• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

Kaako

Felium Defensor
That I can do so is great. I think I got a +10 Katana that has all the perks I wanted.

Damnit I wish I could play tonight :( already bought the dlc and everything
Take your time with it and enjoy! I'm having a blast with it still. The new special effects make reforging even crazier lol.

Finally got spear+katana to +5.
Yeaaah buddy. Before you know it, +10 then +15 and +20.

BeeDog

Did as people suggested on the previous page and did some minor grinding on the initial levels on the NG+ difficulty level. Then retried the two-boss side missions and finished both of them on the first try each. Damn, didn't know improved items did that much of a difference!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Not sure if anyone has any insight or a way of knowing but does playing online vs offline has any effect what so ever on loot drop rarity? I know it technically shouldn't but you never know with this game lol.

So were the last two dlc bosses meant to be so tanky? I spent like an hour on each boss, trying to see if there was anyway too do more damage.
- Green/blue boss way just way too aggressive
- Blondie was just straight up cheatin for half the fight, and has some block rules

Odachi is pure shiteee

Kaako

Felium Defensor
So were the last two dlc bosses meant to be so tanky? I spent like an hour on each boss, trying to see if there was anyway too do more damage.
- Blondie was just straight up cheatin for half the fight, and has some block rules

Odachi is pure shiteee
Yea haha. Blondie was a pain in the ass on WotD solo. They both hit like a fucking truck too. You are now an Odachi master.

New Miduki gameplay(Twilight Kitty WotD)
Is he using Iai strikes to close in distance in some cases? :O
Thought they were misses at first lol.

Naite

Not sure if anyone has any insight or a way of knowing but does playing online vs offline has any effect what so ever on loot drop rarity? I know it technically shouldn't but you never know with this game lol.

I was told that co-op has better chances but I haven't noticed any difference. I've been doing hands of the dragon co-op to try and get some 210 gear, but I've never gotten anymore gear over 200 ever since I cleared each WotD mission once.

Odachi is pure shiteee
I had an interesting time fighting the last dlc boss. I tried slowly dodging and parrying her attacks and then after an hour I gave up and used my spear tank build to spam tornado while she spammed attacks on me. It looked silly as fuck. Eventually I got lucky and she got stunned just when I needed to heal and I could spam more tornado til she died.

Guys what does the everlasting ki effect actually do?
Gives a %chance that you can keep attacking even when you're out of ki. Not sure if you could reach 100% if you stack it. Still probably run the risk of getting stunned so I would ignore it.

Yeah, this "feature" of enemies smacking amrita off you and thus ensuring that instead of LV activating at 1 health you just die is definitely by far the worst in the game.

Odachi is pure shiteee

I parried green/blue to death. He was dead in 2~3 parries+followups (parry~sign of the cross~final blow~god of wind from behind as they rise).

Blondie, as far as I can tell, can just ignore any and all hitstun, so it was pretty much just combo dodge combo dodge ad infinitum without being fancy.

I tried parrying Blondie (dual kats) for 10 deaths, and I swear I hit the sweet spot 70% of the time and parries didn't work.

Can you just not parry when the weapon is enchanted (as in, 95% of the fight)?

Naite

I parried green/blue to death. He was dead in 2~3 parries+followups (parry~sign of the cross~final blow~god of wind from behind as they rise).

Blondie, as far as I can tell, can just ignore any and all hitstun, so it was pretty much just combo dodge combo dodge ad infinitum without being fancy.

I tried parrying Blondie (dual kats) for 10 deaths, and I swear I hit the sweet spot 70% of the time and parries didn't work.

I read somewhere that it could be parried but I had no success with it. I've been able to parry the dual boss in the dlc when they use their living weapon though.

So here are some of the things I've found out so far in regards to various perks

A Equip Weight perk seems to have little effect (3%) until you hit 31 weight then it bumps up to about 11%. I stacked weight up to above 40 and it didnt seem to increase this value much at all (less than 1%) so 31 weight appears to be the sweet spot for this effect.

Agil Bonus at A rank gives 15.6% bonus at A rank agil, 10.3% at B rank and 3.5% at C rank so you definitely want to hit B rank agility at the very least to get the most out of this perk.

In my testing I found that Onmyo magic actually scales with A- Ninjutsu Bonus. Onmyo actually scales better than attack (Onmyo was 8% to attack 4%) but overall this perk offers very low damage so not sure if it is worth acquiring. Ninjutsu damage skills scale the best at 9%. This does appear to be multiplicitive with Ninjutsu thrown weapon mystic art but not with any other effect that I tested.
EDIT: I should mention that all values above are with 99 Dex and Skill for maximum base Ninjutsu damage. At default levels the bonus equates to Onmyo at 3%, attack at 1%, ninjutsu skills at ~3.7% in my testing so far.

Close combat damage is literally a 1-1 additive value for all attacks.
EDIT: Close combat attack might have a slightly higher diminishing return value as it after testing more it seems to scales one to one up to 33% but at 41% it only offers a 37% increase. I would guess the diminishing returns cap for this stat is 35% given the data but without being able to be more precise with my close combat damage percentages it is difficult to nail down. But even assuming it is 35% the diminishing returns for this stat seem much less harsh than most others I've tested so far.

A Damage bonus less armor maxes out at 8% with only 1 piece of armor equipped. With 3 it gives 5.4% with 4 it gives 3.1%
EDIT: Just as an FYI, the weight of a given peice of equipment either equipped or when unequipped has absolutely no impact on the damage scaling for this

Familiarity bonus has no effect on any damage except for the weapon it is n so dont put this on you ranged wep for a damage boost to your melee it doesnt work. At A familiarity rank it offers a 13.7% increase at full fam ranking.

Scaling at A vs AA appears to be a difference of around 5-7% total attack depending on the stat with Dexterity representing an only 5% difference, Skill 6% and Heart 7%. Worth noting that since this is stat scaling it is its own category based on the individual stat being scaled so it seems impossible to cap this as you cannot stack multiple stat scaling values and the highest possible return from any scaling so far seems to be around 27%.
EDIT: On my second test I'm getting some conflicting damage figures from stat scaling. For whatever reason Skill seems to be benefiting much more this time than last. Still trying to isolate what the cause of the discrepancy is. I will update once I can piece it together but for now just know that these initial figures may not be 100% accurate. I think perhaps the stat scaling is much more gradient than the otherwise simple A to AA rating would imply meaning there may be multiple levels of A and AA scaling. I'll d some more testing and see if I can confirm that theory.

You also cannot stack multiples of any of these individual perk as it just defaults to counting whichever is the highest value. So lets say you have an axe with AA scaling from stam and A agil ranking you would get 0 benefit from the Obsidian Armor set perk of A stamina scaling or A agil perk on your ranged weapon.
EDIT: Important to note that while you cant stack scaling of the same Stat you can stack scaling of different stats so for example armor set bonuses that give A Stamina scaling and weapons that give A strength scaling both values would stack with one another without any sort of diminishing returns.

Furthermore and most importantly all perks tested so far have been purely additive and not multiplicitive. Also there seems to be a hard drop in effectiveness when any individual value exceed 30% bonus damage. This also includes specific skill damage perks like Sign of the cross but does not apply to sign of the cross + skill damage as they are separate perks and therefore represent different additive factors with individual caps. So stacking sign of the cross damage will cap out at a maximum of 30% with extremely minimal gains (about 3% for more than 20 over the 30 cap) for any values over that 30%.

Now this is all just based on preliminary testing. Ill need to run things through many more times before I would feel comfortable saying its conclusive as there are so many different factors to account for and its relatively easy to forget to consider one or two. But for now I'm pretty happy with the data I have and it should help everyone to try and eek out even more damage from their builds.

Edit: New dual sword heavy tank build(zero elemental damage taken) by Fuzzy Bearbarian:
https://youtu.be/HAQnJ-s_HsA

HAHA 100% elemental damage reduction! Thats insane! Looks like fun.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing with 24.7% Weapon SOTC damage and 21% skill damage too. Using 5pc Kingo's/4pc master Swordsman and its shredding through things. Do you know if SOTC conflicts with CCD though?

Also I've noticed something weird when stacking lots of final blow damage almost like there are some hidden diminishing returns at some point.

Sorry I somehow missed this post yesterday but going by my initial data no CC and Sign of the Cross damage are separate values and are additive with each other at full scaling up to 30%.

xuchu

Great testing Grumplestilskin. Yeah I also noticed big diminishing returns when stacking multiple versions of the same effect, read that it was around 30% for most effects as well.

So is there any point in using Skill Damage (SOTC) up with master swordsman set then?

Great testing Grumplestilskin. Yeah I also noticed big diminishing returns when stacking multiple versions of the same effect, read that it was around 30% for most effects as well.

So is there any point in using Skill Damage (SOTC) up with master swordsman set then?

Well yea you get 1-1 return up until the 30% cap. I forget what my Master Swordsman set bonus is at currently but presumably not 30% but if the numbers in your original post are accurate then Skill Damage of 21% should be a much better damage boost for sign of the cross over rerolling it to a Sign of the Cross damage % as you would only have 5.3% more sign of the corss damage before hitting diminishing returns.. It all depends on how much each individual Sign of the Cross skill boost is and whether or not it would better serve your total damage to roll a different effect. For example skill damage % is a different effect so it would stack on top of the Master Swordsman set bonus without hitting diminishing returns so given you roll a high enough Skill Damage boost on your dual katanas it could actually boost Sign of the Cross damage more than stacked Sign Of The Cross damage %. But again it all depends on the exact rolls you have.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I was told that co-op has better chances but I haven't noticed any difference. I've been doing hands of the dragon co-op to try and get some 210 gear, but I've never gotten anymore gear over 200 ever since I cleared each WotD mission once.
Damn, same for me. The only time I got a 200+ equipment and weapon was the first time I completed WotD. They've not been dropping ever since. And mine dropped on A Cursed Doppelganger WotD I believe. Beat him on first try which was an absolute nightmare and I got the 205 weapon drop. I was happy af lol. Still chasing that 210 weapon & CTA skill A+/AA.

*Great info!*
HAHA 100% elemental damage reduction! Thats insane! Looks like fun.
Right!? Sign me the fuck up. Just gotta put weight reduction on a bunch of stuff since I love my movement.

BeeDog

When it comes to equipment weight, I try to keep it under 60% (I am in green around 57%). Is the effect on Ki/stamina usage more granular (i.e. each little point added to the weight leads to bigger Ki usage), or can I equip stuff up until it turns to orange? Never really understood this part.

Mesharey

When it comes to equipment weight, I try to keep it under 60% (I am in green around 57%). Is the effect on Ki/stamina usage more granular (i.e. each little point added to the weight leads to bigger Ki usage), or can I equip stuff up until it turns to orange? Never really understood this part.
Up until it turns orange, I think it's up to 69.9% btw and not 60%.

So from 30% to 69.9% it's all the same.

Sarcasm

Figured it out.

Man I really suck at this game heh. It is worse that if you get hit once..you can't really do anything.

xuchu

Secrets of the dead, way of the demon solo be like:

13680_1.jpg

And its all cos of this fucker!

nioh-bestiaire-yokai-008.jpg

Jamiaro

This game has suddenly become really overwhelming. :/ Just started to play after the DLC released (I've been on a break for nearly two months) and there is so much stuff to play!

My build is really uneven and all over the place (Warrior of the East and Red Devil combo with Yasakani Magatama, all equipment over +5) and I don't know what set should I start farming for. :(

I main a Sword and a Spear and I'd like to keep it that way. Any tips from pros? Level 167 atm, I've completed WAY OF THE STRONG. Please help.

Sarcasm

If you get hit once try to dodge directly, L1+ any direction, usually works.

I am use to dodging in soulsbrone (which I know this game is really not like it in terms of combat, shortcuts and other stuff maybe).

I am even in low stance and under 66.9% weight. Character acts like they just found jesus or something when got hit once >.<

Odachi is pure shiteee
Maria's cheating nature becomes really obvious in a LVL 1 run as well. After a couple hours of play, I've only depleted her stamina once when she powered up her weapon and even that felt like a stroke of luck. Her illogical regeneration is too much. Not keen on her ignoring being hit in the middle of a combo string either and promptly whipping out the parry / grab in her normal state, unlike virtually every other human boss. Shame too, because it's a fun change of pace with how it more or less feels like a fencing match (read: weaving in and out of range for quick pokes) due to the increased difficulty of parrying most of her attacks and her elusive movement. Shouldn't be too hard for Team Ninja to fix those aforementioned flaws, unless they're actually okay with those design flaws, which wouldn't be surprising since they gave it the OK to begin with.

Aggression for the green/blue boss I didn't particularly mind, although from a no-damage melee-only perspective you lack active options if he spammed that triple AoE attack. Best you can pre-emptively do is stick relatively close to him so he has a higher likelihood of throwing out different attacks, although that's not a 100% certainty.

Favourite thing about the game has to be the Book of Reincarnation.

Started off the game intending to go down the ninjitsu route but quickly realised that a lot of that stuff isn't really decent until around level 80 so went varied, towards the end of the game I decided I enjoyed a basic duel swords build the most from what I had played with so did a respec for that. Finished the game and wanted to look into different builds I didn't properly try such as a ninjitsu build, now NG+ has new life as it lets me fully experiment straight off the bat without being too OP (the build is OP though). When I get bored I can just switch it up and try something else. I wish more RPG's allowed this and as easy as they have done in Nioh as it respects my time by not forcing me to grind nor do I have to go to a specific place when I want to be doing something else.

One of the sub missions that opens up is essentially that boss with the aggressiveness quadrupled, so you'll probably enjoy that.

I no damaged it early with usual restrictions, maybe my game was bugged but he seemed exactly the same xD Still really love him though
https://youtu.be/DjdWDuZVt38

Maria's cheating nature becomes really obvious in a LVL 1 run as well. After a couple hours of play, I've only depleted her stamina once when she powered up her weapon and even that felt like a stroke of luck. Her illogical regeneration is too much. Not keen on her ignoring being hit in the middle of a combo string either and promptly whipping out the parry / grab in her normal state, unlike virtually every other human boss. Shame too, because it's a fun change of pace with how it more or less feels like a fencing match (read: weaving in and out of range for quick pokes) due to the increased difficulty of parrying most of her attacks and her elusive movement. Shouldn't be too hard for Team Ninja to fix those aforementioned flaws, unless they're actually okay with those design flaws, which wouldn't be surprising since they gave it the OK to begin with.

Weirdest rule Maria has is that she will guard block the second attack of a string, only if she just did the sword flip or long range dash string. So you can only do a good amount of ki damage using (light-heavy attacks) after she does that move.
Of course this only applies in the first phase, cause after that her poise =100%.

Dont ever parry, so didnt even think that was what i was meant to be doing xD

xuchu

New Miduki gameplay(Twilight Kitty WotD)
Is he using Iai strikes to close in distance in some cases? :O
Thought they were misses at first lol.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=psMspD-BrJk
Loved how Miduki took on the DLC bosses as well.

Dont ever parry, so didnt even think that was what i was meant to be doing xD

She's actually not too hard to parry or perfect guard (backwave) on way of the samurai. Problem is on way of the strong and demon she starts out with her weapon enchantment/LW, which as far as I have tested and tried is unparriable. It's strange as some other bosses can be parried while using they are using LW, like
Shigezane (human form
) while others can't like Shima Sakon.

Generally if they are using LW I tend to avoid parrying though.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Ugh damn this paralysis hell. I beat every single WotD mission solo on first try almost with my unoptimized build except this one. It gave me such hell that I had to physically take a break and come back to it the next day fresh lol. Once that last wave started, I just booked it straight for that main rev and unleashed everything I had and items I didn't even need to just because. This mission pissed me off haha.

And yes, Miduki is amazing in motion. I dig the spacing and footwork in a major way. Not the flashiest but still very entertaining to watch as well.

This game has suddenly become really overwhelming. :/ Just started to play after the DLC released (I've been on a break for nearly two months) and there is so much stuff to play!

My build is really uneven and all over the place (Warrior of the East and Red Devil combo with Yasakani Magatama, all equipment over +5) and I don't know what set should I start farming for. :(

I main a Sword and a Spear and I'd like to keep it that way. Any tips from pros? Level 167 atm, I've completed WAY OF THE STRONG. Please help.
Definitely nowhere near pro level but for me what helped and got the ball rolling was just to simply start playing again. Focus only on Way of the Demon difficulty if you have the DLC since you've beaten everything on Strong and level up accordingly as needed. WotD missions give way more Amrita/gold so grind those levels for way better rewards. With the new update, builds need to be more focused since new cap is level 400 and you can only have 99 in 3 skill attributes. But once you start playing again regularly, you'll get into the flow of things naturally as before. It did get daunting in the beginning of WotD & DLC cause of so much new stuff and different level drops. Once they evened out at level 200 though, it was much easier to manage.

Also you can soul match your best/perfect roll equipment with stuff that has a purple special effect(Soul match cost reduction) for muuuch cheaper and can get your main gear to level 200 that way. Still in the middle of optimizing builds personally as well since this is a never ending process it seems haha. This game is too much at times.

xuchu

Ugh damn this paralysis hell. I beat every single WotD mission solo on first try almost with my unoptimized build except this one. It gave me such hell that I had to physically take a break and come back to it the next day fresh lol. Once that last wave started, I just booked it straight for that main rev and unleashed everything I had and items I didn't even need to just because. This mission pissed me off haha.

And yes, Miduki is amazing in motion. I dig the spacing and footwork in a major way. Not the flashiest but still very entertaining to watch as well.

Yeah, ended up beating it by being more aggressive. The key with the 1.06 update arena battle missions is knowing that the enemies are on a spawn timer (very fast on way of the demon) and learning their spawn points in order to burst them down with a charged iai or behind the back heavy stance combo.
If you play too slow or safe, the enemies will quickly pile up and overwhelm you with like 5 of those umbrellas and flying bolts around as well tengu running all over the place. Yeah I rushed that boss revenant too.

That other similar mission with umbrellas and mages took me even longer more cos the room is just so small.This weapon dropped for all the trouble though.

at max familiarity:

Will keep it as is, in the storehouse, as I like my master swordsman swords and I don't like random slice cos its hard to control.

And I think Miduki can be flashy if he/she wants to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxS51HqgiYY - katana spotlight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO0jjaJCInw - Small juggling showcase
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGSlTnqHhb8 - Dojo duels compliation

Raptor

Ok Im at the first boss on the ship, Level 11

Can I treat this like I treat Bloodborne, meaning I dont want to tank or gear to tank, I want to be as agile as possible with a build that specializes on not being touched instead of tanking, can anyone give me a goal or a build to look forward, OP as hell please.

Katanas or Double katanas, I dont mind the chains with a blade weapon, but no spears or axes I dont like them.

Ok Im at the first boss on the ship, Level 11

Can I treat this like I treat Bloodborne, meaning I dont want to tank or gear to tank, I want to be as agile as possible with a build that specializes on not being touched instead of tanking, can anyone give me a goal or a build to look forward, OP as hell please.

Katanas or Double katanas, I dont mind the chains with a blade weapon, but no spears or axes I dont like them.

Yes you can be light and mobile as hell using light armor and still hit like a truck :) Don't know about any builds as I use my own but I'm pretty sure there are plenty. Dual katanas users tend to use heavy armor so not sure how many builds you can find for light dk build.

Oh yuuusss, thats what I wanted to read.

:D

This is how I play, I use single Katana and I sacrifice all defense and toughness for damage and I have very high survivability through mobility.

Now it's even better and easier thanks to new special effect, that let you lower enemy attack with your attacks. You get over 20% chance for that, so one in five hits and with low katana stance this is pretty much perma effect.

I can never, ever go back to anything less than Rank A Agility (<%30).

Yep, my max weight is 12 now with one medium head piece (warrior of the west) and I can't imagine playing with anything other than A. I tried yesterday and it's not that great and fun for me. I'm pretty sure it's because I was always A since I started the game and now after 500 hours it's really hard to adapt to a new agility rank.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Yeah, ended up beating it by being more aggressive. The key with the 1.06 update arena battle missions is knowing that the enemies are on a spawn timer (very fast on way of the demon) and learning their spawn points in order to burst them down with a charged iai or behind the back heavy stance combo.
If you play too slow or safe, the enemies will quickly pile up and overwhelm you with like 5 of those umbrellas and flying bolts around as well tengu running all over the place. Yeah I rushed that boss revenant too.

That other similar mission with umbrellas and mages took me even longer more cos the room is just so small.This weapon dropped for all the trouble though.

at max familiarity:

Will keep it as is, in the storehouse, as I like my master swordsman swords and I don't like random slice cos its hard to control.

And I think Miduki can be flashy if he/she wants to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxS51HqgiYY - katana spotlight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO0jjaJCInw - Small juggling showcase
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGSlTnqHhb8 - Dojo duels compliation
A great drop like that makes it all worth it in the end. And good points on regarding Miduki flash. He/she can definitely be flashy as seen in the sick videos you linked.

Regarding 200+ level weapon/armor drops. I'm also starting to think that they only drop from killing red glowing enemies/bosses on WotD. It's hard to remember exactly which enemy dropped what but for you guys that have gotten 200+ drops, do you remember if you got it from a glowing red enemy on WotD or not? Might be something worth looking into since still can't forge/buy anything over level 200. I got mine from A Cursed Doppelganger the first time I faced him but he was glowing red with all sorts of special effects. I tried farming him but no luck after that first time in dropping anything over 200. :/

Raptor

This is how I play, I use single Katana and I sacrifice all defense and toughness for damage and I have very high survivability through mobility.

Now it's even better and easier thanks to new special effect, that let you lower enemy attack with your attacks. You get over 20% chance for that, so one in five hits and with low katana stance this is pretty much perma effect.

If I dont have that kind of gear can I go naked or something?

lol

Regarding 200+ level weapon/armor drops. I'm also starting to think that they only drop from killing red glowing enemies/bosses on WotD. It's hard to remember exactly which enemy dropped what but for you guys that have gotten 200+ drops, do you remember if you got it from a glowing red enemy on WotD or not? Might be something worth looking into since still can't forge/buy anything over level 200. I got mine from A Cursed Doppelganger the first time I faced him but he was glowing red with all sorts of special effects. I tried farming him but no luck after that first time in dropping anything over 200. :/

Did you guys try to craft it? I'm only 3rd region in and my blacksmith max craft is 185lvl and yet it did craft me a 200lvl sword. Maybe it's like it used to be with 160/320lvl gear, very rare to craft but can happen.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Did you guys try to craft it? I'm only 3rd region in and my blacksmith max craft is 185lvl and yet it did craft me a 200lvl sword. Maybe it's like it used to be with 160/320lvl gear, very rare to craft but can happen.
I tried for 40+ minutes with no luck; already solo'd WotD and highest difficulty level just in case. Can only get divine 200(+1) drops from blacksmith & hidden tree house. Gonna look further into it but another guy on youtube said he crafted for over 2 hours and no luck on anything above 200. It will really suck if they are only special red enemy drops as I'm starting to suspect. :/
I really hope this is not the case.

BeeDog

Damn, having huge issues with the second DLC boss.

I can't for the life of me find a good way to avoid his blue phase. I try to dodge all slashes to drain him of Ki, but he keeps spamming the side-slash attack and it feels impossible to dodge.

Any suggestions? :(

xuchu

Yep, my max weight is 12 now with one medium head piece (warrior of the west) and I can't imagine playing with anything other than A. I tried yesterday and it's not that great and fun for me. I'm pretty sure it's because I was always A since I started the game and now after 500 hours it's really hard to adapt to a new agility rank.

In terms of numbers there isn't that much difference in ki usage for both evasion and attacks between A and B agility rank. The big difference comes if you go over 70% equipment and run around with C agility rank.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/5tpifo/ki_usage_tested_results_from_evasive_and/

So I used to run with A agility on my first way of the samurai run with full yagyu shinkage set but transitioned to B agility during way of the strong as the set bonuses are usually better with medium armor. While I noticed a big difference at first, most of it must have been placebo and I still have the same quick playstyle as I did with A agility rank.

That being said, there are some nifty moves like swallows wing which I like at A agility and if you're around level 100/150 probably best to stick with A agility as you don't have much points to spare to put into stamina.

A great drop like that makes it all worth it in the end. And good points on regarding Miduki flash. He/she can definitely be flashy as seen in the sick videos you linked.

I also think 200+ gear is only obtained by drops and this video seems to think that it only drops from the elite (red) way of the demon enemies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LarMkhT3uRU

He's gotten things wrong before though so be a bit wary but I think he's mostly correct. I'm pretty sure my first 200+ drop was a mission reward though but in general, yeah, may be only dropped by red enemies and its not possible to forge past 200.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Damn, having huge issues with the second DLC boss.

I can't for the life of me find a good way to avoid his blue phase. I try to dodge all slashes to drain him of Ki, but he keeps spamming the side-slash attack and it feels impossible to dodge.

Any suggestions? :(
If you don't have a tank build(heavy armor/etc) and guard elemental damage reduction on armor pieces, I suggest the keep away game like you seem to be doing. Especially when he is in LW form(green or blue). Keep playing the poke and run game after his attack animations till he is depleted or almost depleted of KI. Then go in with everything you got and do as much damage as you possibly can depending on your setup. I used carnage + steel + weakness when he was around Ki depleted. When Ki depleted, utilize Iai strikes into final blow damage if using sword/dual swords. Godspeed, you got this!

Oh, you can also cheese his ass if you have guardian talismans and Daiba washi of course!

I also think 200+ gear is only obtained by drops and this video seems to think that it only drops from the elite (red) way of the demon enemies:

He's gotten things wrong before though be wary.
Yeah I saw this as well and said shit. :(
I really hope it's just super rare and not this. Cause damn.

In terms of numbers there isn't that much difference in ki usage for both evasion and attacks between A and B agility rank. The big difference comes if you go over 70% equipment and run around with C agility rank.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/5tpifo/ki_usage_tested_results_from_evasive_and/

So I used to run with A agility on my first way of the samurai run with full yagyu shinkage set but transitioned to B agility during way of the strong as the set bonuses are usually better with medium armor. While I noticed a big difference at first, most of it must have been placebo and I still have the same quick playstyle as I did with A agility rank.

That being said, there are some nifty moves like swallows wing which I like at A agility and if you're around level 100/150 probably best to stick with A agility as you don't have much points to spare to put into stamina.

He's gotten things wrong before though so be a bit wary but I think he's mostly correct. I'm pretty sure my first 200+ drop was a mission reward though but in general, yeah, may be only dropped by red enemies and its not possible to forge past 200.

There might not be a big difference but it's big enough for me to feel it. There isn't a single mid set that three pieces of which would benefit my build (except the head piece I'm using). The only one that would is heavy Tatenashi set and that only boost my damage by 2 % which I would lose anyway going to Agility B. Really not worth it for me, plus I don't have to pump points in stamina. Nothing against mid or heavy sets, they just don't work for me ;)

Kaako

Felium Defensor
I also agree that the pure feel of the game/combat on Agility A is the best, hands down. I loved it in the beta days and my first couple of playthroughs. It just feels utterly fantastic to dance around everyone and everything w/out running.
For now though, I really wanna try this zero elemental damage tank build lol. Cause I hate elemental damage.

What is the highest Close combat Ki reduction? I got 25% on my sword abs never got anything higher than that. I wish there was an official list of highest values possible for each special effect. Common Team Ninja, you can do it!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
What is the highest Close combat Ki reduction? I got 25% on my sword abs never got anything higher than that. I wish there was an official list of highest values possible for each special effect. Common Team Ninja, you can do it!
25% is the max for that I believe.
Unofficial List that still needs updating: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16ATVIr-dSH-n10925y_KLLihv1ucjmYXSSSEg_WqmnU/edit#gid=0
Team Ninja really should've made an official list for this stuff but I guess they're potentially waiting as well on that official guide releasing end of May. Taking forever to release the damn thing it seems.

Top Bottom