for me was just to run around and wait patiently til they get separated and then hit and run.

xuchu

Really liking way of the demon difficulty. Elite enemies (? Is there an official name for the red ones) are fun to fight and I like that they're random, so that one can be around every corner. I'm only on the second region and it's not too much more difficult than end game way of the strong but I'm sure omi region and beyond will kick my ass.

Ogawa-san

I wanted to vent but I don't want to get quoted like we did with people giving up on Hino-enma, so I'll just post facts of my experience with the DLC so far:

- I've only done the first mission. Way of the Strong, lv200-ish, took me 5h
- I lost literally all the amrita I gained that wasn't from the boss himself
- Took me 2h30 to kill the boss (without sloth)
- I might have tripled my total death counter tonight since most attempts didn't last 10s, thanks to this:
-
g5MVozJ.png

- When I finally killed it, I got the fucking crusher title... I'm pretty sure I can't even repeat a kill, much less a no-hit one

I don't think I'm getting far into the DLC like this. I wonder if I should go get some gear or levels in WotD first, because I haven't seen anything close to an upgrade so far.

Deku Tree

I wanted to vent but I don't want to get quoted like we did with people giving up on Hino-enma, so I'll just post facts of my experience with the DLC so far:

- I've only done the first mission. Way of the Strong, lv200-ish, took me 5h
- I lost literally all the amrita I gained that wasn't from the boss himself
- Took me 2h30 to kill the boss (without sloth)
- I might have tripled my total death counter tonight since most attempts didn't last 10s, thanks to this:
-
g5MVozJ.png

- When I finally killed it, I got the fucking crusher title... I'm pretty sure I can't even repeat a kill, much less a no-hit one

I don't think I'm getting far into the DLC like this. I wonder if I should go get some gear or levels in WotD first, because I haven't seen anything close to an upgrade so far.

Ogawa why not Summon help if you want to go through the DLC? I guess you wanted to do it solo.

I will say that at lvl 200 I would have my main damage scaling stat at 99. And then having a solid build and being able to use it to its full potential is much more important than lvl or anything else.

Level 200 should be fine to start the DLC as long as you have a solid build. I don't think that HE hit me that hard on WotD. She could kill me in 2-3 hits but not one. Maybe look at your defense stats?

N° 2048

I'm on region 4/5 of NG+ and nothing higher than +1 or +2 are dropping.

My weapons are stuck @ +4 right now , how can I get them higher? Keep matching +1s to make those +2,+3,+4, etc

or wait for +2 or +3 to drop?

edit: Pretty much asking what's the best place to farm divine weapons?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Yeah that one and the other one with one-eyed imp really took me a while. I ended up using all my elixirs and had to quickly run thru my my menus to find some other healing item to survive. Best method for me was just to run around and wait patiently til they get separated and then hit and run.
Yea this mission is depleting all my shortcuts lol. Gonna keep the poke game in mind and play this one super safe. Had to take a break from the game last night to come back fresh today with a clear mind. Think I only got this one left and the twilight missions to solo on WotD. It'll feel great once I've conquered them all finally.

Edit: Finally did it! Switched to guardian talisman(Daiba-Washi) and saved it for his ass at the end with final blow combo. Zero fucks given at this point. lol

The dual boss fight side missions, always! On way of strong I think they're the lvl 330 ones. They drop the best (+) divine gear usually with a decent luck build.

Any reason not to just keep leveling up? Is there a limit?
Yes, the ridiculous amrita costs per level at higher levels haha. Level cap was changed from 750 to 400 with patch 1.07.

Deku Tree

I'm on region 4/5 of NG+ and nothing higher than +1 or +2 are dropping.

My weapons are stuck @ +4 right now , how can I get them higher? Keep matching +1s to make those +2,+3,+4, etc

or wait for +2 or +3 to drop?

Marobashi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-KcyKkiX7s

You only have to fight one boss at a time, the mission only has bosses, and it has more bosses than any other mission.

Holy fuck, after all this time I still can't beat the stupid return of the gourd mission. It's just too fucking long, too many guys. They simply don't let you make enough extraction talismans to make it through the entire level. I can easily rush through many WOTD levels, and yet this one in NG+ is still unbeatable. Need to take a break for a few hours. I'm too upset.

Ogawa-san

Anyone else having issues staying online in the game? My connection is fine, I've even been streaming all the way, but every now and then the game drops me offline. It's been like that since last night.

Ogawa why not Summon help if you want to go through the DLC? I guess you wanted to do it solo.

I will say that at lvl 200 I would have my main damage scaling stat at 99. And then having a solid build and being able to use it to its full potential is much more important than lvl or anything else.

Level 200 should be fine to start the DLC as long as you have a solid build. I don't think that HE hit me that hard on WotD. She could kill me in 2-3 hits but not one. Maybe look at your defense stats?
I could've summoned, but If I just wanted to get it done I would've used sloth, it would've been over in one attempt or two.

I'm just trying to figure out what I've done wrong, since no one seems to have had trouble with this boss that two-shotted me for hours. And I don't remember having this much trouble with anything in WotStrong while clearing stuff for the platinum.

Random points aside I don't think my stats are terrible. I might switch to medium armor and lose some of that agility, but I don't know how much of a difference it'll make.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Just got my first Damage Bonus(Less Armor) AA- drop on a damn Taisharyu Wooden Sword 200(+14) LOL fml. Why couldn't it be something sexier ugh.

Holy fuck, after all this time I still can't beat the stupid return of the gourd mission. It's just too fucking long, too many guys. They simply don't let you make enough extraction talismans to make it through the entire level. I can easily rush through many WOTD levels, and yet this one in NG+ is still unbeatable. Need to take a break for a few hours. I'm too upset.
I know this feeling all too well with this game haha. The breaks were absolutely crucial for me in beating the most challenging WotD missions.

Edit:
Ogawa-san, I agree with what Deku said regarding toughness. Dangerously low...you must be getting staggered left and right on WotD(?)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Quick question. How long would it take for a new player to get enough money/Glory to unlock the Okatsu skin while mostly fighting revenants? I'd be willing to tolerate a William playthrough if I can get enough to use Okatsu for the DLC. I'm also willing to farm,

If it's not too bad....I'm getting the Deluxe Edition.

Top Bottom