• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

I know that this thread really hates speculation, but I really think that Talisa is a spy. Perhaps the very spy that sent the letter that Arya stole. Think about it. She's obviously attractive and performing a service that would appeal to the honorable Robb Stark. And she's from a far away place that would make checking her identity impossible. I don't know, I just get that feeling.

Hmm.. I'm not sure I get that from her. I feel like her function is to highlight honor and promises. Robb's obviously going to be stricken by her and want her quite a bit, but he'll be torn and told he needs to hold up his end of the deal.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I hate these posts. You smug bastard.

:p

haha I didn't mean it in a smug way. I'm being serious, it's fun and enjoyable to see other people's take on what direction storylines will go based on what they are seeing on the show.

I know that this thread really hates speculation, but I really think that Talisa is a spy. Perhaps the very spy that sent the letter that Arya stole. Think about it. She's obviously attractive and performing a service that would appeal to the honorable Robb Stark. And she's from a far away place that would make checking her identity impossible. I don't know, I just get that feeling.
Yeah! That exchange with King Robb was indeed very strange, especially the way she exited the screen, clenching her letter and hiding it, looking all suspicious and nervous, as if she realized Robb is on to her.

I think that was the intension of the storytellers and the director. To create that tension for us the audience, by being vague enough to not tell us anything about her true intension. "Well...! Is she a spy or not? Guess youll have to wait and find out...muwahaha!"

sangreal

Tyrion has the city watch and more importantly he has Bronn

He also has tribes of wild men, though they haven't been seen since he arrived in King's Landing. But they were following him when he first got there.

One of the hill people was with him when he imprisoned the Maester, I believe

Volimar

Yeah! That exchange with King Robb was indeed very strange, especially the way she exited the screen, clenching her letter and hiding it, looking all suspicious and nervous, as if she realized Robb is on to her.

I think that was the intension of the storytellers and the director. To create that tension for us the audience, by being vague enough to not tell us anything about her true intension. "Well...! Is she a spy or not? Guess youll have to wait and find out...muwahaha!"

Same Game time, same Game channel!

Nizz

I do get a somewhat uneasy vibe from her honestly. I mean, she hasn't done anything to truly make me feel like she'll betray the Starks outright. But there's a little something about her, she's mysterious.

Cyan

Banned

It did seem like they were pointing us in that direction.

JGS

Banned
Seems too obvious and both sides likely have spies & scouts all over. It's possible but would disappoint.

Volimar

Seems too obvious and both sides likely have spies & scouts all over. It's possible but would disappoint.

See, I think that her whole exchange with him, the whole "Yeah, you caught me, I'm totally a spy" is great for disarming people from being suspicious of her...

Maybe I'm falling for a red herring, but I just got a vibe from her is all.

Anyone else notice how female-sentric this episode was?

or maybe "relationship-centric?"

It was a great episode, and most scenes just consisted of male and female exchanging dialogue or/and spooning.

and it was mostly establishing good chemistry amongst (opposing) characters.

for example, I'm liking the growing trust between Bran Stark and Osha

The growing "bond" between Tywin and Arya
The faux, and forced relationship between Jon Snow and the new red head (Ygritte)
The mysterious exchanges between Robb and Talisa.
Bird vs Bird Catcher relationship between "The Hound" and Sansa :p

But yeah it was a very well made episode that covered so much ground with character development without feeling forced or out of pace.

I'm kinda confused about the scene where they are all watching Myrcella Baratheon being shipped away? !?

I thought Tyrion did that already long time ago, behind Cersei's back, hence why she was flipping the tables (literally) and being pissed off at him?

If she didn't want that for her daughter, why did she just stand there and watch (as a Queen) and threatened the Imp with his lover?

suzu

I'm kinda confused about the scene where they are all watching Myrcella Baratheon being shipped away? !?

I thought Tyrion did that already long time ago, behind Cersei's back, hence why she was flipping the tables (literally) and being pissed off at him?

If she didn't want that for her daughter, why did she just stand there and watch (as a Queen) and threatened the Imp with his lover?

Tyrion is the Hand of the King, so he has more power over Cersei (who is just the queen regent). I think. And I imagine they can't just go change their mind and take back their offer to Dorne.

Yeah, I'd assume that once the offer is made and accepted, to renege it would turn Dorne from a previously neutral party to an adversary. So the choice is between Dorne on their side or Dorne with Stannis or Robb Stark.

The way things are going there is no way the Lannisters can afford to not go through with it. She's mad at Tyrion for the offer but at this point she knows they have to follow through.

RDreamer

It would be great if the Hound was the one who ended up killing Joffrey :)

You know, I'm almost getting this vibe from him, and I think I could see that happening. He had quite a look at one point in this episode toward Joffrey (when he called him Dog), and he seems to have taken quite a liking to Sansa.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Anyone else notice how female-sentric this episode was?

or maybe "relationship-centric?"

It was a great episode, and most scenes just consisted of male and female exchanging dialogue or/and spooning.

and it was mostly establishing good chemistry amongst (opposing) characters.

for example, I'm liking the growing trust between Bran Stark and Osha

The growing "bond" between Tywin and Arya
The faux, and forced relationship between Jon Snow and the new red head (Ygritte)
The mysterious exchanges between Robb and Talisa.
Bird vs Bird Catcher relationship between "The Hound" and Sansa :p

But yeah it was a very well made episode that covered so much ground with character development without feeling forced or out of pace.

I totally get a vibe from your post that can be covered by this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi0Y3QgpoGk

Gila

This has probably been answered, but I don't wanna search through pages

Who is this? The actress I mean

3cHsLl.jpg

Moaradin

Sucks she had to waste her two wishes on some no names. Best case scenario, she could have got Joffery, Littlefinger and Cersei. Hopefully she won't waste the last one.

Speculation: rich black guy in Qarth had his own men / the Dothraki killed, abducted the dragons, is planning to frame whoever owns that tower for the crime, forcing Dany to marry him and use his ships (his talk about doing bad things in pursuit of good outcomes coming just before we see his men dead made me suspicious)

Balehead

He should have killed the wildling. Such a stupid thing to do, letting her live. He's now lost, put the rest of his men in jeopardy and himself. There's no place for chivalry and mercy where he is. He's not learning a damn thing and it would suit for it to be his downfall. I started out really liking the guy, but he's too nice. Clock is ticking on that one. (just a prediction, I haven't read the books).

The Night's Watch has been the weakest stuff since the beginning of the show (S1) if you ask me. Nothing but build-up so far this season and now we get this? A cliche guy spares a girl, which was almost obvious when she was surprisingly pretty, and even more obvious when Jon went all "I'll kill her myself!" - "Aight, see ya later mate.". I hope the wildlings just kill him and his posse, then ship Jon's head to his chubby comic-relief friend(I can't believe that dude is really in this show) and we never have to see more of the north if this is what we're getting. The rest of the show is quite stellar so the guys beyond the wall really need to step up their game.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
The Night's Watch has been the weakest stuff since the beginning of the show (S1) if you ask me. Nothing but build-up so far this season and now we get this? A cliche guy spares a girl, which was almost obvious when she was surprisingly pretty, and even more obvious when Jon went all "I'll kill her myself!" - "Aight, see ya later mate.". I hope the wildlings just kill him and his posse, then ship Jon's head to his chubby comic-relief friend(I can't believe that dude is really in this show) and we never have to see more of the north if this is what we're getting. The rest of the show is quite stellar so the guys beyond the wall really need to step up their game.

It sounds dumb.. but I kinda see that as.. how it should be

No one else in westeros takes them seriously, or thinks they really have that great a purpos

Violet_0

Banned
Speculation: rich black guy in Qarth had his own men / the Dothraki killed, abducted the dragons, is planning to frame whoever owns that tower for the crime, forcing Dany to marry him and use his ships (his talk about doing bad things in pursuit of good outcomes coming just before we see his men dead made me suspicious)

I was actually surprised that he didn't just outright tell her that he was responsible for the attack because, come on:

"I've done many thing, Khaleesi, that a righteous man would condemn. And here I am, with no regrets."

*opens door* everyone inside is dead

I totally expected him to turn around with a shit eating grin on his face. The timing was just too perfect

Sofo

I was actually surprised that he didn't just outright tell her that he was responsible for the attack because, come on:

"I've done many thing, Khaleesi, that a righteous man would condemn. And here I am, with no regrets."

*opens door* everyone inside is dead

I totally expected him to turn around with a shit eating grin on his face. The timing was just too perfect
For a second I thought that was some sort of illusion, showing her the things he had done. Idk, I'm not that familiar with the lore, so I don't know if he could pull that off.

defel

Id be willing to bet that Littlefinger noticed Arya but chose to keep that information to himself. He always seems to know more than anyone else

Balehead

Id be willing to bet that Littlefinger noticed Arya but chose to keep that information to himself. He always seems to know more than anyone else

Yeah and the whole time she was serving wine for the second time, when she spilled, Littlefinger kept staring at her while he was talking with Tywinn. I'd say he knows.

well, so far the show has not really got up in high gear, there is still so much new stuff arriving all the time, new characters, new cities etc. I am feeling lost sometimes when watchin g this show.

I do hope that the show kicks it up a gear in progressing the story and starts delivering us some action.

Yeah, what would be his gain if he had stood up right there, pointed his finger at her and shouted "that's the Stark daughter!"?
Now he can either tell the Tywinn later to get benefit x or play that card to someone else.

SyNapSe

Yeah and the whole time she was serving wine for the second time, when she spilled, Littlefinger kept staring at her while he was talking with Tywinn. I'd say he knows.

I felt like that last scene was to show that he wasn't sure. She turns her body away and he's trying to extend out with his head to look around and see her but then Tywin says something that would require his response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom