• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9 (OT) SURABANAKA DESU!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuklear

Banned
JR pre-WWE was a very good announcer. I'm not sure why you guys are so down on him. He won't have Vince barking in his ear so it should be pretty good. Striker I have zero experience listening to though.

strobogo

Banned
JR pre-WWE was a very good announcer. I'm not sure why you guys are so down on him. He won't have Vince barking in his ear so it should be pretty good. Striker I have zero experience listening to though.

People are down on him because since leaving WWE, he's proven himself to be a misogynistic, racist, transphobic, grumpy general cunt.

JR was the man on WCW Saturday Night imo and as a young NWA/WCW mark he will always be the voice of Wrestling for me. Striker has been better on Lucha Underground then he was during his WWE tenure, but not sure how he will do tonight.

Luckily, I seemed to have convinced a friend to come over despite her not knowing anything about wrestling. Hoping that helps to keep me awake in combination with a cappuccino she is bringing me.

Does she like anime or J-Dramas? She'll dig the cute Japanese men.

I mean, not for nothing, but I'd do Shinsuke.

MG310

I'm just going with NJPW World. I want my lariats and brainbusters called properly.

Also afraid Striker will fall back into his habit of making up nicknames for guys for the first 10 minutes of every match.

Limit

People are down on him because since leaving WWE, he's proven himself to be a misogynistic, racist, transphobic, grumpy general cunt.

That's surprising. And disappointing. The worst he came off in WWE was super duper nationalistic. That's about it.

Edit: Somehow I expected Austin to be somewhat close minded of a person but from what I have heard from him via his podcasts he seems like a reasonable person with liberal bent on social issues of all sorts.

kunonabi

Man, my laptops are going to screw me. My current one drops connection constantly because it's sony vaio and made like shit. My old dell that doesn't drop connections is running videos but they stutter like crazy which didn't use to happen. Stupid computers.

NoRéN

Yes. His podcast is extremely disappointng if you were a fan of his.
Sad to hear.

I'm just going with NJPW World. I want my lariats and brainbusters called properly.

Also afraid Striker will fall back into his habit of making up nicknames for guys for the first 10 minutes of every match.
For me it came down to this: $9 for NJPW World or $45 on DirecTV.

Hex

Banned

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRIOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Ithil

That's surprising. And disappointing. The worst he came off in WWE was super duper nationalistic. That's about it.

Edit: Somehow I expected Austin to be somewhat close minded of a person but from what I have heard from him via his podcasts he seems like a reasonable person with liberal bent on social issues of all sorts.

Given he's a born and raised ranch owning, huntin' and shootin' Texas redneck, Austin is surprisingly open minded and liberal.

strobogo

Banned
Austin is rad except for that whole slapping Debra around thing. I feel like he has truly reformed himself from that period of his life, at least. I get the feeling when he talks about how walking out on WWE was the biggest mistake of his life that he's counting that whole period, where he basically seemed to have a mental break down, was a full on alcoholic, paranoid, hit his wife, quit his job. It sounds to me like he's extremely embarrassed and regretful for that whole period, but maybe that's just me reading into it because I'm a fan of his.

Alucard

Banned
I haven't listened to JR's podcast in a while, but yeah...totally misogynistic and acted like a horny old man when he interviewed Lita.

Alucard

Banned
Austin is basically an atheist based on the few times I've heard him approach religion when talking about HBK and Ted Dibiase being born again Christians. He respects them but doesn't necessarily subscribe to their perspective on life.

And yeah, I find it really surprising that Austin has that kind of mindset as someone who's a self-proclaimed redneck from Texas.

Downhome

Where in the world is the link to order it in HD on Dish? Anyone know?

EDIT:

I just called and they said it isn't airing in HD on Dish until January 12th. What in the world?

Austin is rad except for that whole slapping Debra around thing. I feel like he has truly reformed himself from that period of his life, at least. I get the feeling when he talks about how walking out on WWE was the biggest mistake of his life that he's counting that whole period, where he basically seemed to have a mental break down, was a full on alcoholic, paranoid, hit his wife, quit his job. It sounds to me like he's extremely embarrassed and regretful for that whole period, but maybe that's just me reading into it because I'm a fan of his.

I could not have summed things up better myself.

Ithil

Austin is basically an atheist based on the few times I've heard him approach religion when talking about HBK and Ted Dibiase being born again Christians. He respects them but doesn't necessarily subscribe to their perspective on life.

And yeah, I find it really surprising that Austin has that kind of mindset as someone who's a self-proclaimed redneck from Texas.

Especially him being 100% supportive of gay marriage. Just from his background it's unexpected.

bigkrev

Well, opened up the stream on NJPWorld. I'm probably going to pass out before the show even starts but at least I'm going to give it a shot, and probably watch the actual show in the morning.

ghostmind

Only 5 minutes before the stream on NJPWworld is scheduled to start.

のはそれを取得してみましょう

Slizeezyc

Friends, just want to say I hope it's awesome. I'll be watching tomorrow with US commentary since my cable provider isn't doing the 2 a.m, showing only the 7 p.m. one.

ghostmind

Rumble participants (updating):

Tiger Mask
Yuji Nagata
Taichi (with El Desperado & TAKA)
Sho Tanaka
Hiro Saito
Yohei Komatsu
Captain New Japan
Tama Tonga
TACOS! (YOSHI-HASHI)
Manabu Nakanishi
Daniel BryanYoshiaki Fujiwara
The Great Kabuki

UberTag

Look at all of the old men in the ring. The Old Age Outlaws should have made the trip to Japan for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom