• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Yuup. Got hyped when I saw that ending.

Started way of Demon. All my equipment is trash. All. of. it. ;_;

I noticed last night that they nerfed my weapon's Change to Attack (Skill) A+ to A.

Kinda killed my will to play since I didn't feel like rolling forever until I got it back. With my Change to Attack Skill nerfed from A+ to A, my level 185+13 weapon only has 16 more attack than my weapon when it was only 160+10 WITH A+.

And I do have a youtube video showing that it was absolutely A+ before the patch.

I guess that's the definition of making game harder for TN, just nerf everything, take away what you can and be set. Instead of making better AI, more aggressive and harder hitting enemies, few more enemies in some places they choose the easy way.

Sarcasm

I think the enemies hit hard enough. Due to the fact that you can make it all not matter with a skill or two.

They also probably should have made the level cap it is now at launch instead of later by lowering it and scaling everything around it.

N° 2048

Does anyone constantly respec lol?

I should stick with one build, going to look for a good Katana+Spear(Red Demon Set) build later.

N° 2048

tumblr_o6aqfi2ukg1s49ju6o1_400.gif

Ogawa-san

Does anyone constantly respec lol?
I'd respec a lot more if putting the points back into the skill trees wasn't such a chore.

I wish we could save a base build to restore after a respec. One with the obligatory onmyou/ninjutsu skills to go with weapon builds, flux, grapple, living water...

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I noticed last night that they nerfed my weapon's Change to Attack (Skill) A+ to A.

Kinda killed my will to play since I didn't feel like rolling forever until I got it back. With my Change to Attack Skill nerfed from A+ to A, my level 185+13 weapon only has 16 more attack than my weapon when it was only 160+10 WITH A+.

And I do have a youtube video showing that it was absolutely A+ before the patch.
God damn, that's just crazy. I was thinking of soul matching my 160 +10 to higher levels but if it's not that big of a damage increase then wtf is the point.

God damn, that's just crazy. I was thinking of soul matching my 160 +10 to higher levels but if it's not that big of a damage increase then wtf is the point.

The damage increase is big, right now my sword does more damage at lvl180+13 and player level 330 than it did at lvl160+10 and player level 750. He took a hit on damage not because of the weapon level but because his primary scaling was lowered to A from A+

Naite

I totally forgot soul matching the same item repeatedly dramatically increases the cost. I have all my old 160+10 gear at 190+14/15 and it costs way too much to go any futher. Pretty much have to grab new versions of what I have but I don't want to go thru that path of farming and reforging everything again.

Odachi with fire where are you

Are there any that drop late in NG++? Just got to 4th region.

I know I can just try to roll it, but that would take forever and the swords that I have all have permanent bonuses related to other elements, so it would be a waste of a slot.

Thanks for the clarification. Glad I misunderstood lol.
Still sucks though regarding the A+ to A descaling. I'm still chasing that transferable A+ Change to Attack Skill myself and no luck. :(

How does one go about looking for transferable "change to attack ______" weapons? Would love spirit/magic one to go with my odachi.

I totally forgot soul matching the same item repeatedly dramatically increases the cost. I have all my old 160+10 gear at 190+14/15 and it costs way too much to go any futher. Pretty much have to grab new versions of what I have but I don't want to go thru that path of farming and reforging everything again.

How much does it cost? My +13 sword only costs around 300k to upgrade to +14 and it was upgraded from +0 150lvl weapon all the way till +13.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
The damage increase is big, right now my sword does more damage at lvl180+13 and player level 330 than it did at lvl160+10 and player level 750. He took a hit on damage not because of the weapon level but because his primary scaling was lowered to A from A+
Still sucks though regarding the A+ to A descaling. I'm still chasing that transferable A+ Change to Attack Skill myself and no luck. :(

xuchu

Apparently there is now a higher tier than A+ called AA.

unknown.png

Some people are saying the star icon denotes a max possible roll while others are saying they are drop only affixes (cannot get them through reforging). So look out for that if you're doing way of demon and using whatever weapons you find. I imagine by the time all dlc is released team ninja will bring back the glorious 320 weapons that we had in patch 1.00.

Really hyped to play the dlc this weekend.

unknown.png

The star icon denotes a max possible roll. So look out for that if you're doing way of demon and using whatever weapons you find. I imagine by the time all dlc is released team ninja will bring back the glorious 320 weapons that we had in patch 1.00. Really hyped to play the dlc this weekend.

And reforging continues lol I wonder what is the highest close combat damage now.

Kaako

Felium Defensor

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/290653974422355978/309372127910428674/unknown.png

The star icon denotes a max possible roll. So look out for that if you're doing way of demon and using whatever weapons you find. I imagine by the time all dlc is released team ninja will bring back the glorious 320 weapons that we had in patch 1.00. Really hyped to play the dlc this weekend.
Ohhh my god. Part of me just wants to give up yet another part wants to push on. This endgame reforging is a damn rabbit hole lol.

How does one go about looking for transferable "change to attack ______" weapons? Would love spirit/magic one to go with my odachi.
Lucky drop from Revs? Or maybe god roll in reforging? You are definitely asking the wrong person though since I still can't find one to save my life lol.

Damn, here I am still like level 140 with +2 weapons.
Haha I feel you on this. My gear is not adequate for my liking in this game because it is never the best. I just want the best gear w/out having to put in major work(which I did previously), is it too much to ask? lol

So I guess they gonna bump scaling to AAA with next DLC and then it will be S with the last one? Or maybe S with next one and SS with the last one.

Still mad at loosing so many levels but at least there is something to work on now lol

Naite

How much does it cost? My +13 sword only costs around 300k to upgrade to +14 and it was upgraded from +0 150lvl weapon all the way till +13.

At first it was costing me millions or tens of millions because I was speed running through way of the demon to get to the twin boss fights and soul matching gear 10-20 levels higher. Now it's only costing me anywhere from 400-700k now that it's all level 200 stuff and is much more managable.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Should I sell or disassemble my old divine 150(+) gear? I got 1000+ in storage I need to get rid of. :/

Ogawa-san

Should I sell or disassemble my old divine 150(+) gear? I got 1000+ in storage I need to get rid of. :/
Yeah, I just looked at my two month old inventory and all that locked +1 and above gear I was keeping for soul matching looks silly now. I might just disassemble literally everything I'm not wearing until I hit the DLC.

Finally got to try some PVP, and it is so obscenely broken. It's either "how many buffs/debuffs can I stack" or "who's overleveled? You are!", and it's god-awful to play. I think I had maybe 4 or 5 fair matches out of the 20 I played. Won't be seriously touching it again until TN severely rebalances it in a patch (keeping all stats/weapons/gear at flat amounts and banning direct attack/defense modifiers like Carnage and Protection would be a great start).

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Yeah, I just looked at my two month old inventory and all that locked +1 and above gear I was keeping for soul matching looks silly now. I might just disassemble literally everything I'm not wearing until I hit the DLC.
Yup, this is gonna be a pain in the ass going through everything lol.

Now I'm confused, is Amita Stone reforging only for pvp, I mean stats like Damage to enemies with agility A B C seems like a pure pvp stat, (or damage through block, no parry while blocking etc) since enemies in pve don't have agility categories.

Naite

Just played with someone that was throwing kunai with as much damage per kunai as a strong/skill attack from my spear

Now I'm thinking of creating an entirely opposite build of what I have.

Since I never bothered to upgrade weapons: how do you upgrade one at level 150? I know they can be pushed to lvl 150+10, but that's the extent of my knowledge, which is now biting me in the ass for the DLC since I'm not inflicting a whole lot of damage. Used to be fine for the end of the main campaign, but with just the first DLC mission I get the impression the game expected me to have better gear by now.

just started DLC, first level
two kappas and tengu
are kicking my ass, 2 rusty.

Can I get a Berserk Guts sword with the new weapon type or is it all katana

kaioshade

I give up. Cant beat second boss. This isn't fun anymore. Can't get morw than one hit in before it spins and takes over half of my life away. Every guide says use low stance and drain its ki, but low does no damage.

I give up. Cant beat second boss. This isn't fun anymore. Can't get morw than one hit in before it spins and takes over half of my life away. Every guide says use low stance and drain its ki, but low does no damage.

You want to co-op to beat it?

Otherwise, she's got a pretty healthy window of recovery after each of her attacks for 2-3 mid/high attacks depending on your weapon.

Dumb question: does the weight of your items affect Ki regeneration/use? Or just how quick you are and dodge/roll distance?

Agility Info:

-Affects the distance and speed of your dodge/roll. The lighter you are, the further and faster you dodge/roll.

-Affects your stamina recovery speed i.e. The less agile you are, the slower you regenerate stamina

-Some Weapons come with a + Damage from Agility bonus based on your present Agility. You get about 13% damage increase at the highest level of agility (A) and about 9% with medium agility (B) and a nominal increase with heavy agility (C) or above

-Ranks range from A to D, A having the best ki regeneration, needing the player to have <30.0% equipment ratio, B having good ki regeneration, needing the player to have <70.0% equipment ratio, C having decent ki regeneration, needing the player to be <100.0% equipment ratio, and D having the worst ki regeneration, with anything that is >100.1% causing massive ki usage during dashes and sprints, as well as offering the worst maneuverability.

So I just picked up this game after greatly enjoying Bloodborne and I have to say I'm really raging and not enjoying fighting against the Yokai early on in the game.

Is hitting that horn weak spot really the only way to stagger them / drop their Ki? That seems really cheap and unfun to me :/ Any other advice for fighting them? I literally can't even make it past the first major level because every time I come across a Yokai it feels like I'm just beating my head against the wall against an extremely cheap enemy.

So I just picked up this game after greatly enjoying Bloodborne and I have to say I'm really raging and not enjoying fighting against the Yokai early on in the game.

Is hitting that horn weak spot really the only way to stagger them / drop their Ki? That seems really cheap and unfun to me :/ Any other advice for fighting them? I literally can't even make it past the first major level because every time I come across a Yokai it feels like I'm just beating my head against the wall against an extremely cheap enemy.
The kick move (from the skill tree) is your friend. Drops a chunk of stamina on any enemy it hits. Cheap on samurai skill points too.

General rule of thumb: if a manoeuvre doesn't look all too flashy in the preview video, then it likely has another primary purpose.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle

Maybe you just need to think outside the box. I couldn't beat the first boss for a whole evening. Kept going again and again. Nothing. I spent the next evening grinding the area around him and
evetually I learned a skill that allowed me to throw blinding bombs. It didn't seem to work on him 100% of the time but once it DID he just ran into the corner and kept raging into it while I attacked him from behind. It was so easy when he was blind.

Not saying that exact solution is the key, of course, but you can always grind until you can brute force something. It had been awhile since I'd played a game like this, so I forgot that.

The yoki are slow (except the ninja ones) and have a limited set of moves just go the opposite side they attack. They quickly become the standard enemies and don't need to use anything special to beat them, breaking the horns makes the fights a bit quicker but you don't need to do it to beat them.

deim0s

Onryoki?

Stick close except when he's spinning his balls - he's slow, so evade while in low stance and concentrate getting hits behind him. And get some kicks in while you're at it.

Top Bottom